LeAnna (Mom) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am anxious to see the timeline of communications b/n RH and LH, starting with the "alleged" 3:15 msg where RH claims he asked his wife if she was picking up his "buddy"

*IF* in fact "buddy" = Cooper. No one has confirmed that yet. We are all assuming that.

If he did txt her that at 3:15 and her immediate reaction to that (whatever time she allegedly saw that text) didn't involve her FRANTICALLY trying to reach him to say "WTH?!" by several different means, then it doesn't look good for her. I expect to find out she tried to call his cell phone -multiple times, his work phone- multiple times, his BOSS's phone or at least his coworkers. If I couldn't reach my hub at work and thought we had crossed wires on the location of our son, I would call the main work line and have him paged or have a receptionist physically walk over and check his desk.

I would expect a whole SERIES of various different attempt on her end to find out what the heck did he mean. If not, it will be very hard to explain why she did not and not look like it was all staged.

The male daycare employee (TJ) asked her to call Ross and find out what happened after she kept insisting that Ross left Cooper in the car and they were trying to console her and were totally confused as to why she was adamant that that was the only explanation. He tells her to call Ross and find out and she responds that Ross' phone was going "straight to voicemail".

That comment bugs me. He was using it at the scene, his friends texted him about being late to the movie and that came through. Why couldn't Leanna get through to him? Was he declining her calls sending them straight to VM? We know he connected to Toddler Room 5 from his phone at the scene. Did she try to text him? Did she call him more than once?

I know its small, but unless Ross was purposely declining her calls when they were coming in, I do not believe his phone was going straight to voicemail. Especially if she tried more than once. BS.

You're right, it doesn't make sense. Do we know the time this was taking place? Was it possible Ross had already been told to get off the phone and placed in the squad car?

It is actually black and white. Someone is arrested or they are not. Yes the police can be building a case but until they arrest her, She is just a victim for me.

Yes a sitter would be responsible if they killed the child in the car.. But I have no idea what you are trying to link that too. HE was the hands on parent that day. He did this.

I don't agree. Curiously I'm watching FBI files right now, and a suspect remained free, was never arrested once because it took a year to get DNA off her hairstrands and build a case against her. Just because she hasn't been arrested yet, doesn't mean she's a victim. You have killers walking around, like Johan van der Sloot did for a long while, who were never officially arrested yet no one would call them victims. I think you can consider someone a suspect, or think they've displayed suspicious behavour, but still not have enoug to charge them with.

And when it comes to this case, if she had prior knowledge that he was a neglectful parent (her statement "Ross must have left him in the car" as if he's done it before) then she carries some of the guilt.

If it comes down to being premeditated, and she knew, then she's just as guilty as he is, regardless of who was the hands on parent that day.

It is actually black and white. Someone is arrested or they are not. Yes the police can be building a case but until they arrest her, She is just a victim for me.

Yes a sitter would be responsible if they killed the child in the car.. But I have no idea what you are trying to link that too. HE was the hands on parent that day. He did this.

Just curious, do you feel this way about all scenarios or just this one? What about the scenario where the child dies at the hands of the abusive boyfriend while the mother knows of abuse or neglect and does nothing. Technically her hands are clean and she may not be arrested- is she still purely a victim with no culpability?

I do get what you're saying -as of right now proof is not public or available to tie her to any neglect via non-action, but I'm just throwing that out there.

Again there is no proof it was not safe. Not until we know his height and weight.

See, and I consider it 'not safe' because the straps were on the lowest setting made for infants. Not a 22 month toddler.

Of course your first instinct would be to call. What Leanna did was immediately place blame on Ross and Ross alone yet she didn't call him. Her words and actions aroused suspicion because they are suspicious words and actions.

JMO

Excited utterance? She was super quick to lay the blame

I have always believed it to be random. It would only make sense that they were there, looking at the scene, securing it, interviewing coworkers that may still be there. Retracing his steps from Chik-Fil-A.

What may or may not be random is LH showing up there and that being the place that she was notified of Cooper's death. Adamant that /Cooper had to be left in the car. She missed Ross' call from the scene shortly after Coop was "discovered" about 30 minutes before.

I'm not sure that it is entirely true about what she said about Ross' cell phone going directly to VM. He was using it, and his friends were able to send him a text regarding his no show at the movie at 5:30.

Now that I think about it, something is not right about LH claiming that RH's phone was going to VM. His friends could text him and get through, why couldn't she?

If he was on the phone, would the call go to voicemail?

If he was on the phone, would the call go to voicemail?

I have call waiting on my iPhone by default - if I'm on another call when a call comes in, it will ring 4 times Before rolling to VM. It will NOT roll directly to vm.

And keep in mind, we have not yet seen proof that what she claims is true. The daycare worker only heard her say that. He did not witness it or could hear for himself how many times it rang or if it even rang at all - he was only repeating the words she used.

I don't know about any of the rest of you, but I'm starting to doubt some of the things Det. Stoddard said at the PCH. He just volunteered so much information that wasn't asked for, and when people testify like that, I view them as an over-zealous witness. So, I'm anxious to see (if we ever get to see it) the video taped statement of LH asking RH if he said "too much" and what context it was said in, and if it really was the first thing she said to RH like Det. Stoddard said it was. I remember Stoddard testifying that LH went in, sat RH down and said, "Well, did you say too much?" That makes it sound like that was the first and only thing she said to RH during that whole conversation. Of course, that would make her sound guilty of being in on or knowing about RH planning to kill Cooper from the way Stoddard testified. Stoddard offered up only the information that would throw suspicion on both of them. The same about her statements at daycare, and Stoddard wasn't even there at daycare. He was testifying to hear say, wasn't he? Are you allowed to do that only if you're a detective? I think they should have called someone who was actually at the daycare and heard LH's statements first hand.

Another thing I'm confused about is who made the statement "I dreaded how he would look." I've heard it reported both ways (RH and LH), but it was never a "gotcha" moment for me no matter which one said it. In a certain context, I think it would not be a suspicious statement by either one of them. For instance, IF RH saw some part of Cooper's body when he looked to the right to change lanes, and that WAS when he realized Cooper had been in the car all day, I think it would be natural to dread how he would look because he would know darn well his baby was most likely dead. If LH said she the reason she didn't want to see Cooper when they asked her if she wanted to, it is totally understandable to say to RH "I didn't want to see him because I dreaded how he would look." Over-zealous witnesses can pick out part of a sentence and give it a whole new meaning. I want to see the video taped interview and hear from witnesses who were at the daycare before I would totally believe all that Stoddard said. JMO

IMO, we want to look at how the questions were posed as well -- prosecutor was not overly specific in questions and opened it up for Stoddard to give background and situational information to put the answer in context.

IMO... if an overzealous witness exists, LM's "organically rehearsed" testimony is an excellent example... imo

Respectfully snipped by me.

He did? I didn't see that at all.

It was a Probable Cause hearing, he had to testify to the charges to justify what evidence they had that led to the States charges to begin with.He was answering the Prosecutor's questions directly. The defense can and did object when they felt they needed too. The judge upheld the charges, and denied bail.

There is no such thing as an "over zealous" witness. Maybe an overzealous prosecutor, but not a witness. They are not in control of the situation. They are there to answer questions with testimony. Questions posed by the court. They don't just get to go up there and start lecturing and talking freestyle to the judge without parameters.

Respectfully, I don't think anything could be further from the truth :moo:

For real. It was a "probable cause" hearing. The whole existence of this type of hearing was to give the evidence for the Judge to decide if there is probable cause for RH to be charged.

Det Stoddard was under oath when he gave his testimony as to what he heard AND saw, ALL which is backed up by video and/or recordings. To think that he was over zealous or gave too much info just boggles my mind.

ETA: LOL at the over zealous witness, because the only over zealous witness I've seen to date involved in this case is "Mr. Organic"

The problem in a hearing like this is there is no real balance. Just why they are arresting him and their reasoning.

So we will see when the trial happens. And I think in this case there will be one.

IMO if I were a defense atty I wouldn't want to be pinned down to any particular defense this early in the proceedings -- to do so could backfire later. They can argue it's not enough evidence to be held over for further proceedings or not enough reason to be held without bail, but it's also an excellent time for the defense to get a peek at what they're dealing with (because not all clients are forthright and honest about everything either) -- in order to make it more balanced, the defense would need to put up more of an argument, and I just can't see wanting to show my hand before all the evidence is in.

IMO

All her photos prior to this show a huge grin and smiling eyes. Since Cooper died, she really hasn't displayed the same cheerful demeanor.

Cheerful, maybe not. But she DID report she was happy.

She said she was HAPPY about things Cooper would not have to experience.

HAPPY???!! WTH

I'm trying to maintain an open mind until trial...but if this is her devastated, nightmare face, I want to buy stock in what she's on.

Honestly, She looks altered to me. And not happy at all. She does not look like she is enjoying this. She almost looks broken.

All her photos prior to this show a huge grin and smiling eyes. Since Cooper died, she really hasn't displayed the same cheerful demeanor.

I think she's scared. Because she found out that Ross did "say too much"

She failed to protect her son and keep him safe. She failed to provide him with a suitable car seat, which is a violation of the law. She failed to adjust the straps so the child would be comfortable. I consider her to be a miserable failure as a mother and believe she should be charged criminally.

JMO

bbm
Thanks wasn't enough.

Honestly, She looks altered to me. And not happy at all. She does not look like she is enjoying this. She almost looks broken.

Whew! I really respect your opinion and value your perspective. But we seriously have a different interpretation of the term 'broken'. Maybe I'm just considering it in a different scope.

I mentioned earlier that I went to a funeral last week of a friend's father who unexpectedly committed suicide. She was drugged up - altered as you say - and she was broken. Complete mess, sometimes vacant, sometimes crying, the works.

LH looks scared and pissed at the same time to me. Scared for her own fate and pissed that the world is now hearing what she's known for some time about RH's cheating.

I have always believed it to be random. It would only make sense that they were there, looking at the scene, securing it, interviewing coworkers that may still be there. Retracing his steps from Chik-Fil-A.

What may or may not be random is LH showing up there and that being the place that she was notified of Cooper's death. Adamant that /Cooper had to be left in the car. She missed Ross' call from the scene shortly after Coop was "discovered" about 30 minutes before.

I'm not sure that it is entirely true about what she said about Ross' cell phone going directly to VM. He was using it, and his friends were able to send him a text regarding his no show at the movie at 5:30.

Now that I think about it, something is not right about LH claiming that RH's phone was going to VM. His friends could text him and get through, why couldn't she?
Texts go thru when sent doesn't matter if the phone is on or off.

You're right, it doesn't make sense. Do we know the time this was taking place? Was it possible Ross had already been told to get off the phone and placed in the squad car?

She went to the daycare at 4:51 and was notified right there that Cooper was never dropped off. So, I would imagine, if she did attempt to call it would be then.

We know Ross "discovers" Cooper in the restaurant parking lot at around 4:21, so that is about 30 minutes before LH arrives at daycare and 17 minutes after he and LH spoke on the phone for a little over a minute at 4:04, while he was still at Home Depot. He immediately begins making calls when the bystander, Anthony, starts CPR on Cooper. I outlined the times of all of those calls in another post. I'll go back and look and repost them here.

Note that she also doesn't seem to know that he was planning on being at at the movies as she asks to be brought to Ross at work. Did she know about his movie plans? Or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties