LeAnna (Mom) #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"@MPetchenikWSB: Source tells me Leanna Harris will meet with #Atlanta atty L. Lin Wood to discuss defamation case vs. "tabloid" media. #HotCarDeath. #wsbtv."

I sure do hope WS, FB and MSM is not considered tabloid media. There has been some crazy stuff posted here, FB, and other comment sections of stories.

Neither were parents of a missing or dead child. I know what you're saying and I agree technically. But my point is that innocent, grieving parents do not lawyer up.

She may hope that but her attorneys know better. This is far from the Jewel case.

Yes they do and they should. Especially these days when Every child that dies people assume it is the parents first. She was not even there that day but still there is the inference that they are coming after her. We know she did not leave him in the car.
So she is innocent of killing the child. That is clear. Are there other charges coming? I don't know. But thinking someone is guilty of something and proving it is something else.

Did you watch the preliminary hearing? She would have been a fool not to lawyer up after that guilty or not.

I sorta gotta admit that if I were innocent and listened to what the cops were throwing out there in court the way they were, I know I'd be crapping my pants.

Especially hearing how they viewed the taped phone call with the mother. That part of the conversation
(IMO) had *nothing* to do with RH, so for them to use it the way they did surely seemed like a tactical move to me - like, let's see which way she zags if we zig this way...

Yes they do and they should. Especially these days when Every child that dies people assume it is the parents first. She was not even there that day but still there is the inference that they are coming after her. We know she did not leave him in the car.
So she is innocent of killing the child. That is clear. Are there other charges coming? I don't know. But thinking someone is guilty of something and proving it is something else.

Law enforcement needs to rule out parents first because statistically ...it usually IS someone within the child's limited circle.

Any innocent parent would not hamper law enforcement efforts to be eliminated. Normal & innocent parents are cooperative. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sorta gotta admit that if I were innocent and listened to what the cops were throwing out there in court the way they were, I know I'd be crapping my pants.

Especially hearing how they viewed the taped phone call with the mother. That part of the conversation
(IMO) had *nothing* to do with RH, so for them to use it the way they did surely seemed like a tactical move to me - like, let's see which way she zags if we zig this way...
Yes, they put her on notice imo.

A person that conspires to commit murder is equally guilty of the crime.

For example, hiring a hit man doesn't mean your innocent of murder;)

I sure do hope WS, FB and MSM is not considered tabloid media. There has been some crazy stuff posted here, FB, and other comment sections of stories.

That's why stating "in my opinion" is so legally important.

Opinions are protected speech.

Did you watch the preliminary hearing? She would have been a fool not to lawyer up after that guilty or not.

If I were in LH's shoes I would secure an attorney for sure - for sure if not guilty to get sound legal advice on my rights, what I should/should not do or say, and any legal steps to take.... esp related to financial matters. The difference for me is..... the lawyer I secured would be told to keep his mouth shut and keep the matters confidential.

On the other hand, if I was guilty of any part of the matter - darn tootin I would get an attorney. But it would not be on trying to shoot off media. Just my opinion.

I knew LW back in Macon about 40 years ago.... before he was big league. He has made the headlines with high profile cases.

A person that conspires to commit murder is equally guilty of the crime.

For example, hiring a hit man doesn't mean your innocent of murder;)

Yeah just ask Dahlia Dippolito how well that worked out!

YOWSERS She really is in a pickle. She desperately wants to support him whether she is "innocent" or not. If NOT, and she rolls on him, he will roll on her. He isn't the least bit protective of her, so I wouldn't put it past him to rat her out even if she (unlikely) IS innocent. She really should keep her distance and not talk to anyone but her attorney. Not even her mother. JMO

Law enforcement needs to rule out parents first because statistically ...it usually IS someone within the child's limited circle.

Any innocent parent would not hamper law enforcement efforts to be eliminated. Normal & innocent parents are cooperative. IMO

There have been too many cases where the police went after people without cause. Even made evidence up. So yes every one who is under suspicion should have an atty. Everyone.

I agree. But, IMO and in my experience, innocent, grieving parents do not lawyer up. At least not that fast. They may hire counsel after months if it appears LE is not doing their job, etc. After the initial shock has evaporated a bit.

It is not clear that she is innocent of killing the child. You don;t have to "pull the trigger" to be deemed a murderer.

I don;t know what she's guilty of, if anything. IMO, something's wrong. Something stinks. Badly. But there isn't close to enough info to find her guilty of anything other than caring for her husband much more than her child.

But I look at the totality of the circumstances when judging a person or situation. Lawyering up in the manner she has is further indication that something is wrong, at least for me.

You state innocent, grieving parents do lawyer up. Name me some. Please name innocent, grieving parents of a dead or murdered child who lawyered up less than a month after their child went missing or died, if they weren't arrested. There may be one, but I can't think of any. And I;m not talking about what is practical to do, or intelligent. I;m looking at what is the typical, normal, usual behavior of innocent, grieving parents in such a situation. As an attorney and a websleuther, I have a definite opinion as to such behavior and it would take more than one case of innocent, grieving parents lawyering up less than a month after tragedy struck, before I could change my mind about what such behavior can tell us about a person.

I;m sorry, I know there are exceptions to things. Defense attorneys are great at playing the exceptions to the rule game. But each of us utilize our common sense and life experience when judging people and situations on a daily basis. It's how we know whether to hire a particular person or not. Or whether to let our child spend the night at someone's home. Or whether we should date a person. Or marry them. Or trust them with our life.

It's how we stay safe.

Does LH hiring a lawyer and threatening lawsuits when she is facing the worst tragedy imaginable, proof of her guilt? Certainly not on its own. Not by far. But it's enough for me to use my reason and common sense. It's enough for me to determine that she stinks to high heaven. Something is wrong here. IMO.

No Oscar for that one;)
What a piece of work she was!!!

And still free, BTW.

Thanks for this. I did not know that anything said here is ok under the law.

We do have to watch what we say and there are certain things off limits. If you have any worries or concerns just Alert the post or pm a mod. They will tell you where the line is! :)

Carl Dorr literally confessed to killing his daughter under pressure from the police. (He didn't do it). I tend to look at the big picture if how people are behaving. If your WHOLE focus seems to be on evading the police then I admittedly view it as suspicious.

The statement is very odd.

I agree. But, IMO and in my experience, innocent, grieving parents do not lawyer up. At least not that fast. They may hire counsel after months if it appears LE is not doing their job, etc. After the initial shock has evaporated a bit.

LOL, I'm confused :confused:. Let's say she is innocent. After that hearing, do you think she should lawyer up or not?

It is not clear that she is innocent of killing the child. You don;t have to "pull the trigger" to be deemed a murderer.

I don;t know what she's guilty of, if anything. IMO, something's wrong. Something stinks. Badly. But there isn't close to enough info to find her guilty of anything other than caring for her husband much more than her child.

But I look at the totality of the circumstances when judging a person or situation. Lawyering up in the manner she has is further indication that something is wrong, at least for me.

You state innocent, grieving parents do lawyer up. Name me some. Please name innocent, grieving parents of a dead or murdered child who lawyered up less than a month after their child went missing or died, if they weren't arrested.

The only one I can think of is Jessica Lunsford- but I may be wrong. I thought police went after him like hound dogs.

I wouldn't and neither did Marc Klass nor John Walsh, both of whom have had their children kidnapped and murdered by strangers. Both of them were innocent. It looks very GUILTY to lawyer up when you have no good reason to do so.
I don't disagree. I agree, it does look suspect on one hand. On the other hand, my personal experiences lead me to have little trust and faith in police and their tactics at times in some cases. But....to be truthful I don't really know what i would do. I haven't been in this particular situation...I don't really know what I would do. I highly doubt it would be on my list of must-do's....especially as an innocent person.

"Did you say too much"...............to me that is such an incriminating statement about BOTH of them. How could he possibly say too much and how could she possibly think for a second that there was too much to say(in an innocent scenario) about the tragedy that befell their son ? There may be an explanation for "Ross must've left him in the car" we don't know yet and maybe a jury would accept an explanation....but I can't imagine the same for the say too much statement. JMO

LOL, I'm confused :confused:. Let's say she is innocent. After that hearing, do you think she should lawyer up or not?

I would advise her to lawyer up. I do not think, however, that were she innocent, she would really need to at this stage, because if that's all they have, nothing could come of it. Nevertheless, it is clear she is being looked at as a POI, so my legal advice would be to hire an attorney. Just in case.

That's not what I;m talking about though. What I am talking about is the behavior of grieving, innocent parents. Hiring counsel a month after one's child died is not the behavior of grieving, innocent parents who haven't been arrested. Ask Marc Klaas or John Walsh if you don't believe me. It may be the smart thing to do. It may be practical.

But it's not normal.

And observing human behavior is part of how profiling is done, it;s part of how LE and attorneys gauge a case and it's part of how the general public judge a person and determine that something stinks. IMO. And I;m determining that something stinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230