LeAnna (Mom) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the DA sending that to her was a strategic thing to do. Her and her lawyer filling it out, not very wise imo. With the possibility of charges looming over her, she would have been smart to ignore it all together imo.

I don't understand why they released the documents on Friday. Friday afternoon/evening, too in EST, I think. I thought it was PR 101 that you release news you want to bury on Friday? Are they testing the waters to just see what the reaction is, without risking the circus starting up again? I bet most people don't keep up with the news on the weekend.
Maybe the GJ started with the case this week?

I think the DA sending that to her was a strategic thing to do. Her and her lawyer filling it out, not very wise imo. With the possibility of charges looming over her, she would have been smart to ignore it all together imo.

it's a case of "nerves"?? perhaps? the waiting has to be painful LOL the lady who killed her two year old has a grand jury indictment already ((all within the week)) while JRH has been on hold since late June -- must be making the H family very cross and cranky by now

I wonder what her lawyer and her are thinking as they read online comments? There are 500 on a CNN article and almost all are negative. I wonder if they thought that since the case had not been in the news in 2-3 weeks, that the public might empathize with her now? Are they shocked when they read the comments, that their plan isn't working? Perhaps the release of the documents is not just for the public, but the media too....my client is a victim so watch what you report, etc.

the joke of the day is that MSM has been silent for weeks about her.....so the reaction to this release should be interesting for the legal team. Truth is she's worried for her own ever expanding butt at this point, I 'm sure. There's little way to cover her tail at this point, it's up to LE and the DA not public opinion at all silly LH.

Interesting to me that very early on in this, she was supported by media, friends, family and numerous sympathetic donors....despite that fact she did her infamous eulogy about not wanting to bring Cooper back to this BROKEN world. Her sense of this mean, broken world had NOTHING to do with the media. It was only after the so-called funeral, and her odd behavior that media turned to questions about her. Then the donations dried up, and people threw their hankies out and became enraged. She quickly retained an attorney and threatened to sue ala Richard Jewell. That shut the MSM up, with the exception of AJC which for some odd reason, had the exclusive honor to review video evidence and subsequently cast dispersion on LE. LE has not leaked a peep and MSM has no news to report, so what or which media is she blaming for her misery? If she is reading WS she certainly isn't heeding some good advice out here in cyberland. JMO

Maybe the GJ started with the case this week?

IIRC after the PCH it was said they have either 60 or 90 days? I do recall Stoddard saying LE would take some time to compile info before presenting to Grand Jury and they had no idea how long that would take. At the time, I remember thinking, they would drag it out to the very last moment to add a ''sauna'' effect. (MOO)

Interesting to me that very early on in this, she was supported by media, friends, family and numerous sympathetic donors....despite that fact she did her infamous eulogy about not wanting to bring Cooper back to this BROKEN world. Her sense of this mean, broken world had NOTHING to do with the media. It was only after the so-called funeral, and her odd behavior that media turned to questions about her. Then the donations dried up, and people threw their hankies out and became enraged. She quickly retained an attorney and threatened to sue ala Richard Jewell. That shut the MSM up, with the exception of AJC which for some odd reason, had the exclusive honor to review video evidence and subsequently cast dispersion on LE. LE has not leaked a peep and MSM has no news to report, so what or which media is she blaming for her misery? If she is reading WS she certainly isn't heeding some good advice out here in cyberland. JMO
I never could understand why she opened the funeral up to media.

IIRC after the PCH it was said they have either 60 or 90 days? I do recall Stoddard saying LE would take some time to compile info before presenting to Grand Jury and they had no idea how long that would take. At the time, I remember thinking, they would drag it out to the very last moment to add a ''sauna'' effect. (MOO)
It is 90 days.

This feels like a preemptive strike. Her lawyer put this out because more bad press is coming soon for RH and LH? KWIM?

Apologize if this has been answered already, but is it normal for a victim impact statement before there is an indictment by a GJ?

I never could understand why she opened the funeral up to media.

I think she thought her "speech" and composure would be something to see, they would say something about her and Ross, and they would be a positive thing. I think it backfired. Moo

This feels like a preemptive strike. Her lawyer put this out because more bad press is coming soon for RH and LH? KWIM?

she's afraid.....very afraid (MOO)

would DA tell her attorney if GJury was scheduled ??

Apologize if this has been answered already, but is it normal for a victim impact statement before there is an indictment by a GJ?

I haven't heard of it before - it could be submitted, for consideration, but I don't think it has any bearing until there is a conviction. It was totally befuddling that it was released at all to the public at this time.

Again, I don't know how I feel about LH in all this but I do believe she is a victim because it was her baby that died, and while in her husbands care. Whether she was in on it, I really don't know but I'm leaning towards no. Her own husband caused a lot of grief to her and her family by committing this crime. If she really is innocence of this crime then I believe she is a victim, this has impacted her life. I do agree with some of the posters here that she actually was returning to work????? That is beyond me, it would take me time to go back to work, and even if I went back, you better believe that I'd be a emotion wreck, and not because of the media hounding me.

I haven't heard of it before - it could be submitted, for consideration, but I don't think it has any bearing until there is a conviction. It was totally befuddling that it was released at all to the public at this time.

Maybe she received a subpoena to testify before the GJ and her lawyer is going to fight it? Strange PR move.

Sorry for all the questions~

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/08/us/leanna-harris-victim-statement/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Her lawyer can't keep a straight face.

Where is the rest of the interview?

Was the interview just filmed for CNN.com?

Leanna Harris has not been charged, but her attorney, Lawrence Zimmerman, said Friday that "she is concerned that the district attorney's office may try to level a charge against her."

The article above has that quote from her lawyer, isn't that odd?? Why would he say in one breath that he doesn't think the DA will charge her because they mailed her this paper, and then this?

The article also says Cobb county has to send the paperwork to everyone, so Zimmerman saying he thinks it means the DA won't file charges doesn't make sense anyway. :gaah:

The article also says this:

"We are required by the Crime Victim's Bill of Rights to send those forms to all victims or a victim's next of kin," said Kim Isaza, spokeswoman for the Cobb County District Attorney's Office.

The impact statement asked for the addressee's relationship to the victim. Leanna wrote "self". Not ''mother". I don't think that she was required to fill it out at all, but she obviously wished to assert her "victimhood" with the help of her attorney's counsel. HER attorney then released it for MSM publication. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Her Orangeness