LE wants to interview the parents separately

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
actually looking for the "missing" child and conducting an investigation. The parents attorney is certainly not searching nor are the parents. LE is hardly required to match the parents press releases and attorney statements-all these parents are doing is defending their behavior and criticizing LE from what I can tell as I've yet to see anywhere near the effort to find the child that has gone into securing appearances on national TV and having their attorneys be interviewed. Maybe this seems normal to some people but I'm frankly amazed.

Yet, LE hasn't denied it.

things to defend their behavior and disparage LE. Why shut up about this-they're the ones who brought it up-why not explain it? There is no legal reason not to. The only reason I can fathom is that there is no way they want to be interviewed at all and so don't want to risk LE meeting their "demands"

Why do they need to let 'us' know what their demands are. As long as it is voiced to the proper channels, that is all that matters.

Today I had a thought, something that I have not thought about before.

IF it's true that a cadaver dog hit on decomp, and IF it belonged to LI, then the child would have had to be dead for a while. I would need a clarification from one of our SARS experts regarding that, but I think, although a body starts decomp immediately, it might have to be there a while for a dog to pick up on it.

I honestly think that the dad needs to take a LD test as well. I don't know why but something about her demeanor, with JI, makes me feel at times that she is taking the fall for him. MOO

Last night, on JVM, they had a female reporter from CNN in front of the house. That reporter said that JI refuses to let DB be interviewed without him present. If that's true, I find that troublesome. What is he afraid of? MOO

I think the dog hit on clothing or a blanket that was on Lisa's body. She may have been dead for hours before being discovered. Her mother's last check was at 6:40 pm.

JMO

crime victims needing to hire attorneys unless, of course, they need protection from being found out. I've never known a single crime victim whose family needed an attorney to "protect" themselves from the people who were investigating the crime. Unless, of course, they were the perpetrators or conspirators. I know when I look at materials prepared for parents of missing children, like from the center for missing and exploited children, I have yet to see where they recommend refusing to meet with LE and hiring an attorney to "negotiate" their cooperation.

You're right, "victims" of crimes virtually never hire lawyers. But family members of victims often have to, to protect themselves.

Baby Lisa is the victim here, and we don't know who the perpetrators are. So it's VERY wise, especially looking at the direction LE is taking here, that her family members seek counsel.

for lawyers. If no one ever talked to LE without an attorney not many crimes would get solved as many people can't afford attorneys. How many parents of missing children have done this? IMO, not very many. Most loving parents would would do anything to help LE find their child. So, what this again says to me, is that someone doesn't want this child found and would rather use the media and attorneys to spin and justify their behavior and refusal and attempt to put the same LE that is looking for their child, in a bad light in order to make it seem as though their actions are rational and understandable. I'm not taken in by that spin. Their behavior is completely incompatible with the expected actions of parents of a missing infant.

No. Nobody should be expected to be questioned by LE unrestricted without representation.

crime victims needing to hire attorneys unless, of course, they need protection from being found out. I've never known a single crime victim whose family needed an attorney to "protect" themselves from the people who were investigating the crime. Unless, of course, they were the perpetrators or conspirators. I know when I look at materials prepared for parents of missing children, like from the center for missing and exploited children, I have yet to see where they recommend refusing to meet with LE and hiring an attorney to "negotiate" their cooperation.

Fox..

I am sitting here shaking my head at what as happened in the last two days.

We have basically got a he said, she said situation going on between LE, lawyers and the parents.

Meanwhile, there is an 11 month old girl missing.................

I blame all involved.

JMO.

Riley Fox's father would disagree.

I don't know of any missing person who has benefitted from their family criticizing the law enforcement who are looking for the missing person.

If there really was a 2:38 phone call, would it not be of value to show proof of that to Jeremy and Debbie's family? What if Debbie said the call was made up by detectives - wouldn't it be good to say "Here's proof" and try to expose her lies? Is it possible to fracture the allegiance to Debbie by her family or is that a lost cause? Do family members ever turn a criminal in their family in, or at least withdraw their support?

Hmmm I find it difficult to consider defense attorney statements as less credible than LE's. Both have a motive to lie to the media and have been caught doing so. Or twisting words or omission.

I think both LE and DT's statements have equal weight. Both are officers of the court. and neither gain credibility by lying to media. Not saying that they don't do it, just that it doesn't help them in the end.

As far as Short goes, until there is evidence of her lying to the media in cases it isn't fair to throw out anything she says as not factual.

respectfully too.

BBM

I seem to have missed something. When has LE lied to the public? What would even be their motive for lying to the public? Yes they have made no secret that they want to talk to the parents. But they are looking for a missing child, the fact that the parents were the last to see the baby and the ones who knew the most about the circumstances, that isn't surprising. And since the parents profess that they also want to find the baby, you would think they would be demanding interviews with LE.

I can think of instances where the defense has lied to public. There was when they announced that the I's were cooperating with LE. But it turns out the I's had been refusing to meet with LE since Oct. 8. And there was the video of the bedroom where the attorney said there was no cadaver dog hit. Since she was not present when the cadaver dog was there, there was no way for her to know that. And since she didn't know what the circumstances were, she had no way of even deducing that.

Based on what I have seen, I find the defense to be less than credible.

I don't know of any missing person who has benefitted from their family criticizing the law enforcement who are looking for the missing person.

Elizabeth Smart's family fought tooth and nail for LE to consider it might be someone other than Richard Ricci. Ed Smart was very outspoken about it.

BBM

I seem to have missed something. When has LE lied to the public? What would even be their motive for lying to the public? Yes they have made no secret that they want to talk to the parents. But they are looking for a missing child, the fact that the parents were the last to see the baby and the ones who knew the most about the circumstances, that isn't surprising. And since the parents profess that they also want to find the baby, you would think they would be demanding interviews with LE.

I can think of instances where the defense has lied to public. There was when they announced that the I's were cooperating with LE. But it turns out the I's had been refusing to meet with LE since Oct. 8. And there was the video of the bedroom where the attorney said there was no cadaver dog hit. Since she was not present when the cadaver dog was there, there was no way for her to know that. And since she didn't know what the circumstances were, she had no way of even deducing that.

Based on what I have seen, I find the defense to be less than credible.

Lets start with the Nifong case if you want one where LE lies to the media. Or the Elizabeth smart case. Or Riley Foxes case. There have been dozens and dozens of others, even in the last few cases there have been times that LE omitted information

Today I had a thought, something that I have not thought about before.

IF it's true that a cadaver dog hit on decomp, and IF it belonged to LI, then the child would have had to be dead for a while. I would need a clarification from one of our SARS experts regarding that, but I think, although a body starts decomp immediately, it might have to be there a while for a dog to pick up on it.

I honestly think that the dad needs to take a LD test as well. I don't know why but something about her demeanor, with JI, makes me feel at times that she is taking the fall for him. MOO

Last night, on JVM, they had a female reporter from CNN in front of the house. That reporter said that JI refuses to let DB be interviewed without him present. If that's true, I find that troublesome. What is he afraid of? MOO

Just as a living person gives off a scent that tracking dogs can smell, cadavar dogs can detect the odors of decomp soon after they begin is my understanding.

I have no way of knowing this, so this is just theory. But I think the reason LE didn't give JI a lie detector test is because Lisa was probably seen by the neighbor who was over and drinking with DI. So she would have been seen after he went to work. LE said right away there was no holes in their story, which I took to mean that they confirmed JI was confirmed to be at work and DB was confirmed to be at home. And the times of their comings and goings were confirmed. Which would mean that JI wouldn't need an LD because they called LE soon after he arrived home. I think LE believes he wasn't involved in anything. Though what he knows by now would be in question.

Refusing to separate from DB in interviews I think is possibly a protective thing. Wanting to protect DB from accusations from LE.

I think his reactions on camera could be because he is shy. Or he could know or suspect more than what they are saying, and avoids looking at the camera so he won't give himself away.

Since the missing Lisa Irwin Facebook page does not allow anyone to post anything that assumes Lisa is dead (which is run by the Irwin family), my guess is that the parents' condition for being interviewed by LE is also that no questions can be asked that make the assumption that Lisa is dead.

Lets start with the Nifong case if you want one where LE lies to the media. Or the Elizabeth smart case. Or Riley Foxes case. There have been dozens and dozens of others, even in the last few cases there have been times that LE omitted information

I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear. In this case, where is there evidence that LE has lied to the public?

I am continually astonished that it is presumed by many that it is LE who is lying...

Not sure if this would be an example of criticizing, but if the Smarts had listened to LE, they would never have released the information that lead to the recovery of Elizabeth.

Does anyone think that perhaps the whole family knows now that something happened in that house and that Lisa is gone? Maybe they don't have the full truth, but perhaps they know an "accident" happened? Has any of their behavior indicated this possibility?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back