Lee's Investigative Binder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IF they put LA on the stand to explain this "binder", the State can/will cross examine, correct? During that process, would KC's story to at least some degree be told? It's my suspicion it would be with a "twist' because it comes from her brother who did state at one point in time that he believed whatever his sister told him. After all this time though, he may have opted to go with his gut feelings and take up his niece's crusade in finding out who actually did this to her and actually know "why". DT, be careful what you ask for?

BBM. He was also quoted saying something to the effect that he didn't know why his sister lied, that he thought sometimes she lied just to lie. That statement could be used to undermine his "I believe everything my sister tells me" BS.

BBM. He was also quoted saying something to the effect that he didn't know why his sister lied, that he thought sometimes she lied just to lie. That statement could be used to undermine his "I believe everything my sister tells me" BS.

My impression of Lee's statement of "I believe everything my sister tells me" when he did his last testimony, was that he made in statement as the ultimate sarcasm. I was not surprised that initially he began his investigation hoping his sister was innocent, but it is now apparent that was a very brief moment.

It also casts a different light on the LE statement" Lee knows what he has done" because it was beginning to look like he did in some ways cooperate with the LE.

Lee didn't even believe the "I believe everything she tells me" statement-He told Morgan & Morgan something to the effect of 'if you are trying to get someone to tell you something, you have to take what they tell you and work from that' He also mentioned that he could not take the "you had something to do with this" questioning route with her, because she was resistant, he would not get anywhere. He kept saying it was about finding Caylee, so my guess, just my guess, is that he knew KC had something to do with it and he was beyond that, he just wanted to get to Caylee no matter what happened.
Also, not sure if Lee can be put on the stand by the defense, he is a state witness. Dunno how both can call him, though maybe they can if they have a specific line of questioning that requires that. The lawyers could answer my thoughts better on that...

I highly doubt that katydid23. I'm more inclined to believe they are his notes from his own investigation trying to piece together the events surrounding his niece. Lee did a taped interview in the car with AL, so he was cooperating with them from the beginning. IIRC, he also displayed doubt in some of KC's details both in his depo of his convo with his sister before the police responded and in the jailhouse tape when he visited her. He knows his sister probably better than anyone. Whatever is in this binder, must be minimal at best as any help to the defense side, otherwise, they wouldn't have waited 2.5 years before turning this over into discovery. I mean.....talk about the last minute!

BBM

Baznme, wasn't it AL who was cooperating with LE and taping Lee in the car?

I am curious to know when this binder was handed over to JB...Did LA hand this over to Baez after his "break-up" with LE?
If so, and I try to give him the benefit of the doubt, perhaps because he felt all of his hard work to find Caylee was no longer being taken seriously by LE? (ie, they were looking more at Casey than in finding Caylee)...I know, I know, we don't like that idea, but I understand in a way: you're doing all this with my sister, meanwhile my niece has not been found and KC ain't helping-There has to be something else you guys can do outside of dealing with Casey.
After all, this seemed to be the way, from the beginning, that Lee felt this was going to have to be dealt with-LE knew the answers had to come from KC-Lee knew, from a lifetime of experience, the answers weren't going to come from KC, he felt strongly that LE had to work this case differently. This is the sister that, when obviously pregnant, totally denied it to Lee. He does not forget her lying tactics and Lee knew she'd walk to the end of that proverbial hall.
Or, maybe I should consider something darker-That the binder was handed over prior to the seperation, and this is what lead LE/the state to get ticked at Lee and start asking KC's friends if Lee was probing-Lee was syphoning to Baez all along?
But then, Baez did promise that he would help find Caylee, Baez did hire the PI that they were working with. Is it impossible that JB was a snake charmer? Cindy, gimme the recipts since evil LE won't take them? Give them to me Cindy and I'll use them to find Caylee?
The problem with considering that Lee can be implicated in any of this is the seemingly good relationship he still has with the state, a cordial and non-confrontational "business" relationship. I still want to believe that the issues between LA and LE arose from him talking to people that were going to be witnesses, digging too deep, keeping some things too close to the vest (like the JB Park story), but in the end, I don't think LE found that LA's motives were to cover up. And if they believed he had a hand in the murder, especially back in 2008, I have no doubt they would have put him in the slammer, too.

She really does fancy herself as some kind of celebrity here, doesn't she?

Hahahah. Remember KathiB in her face asking her as she was swinging her hips...why are you walking like that?

..looking for lee's "binder", in interviews/depos..

..according to his state depo-----the only mention of binders is when he tells LDB that he had a couple of kc's case binders at his place for the longest time---finally dropped them off to his parent's garage, along with the b.a.t. phone that was in that box ( and he doesn't know what became of any of that.)

..civil depo:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library/CMA/depos/lanthonycivildepo022709.pdf

( they had been talking about zenaida's extended imagi-family.
.. lee says he got a lot of info on that dynamic from cindy..)

( i presume that his "notes", are his binder?)

Q- Did you ever take any notes yourself?
A-About that specifically?
Q- About anything.

A-oh, absolutely.
Q-Where are those notes?

A-They're either under my attorney -- you know,
they're either with my attorney. They're with law
enforcement.

Q So your attorney has the notes?
A Like it would either be law enforcement or,
exactly.

MR. MITNIK: Do you have a copy of them?
MR. LUKA: I don't have the notes.
MR. MORGAN: You don't have the notes?
MR. LUKA: They're in law -- they, they were
provided to law enforcement.

MR. MITNIK: You -- did you keep a copy of
them?
THE WITNESS: I'm sorry?
MR. MITNIK: Did you keep a copy?

MR. LUKA: Did you keep a copy of those notes?
THE WITNESS: Yeah, the original.

MR. MITNIK: okay. will you save them and
preserve them? You won't get rid of them?
THE WITNESS: I -- of course, yeah.

MR. MITNIK: Thank you. 'Cause we're going to
be subpoenaing those. Do you have a problem giving
them to us?
THE WITNESS: I don't. I don't see why.

MR. MORGAN: I don't think so. That's -- hey,
the truth is the truth.
THE WITNESS: I mean, and it's stuff that
what she said on, on tapes, you know, video
visitation recording. It's the same information
so --

BY MR. MORGAN:
And your mom's been keeping notes, too?
A-oh, yeah. I mean, we've all been doing it.

I believe that initially when LE went to the house to look for "notebooks" or notes, what they were really looking for was the inmate's diary. They were obviously told she kept one by somebody- possibly LA?

I am curious to know when this binder was handed over to JB...Did LA hand this over to Baez after his "break-up" with LE?
If so, and I try to give him the benefit of the doubt, perhaps because he felt all of his hard work to find Caylee was no longer being taken seriously by LE? (ie, they were looking more at Casey than in finding Caylee)...I know, I know, we don't like that idea, but I understand in a way: you're doing all this with my sister, meanwhile my niece has not been found and KC ain't helping-There has to be something else you guys can do outside of dealing with Casey.
After all, this seemed to be the way, from the beginning, that Lee felt this was going to have to be dealt with-LE knew the answers had to come from KC-Lee knew, from a lifetime of experience, the answers weren't going to come from KC, he felt strongly that LE had to work this case differently. This is the sister that, when obviously pregnant, totally denied it to Lee. He does not forget her lying tactics and Lee knew she'd walk to the end of that proverbial hall.
Or, maybe I should consider something darker-That the binder was handed over prior to the seperation, and this is what lead LE/the state to get ticked at Lee and start asking KC's friends if Lee was probing-Lee was syphoning to Baez all along?
But then, Baez did promise that he would help find Caylee, Baez did hire the PI that they were working with. Is it impossible that JB was a snake charmer? Cindy, gimme the recipts since evil LE won't take them? Give them to me Cindy and I'll use them to find Caylee?
The problem with considering that Lee can be implicated in any of this is the seemingly good relationship he still has with the state, a cordial and non-confrontational "business" relationship. I still want to believe that the issues between LA and LE arose from him talking to people that were going to be witnesses, digging too deep, keeping some things too close to the vest (like the JB Park story), but in the end, I don't think LE found that LA's motives were to cover up. And if they believed he had a hand in the murder, especially back in 2008, I have no doubt they would have put him in the slammer, too.

I totally agree with your thinking here.

The DT is trying desperately to get everyones attention off the stain in the trunk and the horrid smell - sooooo
release the notebook ........... I am positive there will be more as more sensitive
topics come into focus from the Pros's .

Cue the circus music ..... line up the elephants !

I agree. Ooh, look over here! A shiny binder that once belonged to Lee!

I wonder if when Ashton saw this, what his reaction was. I bet he didn't know whether to laugh or cry or throw it against the wall in anger. I bet it had nothing in it of substantive value either. I bet it will come up briefly in the status hearing this week just so HHJP can throw it out. What nonsense by the defense. Like anyone would believe that they kept it locked up in pristine condition for two years before handing it over. *huge eyeroll*

And what is it with the A's and binders? I hate to break it to them, but it doesn't make them more important, just more foolish. Sheesh. I bet Cindy had binder full of WS stuff. We know she was printing stuff out from here at one time.

I wonder how many binders the DT currently has for their own information (you know they do!). I bet they're color coded by Baez himself too. :floorlaugh:

Hahahah. Remember KathiB in her face asking her as she was swinging her hips...why are you walking like that?

Lol! Ya gotta love KB! She's one of us!

:woohoo:

I flip flop about LA. There are times when I see him as the black sheep of the A family (in a good way for Caylee) and then there are times when I wonder if anybody in that family has fallen faraway from the oak tree to escape being screwed up monumentally.

Perhaps he really is on Caylee's side. I do remember at the funeral with all his creepy CMA stuff and kissing the bracelet how weird and uncomfortable that was to watch. But looking back, perhaps it was a clever thing to have done: maybe it was a very deliberate attempt to let his family AND the inmate continue to think in their own demented way that he was on their side, while staying true to his own feelings for Caylee in attempt to possibly have the imate and the parents continue to confide in him for the greater good of the case.

His laughing in court on his last appearance I distinctly remember that he was asked an obvious nonsense sort of a question, and he basically chuckled and answered. When he did that, all of a sudden I saw a person who was sort of incredulous and sarcastic at the dumbness going on all around him, rather than somebody who was arrogant or loving his newfound celebrity. Since that question, I've begun to think differently about him. I'm beginning to believe in earnest that maybe, just maybe, he's the one lone person in that family with a bit of common sense and with crossed fingers, perhaps the buck will finally stop with him.

I highly doubt that katydid23. I'm more inclined to believe they are his notes from his own investigation trying to piece together the events surrounding his niece. Lee did a taped interview in the car with AL, so he was cooperating with them from the beginning. IIRC, he also displayed doubt in some of KC's details both in his depo of his convo with his sister before the police responded and in the jailhouse tape when he visited her. He knows his sister probably better than anyone. Whatever is in this binder, must be minimal at best as any help to the defense side, otherwise, they wouldn't have waited 2.5 years before turning this over into discovery. I mean.....talk about the last minute!

BBM

Baznme, wasn't it AL who was cooperating with LE and taping Lee in the car?

:yes: :yes:

It was Tony L that was cooperating with LE.
Tony told LE that there was a planned meeting with Lee
Tony L agreed to let LE wire him and record the meeting with Lee.

I flip flop about LA. There are times when I see him as the black sheep of the A family (in a good way for Caylee) and then there are times when I wonder if anybody in that family has fallen faraway from the oak tree to escape being screwed up monumentally.

Perhaps he really is on Caylee's side. I do remember at the funeral with all his creepy CMA stuff and kissing the bracelet how weird and uncomfortable that was to watch. But looking back, perhaps it was a clever thing to have done: maybe it was a very deliberate attempt to let his family AND the inmate continue to think in their own demented way that he was on their side, while staying true to his own feelings for Caylee in attempt to possibly have the imate and the parents continue to confide in him for the greater good of the case.

His laughing in court on his last appearance I distinctly remember that he was asked an obvious nonsense sort of a question, and he basically chuckled and answered. When he did that, all of a sudden I saw a person who was sort of incredulous and sarcastic at the dumbness going on all around him, rather than somebody who was arrogant or loving his newfound celebrity. Since that question, I've begun to think differently about him. I'm beginning to believe in earnest that maybe, just maybe, he's the one lone person in that family with a bit of common sense and with crossed fingers, perhaps the buck will finally stop with him.

Missm... from your mouth to gods ears, I hope you are right. CA and GA certainly aren't going to be the ones to do it for Caylee, that's for sure. Some one... someone has got to do it for this sweet baby. My heart will be broken for her not only in her death but for her life if not one person she loved or trusted tells the truth for her, in regards to her mother, and the truth of what happened to her, and how at every turn her family failed her (sigh... along with some tears).

Can anyone just imagine the content of Lee's Investigative Binder? A binder that started out as " Lee's Find Missing Caylee Investigative Binder to what shortly turned into " Lee's SODDI Investigative Binder ".

Personal note " find Caylee no matter what "!

Subject Statis Result

Find Nanny ghost Casey lied

see Tone found Casey lied

see AH found Casey lied

see JG found Casey lied

Jeff ghost Casey lied

Juliette ghost " "

Personal note........I'm soooooooo tired of this " just want to go home " !

I agree. Ooh, look over here! A shiny binder that once belonged to Lee!

I wonder if when Ashton saw this, what his reaction was. I bet he didn't know whether to laugh or cry or throw it against the wall in anger. I bet it had nothing in it of substantive value either. I bet it will come up briefly in the status hearing this week just so HHJP can throw it out. What nonsense by the defense. Like anyone would believe that they kept it locked up in pristine condition for two years before handing it over. *huge eyeroll*

And what is it with the A's and binders? I hate to break it to them, but it doesn't make them more important, just more foolish. Sheesh. I bet Cindy had binder full of WS stuff. We know she was printing stuff out from here at one time.

I wonder how many binders the DT currently has for their own information (you know they do!). I bet they're color coded by Baez himself too. :floorlaugh:

BBM. And you know someone, somewhere is STILL keeping the binders up to date with the current info. It's just so nice that WS has a very dedicated staff who has made this information so easy to locate. It's just too bad it doesn't match the infamous color-code Baez system, which must be causing the DT (and the other binder holders) some distress. Plus once printed out and the unpaid intern has to 3-hole punch all of that paper, more confusion no doubt ensues.

I will never look at a binder, any binder the same way again. Nor will I ever color code my files again (on purpose anyway).

Another thought: Didn't the Anthony clan ever even think that all that stuff they toted around in their binders could be taken from them at any time? Did they not even realize their every move, phone call, computers COULD have been being monitored? I think LA must have been thinking along those lines at some point. JMO.

Can anyone just imagine the content of Lee's Investigative Binder? A binder that started out as " Lee's Find Missing Caylee Investigative Binder to what shortly turned into " Lee's SODDI Investigative Binder ".

Personal note " find Caylee no matter what "!

Subject Statis Result

Find Nanny ghost Casey lied

see Tone found Casey lied

see AH found Casey lied

see JG found Casey lied

Jeff ghost Casey lied

Juliette ghost " "

Personal note........I'm soooooooo tired of this " just want to go home " !

You read my mind, :crazy: That's what I was thinking! LoL

But, remember, they were all paranoid about the house and phones being bugged ie, going in the bathroom, running water or going out on the back porch so they wouldn't be overheard. All of them using bat phones.

Wouldn't it be funny if the binders all contained personal notes to each other, staging their so called "plan!" That would be a "hoot" to see how well they thought their plan was working. Oh, I bet DC has a huge binder too!

We know they were doing that at first because of "trash lady" that stole their garbage. We saw some of the notes and it was believed she turned some over to LE.

I have always remembered RichardG's thoughts about Lee-That he was a good kid that did not get emotionally nurtured, especially by his father.

My own brother has a sort of cynical, realist sarcasm about life and peoples' behavior-Such a straight shooter he finds it laughable when people try to sugar coat, you don't get mich by him. I think Lee's the same way.

On the other hand, Lee does have a boundary not too unfamiliar to many of us....that is, HE can criticize his family, but it is difficult to take incoming criticism from outsiders in heavy doses. 'Yeah, mom and dad are nutty, but they mean well. Yeah, my sister is a liar, but you guys should have figured that out a while ago and I don't know why you kept :deadhorse: '

This binder, IMO, is nothing more than we already know. If it contained any bombshells, I believe it would have been revealed by Lee himself to LE, at least during their working relationship. To me, this binder became nothing more than a brochure for JB to peruse, in the event their is anything he can use. Might have been a bad idea for LA/CA to share any notes with JB, cause he might even use something they wrote against them.

..looking for lee's "binder", in interviews/depos..

..according to his state depo-----the only mention of binders is when he tells LDB that he had a couple of kc's case binders at his place for the longest time---finally dropped them off to his parent's garage, along with the b.a.t. phone that was in that box ( and he doesn't know what became of any of that.)

..civil depo:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library/CMA/depos/lanthonycivildepo022709.pdf

( they had been talking about zenaida's extended imagi-family.
.. lee says he got a lot of info on that dynamic from cindy..)

( i presume that his "notes", are his binder?)

Q- Did you ever take any notes yourself?
A-About that specifically?
Q- About anything.

A-oh, absolutely.
Q-Where are those notes?

A-They're either under my attorney -- you know,
they're either with my attorney. They're with law
enforcement.

Q So your attorney has the notes?
A Like it would either be law enforcement or,
exactly.

MR. MITNIK: Do you have a copy of them?
MR. LUKA: I don't have the notes.
MR. MORGAN: You don't have the notes?
MR. LUKA: They're in law -- they, they were
provided to law enforcement.

MR. MITNIK: You -- did you keep a copy of
them?
THE WITNESS: I'm sorry?
MR. MITNIK: Did you keep a copy?

MR. LUKA: Did you keep a copy of those notes?
THE WITNESS: Yeah, the original.

MR. MITNIK: okay. will you save them and
preserve them? You won't get rid of them?
THE WITNESS: I -- of course, yeah.

MR. MITNIK: Thank you. 'Cause we're going to
be subpoenaing those. Do you have a problem giving
them to us?
THE WITNESS: I don't. I don't see why.

MR. MORGAN: I don't think so. That's -- hey,
the truth is the truth.
THE WITNESS: I mean, and it's stuff that
what she said on, on tapes, you know, video
visitation recording. It's the same information
so --

BY MR. MORGAN:
And your mom's been keeping notes, too?
A-oh, yeah. I mean, we've all been doing it.

Thanks Lauriej

bbm

Lee is asked if he took notes he answered Yes.

Then Lee is asked where the notes are and he replies he does not have them ..that his lawyer or law enforcement does..(his lawyer replies he does not have them)

Finally, Lee is asked if he kept a copy of the notes he says "Yeah..The Original"

:waitasec: Lee lied under oath? Looks like he did until the question was asked again then the truth was told.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back