LEE Takes Memorial Away from Front of House

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The person who left the flowers, wanted to leave FLOWERS! Other people want to give a donation in the name of Caylee. This particular person wanted to spend their money on FLOWERS.

Never mind....maybe Lee will put the flowers in KC's room...in memory of KC. Her suffering. Her pain. Her sacrifice. That will make what he did all better. Heaven forbid that CA or GA are upset!

I agree. Also, people don't normally leave memorials on the lawns of the families of a decedent. This does not appear to me to be totally innocent on the part of all those placing the memorials. Given all the anger toward the family this smacks more of an "in your face" gesture to them. There are so many positive ways to remember Caylee. There are many children in need at this time. Many things someone with a good heart and real concern for children can do without placing material items on a grieving family's lawn. Yes, they have contributed greatly to the media circus/frenzy but there is still a dead child that I do believe that family loved, no matter how imperfectly.

I thought there was only one memorial. What is there about it that makes it appear 'not totally innocent' or 'in your face'? Just curious, maybe I am missing something here. :)

People are hurting. It is quite "normal" for those that want to show they care to place flowers where the child was last known to have been alive. It happens all the time. It's an expression that they care...plain and simple.

It's not normal to say "I think your granddaughter is dead and I want to memoralize her."
It's upsetting to the grandparents who have YET to accept her death.

I've seen a ton of makeshift memorials. I live in Philadelphia. I probably can't drive one day without seeeing one. Usually the ones on the Boulevard are related to car accidents. Last big one I saw was for a police officer shot on the street. I've seen them for babies, too. Never once did I see one where the person wasn't pronounced dead!
JoAnn_W

I have. It was an accident scene and it wasn't thought that the person would survive (they didn't).

Geraldo is coming on, anyone watching? I am very curious to see what he has uncovered from his sources. He is always so dramatic.....cant log onto the chat room, any suggestions?

And? LP was right...he obviously got his info from Jesse and/or whoever gave the statements to LE. Fact is, the rumor STARTED within his family.

SS is right. I'd hate for people to leave memorials on Suburban right now because it's an active crime scene and could hinder the good work that is being done. After LE leaves, the defense will take custody so leaving memorials may be a ways off, but the intention seems good.

The sad thing is that the flowers and memorials are for Caylee. Ignoring the gesture would have been kind to those who are heartbroken and wanted to express their sympathy for a life taken way too soon.

So are you saying that all these "people" that are heartbroken but didn't really know Caylee, their feelings are more important than the Grandparents feelings? Lee may have thought to remove them so his parents didn't have to face the memorial right now. I'm sure who ever left the memorial had good intentions but I think they should have asked permission first.

I thought there was only one memorial. What is there about it that makes it appear 'not totally innocent' or 'in your face'? Just curious, maybe I am missing something here. :)

The memorial was not just flowers...it was a cross too. So it clearly spoke to the death of Caylee as being a fact. Since this is so new and emotions are raw...some us us feel putting a cross out there now is premature and possibly just hit a raw nerve. Perhaps it was innocent...but there were also alot of nasty people showing up at the A's house over the last 5 months.

I was going to let this go until you said "for our entertainment". I haven't been here for days, weeks, and months on end for "entertainment" from the A fam. I did not ask them to entertain me in any way. I would have preferred it if they had stayed away from the media and our eyesight actually. :furious: I hope they will follow the advice of a decent attorney (providing they now have found one) and stay out of the public view entirely.

This family has been attacked and criticized because of their OWN words and actions. Actions just like what Lee did today. They appreciate nothing or no one...no matter what people's intentions are.

I have been here to find Caylee and to bring her justice. PERIOD!

You took the words right out of my mouth, SS. Great post.

I agree, it's horrible. I can totally understand Lee's anger. The public has attacked and criticized this family for months. While I understand that the memorial was meant as a sympathetic gesture, I'm sure it doesn't feel that way to the Anthonys. I wish people would just leave them alone and, even more, I wish the media would back off. It's unbelievable what these people have been put through for our entertainment.

You find this tragedy entertaining? :confused: :eek:

I believe, the memorials will be removed even when it's confirmed. In my opinion, it hasn't been about Caylee since the 911 calls and I (sadly) don't see that changing.

I saw Lee do that on TV, this family seems mad at the community for what has happened to Caylee, they should be mad at their daughter they are still in deniel and it may be a bit premature to be placing flowers and a cross but if/when she is positivily identifed I'm sure there will be a lot of flowers left at the house and this family should accept them as the community is showing their sympathy and support for them for loosing their grandaughter/niece.

The memorial was not just flowers...it was a cross too. So it clearly spoke to the death of Caylee as being a fact. Since this is so new and emotions are raw...some us us feel putting a cross out there now is premature and possibly just hit a raw nerve. Perhaps it was innocent...but there were also alot of nasty people showing up at the A's house over the last 5 months.

The Anthonys are NASTY people.

I don't think anyone things this tragedy is "entertaining" like a musical or a magic act. But it there is a high degree of interest and attraction to this case. I think the media often finds it to be entertainment - and it certainly helps their ratings. I think ChillyWilly was just trying to say that the family has been put through alot just so we can all be kept in touch with all facets of the case....mainly because we are interested, and the media knows that. It is "entertainment" only to the extent that it is what many of us choose to follow in our spare time...perhaps even to an obsessive level at some times!

You know that. I know that. But I'm not sure the Anthony family shares the same belief.

I was disturbed at seeing one of Casey's jail interviews in which she was crying about Caylee being her baby, and also her mother's baby, and her dad's, and that "everyone should have their time" - as if Caylee was some kind of family possession to be shared among them instead of a little individual to be loved and nurtured. It really creeped me out.

That was creepy.........my 12 year old said when he heard it "what was she a new car or something to share?"

Geraldo is coming on, anyone watching? I am very curious to see what he has uncovered from his sources. He is always so dramatic.....cant log onto the chat room, any suggestions?
There's a thread for his show, discussion begins at show time.

This whole scene has turned into the Anthony's Cash Cow. They are milking a book or movie deal . They MUST be in the spotlight.The Anthony's behavior is outrageous. Just like when Cindy and George showed up at the search sight where Milstead (kidfinder) to discourage a memorial service for Caylee, It was all for show..Padila bailed their daughter out, you mean to tell me they didn't have his cell number.
Lee, did all of this for show. He was probably mad because He didn't get to stay at the Ritz .
Cindy and George know Casey did it or they would be there with her. The news said she didn't ask nor did she receive any calls. How telling is that.
Now to stay in the spotlight, they will rally around Casey, Zenida did it ,,Casey is innocent...its just goes on and on.
Where are the getting all the money?? No one works anymore??
Cindy was constantly remarking that she hadn't slept or ate since this whole thing started, but they get the news , and can eat and sleep at the Ritz. They have no heart
In my opinion they are milking this sad situation and taking advantage of everyone's pity.They seem to show no appreciation for all the help they were luck to get in the search for Caylee.
I hope the new evidence reeks of the killer and removes all shadow of doubt about how, when and where this little angel died.

Maybe this has been discussed before but where are the relatives? Doesn't this family have any aunts, cousins, friends? Very few people have come on TV to support them or say they're good, honest, hardworking people. I almost get the impression that they are loners and like it that way. Or have they driven people away?

You can't really know that though. With many of the nuts that show up at that house, there are many that would do it to hurt the Anthony's or rub it in their face. I would LIKE to think it was innocent, but we may never know. Once again, it still was premature and should not have been placed at that location - at least at this time.

Most likely it was one of their neighbors who put it there. They are so grotesque and uncouth in their behaviors, I hope no one else even gives them anything.

They sure did not have any trouble taking all that money and the hundreds of gift cards people sent, but they didn't have the common courtesy to even write a thank you note and threw away all the sympathetic letters sent with the donations. They ONLY want money............it that had money attached, I bet they would have grabbed it and run.

So do you think the cross that Casey wore while she was out on bond was a memorial too?

Okay, 8 pages concerning Lee removing flowers. Someone please explain to me why this is so huge? I understand hyper feelings concerning this family. I get why some have some real issues with the family. But, fer goodness sakes, all Lee did was remove flowers that obviously was an issue for him. For his reasons. Given the circumstances over the last couple days, I do not see how this defines Lee as a whole. And, why should he be concerned about the feelings of total strangers who left flowers. On the curb. Not even on the family property. :rolleyes: So, what's the big deal??? I truly do not understand it...

up to 14 pages, IMO because it's the first reaction from the family and as someone said a few pages up( sorry don't remember who) this site has two "where is Lee?" threads. emotions high, just a guess.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beckycott