LeAnna (Mom) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice Wood hasn't confirmed he's even talked to her.

I think she leaked it because she arrogantly thinks the media will be intimidated by it. Or maybe she's hoping Wood will at least take her call.

JMO

Wow. If that is the case.....smells of desperation.....and brimstone. If Lin Wood thinks you stink......

But you know....there is always Baez!

Hold on! Hold on, hold on!

Could this be a proactive defense?
Cobb County said they had just scratched the surface, is the rubber about to meet the road?
Was she playin nice to Ross to encourage him to not reveal something?
Is his depravity much worse than we thought?
Could he be a real sicko?

Is she distancing herself and warning the media to watch it because we are about to find something out?
I don't know do they even do that?

I don't see what her problem is. No one is stopping her from grieving. There is not a crowd outside her door chanting. Stay off the internet and don't watch the news!
Don't answer the phone.

I don't know, I just feel like if you create your own storm, don't whine when a flood comes.

All posts are MOO.

They both could be real sicko's, imo.

Hold on! Hold on, hold on!

Could this be a proactive defense?
Cobb County said they had just scratched the surface, is the rubber about to meet the road?
Was she playin nice to Ross to encourage him to not reveal something?
Is his depravity much worse than we thought?
Could he be a real sicko?

Is she distancing herself and warning the media to watch it because we are about to find something out?
I don't know do they even do that?

I don't see what her problem is. No one is stopping her from grieving. There is not a crowd outside her door chanting. Stay off the internet and don't watch the news!
Don't answer the phone.

I don't know, I just feel like if you create your own storm, don't whine when a flood comes.

All posts are MOO.

My own belief, not substantiated by facts or other troublesome nonsense, is that LH is a vapid, attention seeker, and thought she could revel in her role as grieving mom. Until smart people looked closer. Ruh-roh.

Now she is pizzed all the peoples did not buy her BS and stopped donating money, and she is going to HAVE to sue non-believers for ruining her life. Because Ross is a really great dad, see.

Wow. If that is the case.....smells of desperation.....and brimstone. If Lin Wood thinks you stink......

I feel woozy!
ba4evame.jpg

All posts are MOO.

I bet Leanna thinks she has a great case for defamation. She probably does blame the media for "ruining" her life. I think she is hoping that Lin Wood will take the case for free, because all his other clients are individuals in high-profile cases defamed by the media ~just like her~.

Reading the comments about the consultation with Wood on WSB-TV's FB page. People are flipping out LOL.

Some of them are just so ridiculous, though. There are a few that say he took the case to get a movie deal. How would that even work?

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/leanna-harris-seeks-help-anti-defamation-lawyer-to/ngg64/

Was this leaked on purpose? It is odd that only one media outlet is reporting it from a source. I would think they would keep it quiet until he agreed to possibly represent her.

I said it earlier.. my hinky meter's dinging -- it's either a veiled threat (good luck, cough) to ATTEMPT to get MSM to back off...

or it's a heads-up to RH & defense team to start talking before she turns on him so she can be free forever...

IMO

I said it earlier.. my hinky meter's dinging -- it's either a veiled threat (good luck, cough) to ATTEMPT to get MSM to back off...

or it's a heads-up to RH & defense team to start talking before she turns on him so she can be free forever...

IMO

But we will know pretty soon whether LW decides to represent her. If he declines, how is it still a threat? The media probably hopes she does sue...The public will become even more riled up.

OMG, I know you did NOT just go there ^ ^

My opinion of LH hiring a lawyer is if she's guilty she needs one and if she's not guilty she probably still doesn't think RH is either and she believes if Ross was innocent and they charged him then I better get legal help before they do the same to me.

OMG, I know you did NOT just go there ^ ^

I did. And I am a little bit ashamed. And yet, no, I'm not.

You know he was weighing in on some carpola HLN show last night.....only a matter of time......RUN AND HIDE

My opinion of LH hiring a lawyer is if she's guilty she needs one and if she's not guilty she probably still doesn't think RH is either and she believes if Ross was innocent and they charged him then I better get legal help before they do the same to me.

LH running around hiring all these lawyers and she forgot about thiring he most beneficial one, the divorce lawyer.

Oh well, maybe when she's not so grief stricken she can get right on that :thinking:

I wouldn't and neither did Marc Klass nor John Walsh, both of whom have had their children kidnapped and murdered by strangers. Both of them were innocent. It looks very GUILTY to lawyer up when you have no good reason to do so.

Re: Lawyering up... I've read two schools of thought in this thread--those who say the innocent don't need to, and those who say people should always get a lawyer. If I had to generalize, I'd say I'm in the second camp--particularly if the crime I'm being questioned about is serious. I know that lawyering up tends to make people "look" guilty in some people's eyes. But, that's all about trial by media or public perception, and in the end, that's not as important as what happens in the courtroom. In a serious case that ends up in the courtroom, unless you know the law as well as LE and the lawyers trying to question you, if you are innocent and value your freedom and reputation, IMO you will benefit most by having a lawyer...and right from the outset.

I agree with what gitana1 says; from a pure "profiling" basis it's not a natural instinct for a bereaved parent who might end up also being a POI to think about getting a lawyer right off the bat; but at the same time, it's also the smart thing to do. So...here's my own personal prejudice. While I agree it can make a person 'look' guilty in the media, I personally tend not to jump to the 's/he must be guilty' conclusion when someone lawyers up promptly, if I also get the slightest impression they have a head on their shoulders. To do so breaks the mold, so to speak, but bright people often break the mold in more ways than one.

This video is WELL worth watching if you are the sort that thinks only guilty people need lawyers. The first speaker talks way too fast (law school professor/former criminal defense atty); the second guy (at about 27:24) is much easier to listen to (a Virginia Beach police officer)--but both share interesting insights, and both will tell you the exact same advice: do NOT speak to LE without representation. It's your 5th amendment right, and should be protected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

I bet Leanna thinks she has a great case for defamation. She probably does blame the media for "ruining" her life. I think she is hoping that Lin Wood will take the case for free, because all his other clients are individuals in high-profile cases defamed by the media ~just like her~.

It appears ridiculous to hope one has a slam-dunk defamation suit against any media outlet at this point when the true reason her good name has been besmirched is because she is Cooper Harris's mother who said: "Ross must have left him in the car" and "I don't know what to do" and " Did you say too much?" and "I love you, Ross. This is for you." and admittedly searched for how long it takes to die in a hot car death. I am over her.

If LH knew that June 18 was "the" day, she deserves the death penalty for not preventing and not stopping her child's suffering in that hot car death.

Curious...

LH has confessed to doing 'hot car' searches online. I wonder if LE have discovered this article to be one that she searched? It's the story of a woman with a doctorate who taught grad students at a Christian college who left her 11-month old little girl in the minivan all day, in 90-degree weather. The little girl died, the teacher got paid leave that fall semester to recover from the tragedy, and prosecutors declined to press charges. The article says that the Christian college and community surrounded her with love and support, and the article ends with the college president, Faust, saying these words:

"It's not possible to make sense of Jenna's death," Faust said, "but we know we live in a terribly broken world."

So eerily similar to what Leanna said at the memorial service--that she wouldn't bring Cooper back into this "broken world."

http://archive.cincinnati.com/article/20080822/NEWS0107/808220336/-Just-tragic-mistake-

"When you delete a file on your computer, it's still there," explained computer security expert Evans. "It just renames the sector to say this is just unused space right now. And then something else can write over top of it."

"People think 'Well, this is a cell phone. Once I delete a picture or text message or my contacts, it's gone'" said Evans. "No. Even when you hit 'reset' on your phone, that information is still stored on that hard drive.

Yeah "deleted" video on a camera was the nail in the coffin for a local murderer. He killed and dismembered his cute blond female neighbor and it looked like he may very well get away with it BUT as the trial approached 2 years later the prosecution found deleted video on his camera which showed he checked out the house on the night of the murder.

A computer "expert" should know better though, there is no safe way to delete files unless you swap out the hard drive or get rid of the device. It is so easy to buy cheap equipment these days I just don't understand why these idiots use their regular computers/phones to research or prepare for a murder and then keep the device and preserve the evidence!!!

Especially stupid in this case since he quickly volunteered there was evidence on his computer!

There are a few that say he took the case to get a movie deal. How would that even work?

Attorneys can't go blabbing about their clients or cases even after the trial is over. I don't see how he could possibly get a movie deal out of it or even WANT to even if the client agreed to it.

Yeah "deleted" video on a camera was the nail in the coffin for a local murderer. He killed and dismembered his cute blond female neighbor and it looked like he may very well get away with it BUT as the trial approached 2 years later the prosecution found deleted video on his camera which showed he checked out the house on the night of the murder.

A computer "expert" should know better though, there is no safe way to delete files unless you swap out the hard drive or get rid of the device. It is so easy to buy cheap equipment these days I just don't understand why these idiots use their regular computers/phones to research or prepare for a murder and then keep the device and preserve the evidence!!!

Especially stupid in this case since he quickly volunteered there was evidence on his computer!
At that point he probably volunteered the information hoping they would just believe him and let him go.

That question she asked, "did you tell them too much" I am still wondering could she have meant Did you give too many details?
Did you tell them you threatened me
and said you'd do it?
Did you tell them you'd done it before?

I don't know. At least she did admit their marriage wasn't all sunshine and butterflies.
I also feel like there is a reason she brought him into their bed. I know some women do that to keep the husband at bay.

All posts are MOO.

Re: Lawyering up... I've read two schools of thought in this thread--those who say the innocent don't need to, and those who say people should always get a lawyer.

I tend to think the folks in the first camp are a bit naive and believe that the prosecutors and police are "good guys that only convict guilty people".

Recently i read a book regarding the legal rights of gun owners in self defense cases, the author, a lawyer, very clearly explains that if the DA thinks they can win a case and have you convicted THEY WILL OFTEN DO IT, they don't care if you are really an innocent victim, their goal is to try cases that they think they can win.

The more wins they get the better their reputation is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje