LeAnna (Mom) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting comments by Darren Kavinoky.

After having already read the statement they were attempting to "discuss", I could barely watch this piece and finally had turn it off- wow, talk about two extremely annoying people. She was SO uninformed and did absolutely nothing but read the form... after hearing her say it at least six times, I wanted to scream through my TV, "Her name is NOT Leanne, it's LEANNA!!!" This laughable "defense attorney" (whoever he is), reminded me of Nancy Grace, putting his two cents in while talking much too loudly and waving his hands while yammering on about the grammatical implications of referring to LEANNA as the "hot car mom". UGH. No new information or insight from these two clowns at all.

IMHO, JMO, MOO.

After having already read the statement they were attempting to "discuss", I could barely watch this piece and finally had turn it off- wow, talk about two extremely annoying people. She was SO uninformed and did absolutely nothing but read the form... after hearing her say it at least six times, I wanted to scream through my TV, "Her name is NOT Leanne, it's LEANNA!!!" This laughable "defense attorney" (whoever he is), reminded me of Nancy Grace, putting his two cents in while talking much too loudly and waving his hands while yammering on about the grammatical implications of referring to LEANNA as the "hot car mom". UGH. No new information or insight from these two clowns at all.

IMHO, JMO, MOO.

My point was DK said he would prosecute HER. Said all the weird things Leanna said were waaaay to many to be coincidences or grieving. ITA with him

My point was DK said he would prosecute HER. Said all the weird things Leanna said were waaaay to many to be coincidences or grieving. ITA with him

Precisely - and I agree as well (as I stated upthread). Any defense attorney worth his salt doesn't go on record saying this unless he really means it.

LC's mispronunciation of lh's name could have been a form of intentional communication for all we know; or her TelePrompTer could have had a typo; or ....?

But these two attorneys are highly educated and highly qualified. I happen to agree with them, but even if I didn't, I'd still respect them enough to hear them out. That's just me though. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Precisely - and I agree as well (as I stated upthread). Any defense attorney worth his salt doesn't go on record saying this unless he really means it.

LC's mispronunciation of lh's name could have been a form of intentional communication for all we know; or her TelePrompTer could have had a typo; or ....?

But these two attorneys are highly educated and highly qualified. I happen to agree with them, but even if I didn't, I'd still respect them enough to hear them out. That's just me though. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you don't hear too many defense attorneys ever say that anyone is guilty.

Yes you don't hear too many defense attorneys ever say that anyone is guilty.

Sure you do. Until those defense lawyers are representing those people that they previously said were guilty. Then it's all about how we (the public) shouldn't rush to judge them. Never mind the fact that when those same defense lawyers had air time before they were "on the case", they too were judging them.

MOO

oy. I am still just trying to process this IMO very very bad decision to reopen herself to public scrutiny.

Her attorney is talking out of both sides of his mouth. On the one hand she absolutely is a victim, see? Even the state thinks so, they sent her this form. On the other, the form once completed makes it clear that she is not the victim of any crime in her own opinion.

What a fuster.

Makes you wonder if her attorney is advising her to do things to incite controversy so he can be the next "Baez the wonder defense".

Makes you wonder if her attorney is advising her to do things to incite controversy so he can be the next "Baez the wonder defense".

We barely hear from Leanna, and her victim impact statement didn't generate much controversy. Nobody directly involved in the case seems interested in publicity at all, unlike the Anthony case.

We barely hear from Leanna, and her victim impact statement didn't generate much controversy. Nobody directly involved in the case seems interested in publicity at all, unlike the Anthony case.

I think they were not prepared for the media storm in the first place because they didn't think JRH would be arrested. And then, at first they had some favor in the media but that quickly dissipated after her ridiculous emotionless eulogy at the funeral and then the probable cause hearing. They quickly realized public opinion was against them. LH's attorney let a little time pass and put out this victim statement as a feeler which mostly generated more "WTF?" responses so he went back to laying low. Now everyone is just waiting on the Grand Jury...tick tock...isn't there only 3 more Grand Jury meetings before the 90 days are up to charge him?

It goes without saying that LE put Leanna into the interview room with her husband because they wanted to observe what these two said to each other and how they responded to one another regarding the horrific death of their child.<br />
<br />
Granted, we have only heard snippets of what was said between them, but those snippets of conversation are, IMO, eyebrow-raising and deserve every bit of scrutiny by LE and the public that they're receiving.<br />
<br />
Ross: &quot;I can't believe I'm being punished for this!&quot; &quot;I'm going to lose my job!&quot;<br />
<br />
Leanna: &quot;Did you say too much?&quot;<br />
<br />
Their child had just died a horrid death. A few hours earlier, RH had pulled his deceased baby out of his car. He felt with his own hands and saw with his own eyes that Cooper was in rigor mortis (even if he didn't know the medical term for it). I think that alone would be enough to cause any caring, innocent parent to hate themselves for what they had caused their precious baby to suffer.<br />
<br />
If I was LE and had been on the other side of that two-way mirror, I would have expected to see/hear a father beat himself up (and perhaps even to spontaneously cry out to his child's spirit) for causing his child's death, if that father had truly &quot;forgotten&quot; he'd left his child in the car, instead of &quot;huffing&quot; trying to hyperventilate and trying to work up emotion.<br />
<br />
Something along the lines of: &quot;Cooper!!! I'm so sorry Li'l Buddy! I love you!&quot; If truly grieving and incapable of uttering words, then I would have expected to hear/see unintelligible moaning or crying.<br />
<br />
Genuine emotion doesn't require summoning - it comes naturally. That soon after his child's death, I would have expected an innocent father to be more concerned with the torture his helpless baby had endured and to be devastated that his child was dead, instead of being concerned with himself or his job. <br />
<br />
If I was LE and had observed Leanna ask her husband &quot;Did you say too much?&quot; the alarm bells in my head would have been screaming &quot;WTH????&quot; - and apparently those alarm bells were, according to Detective Stoddard's testimony.<br />
<br />
I would have expected LH to have demanded answers from her husband. I would have expected LH to have at least asked RH &quot;How could you have forgotten him????&quot; or &quot;How could you have left him in the car ALL DAY????&quot; I might even have expected LH to have tried to beat the living daylights out of her husband and I would have asked a uni to stand outside the door just in case she needed to be pulled off him (after I let her deliver a few well-deserved blows upside his head). <br />
<br />
&quot;Did you say too much?&quot; is the last thing I would have expected a loving, protective mother to ask her husband (very shortly after learning that her baby was dead). I would NOT have expected her to be concerned that her husband had said &quot;too much&quot; - in fact, &quot;Did you say too much?&quot; is the exact opposite of what I would have expected her to ask the man who was responsible for her baby's death.<br />
<br />
If her baby was at all important to that mother, I would have expected her to have been more concerned with her baby &amp; what he had suffered than with what her husband may or may not have said to LE.<br />
<br />
<br />
Instead of: &quot;How could you have left him in the car all day???&quot; &quot;Stop whining about your job!!! Our baby is dead!!!&quot;<br />
<br />
It's clear to me (based on her statements and actions since Cooper's death) that Leanna's priority is not her baby. In my opinion, her top priority is trying to protect the reputation of a repugnant façade of a husband/father. I couldn't care less if she may or may not have low self esteem, or if RH may or may not have been the first man to show interest in her, or if she may or may not have felt that she couldn't do any better than him.<br />
<br />
When she became a mother, her first priority should have been her child. After her child died at the hands of her husband, her first priority should have still been her child.<br/>
As a mother of two small boys 8 months& 2 years) and a daughter who was stillborn, I couldn't have said that better myself. I agree 100%, thanks button wasn't enough. Something very off about moms behavior IMO.

Love Kills

It goes without saying that LE put Leanna into the interview room with her husband because they wanted to observe what these two said to each other and how they responded to one another regarding the horrific death of their child.<br />
<br />
Granted, we have only heard snippets of what was said between them, but those snippets of conversation are, IMO, eyebrow-raising and deserve every bit of scrutiny by LE and the public that they're receiving.<br />
<br />
Ross: &quot;I can't believe I'm being punished for this!&quot; &quot;I'm going to lose my job!&quot;<br />
<br />
<br />
Their child had just died a horrid death. A few hours earlier, RH had pulled his deceased baby out of his car. He felt with his own hands and saw with his own eyes that Cooper was in rigor mortis (even if he didn't know the medical term for it). I think that alone would be enough to cause any caring, innocent parent to hate themselves for what they had caused their precious baby to suffer.<br />
<br />
If I was LE and had been on the other side of that two-way mirror, I would have expected to see/hear a father beat himself up (and perhaps even to spontaneously cry out to his child's spirit) for causing his child's death, if that father had truly &quot;forgotten&quot; he'd left his child in the car, instead of &quot;huffing&quot; trying to hyperventilate and trying to work up emotion.<br />
<br />
Something along the lines of: &quot;Cooper!!! I'm so sorry Li'l Buddy! I love you!&quot; If truly grieving and incapable of uttering words, then I would have expected to hear/see unintelligible moaning or crying.<br />
<br />
Genuine emotion doesn't require summoning - it comes naturally. That soon after his child's death, I would have expected an innocent father to be more concerned with the torture his helpless baby had endured and to be devastated that his child was dead, instead of being concerned with himself or his job. <br />
<br />
If I was LE and had observed Leanna ask her husband &quot;Did you say too much?&quot; the alarm bells in my head would have been screaming &quot;WTH????&quot; - and apparently those alarm bells were, according to Detective Stoddard's testimony.<br />
<br />
I would have expected LH to have demanded answers from her husband. I would have expected LH to have at least asked RH &quot;How could you have forgotten him????&quot; or &quot;How could you have left him in the car ALL DAY????&quot; I might even have expected LH to have tried to beat the living daylights out of her husband and I would have asked a uni to stand outside the door just in case she needed to be pulled off him (after I let her deliver a few well-deserved blows upside his head). <br />
<br />
&quot;Did you say too much?&quot; is the last thing I would have expected a loving, protective mother to ask her husband (very shortly after learning that her baby was dead). I would NOT have expected her to be concerned that her husband had said &quot;too much&quot; - in fact, &quot;Did you say too much?&quot; is the exact opposite of what I would have expected her to ask the man who was responsible for her baby's death.<br />
<br />
If her baby was at all important to that mother, I would have expected her to have been more concerned with her baby &amp; what he had suffered than with what her husband may or may not have said to LE.<br />
<br />
<br />
Instead of: &quot;How could you have left him in the car all day???&quot; &quot;Stop whining about your job!!! Our baby is dead!!!&quot;<br />
<br />
It's clear to me (based on her statements and actions since Cooper's death) that Leanna's priority is not her baby. In my opinion, her top priority is trying to protect the reputation of a repugnant façade of a husband/father. I couldn't care less if she may or may not have low self esteem, or if RH may or may not have been the first man to show interest in her, or if she may or may not have felt that she couldn't do any better than him.<br />
<br />
When she became a mother, her first priority should have been her child. After her child died at the hands of her husband, her first priority should have still been her child.<br/>
As a mother of two small boys 8 months& 2 years) and a daughter who was stillborn, I couldn't have said that better myself. I agree 100%, thanks button wasn't enough. Something very off about moms behavior IMO.

Love Kills

Love Kills

I think they were not prepared for the media storm in the first place because they didn't think JRH would be arrested. And then, at first they had some favor in the media but that quickly dissipated after her ridiculous emotionless eulogy at the funeral and then the probable cause hearing. They quickly realized public opinion was against them. LH's attorney let a little time pass and put out this victim statement as a feeler which mostly generated more "WTF?" responses so he went back to laying low. Now everyone is just waiting on the Grand Jury...tick tock...isn't there only 3 more Grand Jury meetings before the 90 days are up to charge him?

Yes, they thought everyone would buy the accident story. Maybe it would be local news for a day, but then it would go back to being a private tragedy. I think that is why we don't hear from anyone, because they were not seeking publicity with the cover-up they chose, so they aren't going to hire lawyers who are all over the news and they are going to tell their friends and family to stay quiet. Maybe they even talked about having Cooper go missing, but decided against it due to the amount of immediate scrutiny it would generate.

I was researching Crime Victims Compensation in another thread and it got me thinking about this case so I looked up what Georgia offers to victims of crimes. I would think that Leanna is aware of these compensation benefits:

ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS

You are physically injured as a result of a violent crime
You personally witnessed or were threatened with a violent crime
You were hurt helping a victim of a violent crime
You are the parent or guardian of a person killed or injured as a result of a crime
You are a dependent of a homicide victim who relied on the victim for support
You did not provoke or consent to the events that led up to the crime

CATEGORICAL CAPS (FOR COVERED EXPENSES)

Medical/Dental Expenses - up to $15,000
Counseling Expenses - up to $3,000
Funeral Expenses - up to $3,000
Economic Support - up to $10,000
Crime Scene Clean-Up - up to $1,500

DISCLAIMER: The information listed above only outlines some of the eligibility requirements for the program. There may be other factors that are not mentioned in this document that factor into our eligibility determination. If you have any questions, please call the Criminal Justice Coordinating Council...

http://cjcc.georgia.gov/victims-compensation

Lawrence Zimmerman, who represents the mother, Leanna Harris, said he has heard nothing recently. His client has not been charged. She has asked for privacy. He said she still has not been able to return to her work as a dietician or resume normal activities because of attention to the case.

Leanna is still claiming that she cannot work or even go outside because of the media. Is she delusional or just looking for sympathy? It annoys me because I am wishing this forum was still active but there is absolutely nothing happening, and she is claiming that the media circus is still going on. Does Leanna google the case, or does she just assumes it is still all over the news and Internet? Does she mean if she goes out in public, people will recognize her, due to the media attention? I wonder how true that is? If she doesn’t draw any attention to herself, how many people would notice? And how many are going to actually say something?

It wouldn't surprise me if the people who did approach Leanna were sympathetic, and the ones who think she is guilty stayed away. A lot of people become "fans" when a "celebrity" is in the vicinity, and I bet there would be those who thought she was guilty or are on the fence who would act differently if they saw her.

http://www.dailyreportonline.com/id...eived-Some-Evidence-from-Police#ixzz3BuNOSQnb

Leanna is still claiming that she cannot work or even go outside because of the media. Is she delusional or just looking for sympathy? It annoys me because I am wishing this forum was still active but there is absolutely nothing happening, and she is claiming that the media circus is still going on. Does Leanna google the case, or does she just assumes it is still all over the news and Internet? Does she mean if she goes out in public, people will recognize her, due to the media attention? I wonder how true that is? If she doesn’t draw any attention to herself, how many people would notice? And how many are going to actually say something?

It wouldn't surprise me if the people who did approach Leanna were sympathetic, and the ones who think she is guilty stayed away. A lot of people become "fans" when a "celebrity" is in the vicinity, and I bet there would be those who thought she was guilty or are on the fence who would act differently if they saw her.

http://www.dailyreportonline.com/id...eived-Some-Evidence-from-Police#ixzz3BuNOSQnb

I think she's a wannabe

Have you seen any photos of her dealing with hordes of media parked in front of her house? I have not. I think this is one of those ''if you haven't heard a rumor by noon start one'' moments. Simply put she feels bad press is better than no press to support her claim -- I hope media is wisely avoiding her poisonous bait.MOO

If the media was waiting outside her home, we would see pictures of her. They would not waste 2 months of time and resources w/ no results. Are paparazzi-style photos of Leanna getting into her car really worth that much? Just because people are horrified at what happened to Cooper, it does not mean they are interested in seeing daily candids of Leanna. I can't see legitimate media outlets still stalking the house, and paparazzi are going to be in LA or NY. It just makes no sense.

I think she's a wannabe

Have you seen any photos of her dealing with hordes of media parked in front of her house? I have not. I think this is one of those ''if you haven't heard a rumor by noon start one'' moments. Simply put she feels bad press is better than no press to support her claim -- I hope media is wisely avoiding her poisonous bait.MOO

ITA - wannabe indeed. A quick Google shows the most recent hit on her name was August 12, right after she released her ignominious "victim" statement. Prior to that it was the mid-July statement released by her attorney.

So.... it seems no one really cares that much about her except when she interjects herself into the media. I don't think that adds up to her being "tormented" by msm and the public. In fact, a few headlines read that she has been cleared of all charges, which came from her attorney, not LE.

As noted upthread she's eligible for and can apply for some financial assistance from the state of Georgia, including lost income and counseling needs, which makes her remarks in her victim statement a bit, um, exaggerated. What she's going through in the aftermath of Cooper's death seems to be all about her inability to work and her misplaced anger at msm and the public for somehow demonizing her and her precious husband. Too bad she forgot all about poor little Cooper!

To me, innocent or not, she comes off as an uncaring mother with a self-serving agenda.

:moo:

Leanna is still claiming that she cannot work or even go outside because of the media. Is she delusional or just looking for sympathy? It annoys me because I am wishing this forum was still active but there is absolutely nothing happening, and she is claiming that the media circus is still going on. Does Leanna google the case, or does she just assumes it is still all over the news and Internet? Does she mean if she goes out in public, people will recognize her, due to the media attention? I wonder how true that is? If she doesn&#8217;t draw any attention to herself, how many people would notice? And how many are going to actually say something?

Paraphrased quote.

The guilty man runneth when no man chaseth

LeAnna could find work if she wanted it badly enough. They train employees at Burger King frequently.

It may be closer to the truth that the job she wants are not interested in hiring a mom who may soon be charged with the felonious death of her only child.

My attention would not be on working. I would be focused on basic daily survival without my baby. Apparently, little Cooper's life was not as important as her career. That's just the way I feel.

moo and all that jazz

LeAnna could find work if she wanted it badly enough. They train employees at Burger King frequently.

It may be closer to the truth that the job she wants are not interested in hiring a mom who may soon be charged with the felonious death of her only child.

My attention would not be on working. I would be focused on basic daily survival without my baby. Apparently, little Cooper's life was not as important as her career. That's just the way I feel.

moo and all that jazz
Apparently he was last on her list following EVERYTHING else in Leanna's life. No one is stalking or following her. She is a boring self centered person who just thinks she is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member