LeAnna (Mom) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were innocent and my intention in hiring an attorney was to have a professional advise me and help me through a legal minefield and media storm, I'd be dismissing my attorney and hiring another one right about now. There was need to announce that statement ahead of time for one thing, all that did was chum the water and get the sharks circling wondering what juicy titbit was to come. Then the wording of it, whoever approved that for release should be fired. It was a manipulative, thinly disguised, self-serving sympathy grab with an implicit media gag order.

A simple: "My client has no comment at this time and requests that her privacy be respected while she mourns her son" would have sufficed. It may not have gotten the media off her back immediately but the media knows the public has a short attention span and, with no new news, after a time of LH keeping her head down, doing and saying nothing controversial they would have drifted away to the next big thing. For her legal team to then compound the initial statement snafu and have a 'leak' fuelling the fire with thinly-veiled hints of a defamation suit piloted by no other than Lin Wood says to me either they are letting the client overrule their good sense and run her own case or they are concerned more with garnering publicity for themselves in a high profile case that they are with responsibly representing their client.

It kinda makes me wonder if the grand jury is meeting today and the "don't follow me I'm going to Atlanta to see my lawyer" is so they won't follow her there.
Would she be told about it or asked to testify?

All posts are MOO.

I just read the part about Cooper's last two nights of life. She stated at the funeral that he had had difficulty sleeping (which was out of the ordinary for him) and had slept between them the last 2 nights. This reminds me of (sorry if it's a stretch) when I had to have my 17 year old cat put to sleep. I was particularly snuggly with her all night the last few nights and paid really close attention to her. She had to *go to college* (as we call it), because she had intestinal cancer and was suffering. This healthy 22 month old boy did not.

On a side note, I am 22 months older than my brother and he was a blondie like Cooper. His pictures remind me of my little bro when he was young. Sigh.

If I was your child, I think I'd be terrified of the prospect of being sent to college!!! *LOL*

I wonder if Leanna was at that meeting too. And I'm wondering which tabloid they took issue with? And specifically what article?

That's a whole lot of wondering from a person who hasn't even finished her coffee yet :)

I'm on my third cup right now and can only blame the caffeine for making me wonder if the entire point of this new chit-storm of a controversy wasn't meant to have EXACTLY the effect it did. That is: to inflame media and public ire to a conflagration of such immensity that it taints any potential jury pool beyond the point that even a change of venue wouldn't ensure RH and, by extension if she's implicated and charged, LH a fair trial. Guess I'm gonna need more than coffee to see me through whatever the next few months bring - this is looking like it's gonna be a courtroom drama of epic proportions.

I'm on my third cup right now and can only blame the caffeine for making me wonder if the entire point of this new chit-storm of a controversy wasn't meant to have EXACTLY the effect it did. That is: to inflame media and public ire to a conflagration of such immensity that it taints any potential jury pool beyond the point that even a change of venue wouldn't ensure RH and, by extension if she's implicated and charged, LH a fair trial. Guess I'm gonna need more than coffee to see me through whatever the next few months bring - this is looking like it's gonna be a courtroom drama of epic proportions.

I think you might be on to something there. Because, honestly, LH is in Alabama, it appears this was a meeting between just Zimmerman and Wood, and even though I've probably not read EVERY single article out there on LH, I can't recall any article I have read even close to "defaming" her.

Then, if you factor in that PR statement that mentions Jewell and then the fact this meeting with L Wood was 'leaked' less than 24 hours after that statement. Yeah, something smells fishy IMO

Just a personal observation, it's summer. People are busy. The PCH was the day before July 4th. Not many people are paying attention. Actually only 2 people I know have made a comment about Cooper on my Facebook (a lot are not in the area anymore)
We have had a few more episodes
around the area.
4 children the youngest 1 month in one car
Mom arrested.
A 3 month old in the car, dad arrested
All were left on purpose...

All posts are MOO.

Makes me want to go buy a National Enquirer!

LOL! I actually DID during the OJ case because they seemed to always be correct (especially the BM shoes). Then I hid them under the couch so no one would know what level I had stooped to. HEH. end topic diversion. apologies. JMO

LOL! I actually DID during the OJ case because they seemed to always be correct (especially the BM shoes). Then I hid them under the couch so no one would know what level I had stooped to. HEH. end topic diversion. apologies. JMO

Haha! I did during the Anthony trial :rolleyes:

I said it earlier.. my hinky meter's dinging -- it's either a veiled threat (good luck, cough) to ATTEMPT to get MSM to back off...

or it's a heads-up to RH & defense team to start talking before she turns on him so she can be free forever...

IMO

This is an interesting take....we have concurred that she is no dummy, and the roll on him would be a third party, not so much Leanna herself. HMMM. JMO

Attorneys can't go blabbing about their clients or cases even after the trial is over. I don't see how he could possibly get a movie deal out of it or even WANT to even if the client agreed to it.

It's all about the money. I think LH would be up for that. Possibly even RH, if he ever gets out.

For me, if I received a text from my husband asking me when I was going to pick up his buddy, I would fully believe that my son was at the daycare. I thought there was a call between the two, which if it happened would have been her answering that question if all was a normal day. So she arrives to pick him up. She is told he isn't there, first there would be disbelief, go check again, my husband dropped him off this morning!!! I would be anxious and concerned. When they come back to say he isn't there, the first thing I would ask is if my husband picked him up or if they accidentally lost him. I would at this point be calling my husband. And I would be pacing, arms flailing, panicking, visually upset.

The trip to the police department....who took her there. I would be demanding to be with my son. I would be in disbelief he was dead, would want to hold him and wouldn't want to leave his side. They would probably have to sedate me to pull me away from him. I would be hysterical at this point. Like every other normal person on this site, if I came within arms distance to my husband I would attack him with all my might.

At the funeral, I would not be able to speak, I would not be speaking to the man who was so careless that my precious son was now dead. I think the plan must of been for Ross to do the eulogy and she was to stand by him. She needed him to direct that scene, in my opinion.

I heard the National Enquirer has an endless supply of money to spend on investigation, unlike the LE. They were actually helping the LE in the Jon Benet Ramsey case although it remains unsolved according to one of the investigators who wrote a book about the case. It's actually not a waste of money and you can get some pretty good info on a sensational case.

I bet it would be a blast to work there.

What do you mean? It will always be possible to find a jury. They have done it in every other high-profile case. Are you saying they wouldn't have the trial b/c it would be impossible to have a fair one?

I heard the National Enquirer has an endless supply of money to spend on investigation, unlike the LE. They were actually helping the LE in the Jon Benet Ramsey case although it remains unsolved according to one of the investigators who wrote a book about the case. It's actually not a waste of money and you can get some pretty good info on a sensational case.

I bet it would be a blast to work there.

And, supposedly, when they do get an exclusive story, the person must sign a waiver that they don't talk about the story to any other news outlet. I just found this out from the guy that was with RH in the holding cell. He told MSM that whatever he was quoted as saying in the National Enquirer was true, and that he couldn't speak more about it because he was under contract with them.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20060521/NEWS/605210377

Debra Taylor, Dock and Dona Taylor announce the engagement of their daughter, Leanna Mills Taylor of Demopolis, to Justin Ross Harris of Tuscaloosa, son of Reggie and Evelyn Harris.

The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Billy Smith and the late Mr. and Mrs. Dock Mills Taylor Sr.

She is a 2002 graduate of Demopolis Academy and attends the University of Ala-bama, where she is pursuing a degree in food and nutrition. She is a member of Student Dietetic Association and Delta Epsilon Chi. She is employed by Allstate Insurance.

I wish we knew just how much researching they did about child left-in-car deaths. I keep thinking that while they fully expected to be questioned, and even possibly charged with negligence, never in their wildest nightmare did they expect felony murder charges. I believe they expected a lot of public sympathy, and that donations would pour in. They could have buried the baby and had a private memorial service for him,but that funeral was a staged very public event for the benefit of ROSS. ("I'm doing this for you"). JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*