LeAnna (Mom) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah....not saying that she is not intelligent, but I doubt that any of us would want her near our bedsides if we were deathly ill. Sheesh. JMO

Her intelligence has never been the issue. She knew her son was riding in an improper child restraint seat and yet she did nothing about it. She didn't adjust the straps. She could have purchased an appropriate seat for Ross' car. She didn't do that, either.

JMO

It always amazes me how some people believe that leaking something to the media is a way to help themselves. All it does is provide more fodder for negative speculation about Leanna.

Time for her to snap out of her denial and acknowledge that the guy she married is an utter loser in ever aspect possible and she failed at protecting her child from him.

JMO

She needs a PR team.
A PR team did wonders for Amanda Knox. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So wouldn't this be a conflict of interest then, since she's still employed by DaVita???:waitasec:

Do we know she's sill employed by DaVita? And is it conflict of interest provided the employer would have nothing to do with a personal defamation suit ?

Just asking, i don't know how the law works in that regard

I know! No offense to anyone, but it is grueling, from what I have heard...
A renal dietitian at that, other than dislysis, diet is the other biggie with kidney disease/failure.
A friend of mine just did a live donation yesterday, and her brother also received a kidney.
She isn't even allowed to have Coca cola.
I know kidney patients have to limit protien, but I don't know much else.
She also graduated with almost 4.0 I think.
Add in some righteous indignation and she may be a force to be reckoned with.
My sister specializes in Diabetes Education. She's been in a hospital setting for years.

It takes brains to be a Dietician, have to study Food Chemistry, Organic Chemistry. My sister is one.

Even very intelligent successful women can be victims of domestic abuse & manipulation.

I'm not saying I believe her to be RH's obedient lap dog, because I certainly do not.
I feel should could very well be the orchestrator.

All IMO

It's amazing how the complaint against the media is about discussing evidence that was presented in court regarding LH but the information concerning her suing should have been strictly a confidential matter and not released to the public. So who released this information, if it is true and not MSM speculation? jmo

BBM -- my hinky meter is dinging a bit. Makes me wonder if someone wants Kilgore to catch wind of this "leak" and get his client to spill ... ?

She needs a PR team.
A PR team did wonders for Amanda Knox. IMO

Here in America, but the country in which the crime was committed still considers her a villain - whose fate has still yet to be determined. JMO

Yeah....not saying that she is not intelligent, but I doubt that any of us would want her near our bedsides if we were deathly ill. Sheesh. JMO

You have a good point there...

I'm a bit confused (well maybe more than a bit) I do know that she can be forced to testify in her husbands case, and would likely NOT testify in her own (possible)case, but if she took the fifth in HIS case it would be as good as admitting guilt, because she would be associating herself with HIS crime. But if she fully testified she would probably be impeached because they would already have so much on her. She is in a very precarious position whether she is charged or not. I'd be hiding too.....and VERY scared. JMO

So wouldn't this be a conflict of interest then, since she's still employed by DaVita???:waitasec:

It's doubtful the representation in DaVita and LH would be a conflict of interest. These two cases would not be directly adverse. That would be the most obvious conflict. One is civil in nature, the other criminal, possibly civil (defamation suit). However, the civil cases would be unrelated and it is unlikely the facts of one case would be brought into the other. And, if there was any question of a conflict they could easily have the conflict waived. All MOO.

Here is the ABA Model Rule on conflicts with concurrent clients. Georgia follows the model rules pretty closely.

http://www.americanbar.org/groups/p...1_7_conflict_of_interest_current_clients.html

What specific stories written about Leanna could have a case for defamation? You have to show examples. The Ramseys sued a few tabloids (NY Post and Globe, I think) for an article saying Burke killed JonBenet. Name one story or report published by a media outlet where she could have a case for defamation, libel, or slander. Her hiring of Lin Wood tells me they will sue (one of the worst things she could do right now-- PR wise) but what is her case?

Here in America, but the country in which the crime was committed still considers her a villain - whose fate has still yet to be determined. JMO

It's been determined, it's just being appealed...

Still, you must admit a good PR team can convince Americans of just about anything. IMO

Even very intelligent successful women can be victims of domestic abuse & manipulation.

I'm not saying I believe her to be RH's obedient lap dog, because I certainly do not.
I feel should could very well be the orchestrator.

All IMO

It's going to be very difficult if not impossible for her to play the domestic violence card at this point. Her husband is charged and sitting in jail. She's with her family so she isn't being isolated now. I agree she may have been the orchestrator. Her comment to Ross, "Did you say too much" is a very controlling comment.

JMO

What specific stories written about Leanna could have a case for defamation? You have to show examples. The Ramseys sued a few tabloids (NY Post and Globe, I think) for an article saying Burke killed JonBenet. Name one story or report published by a media outlet where she could have a case for defamation, libel, or slander. Her hiring of Lin Wood tells me they will sue (one of the worst things she could do right now-- PR wise) but what is her case?
I'd like to know who she is going to sue. Lin Wood has come after Tricia before in the Ramsey case.

I'm almost positive that a defamation suit is a civil matter. In that case a defendant must testify. I would think that the PLAINTIFF must testify as well, or why bring the suit??? I think that was leaked to scare media, because she would just be digging herself in worse than she already is. I don't think they will follow through with it.

If you look at Wood's clients post-Jewell, they all seem to have the money to afford his services. How she is paying for him?

I bet she is hoping a media outlet will settle out of court, and she can use the money to pay for Ross's defense.

I'm almost positive that a defamation suit is a civil matter. In that case a defendant must testify. I would think that the PLAINTIFF must testify as well, or why bring the suit??? I think that was leaked to scare media, because she would just be digging herself in worse than she already is. I don't think they will follow through with it.
I agree that it was likely leaked to try and get the media to back off.

You're right, defamation is a civil matter. However, no one is required to testify unless they are subpoenaed. Sure, the plaintiff generally does testify, but not always. Defendants are not required to testify either. In most states, the plaintiff is allowed to call the defendant to the stand for testimony. That is one big difference in civil and criminal cases. That is the rule in Georgia. I've had defendants get pretty upset with me when I've called them to the stand because they assume they cannot be called without their permission. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8