Legendary Artist Prince Found Dead at 57 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince - A Purple Reign - 2011 TV Documentary (Part 1)
[video=youtube;bDT7EaQ4IXU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDT7EaQ4IXU[/video]

Posting quietly - don't want to awaken the Web Sheriff!

This is a 4 part BBC Documentary - The link on you tube will automatically take you through all segments.

It's a good synopsis of his beginnings and career thru 2011 - I came away with a better understanding of what his artistic issues were with his record label. He was so prolific no one could keep up! And he didn't want to fit into the mold of 2 year album release and promotion schedules - when he was already 3 albums down the road... .

It's just blowing my mind that the law enforcement guy said they wouldn't be publishing any info (cause of death) on Friday (last), but ​also won't be speaking out this week.

How would he he know that this upcoming week won't reveal enough info to announce? I can understand saying "we have nothing for you today', but the "not next week either" part. That's weird, IYAM. But then this death and its circumstances are weird. Age 57 in an elevator alone (presumably) in a huge compound...

I think it was US Magazine that quoted the LE source.

I was not that familiar wth Prince until after his death. He was a kick!! I have really enjoyed all the videos everyone has posted. Thank you!! Just so you really think I am crazy, I discovered Freddie Mercury last year and cried and cried reading several books about him. I wish I could have been more aware when I was a teen.

Queen is my all time favorite ..,I cried buckets over Freddie ...:-(

It's just blowing my mind that the law enforcement guy said they wouldn't be publishing any info (cause of death) on Friday (last), but ​also won't be speaking out this week.

How would he he know that this upcoming week won't reveal enough info to announce? I can understand saying "we have nothing for you today', but the "not next week either" part. That's weird, IYAM. But then this death and its circumstances are weird. Age 57 in an elevator alone (presumably) in a huge compound...

I think it was US Magazine that quoted the LE source.

I found that strange as well..however if US were a credible source Jennifer Anniston would have a houseful of kids by now ...

Conrad Murray Offers Advice for Prince's Doctor, Says Michael Jackson Didn't Like 'Purple Rain' Singer

by Inside Edition 4:04 PM EDT, May 16, 2016

Michael Jackson's doctor is breaking his silence — and he's dishing advice to Prince's doctor.

"I would say clearly he needs an attorney and a good one," Dr. Conrad Murray said in an interview with Inside Edition that will air in full on Tuesday. "We have what we call 'regular justice' and 'celebrity justice.'"

Dr. Murray served two years in jail for the involuntary manslaughter of Jackson, who died from an overdose of propofol, a surgical anesthetic, in June 2009...

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...michael-jackson-didnt-like-purple-rain-singer

Those Jay Leno links posted above are ADORABLE. Prince was a cutie, and charming, and funny.
Thank you for posting!!

So.... Anyone else still crying ?

I am sort of grimly okay for most of the time, but then I get really down for totally random reasons.

I'm not a great one for tears although i did have a mega blubfest listening to Purple Rain not long after Prince died.

In general I have just been really sad about it, with that bruised feeling in my chest. Not all the time - but far more than I would have anticipated. It's not as if I lived and breathed Prince - i just thought he was really cool, knew he was the best live act I had seen or was ever likely to see in my lifetime and liked to think of him in Paisley Park or on tour doing his thing and being funky even if I wasn't there to witness it.

Today was a weird one.

I love House music to dance to and I heard a track I really like which I downloaded on my iPOD. I was driving along in the car bopping away as it is a really euphoric joyful tune and then something about the words in the chorus struck me:

Your sunshine
Your sunshine
Your sunshine
Shining down

And I just thought the sun is never going to shine down on Prince again (not in this realm anyway) and I felt unutterably sad and quite tearful.

Prince - Live at Montreux 2009 - Show 2

[video=youtube;IsE_1D4DjrI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsE_1D4DjrI[/video]

Wow, before this gets blocked… People keep uploading great Prince Performances on you tube – What a show. He’s got some serious Jazz chops. I think he may at the consummate peak of all his powers here - simple stage, giant show. -There’s just no one like him. Greatness has come and gone - think it takes a while for that to even register.

Prince - Live at Montreux 2009 - Show 2

[video=youtube;IsE_1D4DjrI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsE_1D4DjrI[/video]

Wow, before this gets blocked… People keep uploading great Prince Performances on you tube – What a show. He’s got some serious Jazz chops. I think he may at the consummate peak of all his powers here - simple stage, giant show. -There’s just no one like him. Greatness has come and gone - think it takes a while for that to even register.
Yes, its incredibly sad. I can't get past the fact that he was cremated just two days after he was found. Like Poof! He's gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I am two years older than Prince (b. ‘56), and from a musical family, too; I grew up in NJ (equidistant to NYC & Philly) and I had access to every musical genre back then in the 70's & 80's; Classical, R&B, Rock, Funk (big time), Disco, Jazz, Latin Jazz, & Punk Rock on the radio - in clubs, small, really beautiful venues, then bigger venues, and then stadiums in the 80’s. It was a wild, wonderful and progressive time.

So, the 70’s and 80’s defined a couple of generations and the east coast hub was party and music central, (to say the least, LOL). -Oh no, don’t think we are going to see that again in my lifetime anyway!

For Prince, where he grew up in the 70’s, in Minneapolis; there was no radio station access to varied contemporary music in Minnesota… So what happened is kind of a mystery?

What makes Prince’s story extraordinary is that in staying in Minnesota, he took it in at his own pace; let the genius rip without any interference (IMO). -It worked. And, he created his own sound, the Minneapolis sound, and fame, and prodigy, and life!!

The protecting “the genius” was not lost on Prince. I think he knew he was a genius.

-But there is the isolation of Paisley Park which I think we all feel… Is that how he wanted it? Maybe it betrayed him in the end, I sure hope not…

So.... Anyone else still crying ?
Yes, cubbeegirl, I'm one of those who are still crying. There will never be another like him. I had a mean boyfriend in the 80s ...and an even meaner husband in the 90s. The abuse made me mean and despairing; but I danced to Prince music and found it healing. Because of Prince, I remember those decades as happy ones despite the interference of the two misogynists who thought they had divine entitlement to change me for their own respective convenience.
He was so cute and sassy and sexy as my fellow sleuthers have said. He was also a beautiful boy-man. I think it was this child-like quality that facilitated his art. Yes, I call him a genius,too...one of the most darling geniuses that I've ever known of.
It feels so wrong that he's gone..so, so wrong

I am two years older than Prince (b. ‘56), and from a musical family, too; I grew up in NJ (equidistant to NYC & Philly) and I had access to every musical genre back then in the 70's & 80's; Classical, R&B, Rock, Funk (big time), Disco, Jazz, Latin Jazz, & Punk Rock on the radio - in clubs, small, really beautiful venues, then bigger venues, and then stadiums in the 80’s. It was a wild, wonderful and progressive time.

So, the 70’s and 80’s defined a couple of generations and the east coast hub was party and music central, (to say the least, LOL). -Oh no, don’t think we are going to see that again in my lifetime anyway!

For Prince, where he grew up in the 70’s, in Minneapolis; there was no radio station access to varied contemporary music in Minnesota… So what happened is kind of a mystery?

What makes Prince’s story extraordinary is that in staying in Minnesota, he took it in at his own pace; let the genius rip without any interference (IMO). -It worked. And, he created his own sound, the Minneapolis sound, and fame, and prodigy, and life!!

The protecting “the genius” was not lost on Prince. I think he knew he was a genius.

-But there is the isolation of Paisley Park which I think we all feel… Is that how he wanted it? Maybe it betrayed him in the end, I sure hope not…
I was also born in 56! But in Los Angeles County. Grew up in the Valley. Jim Morrison was my idol growing up. A lyrical genius. I loved Princes music first time I heard it. Its got that same raw sex appeal as the Doors music IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I grew up in Minneapolis. It's way more culturally active than you are giving credit for.

For example, Minneapolis has more theaters (as in theaters for theatrical performances, not movies) per capita than NYC and Minneapolis supports its theater industry on its own, not from tourists. Prince ushered in the "Minneapolis sound," no doubt about that, but he did so in a place that supported the arts, all the arts.

It's a great city for arts, sports, education, outdoor life ....I love my hometown (as did Prince).

Prince: Hunting for the secret vault at Paisley Park - BBC News

[video=youtube;zu273pvAd_w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu273pvAd_w[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members