LeAnna (Mom) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was that comment RH made to her about how Cooper looked peaceful when he died and how he was dreading how he'd look. I just got a chill, it came across like a "see? I told you it wouldn't be so bad" follow up to something they'd discussed. Just surmising, of course, but it struck me as something he would say if they'd planned to kill Cooper and maybe she raised some objections about the method being too slow, painful and cruel and he'd had to do some quick talking to convince her it wouldn't be so bad.

Sorry to serial post. Is it confirmed JRH and LH talked on the phone for a minute just after 4? Wonder what was said.

At first they were playing phone tag, then he was able to talk to her for about a minute, and yes, it was just a little after 4. I, too, wonder what was said.

I posted in another thread maybe she didn't believe him when he called and told her coop was left in car so that's why she blurted out the comment at day care. It's a stretch though. I would expect panic and despair to be her response. I am very torn. I just don't understand how she could go along with this. P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC, she hadn't been told by Ross or anyone else that Cooper had died at the time she made the statement - which is why it seemed so odd.

It is my understanding from watching the probable cause hearing, (I watched that part twice) that Ross did NOT reach Leanna by telephone. There were three phone calls from his phone before they took it away. IIRC: 1. To Leanna that didn't go through 2. To Home Depot Corporate that didn't go through 3. The 6 minute call to Little Aprons Daycare. I will try to go back and verify those calls, it's near the beginning of the hearing, but I'm confident that he never spoke to Leanna before their recorded and observed reunion at the police station, and that she should have had no way of knowing what had happened to Cooper when she arrived at the daycare to pick him up. Which is why is so suspicious that she jumped to the conclusion and said "Ross must have left him in the car."

So, does anyone know how her parents are dealing with this? Are they visibly supporting her? Him?

All we know about that is what we heard about LH phone call with her mother in which her mother questioned why she was so nonchalant seeming and why she was not crying or upset and to which LH said "I must be in shock"

I can only assume they are but the family has been (wisely IMO) quiet and stayed out of the press thus far.

What is with this woman? I hope the police figure out if she’s just crazy or if she helped participate in or at least accepted the plan to kill her son – because right now I certainly can’t tell.

Beyond her strange statements to her husband (and wanting to see him and not her son at the time of the “accident”) and the somewhat but possibly very bizarre behavior when she went to the daycare, I find her statements at the funeral to be totally off the mark for someone who just lost a beloved child due to a horrible accident.

She said, "I miss him with all of my heart. Would I bring him back? No. To bring him back into this broken world would be selfish” and moments later “Ross is and was and will be, if we have more children, a wonderful father. Ross is a wonderful daddy and leader for our children….”

They don’t have children, and according to her during the same statement children are better off dead than enduring this “broken” world.

Cooper had just been ripped from their lives by what they say was a terrible accident – does she wish the accident never happened? Nope. Would she want her son to have his life back? Nope. She even lists the normal traumas of growing up as things he’s lucky to miss, failing to compare those to death by extreme heat while being buckled in place. Yes, slowly having your systems shut down while being tightly restrained and in great duress due to being cooked alive is certainly preferable to deciding which lunch table at which to sit in middle school. And then, she goes on moments later to laud the father and how great he’ll be if they have more children.

It’s very bizarre. I understand accepting what happened and even saying it must be part of God’s plan. But I don’t understand saying she wouldn’t have him back (but she wouldn’t apparently mind having new, different children) because the world is so “broken” (hey God, thanks for helping us out, but the world you made isn’t fit – by my judgment – for children and they are better off dead, unless I decide to have more).

Neither parent, from what I saw, made any statements about Cooper’s loss – what he would miss – or even the loss they have of joyful moments with him and for him in the future.

She made sure to let RH know she was doing it “for him” whatever it was she was doing.

She seems be making conflicting statements – a willingness to have more children (and I think a desire to) while writing off her dead son as better off gone and better off not having to live in this world.

To me, if she’s involved, I think that indicates she wasn’t the leader. She makes many statements acknowledging RH as the leader and wants him to know she’s “doing it” for him. Wanted to see him and not her son. Worried he’d “said too much.” RH’s frequent statements of authority that others should accept him as a leader (I’m an official, I worked in LE, I work at a Fortune 50 company, etc.). Her justification for Cooper being better off dead being so completely at odds with declaring she might have more children, I wonder if that’s an idea she got from RH (broken world, etc.) or one she came up with to accept RH’s plan to get rid of Cooper.

I can’t figure these two out. I get why RH might decide in a twisted evil way to spare Cooper the burden of life thereby freeing his own, but I can’t get why he’d bring LH in on the plan unless she was completely submissive (so much so, he could trust her with knowing he planned to murder their son, even if it was couched as sparing him the burden of growing up). Could she be that submissive? If hearing her husband was sending and receiving lewd messages and pictures with random women while their son cooked to death doesn’t shake her faith in him, than I suppose she might be the kind of person who would accept his “leadership” decision of any sort.

She’s so off the rails I can’t tell whether her train ran to Crazyville or Conspiracy Juntion or made stops at both.

It is my understanding from watching the probable cause hearing, (I watched that part twice) that Ross did NOT reach Leanna by telephone. There were three phone calls from his phone before they took it away. IIRC: 1. To Leanna that didn't go through 2. To Home Depot Corporate that didn't go through 3. The 6 minute call to Little Aprons Daycare. I will try to go back and verify those calls, it's near the beginning of the hearing, but I'm confident that he never spoke to Leanna before their recorded and observed reunion at the police station, and that she should have had no way of knowing what had happened to Cooper when she arrived at the daycare to pick him up. Which is why is so suspicious that she jumped to the conclusion and said "Ross must have left him in the car."

I think you are right about the phone calls, JRH may not have talked to LH. From my understanding LH went to the day care and found out that Cooper wasn't there that day and that was when LH said "Oh, he must have left him in the car". Then one of the staff, can't remember his name, went with LH to the Tree House to see what was up IIRC. :blushing:

totally off topic but LH physically resembles my former SIL. Greatly. It has thrown me a bit since this case began.

Trying very hard to keep my opinions on LH separate from those on ex SIL. and not let that color my perception of LH

My gut feeling is that she knew something. I'm torn on how much though.

Kind of like she's saying 'oh, was today the day?' . They'd been talking abt it, and apparently today was the day that this 'planned accident was to take place'. jmo
hope that makes sense...

What if RH has been threatening to leave Cooper in the car as a way to control LH?

What if she went to the daycare and finding him not there essentially said, "Oh my God. Ross actually did it. He must have left him in the car."

It could explain a lot if it was an ongoing threat.

(I posted this in another thread but I think it's more appropriate here)

I've tried to give her the benefit of the doubt but have had a weird feeling ever since LE made the statement that they had been in contact with the mother but they wouldn't say another word more -- there was no immediate assurance she wasn't involved or didn't have knowledge, for instance. Put that in context with the "shocked my conscience" statement, it's interesting to me because I don't believe that anything about that public statement was improvised or off-the-cuff. They deliberately did not discuss LH except to say they'd been in contact with her; they deliberately made a statement to let the public know this is not an accident. I think they were trying to let the public know that the parents were not deserving benefactors of sympathies and donated funds. IMO

As far as LH involvement, I'm feeling two theories.

One bounces off Linda7NJ's suggestion that LH wanted to be rid of them both. Why? Who knows, too early to tell for sure. She seems "quietly smarter" than RH, IMO. It would be really convenient for her as she was not the one who drove CH to daycare regularly -- her hands would be clean. Perhaps RH was more of an analytical thinker and she knew it; she mentioned the "Turn Around" campaign to him in some fashion that would prompt him to look up all the logistics. She repeatedly dropped hints, innuendos until it became "his idea" -- again, lacking the motive & relationship intricacies here -- but possible. RH would get busted and she would walk away with no debt, a little bit of extra cash, and the freedom to start completely over.

On the other hand, if he's the narcissist many of us have determined him to be, he could have done the same. "If only this... if only that... our marriage would be much stronger... and I wouldn't cheat on you." Blah blah etc.... on and on and dropping hints until it became "her idea." No way would he mention it to her -- rather he'd keep talking about it and talking about it in seemingly innocuous ways until she started to wrap her mind around it and approached him with it. This could have been developing over a very long period of time. And she is thinking of his butt and covering it and not much else.

If she's innocent? Well, the only explanation I can think of is that her "Did you say too much?" might be in his best interest -- perhaps she was wondering if he talked about the prior affair and if that gave LE "the wrong idea" or any other number of things. And the immediate comment about "he must have left him in the car" to me means only one thing -- that RH has done it before, she's preached to him about it before, she told him about child car deaths and made him look it up to "get it" and quit doing it... and now he's gone and done it. If she's innocent.

I'm still catching up on posts but I find it interesting there is a small group out there still supporting RH, "He would never... he loved his son...." etc.... Has anyone heard public comments made about LH as a person, as a mother? Besides what the pastor said about her "strength" at the funeral, that is. Anyone?

Trying to figure out the logic of this is impossible because people who are a quart short do not think logically. Their thought processes are so skewed.

Whatever LH was thinking makes total sense to her, but it will be bizarre if we ever find out.

I am willing to bet it has everything to do with holding onto this gem of a husband.

IMO, she was involved. Otherwise her first action would have been to get to her son. There was no threat, no coercion, no arm twisting. I believe if LH was forced to go along, she would have been screaming when she heard the news and she would have wanted to see Cooper.

To me, the only explanation for her not wanting to see Cooper, is that she had already distanced herself from him, poor baby. In my mind, LH had already said her goodbyes. :(

Salem
Said as a member and not a moderator, so please feel free to disagree.

To me, the only explanation for her not wanting to see Cooper, is that she had already distanced herself from him, poor baby. In my mind, LH had already said her goodbyes. :(

Salem
Said as a member and not a moderator, so please feel free to disagree.

Snipped by me

I agree wholeheartedly. There's no rational reason for LH to have acted this way - she distanced herself from Cooper...unless distancing was precisely what she was going for.

I can overlook almost anything done in the throes of grief. IMO, these parents weren't grieving for anything except for the plan going so wrong. JMO

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

LH: did you say too much?

LH: Am I angry with Ross? Absolutely not. It has never crossed my mind. Ross is and was and will be, if we have more children, a wonderful father. Ross is a wonderful daddy and leader for our household. Cooper meant the world to him.

The problem with me is she is not angry with her husband. Even the 'accident' of forgetting her son, should provoke anger. I probably would have taken a baseball bat to my DH, because in my world, our son comes first before all others. Many parents don't feel that way == I do. And I most certainly couldn't sit at a PC hearing for hours without any emotion. I'd want my baby, I'd ache for him. LH, eh - not so much.

Then there's this statement from the funeral: First of all Ross, I love you and I’m doing this for you, OK? DOING WHAT? Did Ross not want Cooper anymore, and she allowed him to kill Cooper? I'm merely speculating. Was this so he could have all the underage sexting he wanted? All the affairs he wanted, and she would merely become his subservient?

Then there's this:

LH: Junior high and senior high — they weren’t the happiest times (for me),” she said, listing heartbreaks her son would be spared. “He won’t have to suffer through the death of his (grandparents). He won’t have to suffer through the death of me and Ross.”

I'm 51 years old, and my father is still around. So she wants to spare a 22 month old child all this grief (which as far as I know, most of us survive through).

Listen up lady, I hope you're around when Ross succumbs, and when your parents die. Because for you to say such awful words on the behalf of a 22 MO is sickening - just sickening. Why did Cooper's funeral have to be all about her and Ross?

On that note, here is an interesting article on mom: http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/focus-shifts-to-mother-of-cobb-toddler-as-investig/ngZCF/

Just my opinion.

Mel

Trying to figure out the logic of this is impossible because people who are a quart short do not think logically. Their thought processes are so skewed.

Whatever LH was thinking makes total sense to her, but it will be bizarre if we ever find out.

I am willing to bet it has everything to do with holding onto this gem of a husband.

Could be their marriage wasn't so great before she got pregnant, and thought it would be awesome IF they could just have a baby. Marriage did not improve, probably was going downhill further....now it was Cooper's fault.

I wonder if maybe the daycare knew, because RH had reached them, and just didn't know what on earth to say. Maybe they just tried to calm her down and take her to the treehouse to meet with police and let them tell her?

I can see, as Cooper's teacher, getting that call, and then having the mom come in, and not knowing what at all to do.

This is what I think. I believe they did have the discussion/plan/thought of doing this, but she didn't want to know the day it was to actually happen. Perhaps even kinda forgot the conversation thinking he wouldn't do it. When she heard Cooper died she knew right away and she spoke her thoughts out loud not thinking.

Edit. meant to quote Quiet Times post

What is with this woman? I hope the police figure out if she’s just crazy or if she helped participate in or at least accepted the plan to kill her son – because right now I certainly can’t tell.

Beyond her strange statements to her husband (and wanting to see him and not her son at the time of the “accident”) and the somewhat but possibly very bizarre behavior when she went to the daycare, I find her statements at the funeral to be totally off the mark for someone who just lost a beloved child due to a horrible accident.

She said, "I miss him with all of my heart. Would I bring him back? No. To bring him back into this broken world would be selfish” and moments later “Ross is and was and will be, if we have more children, a wonderful father. Ross is a wonderful daddy and leader for our children….”

They don’t have children, and according to her during the same statement children are better off dead than enduring this “broken” world.

Cooper had just been ripped from their lives by what they say was a terrible accident – does she wish the accident never happened? Nope. Would she want her son to have his life back? Nope. She even lists the normal traumas of growing up as things he’s lucky to miss, failing to compare those to death by extreme heat while being buckled in place. Yes, slowly having your systems shut down while being tightly restrained and in great duress due to being cooked alive is certainly preferable to deciding which lunch table at which to sit in middle school. And then, she goes on moments later to laud the father and how great he’ll be if they have more children.

It’s very bizarre. I understand accepting what happened and even saying it must be part of God’s plan. But I don’t understand saying she wouldn’t have him back (but she wouldn’t apparently mind having new, different children) because the world is so “broken” (hey God, thanks for helping us out, but the world you made isn’t fit – by my judgment – for children and they are better off dead, unless I decide to have more).

Neither parent, from what I saw, made any statements about Cooper’s loss – what he would miss – or even the loss they have of joyful moments with him and for him in the future.

She made sure to let RH know she was doing it “for him” whatever it was she was doing.

She seems be making conflicting statements – a willingness to have more children (and I think a desire to) while writing off her dead son as better off gone and better off not having to live in this world.

To me, if she’s involved, I think that indicates she wasn’t the leader. She makes many statements acknowledging RH as the leader and wants him to know she’s “doing it” for him. Wanted to see him and not her son. Worried he’d “said too much.” RH’s frequent statements of authority that others should accept him as a leader (I’m an official, I worked in LE, I work at a Fortune 50 company, etc.). Her justification for Cooper being better off dead being so completely at odds with declaring she might have more children, I wonder if that’s an idea she got from RH (broken world, etc.) or one she came up with to accept RH’s plan to get rid of Cooper.

I can’t figure these two out. I get why RH might decide in a twisted evil way to spare Cooper the burden of life thereby freeing his own, but I can’t get why he’d bring LH in on the plan unless she was completely submissive (so much so, he could trust her with knowing he planned to murder their son, even if it was couched as sparing him the burden of growing up). Could she be that submissive? If hearing her husband was sending and receiving lewd messages and pictures with random women while their son cooked to death doesn’t shake her faith in him, than I suppose she might be the kind of person who would accept his “leadership” decision of any sort.

She’s so off the rails I can’t tell whether her train ran to Crazyville or Conspiracy Juntion or made stops at both.

excellent post. I was on the fence about LH and even RH to be honest.....didn't want to believe it. But your post just makes so much sense...I think you have hit the nail on the head.:clap:

anyone have info concerning tipline - just in case?

also- I wonder when Cooper's last dr's appt was? Was he hitting milestones?

anyone have info concerning tipline - just in case?

also- I wonder when Cooper's last dr's appt was? Was he hitting milestones?
To my knowledge there is no designated tip line.
I haven't read where they are asking for help from the community, but I could have missed it.

LH: did you say too much?

LH: Am I angry with Ross? Absolutely not. It has never crossed my mind. Ross is and was and will be, if we have more children, a wonderful father. Ross is a wonderful daddy and leader for our household. Cooper meant the world to him.

The problem with me is she is not angry with her husband. Even the 'accident' of forgetting her son, should provoke anger. I probably would have taken a baseball bat to my DH, because in my world, our son comes first before all others. Many parents don't feel that way == I do. And I most certainly couldn't sit at a PC hearing for hours without any emotion. I'd want my baby, I'd ache for him. LH, eh - not so much.

Then there's this statement from the funeral: First of all Ross, I love you and I’m doing this for you, OK? DOING WHAT? Did Ross not want Cooper anymore, and she allowed him to kill Cooper? I'm merely speculating. Was this so he could have all the underage sexting he wanted? All the affairs he wanted, and she would merely become his subservient?

Then there's this:

LH: Junior high and senior high — they weren’t the happiest times (for me),” she said, listing heartbreaks her son would be spared. “He won’t have to suffer through the death of his (grandparents). He won’t have to suffer through the death of me and Ross.”

I'm 51 years old, and my father is still around. So she wants to spare a 22 month old child all this grief (which as far as I know, most of us survive through).

Listen up lady, I hope you're around when Ross succumbs, and when your parents die. Because for you to say such awful words on the behalf of a 22 MO is sickening - just sickening. Why did Cooper's funeral have to be all about her and Ross?

On that note, here is an interesting article on mom: http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/focus-shifts-to-mother-of-cobb-toddler-as-investig/ngZCF/

Just my opinion.

Mel

Yup, when I read the part where she said she isn't angry with Ross, I was floored!!!! Like you I would be angry even if it was a accident. How can you forget you have a child in the car taking them to day care then forgetting about it? Doesn't make any sense to me, especially when day care was only a few, if that, minutes away????? And what about his sexting to other women, especially YOUNG TEENS, she isn't angry about that either?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98