LeAnna (Mom) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO CNN/HLN will make this a big case because of the penis pics and sexting. Sex sells. Look at Anthony and Arias and so many others.

MOO CNN/HLN will make this a big case because of the penis pics and sexting. Sex sells. Look at Anthony and Arias and so many others.

I think the fascination of forgotten baby syndrome and the possibility that a parent could use this "phenomenon" as a murder plot adds to the interest as well.

It is interesting to hear that there have been bigger cases in Cobb County, alone, because it felt like after the hearing, a lot of people expect(ed) this case to be one of the biggest cases of the decade (or whenever) out of the entire country. People have said this is the new Anthony case, and I don't think that is simply because a parent killed their child, but because people expect it will end up being as publicized and well-known.

I think this did have potential to be a case of the decade like Caylee Anthony. But then LH shut her mouth and left town, didn't visit RH in jail, so no jail videos, the grandparents have taken the high road (it appears) and the public lost interest.

Caylee's case brought me to WS and I can honestly say there was never a day that we were not innundated with news articles. In between there were HUGE document dumps that kept us busy for weeks. Florida Sunshine Laws are awesome. Add to the fact that this case brought ALL the crazies out in the spotlight and I'm not just talking about the insanely dysfunctional Anthony gene pool. A real recipe for public interest.

I think there will be some renewed interest when the grand jury delivers their true bill and then will die down again until right before trial.

RH and LH are just kinda boring to me. CA was more interesting to me in a crazy trainwreck kind of way. JMO

I think this case was supposed to be a lot bigger. How many cases get their bond hearings shown live on two national TV channels? I think the reason why the media circus faded after only 2 weeks was because there is nothing happening and nobody is talking. There is a huge lack of crazy characters, for one thing. No more leaks, either.

I think how big the trial is depends on when it happens. It is possible that the country will go years rarely hearing about the case. I also think the time of the year will make a difference since this case is known as "hot car case". So IMO, if the trial happens next summer, it will be huge, but not so much if it happens in January 2018.

LH released a statement today:

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/26236264/attorney-for-leanna-harris-believes-she-wont-face-charges

"An attorney for Leanna Harris does not believe she will be charged with a crime.

Harris is the wife of Justin Ross Harris, the man accused of leaving his son, Cooper, in a hot SUV to die. The alleged crime happened in Georgia but the Harris family is originally from Tuscaloosa.

Harris' attorney said that her victim impact statement will help change public perception about her."

There's a link to the PDF statement inside the news article.

I'm sorry...but this victim's impact statement just made me really angry.
It seems to have a tone of standoffishness, or whatever you want to call her reply to question #4.

It's all about me-me-me.

I thought that was only true for attractive people lol

I agree with a lot of what you're saying here except this: "sex sells" if the persona is usually female regarding the sexual components of a case--and in this case it is about a man, and a rather unattractive man at that.
As far as Anthony and Arias, well of course they were pathological but the camera loved them. They were photogenic and sexy, in spite of their despicable ways.
LH is non-descript in appearance. And RH is an unattractive, creepy weirdo child killer.

So to me that is a game-changer. The only thing that could really grab the attention of the media is if they find the women that RH was sexting and they are attractive and have some sordid tales to sell.

all moo and all that...

Maybe, I think because a minor is involved it might be a little less salacious. Father's who might have been enticed to Arias (I just said that? eww ) will be sickened by RH.

You think people really want to see his privates? Eww. I do not.
Honest question, no.snark.
Shucks maybe some people do! If it's even his. lol.

All posts are MOO

Maybe, I think because a minor is involved it might be a little less salacious. Father's who might have been enticed to Arias (I just said that? eww ) will be sickened by RH.

You think people really want to see his privates? Eww. I do not.
Honest question, no.snark.
Shucks maybe some people do! If it's even his. lol.

All posts are MOO

I don't think that tlcya was suggesting that CNN would air or publish photos of JRH's privates. Cases that involve sexual situations like sexting and sharing naked pictures could make this case one that they would give some airtime.

But then again, this angle may be played out by the media at this point and it will drop from the national scene. JMO.

I think the only reason why this case got the national attention it did is because of how Ross killed Cooper. Not only was it horrific, but no one had heard of a parent choosing to kill their child in that manner before. CNN and HLN both chose to cover the bond hearing live, without knowing about all the shocking info that would be coming out.

I think the only reason why this case got the national attention it did is because of how Ross killed Cooper. Not only was it horrific, but no one had heard of a parent choosing to kill their child in that manner before. CNN and HLN both chose to cover the bond hearing live, without knowing about all the shocking info that would be coming out.

I'm not sure that national MSM jumped on this case because JRH "chose" to kill Cooper by leaving him in the car. I always had the feeling that the sexting and naked pictures made this case jump to a national story beyond the CNN coverage.

I don't use CNN myself so I'm sure I heard of this case from a different MSM source. JMO.

Aug 10, 2014 HEADLINE in Aussie

"BREKKIE WRAP: Leanna Harris cleared in son Connor’s hot car death as she defends husband, Ross"

THE wife of a man charged with leaving their son to die in a hot car is unlikely to be charged, as she describes her “tortured existence”.

Leanna Harris received a victim’s impact package, including a book about grieving the loss of a loved one, which seemed to indicate she was no longer under investigation, her attorney Lawrence Zimmerman told WSB-TV in Atlanta.

“In my experience, the district attorney only sends packages like these when they think someone is the victim of a crime,” Mr Zimmerman said. “That’s what I believe based on what they’ve sent her. “

http://www.news.com.au/world/brekki...nds-husband-ross/story-fndir2ev-1227019364739

Pretty sure my head is going to explode! :tantrum:

Aug 10, 2014 HEADLINE in Aussie

"BREKKIE WRAP: Leanna Harris cleared in son Connor’s hot car death as she defends husband, Ross"

THE wife of a man charged with leaving their son to die in a hot car is unlikely to be charged, as she describes her “tortured existence”.

Leanna Harris received a victim’s impact package, including a book about grieving the loss of a loved one, which seemed to indicate she was no longer under investigation, her attorney Lawrence Zimmerman told WSB-TV in Atlanta.

“In my experience, the district attorney only sends packages like these when they think someone is the victim of a crime,” Mr Zimmerman said. “That’s what I believe based on what they’ve sent her. “

http://www.news.com.au/world/brekki...nds-husband-ross/story-fndir2ev-1227019364739

Pretty sure my head is going to explode! :tantrum:
I think headlines like this is why Leanna's attorney released the victim statement. This one is from Australia so I doubt it will have much impact on prospective jurors.

The headlines from local news sources are a different matter. The defense will try and get at least one juror impaneled that has seen headlines like this but have not read a lot about the case. JMO.

I'm not sure that national MSM jumped on this case because JRH "chose" to kill Cooper by leaving him in the car. I always had the feeling that the sexting and naked pictures made this case jump to a national story beyond the CNN coverage.

I don't use CNN myself so I'm sure I heard of this case from a different MSM source. JMO.

So do you think that if Ross used a different method of murder, the case would have gotten the same amount of media coverage? Every headline about the case says "hot car" in it to get people to click.

So do you think that if Ross used a different method of murder, the case would have gotten the same amount of media coverage? Every headline about the case says "hot car" in it to get people to click.

I'm saying that JRH hasn't been convicted yet so murder hasn't been proven. Are you saying that he's already been convicted by MSM? MOO.

Any new news about LH? It feels like we might have wandered away from her as our topic.

Its such a subjective topic the media and why they jump on what. We could probably debate and discuss that topic for pages :)

I think this did have potential to be a case of the decade like Caylee Anthony. But then LH shut her mouth and left town, didn't visit RH in jail, so no jail videos, the grandparents have taken the high road (it appears) and the public lost interest.

Caylee's case brought me to WS and I can honestly say there was never a day that we were not innundated with news articles. In between there were HUGE document dumps that kept us busy for weeks. Florida Sunshine Laws are awesome. Add to the fact that this case brought ALL the crazies out in the spotlight and I'm not just talking about the insanely dysfunctional Anthony gene pool. A real recipe for public interest.

I think there will be some renewed interest when the grand jury delivers their true bill and then will die down again until right before trial.

RH and LH are just kinda boring to me. CA was more interesting to me in a crazy trainwreck kind of way. JMO

BBM

I agree with everything except the bolded. Just because Leanna left town doesn't mean that she isn't still "visiting" with Harris on a regular basis. Remember, the jail that he is in has video conferencing for inmates and their "visitors". Leanna and Harris could be video chatting every single day and the media would not know about it yet. Come trial time then we will hear about any video chatting and more than likely even get to watch/hear them. Leanna hasn't really "shut her mouth" either. She is just picking and choosing what she wants the public to know and her lawyer is putting that information out there for her.

MOO

BBM

I agree with everything except the bolded. Just because Leanna left town doesn't mean that she isn't still "visiting" with Harris on a regular basis. Remember, the jail that he is in has video conferencing for inmates and their "visitors". Leanna and Harris could be video chatting every single day and the media would not know about it yet. Come trial time then we will hear about any video chatting and more than likely even get to watch/hear them. Leanna hasn't really "shut her mouth" either. She is just picking and choosing what she wants the public to know and her lawyer is putting that information out there for her.

MOO

What I found interesting during the CNN interview was that LH would be making a comment to the public sometime in the future "when she's ready". In fact IIRC he said that a couple of times during the interview and I found it kind of phony. Like who cares? Does she really think we care? (overinflated view of herself MOO)

What I found interesting during the CNN interview was that LH would be making a comment to the public sometime in the future "when she's ready". In fact IIRC he said that a couple of times during the interview and I found it kind of phony. Like who cares? Does she really think we care? (overinflated view of herself MOO)

Nothing from her prior statements or demeanor pique my curiosity at all, so she can save her breath as far as I'm concerned.

I can sum up any comments she might make to the public in the future:

" me, me, me, blah, husband, leader, God, blah, my son, my job, grieving, mainstream media, my baby, me, me, Ross, public.....blah.....sigh"

Add in some gum chomping, that should about cover it

The whole statement from LH thru her attorney where she asks for the media to let her mourn and stop hounding her came first. Poo storm of publicity.

So the media pretty much does that. The story does down the coverage goes away.

Then comes the interview with attorney and release of Victim Impact Statement. Thus creating another Poo storm. Why? The only one at this point perpetuating the vilification or even discussion of this woman is herself through her attorney? Because really, if they are basing their reactions on people talking on social media and forums, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member