LE wants to interview the parents separately

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, gee, I hope the parents feel good if they gain sympathy from the masses for clinging to their rights...good for them. :( They'll show those mean old police.

Meanwhile, isn't their little baby missing?????

Isnt this the same strategy LE is employing?

Like I've said before I'd sit down with the Pope and answer questions if I were innocent. And I'd tell him everything in order to bring my baby home. What's the hold up? Lawyers are putting a spin on this. They want the questions to be non accusatory? Oh well. So lets literally "throw the baby out with the bathwater" playing foolish lawyer games. Get to the facts is what needs to happen.

And if the facts lead to the parents oh well, that is what happened. But if they don't..........then for cryiing out loud an innocent baby is missing and someone needs to start telling everything!!!!!!! Who was in that house? Why would anyone want to steal a baby? Why was this family targeted? What type of relationship problems were there if any? ETC., ETC.

Like I've said before I'd sit down with the Pope and answer questions if I were innocent. And I'd tell him everything in order to bring my baby home. What's the hold up? Lawyers are putting a spin on this. They want the questions to be non accusatory? Oh well. So lets literally "throw the baby out with the bathwater" playing foolish lawyer games. Get to the facts is what needs to happen.

And if the facts lead to the parents oh well, that is what happened. But if they don't..........then for cryiing out loud an innocent baby is missing and someone needs to start telling everything!!!!!!! Who was in that house? Why would anyone want to steal a baby? Why was this family targeted? What type of relationship problems were there if any? ETC., ETC.

:clap:

Yep. Bottom line, the parents stopped talking to LE, went on national television, changed the timeline, now refuse to talk with LE unless their demands are met. Sorry, Lawyer Short, I was not born last night. That duck keeps quacking louder and louder.

and other than a rumor no one has proven Le requested it.
and as these little games get played, Lisa is still missing and the parents still refuse to help.

Can you PROVE that the parents "still refuse to help"?

All we have is vague statements by LE, the same LE who have also said that DB and JI have continued to grant full access to their home and answer questions outside of the unrestricted sit-down request. Which means they are answering questions, they just haven't sat down unrestricted. Which I believe, by default, means that they aren't refusing to help.

I don't take issue with your position, I agree we would need clarification about what exactly is meant by the statements. I just think we need clarification in either direction- LE has been vague about what exactly they mean and really they are the only ones who can expand and clear it up.

ETA- I wish a reporter would make themselves useful and ask Young to detail what "unrestricted" means. Then we wouldn't have to assume :)

What rumor are we talking about and where did the rumor come from? Thanks.

I think it's the rumor that LE wants to question the parents without their attorney present.

I could be wrong. :crazy:

ETA

CNN) -- The parents of a missing Missouri girl have refused to be interviewed separately by authorities, Kansas City police said Wednesday.
But the attorney representing Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley, parents of 11-month-old Lisa Irwin, said the couple is not opposed to separate interviews, but do not want what police requested -- an unrestricted interview with no attorneys present.
"Being questioned separately is not the issue," said attorney Cyndy Short. She said the couple has been cooperative and has previously been interviewed separately as well as together. They don't mind being interviewed separately as long as the detectives are fair, open-minded and non-accusatory, she said.

This is another one of those cases where I feel like we care more about this child being found and receiving justice, than the family does.

If I'm wrong in my feelings so be it. It won't be the first time.

JMO

*back for a moment*

It's not a rumor, it's Cindy Short's comment that LE has asked to interview the Irwins without their attorney present. I guess some are calling it a rumor because LE hasn't said it, it was reported instead by the attorney for the Irwins by MSM.

*back for a moment*

It's not a rumor, it's Cindy Short's comment that LE has asked to interview the Irwins without their attorney present. I guess some are calling it a rumor because LE hasn't said it, it was reported instead by the attorney for the Irwins by MSM.

bbm

yes, it came from the defense atty..

no denial or confirmation from LE that this is the case so it just as likely could be spin...

this is just me and my opinion only... but when I make a list of facts I don't include defense atty statements.. (just my respectful opinion only):twocents:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20540037,00.html

"I don't think it would be appropriate for me to detail the conversations that take place between the detectives and the attorneys," says Kansas City Police spokesman Capt. Steve Young.

"But I do know the detectives have outlined what we need to them, and as of [Tuesday] afternoon, the parents have not sat down with detectives," Young said. "Any discussion of conditions to that happening need to take place between detectives and the attorneys, not through me to the media."

If this is the case, why is he going to the media?! Someone said spin on attorney's part, I think SY is spinning a little too.

*back for a moment*

Actually, I am calling it an unsubstantiated comment since it does not appear to be a direct quote from the lawyer. Now, if I see a video and see her saying this, then I can say she said it. Personally, I find it odd that she has tried in many ways to force LE to answer to her demands and her spin.

I think the attorneys just want to get an inkling of what they may have to defend. They want a case preview.

I realize that not many people on this forum empathize with them, but the community at large appears to, as shown in the candle light vigil.

And I think it's a credit to the lawyer in their community, who is keeping it real.

I think the community at large is out there supporting each other and their community in bringing this baby girl home alive. I'm sure there are many doubts about the parents, but the community is putting their feelings aside for baby Lisa.

When Laci went missing, I think the community had a strong suspicion that SP knew a lot more, but they supported him regardless.

imo

Good for LE if they do want to question the parents alone...they should want to. I know it won't happen but why shouldn't they want it? Don't they tape interviews these days? I am pretty sure no one is going to be beaten.

This is such a ridiculous game at this point, IMO...LE is trying to move ahead with a missing infant case here.

I am tired of arguing about it and really sick of these parents and their lawyers. JMOJMOJMOJMOJMO

I realize that not many people on this forum empathize with them, but the community at large appears to, as shown in the candle light vigil.

And I think it's a credit to the lawyer in their community, who is keeping it real.

Do you know how many people were at the vigil on Sunday night? TIA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back