LeAnna (Mom) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched this again. It's from June 19th and aired on the 11:00pm news.
Lawrence Zimmerman was backing Vic Reynolds up. Leanna has since hired him.

What does this say to you? Is she REALLY trying to protect herself and back Ross up? -or something else? I think she knew he was capable, but thought he was all bark and no bite.

http://www.11alive.com/videos/news/2014/06/19/11004343/

Attorneys Ed Garland and Lawrence Zimmerman discuss charges against a father whose son was left in a hot car.

Great find on the video gngr snap (as usual).

Zimmerman does indeed sound like he is backing Reynolds. He seems confident that he wouldn't have charged him overzealously and must have something to back the charges up.

Zimmerman seems, at least to me, like a likeable guy. But, I reserve the right to change my mind at any given time because, well, because he's a defense attorney :biggrin:

Mom 'had no reaction' after son's hot car death: Investigators say after Cooper Harris died after being left in a hot car by his father Ross Harris, his mother Leanna had no reaction and asked her husband after court if he had "said too much" to prosecutors.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...ion-shifts-mother-Georgia-boy-s-hot-car-death

One thread is in lockdown so I will place this here for my reference. Thanks for the valuable posts.

If she sought him out could be looked at one of three ways (MOO)

She saw him on news, did some checking, and decided to hire him because he has followed the case and is reputable criminal defense attorney who shows familiarity with the case and wants him to guide her through standing by her man at trial

She saw him on news and decided she needed her own attorney to represent her own interest in light of rumors of her own possible charges

She saw him on news and hired him so he can't opine on the case as a talking head anymore

D) She hired a suitable attorney who will keep her from being arrested and hauled away in handcuffs.

Thanks for the info on the Lawrence Zimmerman/ Vic Reynolds matter.

So they didn't speak once he "discovered" Cooper which was after 4:16? (He left work at 4:16. So he talked to her before then. Then he tried to call her once he discovered Cooper. No answer. Called HD. No answer. Then Little Aprons for 6 mins.
I have no idea. If she didn't get to little aprons until 4:51 it couldn't have been her could it? I think by then he was cuffed in the cruiser.

If she sought him out could be looked at one of three ways (MOO)

She saw him on news, did some checking, and decided to hire him because he has followed the case and is reputable criminal defense attorney who shows familiarity with the case and wants him to guide her through standing by her man at trial

She saw him on news and decided she needed her own attorney to represent her own interest in light of rumors of her own possible charges

She saw him on news and hired him so he can't opine on the case as a talking head anymore

Or someone is his office reached out to her... Offered to defend her pro bono.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or someone is his office reached out to her... Offered to defend her pro bono.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every article I see it says she has "retained" a lawyer. Doesn't that mean she paid him? I have no idea, that's why I am asking.
"Thursday, defense attorney Lawrence Zimmerman confirmed to CNN he had been retained by Leanna Harris."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/10/justice/georgia-hot-car-toddler-death/ All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

"Ross must have left him in the car." Leanna was insistent upon Cooper being "left in the car" as Stoddard testified to in the PCH.

People leave gum wrappers in their car. People leave sweaters or jackets in their car. People do not leave children in the car so why did LH state that is what happened to her child as an explanation as to why Cooper was not at daycare?

There was a 4:00 - 4:04p phone tag between LH who phd RH first. RH dialed her back. NA. 3rd attempt was by RH when a 1m call transpires. Stoddard stated on the stand that LH and RH had a 1m phone conversation. Could RHs call go to LHs VM @ 4:04p. to acct for the 1m ph call?

gngr~snap there are no words that can change what has been done. Remember your good times with fondness and a smile for a little boy named Cooper who wanted to one day drive a red car around HotLanta :)

My 5yo granddaughter was playing with last year's calendar. She asked why there was a sad face drawn on Sept. 3. I explained the date was when my mother died. She was obviously appalled when she exclaimed: "Why didn't you draw a heart?" And so I did.

It took all of us a long time to be able to look at Akers Mill and not feel sad. When I was a junior in high school my friend was kidnapped from Akers Mill and murdered. The one thing we hoped was that he didn't kill her there. Well RH didn't kill Cooper there either, so you are right.
So many great memories of the area. I am so sorry that Cooper couldn't grow up there too. They are building a new stadium for the Atlanta Braves about a mile away from the Corporate HD. Cooper would have loved the baseball games.
Oh well.
I guess I will always have a love/hate relationship with Akers Mill.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...qofAAAAIBAJ&sjid=fNYEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1263,3983500

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

Laurie Lynn Landt, who was your 16yo friend, met with a horrific monster that Monday night in 1983. Please accept my condolences on your loss. Both for Laurie and to you: What a frightful event for a young lady of sixteen to experience! It is brutally horrific either way; however, I can't help but wonder if you feel Laurie Lynn's demise was due to a target of assault or was it a random sex/murder crime? My apologies if this is too much.

26 murders are attributed to Wayne Williams. I vaguely recall some details from watching the WW saga unfold while commuting for years to Atlanta for the Braves' games where we gleefully did the tomahawk chop. Chipper Jones :heartbeat:

still undecided on LH. I tend to feel she knows some damning things about her husband. I think she may even suspect what he has done was purposeful. But cannot quite reach a point where I feel she was in on it ahead of time or knew what was coming. That said, I am completely flummoxed by some of her behaviors and statements.

Same here. At first I was 100% convinced but as I've read more about her husband's behaviours I wouldn't be shocked to hear she wasn't in on it.

The internet searches are the one thing I keep going back to. Why would you ever search the temperature ended to kill a child in a hot car? If it wasn't for that I would probably think she had no idea what was going to happen. That and the comment at the daycare that he must have left Cooper in the car.

Laurie Lynn Landt, who was your 16yo friend, met with a horrific monster that Monday night in 1983. Please accept my condolences on your loss. Both for Laurie and to you: What a frightful event for a young lady of sixteen to experience! It is brutally horrific either way; however, I can't help but wonder if you feel Laurie Lynn's demise was due to a target of assault or was it a random sex/murder crime? My apologies if this is too much.

26 murders are attributed to Wayne Williams. I vaguely recall some details from watching the WW saga unfold while commuting for years to Atlanta for the Braves' games where we gleefully did the tomahawk chop. Chipper Jones [emoji813]beat:
It's a cold case. I think she was targeted. She was one of the nicest people you could meet. 4.0 avg never an unkind word to anyone.
She didn't even date. He raped her and strangled her with her panty hose, then dumped her near a cemetery at a Church.

I think she is why I found Websleuths. Her death rocked my world. I thank her for giving me the opportunity to re evaluate how I handle situations when alone.

I do believe the good ones go first.

I don't get why anyone went to the dad's work. I guess she figured he was still at work?
That Cooper was found in his car there?
Police knew where he was, I guess they wanted to see where she would drive?
A little confused here.

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

The cops didnt go with her to Home Depot, a daycare worker did.

A person must pay a lawyer something...even a token amount as low as $1- to engage services of an attorney.

The cops didnt go with her to Home Depot, a daycare worker did.

Right, I was saying the cops wanted to see where she went. If she drove to Akers Mill, how would she explain how she knew where Ross stopped?

Every article I see it says she has "retained" a lawyer. Doesn't that mean she paid him? I have no idea, that's why I am asking.
"Thursday, defense attorney Lawrence Zimmerman confirmed to CNN he had been retained by Leanna Harris."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/10/justice/georgia-hot-car-toddler-death/ All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

I would not infer payment from the use of the word "retained." Retained as an attorney just means you've been hired. An advance fee deposit is sometimes called a "retainer" but that has a technical meaning in some states that's not relevant here.

I also would not assume that he is not being paid.

It is none of my business, but if I knew she used most of the $ she was given to oay a lawyer, I somehow would feel better.
If she gives it to Ross I won't.,moo

If she had to refund through paypal, there might not be much left. Will she have to refund money from the online donations, or is that on paypal to do so? I'm not sure how that stuff works.

I'm actually a bit surprised they are issuing any refunds. That's the risk you take for throwing money at something, when you don't know the details or evidence.

More than $22,000 was raised for the Harris family through YouCaring.com in the days following Cooper's death and Harris' arrest.

That online campaign disappeared sometime within the past week. "The campaign was recently removed from the site so that the controversy and debate surrounding the Harris matter did not become a distraction to the millions of other donors participating in a wide variety of active fundraiser currently taking place in our community,'' YouCaring.com spokesman Michael Blasco told AL.com. "As a donations-based crowd-funding platform, YouCaring does not pass judgment in pending legal matters related to our fundraising campaigns."

As for the money collected before the campaign was taken down, "The proceeds raised by the Harris family campaign were not withheld by YouCaring,'' Blasco said. "Payments are distributed immediately. Anyone wishing to have funds returned can contact PayPal support."

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/07/fundraising_campaign_for_justi.html

More than $22,000 was raised for the Harris family through YouCaring.com in the days following Cooper's death and Harris' arrest.

That online campaign disappeared sometime within the past week. "The campaign was recently removed from the site so that the controversy and debate surrounding the Harris matter did not become a distraction to the millions of other donors participating in a wide variety of active fundraiser currently taking place in our community,'' YouCaring.com spokesman Michael Blasco told AL.com. "As a donations-based crowd-funding platform, YouCaring does not pass judgment in pending legal matters related to our fundraising campaigns."

As for the money collected before the campaign was taken down, "The proceeds raised by the Harris family campaign were not withheld by YouCaring,'' Blasco said. "Payments are distributed immediately. Anyone wishing to have funds returned can contact PayPal support."

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/07/fundraising_campaign_for_justi.html

I sure wonder who is paying for this mistake, I wonder if Paypal has some kind of insurance that would cover it? Although covering that amount ,for Paypal ,would just be pocket change

It was interesting to hear that the Homer fund is actually the employees who pay into it. Different than the Home Depot corp paying for it.

Kudos to the Home Depot workers who are so generous!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro