Letter to Publix - can you think of anyone else?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I called the Orlando Health Dept, which referred me to enviromental health. I talked with a very nice gentleman there. He told me to call Walgreen & CVS Dist centers. He said both of those are great about donating to non profit and he said TES had been in the news a lot and they were very well thought of. I did call both places but they do close at 4p so I will try tomorrow. I was trying to find an 800 number for Purell and have not been able to find it.

Let me know where else I can call. Being in NC I dont have a clue what all is there. I will be happy to do it.

I work for CVS as a shift supervisor and I was going to suggest calling them. They are excellent about donating to causes. Did you call the cooperate office number 1-800-shop-cvs?

I work for CVS as a shift supervisor and I was going to suggest calling them. They are excellent about donating to causes. Did you call the cooperate office number 1-800-shop-cvs?

NO but I can or would you rather call since you work for them? Just let me know. :)

NO but I can or would you rather call since you work for them? Just let me know. :)

You can go ahead and call Lele. I think if too many people start calling, things will get confusing. Best to keep something like this to one or two people. Do you want me to PM you a name to try and get in touch with? Not sure I can post it here.

I know that Orange Juice was requested. What about contacting Minute Maid or Tropicana for a donation? Possibly?

I received a rejection Email from Costco Corporate. If somebody near Orlando has a Costco card, it would probably be better to ask your local store for donatiuons.

Companies contacted:

Publix Corporate
Dominos Corporate
Subway Corporate
Sam’s Club Corporate==they replied to contact local Sam's. I'm not local, can somebody do this?
Costco Corporate
Publix, Orlando East
Frito Lay
You did good!!! thank you.

I know that Orange Juice was requested. What about contacting Minute Maid or Tropicana for a donation? Possibly?

I can call them if no one else has. I have my list & am working on it. I hope we great results for such a great cause. Not everyone has money to give right now, but I am sure there are so many other ways we can help. Anyone else making calls??

Just wondering what the latest is on the donations. Kathleen

Not so great. So many of the businesses donated last time and that's what they're telling me when I call. Here's what I got so far.

$25.00 gift car from Walmart, a gift cert. from Winn Dixie, a $20.00 gift card from Albertson's. Still waiting to hear from Sysco and BJ's. They never called back.

Just wondering what the latest is on the donations. Kathleen

:mad::mad: Not so good here either. I am still waiting to hear from a couple places ( Walgreens, Lowes, Krispy Kreme.) Purell said a big fat no, they get to many request, same thing at Tropicana & Minute Maid.

I think many companies are tapped out & still have things they do for Christmas. I am just hoping once Tim gets into town, donations will start pouring in from the Orlando area.

I got a NO from Chick fil A corporate today.

I hear ya Gram2. I got the same thing today. We don't need them. We can bring our own. It's tough times for everyone I guess. We tried though.

I womder if they're tired of the Anthony's attitude and don't want to help anymore? I know I'd like to slap the crap out of CA.

I womder if they're tired of the Anthony's attitude and don't want to help anymore? I know I'd like to slap the crap out of CA.

Yeah......I'm getting the feeling they don't want to be involved in any way.

This is very disheartening. First off, all products in the grocery stores have increased in price as a result of the "gas" situation. That's resolved. Unfortunately for the consumer, once the price is a "sticky" it rarely comes back down. :mad:

So, cost of transportation has decreased for them, resulting in more $$$ for them and they can't/won't donate?

This isn't about CA! It's about Caylee and Tim's search for her body to bring her home!

I've been a faithful Costco supporter and regularly buy both Minute Maid and Tropicana orange juices (two different tastes in the house). That ceases now. I won't drive more than 30 miles to support a store that won't help, nor will I buy products from those who won't help.

This lack of support is outrageous and unconscienable, especially in their own communities.

Kudo's who those that gave generously and those working on getting the other donations. I wish I had more to suggest, more I could do. I don't know any of the local halls (VFW, etc.) or local chefs or local wholesalers to even know who to contact to find out if they are interested in donating time and skills and food and space to feed the volunteers. :(

Just sign me outraged and disheartened. :(

</rant> Sorry. Some things just chap my hide.

This is very disheartening. First off, all products in the grocery stores have increased in price as a result of the "gas" situation. That's resolved. Unfortunately for the consumer, once the price is a "sticky" it rarely comes back down. :mad:

So, cost of transportation has decreased for them, resulting in more $$$ for them and they can't/won't donate?

This isn't about CA! It's about Caylee and Tim's search for her body to bring her home!

I've been a faithful Costco supporter and regularly buy both Minute Maid and Tropicana orange juices (two different tastes in the house). That ceases now. I won't drive more than 30 miles to support a store that won't help, nor will I buy products from those who won't help.

This lack of support is outrageous and unconscienable, especially in their own communities.

Kudo's who those that gave generously and those working on getting the other donations. I wish I had more to suggest, more I could do. I don't know any of the local halls (VFW, etc.) or local chefs or local wholesalers to even know who to contact to find out if they are interested in donating time and skills and food and space to feed the volunteers. :(

I just want to say that it is probably not personal.

A lot of times these companies have a store policy to only help with libraries, schools and public charities, and they can't change the policy just because a 3 year old is missing.

Perhaps finding some charity involved to ask would help get some donations.

My list consists of BJ's, Costco, Purell, Chil-Filet. They don't have a thing I would ever want bad enough from here on in. I even explained there were going to be several thousand people in town that weekend spending money in their stores. Didn't make any difference.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back