LeAnna (Mom) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. I get that, and yet when my mother died- I couldn't not go to see her because it was my only chance to say goodbye. She died suddenly and I wasn't there when she died. Although she looked extremely pale and her hand was cold to the touch in her casket- it was only open until the service started, I had to say goodbye. It wasn't just enough to be there for the funeral service.

I'm so sorry.
:frown::therethere:

The applause for RH during Cooper's funeral was not impromptu. A family friend approached Leanna onstage at the front of the church and asked those attending the service to give a round of applause to Ross @ 54 seconds

[video=youtu;LkClQKSAj4A]http://youtu.be/LkClQKSAj4A?t=54s[/video]

I do remember reading about that. Very strange imo. Who claps at a funeral...esp. when the dad is sitting in jail.

LinasK, I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Mother- thank you for sharing your experience and feelings. Indeed we are all different- my Dad passed away last month....his wife was with him just as he had wanted. She called me to ask if I wanted to come say goodbye, however I did not go. My Dad's soul and everything that made him who he was had passed on....we spent a lot of time together in the year prior to his death, and I much preferred to remember him alive and laughing, rather than saying goodbye to his physical body. As I said, each one of us has very personal feelings and reactions to a loved one's passing.....IMHO, JMO, MOO

I'm so sorry.
:frown::therethere:
Thank you both. It's coming up on 8 years of the anniversary of her death. In fact, I was reminded of it tonight because I'm taking a trip to the same place I did just within a couple of weeks of her death, so I'm again reminded of it. Tonight I looked at the postcard I sent her from there. I kicked myself for not going to visit her, because she died right after that. Had I had the foresight, I would have chosen to go see her, rather than the other side of the family.:grouphug:

The applause for RH during Cooper's funeral was not impromptu. A family friend approached Leanna onstage at the front of the church and asked those attending the service to give a round of applause to Ross @ 54 seconds

This link isn't working for me. Is it just me?

I was able to get to the video. The round of applause thing baffles me. "We wouldn't be gathered here together today if it weren't for Ross killing Cooper. Let's give Ross a round of applause for his negligence! And one more because there was no malicious intent!"

WTF.

I've been leaning to the LH involved side of the fence because of her words at the funeral and the "Did you say too much?" question to Ross.

I thought that perhaps RH had manipulated her into it over time by frequently bringing up how miserable they both were in school, while concurrent frequently bringing up how happy they were when they first got married. Then, at some point, bringing those two threads together by "thinking aloud" that if Cooper were to die, he would be in a better place, he wouldn't have to go through the torment in school they did, and the marriage would be happier.

But I woke up this morning realizing that if RH wanted Cooper out of his life, that there was no benefit in involving LH in the plan and great risk (she could easily mess things up by talking to someone about it either before or after the deed was done). If RH had wanted to be free of the marriage and child support, "accidentally" killing Cooper gets rid of the child and would give an understandable reason for the marriage to fail.

On the other hand, if LH wanted Cooper gone, maybe she manipulated RH into doing it either because she didn't want to do the deed herself, or because in case something went wrong, RH would be the one on the hook for it.

"Did you say too much?" isn't the same as "What did you say to him?" I was thinking there is no other way to explain her question to him. If Ross had an anger management issue (with authority figures) this question still wouldn't be explainable. JMO

I do remember reading about that. Very strange imo. Who claps at a funeral...esp. when the dad is sitting in jail.

In my many years on this planet and many funerals I've attended, I have yet to attend one that has included applause....for any reason. There have been jokes, tears, chuckles, tantrums, one time a kid threw up, another included a recruitment pitch for the church. But applause? Never.

JMO

In my many years on this planet and many funerals I've attended, I have yet to attend one that has included applause....for any reason. There have been jokes, tears, chuckles, tantrums, one time a kid threw up, another included a recruitment pitch for the church. But applause? Never.

JMO

Well, apparently this family is different. The applause, I'm sure, was in celebration of Cooper's life.

I suppose there is something strange about mourners applauding at the Pope's funeral as well.

Even stoics have reaction to pain and loss.IMO

Yeah. My reaction to deaths of those I have loved, including my animals probably isn't visible to people. When I am in gut-wrenching pain over those losses I really need to be alone, in my grief. It isn't because I am shy or embarrassed to weep, it really is just the need to embrace the pain and let it be, without fanfare. That doesn't mean that I think others should be that way. We all deal with it the way we need to. So, if Leanna's stoicism is just the way she reacts, so be it. BUT the funeral hullabaloo and all she had to say, and the I'm doing this for YOU ROSS, and on and on...........certainly indicates to me that she had her "losses" strangely misplaced. JMO

Well, apparently this family is different. The applause, I'm sure, was in celebration of Cooper's life.

I suppose there is something strange about mourners applauding at the Pope's funeral as well.
cbm
bbm
NOPE Someone asked for applause specifically for jh NOT baby Cooper.

Originally Posted by DeDee View Post
The applause for RH during Cooper's funeral was not impromptu. A family friend approached Leanna onstage at the front of the church and asked those attending the service to give a round of applause to Ross @ 54 secondsE

Link to actual funeral request posted above by DeDee^^^^ up thread..

apparently it was applause for Cooper's father, not Cooper. I didn't attend the Pope's funeral.

cbm
bbm
NOPE Someone asked for applause specifically for jh NOT baby Cooper.

Originally Posted by DeDee View Post

Link to actual funeral request posted above by DeDee^^^^ up thread..
This 'funeral' was more about circling the wagons around JRH than it was about celebrating Cooper's life. I wonder how many of those in attendance clapped when they found out JRH was busy sexting underage girls while his son died an agonizing tortuous death. This reminds of Caylee Anthony's funeral, which was just a facade put on by her grandparents to drum up sympathy for her jailed mother. :gaah:

I will never understand why people think their reaction, or something that closely approximates their reaction, is correct.

I don't believe it is a matter of correctness. I think all any of us can go on is our own emotions based on our own experiences. I'm having a difficult time understanding Leanna's seeming lack of reaction when she learned the news her son was dead. It is baffling to me.

JMO

I don't believe it is a matter of correctness. I think all any of us can go on is our own emotions based on our own experiences. I'm having a difficult time understanding Leanna's seeming lack of reaction when she learned the news her son was dead. It is baffling to me.

JMO

I think she was prepared to hear it because she knew it. JMO

I think she was prepared to hear it because she knew it. JMO

I suspect she knew it, as well, but if she knew it because she was complicit, I don't understand why she didn't try to do some acting (feigning surprise, shock, grief) so as to not draw attention to herself.

I suspect she knew it, as well, but if she knew it because she was complicit, I don't understand why she didn't try to do some acting (feigning surprise, shock, grief) so as to not draw attention to herself.

That would draw attention,but I see what you mean. She wanted to be cool as a cucumber so she wouldn't misspeak, but she actually weirded LE out almost more than RH did!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr