LeAnna (Mom) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole statement from LH thru her attorney where she asks for the media to let her mourn and stop hounding her came first. Poo storm of publicity.

So the media pretty much does that. The story does down the coverage goes away.

Then comes the interview with attorney and release of Victim Impact Statement. Thus creating another Poo storm. Why? The only one at this point perpetuating the vilification or even discussion of this woman is herself through her attorney? Because really, if they are basing their reactions on people talking on social media and forums, why?

I think that Leanna and her attorney released the victim impact statement so they could say that LE is treating her as a victim. Some MSM bought into that with their headlines.

I'm not sure about the timing though. It seems a bit premature to try and influence any potential jury members. She hasn't even been arrested yet. JMO.

At this point I could care less about LH and what she might think or say. Go away.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2014/images/08/08/cvis.pdf

Although she indicates that she completed the impact statement with her attorney's assistance, I can't help but think she just has the IQ of a potato chip and thought she was supposed to answer the questions about herself.

Completing it to claim she's a victim too just doesn't make sense to me. It clearly says "crime victim" with RH's name as the defendant, case number, crime, date of crime, etc printed at the top. She obviously is not the victim of the crime "cruelty to children; 2nd degree murder." She may be affected by the crime since her son was the victim, but what attorney would advise her to complete this form claiming to be the victim of this crime?

It's also not signed. That's a color copy, but no signature. Very strange.

Is it compensable if you claim you are not the victim of a crime but are one of public perception?

Is it compensable if you claim you are not the victim of a crime but are one of public perception?

(((MOO))) how big a pool sample of the entire nation would a lawyer need to prove that one ?

I hope I am polled so I can say "who??"

sorry couldn't resist........I think he (attorney) would have to prove she actually ''lost''' something for their to be damages via a civil suit .... moo

I see there are about 10 or so pages on the victim statement <mod snip>

Did anyone mention this:

http://cjcc.georgia.gov/victims-compensation

Not sure if she is eligible.

yes...we covered that .... and her application is on previous pages and that was reason her attorney appeared on CNN...to let us know she received an application ((standard operating procedure))

Because of the facts we do know, in no way do I nor will I ever see her as a victim. Fade to black. Until there is an arrest. I'm hopeful too. Complicity, failure to notify, possibly lying to LE all come to mind. TIC TOC honey, TIC TOC.

Nothing from her prior statements or demeanor pique my curiosity at all, so she can save her breath as far as I'm concerned.

I can sum up any comments she might make to the public in the future:

" me, me, me, blah, husband, leader, God, blah, my son, my job, grieving, mainstream media, my baby, me, me, Ross, public.....blah.....sigh"

Add in some gum chomping, that should about cover it

She speaks and acts like someone with severe social anxiety and shyness issues. She prefers to speak referentially (i.e. attributing her feelings, thoughts, or ideas to others), usually a sign of insecurity. People who refer to God or country or political party frequently in their speech are usually "follower" types- i.e. they prefer to follow a powerful or authoritative leader.

I think LH has a very feeble sense of self- she's floating through life, unsure of what to cling to. Since she can't be angry at RH for the way in which Cooper's death victimized her, she is projecting this anger on a less intimate, more abstract source- the mainstream media. Maybe even the devil.

That said, I do think the media has shown a pretty slanted picture of both LH and RH. But slanted stuff sells, and so it makes sense that they would do just that.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2014/images/08/08/cvis.pdf

Although she indicates that she completed the impact statement with her attorney's assistance, I can't help but think she just has the IQ of a potato chip and thought she was supposed to answer the questions about herself.

Completing it to claim she's a victim too just doesn't make sense to me. It clearly says "crime victim" with RH's name as the defendant, case number, crime, date of crime, etc printed at the top. She obviously is not the victim of the crime "cruelty to children; 2nd degree murder." She may be affected by the crime since her son was the victim, but what attorney would advise her to complete this form claiming to be the victim of this crime?

It's also not signed. That's a color copy, but no signature. Very strange.

I think she didn't write Cooper's name because she doesn't believe he was the victim of a crime- she believes he was the victim of an accident. An intelligent attorney would advise her to do exactly what she did.

She may not be the brightest bulb on the planet, but she doesn't seem stupid or ditzy. JMO.

I've been busy over at Jenise Wright's thread and stopped in earlier to see if anything was happening with RH's case. Well.... all I can say is I'm gobsmacked!

When I saw LH's “victim” statement I thought I'd accidentally clicked on The Onion. Seriously. Does her lawyer even have a license to practice law? Is LH mentally impaired? She listed herself as victim? And her lawyer helped fill out the questionnaire? I'm at a loss.

Any doubt I ever had about her is now resolved, so thanks LH and Mr. Z.

Apparently RH needs to keep his pants zipped and his wife needs to keep her mouth zipped..

Wait - did she do an interview? Sorry, I'm on page 9 and trying to catch up.

ETA: Nevermind - I just saw the CNN interview with her lawyer. Ummm, okay...

What I found interesting during the CNN interview was that LH would be making a comment to the public sometime in the future "when she's ready". In fact IIRC he said that a couple of times during the interview and I found it kind of phony. Like who cares? Does she really think we care? (overinflated view of herself MOO)

Apparently she thinks something she has to say would matter to any of us. I personally don't care what she thinks. I heard all I needed to at Cooper's funeral from this woman.

I just can't understand how this dad could be so forgetful. He put Cooper in the car seat, how could he
drive to work and forget he was in the car. Unless he was drunk or high on drugs which doesn't seem to be the case.
I've wondered if Cooper was injured bad in the home by the parents, maybe unconscious, but still alive. To cover up the abuse, they let him die in the hot car.
hi,
Cooper didn't get hurt at home nor was he unconscious.
Cooper was seen alive and well that morning at chik fil a with his dad a few SECONDS before his dad arrived at work.

Please feel free to read the media thread here, it's packed with good info. :)

The Victim Statement makes no sense to me whatsoever.How can she claim to be the victim of a crime if she doesn't believe a crime occured?
She is the one who wanted all the media attention in the first place,she wanted the media to capture a standing ovation for her husband at her son's funeral,she wanted sympathy from the media for her husband not her baby and everything she does now just seems to be because she is angry because the media and public does not have sympathy for her husband.I know people grief differently but nothing she does or says seems to have anything to do with grieving for her baby.It's all about Ross

Completely agree claudici.
LH and RH have a severe disconnect from their deceased little one, imo.

Aug 10, 2014 HEADLINE in Aussie

"BREKKIE WRAP: Leanna Harris cleared in son Connor’s hot car death as she defends husband, Ross"

THE wife of a man charged with leaving their son to die in a hot car is unlikely to be charged, as she describes her “tortured existence”.

Leanna Harris received a victim’s impact package, including a book about grieving the loss of a loved one, which seemed to indicate she was no longer under investigation, her attorney Lawrence Zimmerman told WSB-TV in Atlanta.

“In my experience, the district attorney only sends packages like these when they think someone is the victim of a crime,” Mr Zimmerman said. “That’s what I believe based on what they’ve sent her. “

http://www.news.com.au/world/brekki...nds-husband-ross/story-fndir2ev-1227019364739

Pretty sure my head is going to explode! :tantrum:

It's what he believes and what he thinks, I don't believe a word out of his mouth. Of course he wants you to think his client is innocent. It's his job.

I think she didn't write Cooper's name because she doesn't believe he was the victim of a crime- she believes he was the victim of an accident. An intelligent attorney would advise her to do exactly what she did.

She may not be the brightest bulb on the planet, but she doesn't seem stupid or ditzy. JMO.
The DA specified the case and crime committed at the top of the Victim Impact Statement. If she doesn't believe a crime happened perhaps she shouldn't have filled out the statement..perhaps her lawyer should have advised her better. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53