LHP's Book Preview

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi, LP, nice to see you posting again, albeit we're on the opposing sides of this case. :)

I didn't see that comparison of writing content, only the submission of one chapter at a time to a publisher. JMO, though. I think LHP was 'had' in this instance, due to her being naive. I surely dont wish LHP ill.....(and yes, I think her first chapter draft could have been written better. It's still up for graps as why the content is written this way. The message is there, though, and shouldn't be dimissed due to technicalities of style, IMO.

I don't know that naive is what I'd assign to LHP. Easily manipulated, money grubbing, uneducated...but probably not naive.

(Nice to see you, too, imon. Funny how we'uns show up on these forums about this case, isn't it! :) )

LovelyPigeon said:
I don't know that naive is what I'd assign to LHP. Easily manipulated, money grubbing, uneducated...but probably not naive.

(Nice to see you, too, imon. Funny how we'uns show up on these forums about this case, isn't it! :) )

I should have stated that more clearly. LHP is naive about some worldly things such as 'book writing', IMO.

:truce:

That's clear! And I can agree. Book writing is something LHP appears to be horribly naive about!

LovelyPigeon said:
That's clear! And I can agree. Book writing is something LHP appears to be horribly naive about!

On this we definetely agree LP :) Not her strong suit, nor Darnay's or whoever wrote that chapter.

But I must add my :twocents: here. Most people who are "uneducated" are far from naive. It has been my experience knowing both educated and uneducated people, rich and poor people, not necessarily respectively, that naive is the one thing that uneducated people are NOT in most areas. They are the people who are street wise and people wise (usually)

Having said that, the stereotypical response to "uneducated" "hired help" and all the other "labels" that some choose to place on those in menial BUT HONEST jobs is that they are sleezy, loose moraled people. That is why much to the contrary of remarks around the forum like:

Yeah, Patsy would never discuss personal business with the "hired help"
No way would Patsy discuss sex with the maid
Patsy would never talk about such things with LHP

I have to disagree. The hired help if you will, is exactly the type of person someone of Patsy's status would discuss those types of things with. People in the upper crust of society very often really believe that the lower crust have the answers to those sorts of subjects. After all, someone of LHP's low class status (to some) should know better than most about BJ's and lust.

Now having also said that, I don't know nor care if Patsy discussed those things or not with LHP. Either way, it has always been quite clear to me from observing and listening to them over the past seven years that the marriage was full of problems.

It also is not unusual for a woman of Patsy's age to feel the way she does about sex especially since undergoing chemo and all.

So while I don't think that "conversation" is a big deal at all, I can only wonder why so much effort has been placed to deny it.

Video from 11/10/97: Linda Hoffman-Pugh on Geraldo's show, defending the R's, talking about how she thinks they are innocent, that she never saw anything wrong going on at that house; says she only saw love and kindess in that house.

.....and now this.....??
IMO JMO
A liar maybe..but naive..no..not when it comes to the dollar signs..... IMO JMO

sissi said:
Video from 11/10/97: Linda Hoffman-Pugh on Geraldo's show, defending the R's, talking about how she thinks they are innocent, that she never saw anything wrong going on at that house; says she only saw love and kindess in that house.
Ever heard the expression "Don't bite the hand that feed you"? At the time LHP probably thought she was still in Ramsey employment. Maybe she even thought she would be compensated in some way for being a loyal employee. Instead all she got was thrown under the bus with all the other people who were unfortunate enough to cross paths with the Ramjobs.

Shylock said:
Ever heard the expression "Don't bite the hand that feed you"? At the time LHP probably thought she was still in Ramsey employment. Maybe she even thought she would be compensated in some way for being a loyal employee. Instead all she got was thrown under the bus with all the other people who were unfortunate enough to cross paths with the Ramjobs.

Why are you so quick to give some an inch--give them the benefit of the doubt--but when it comes to the Ramsey's every little thing they say and do is etched in stone and they can never say or do anything to change it?

The Ramseys wrote their own ticket the minute they chose to address the public. The public is merely responding, IMO. The R's will have to suck it up.

Imon128 said:
The Ramseys wrote their own ticket the minute they chose to address the public. The public is merely responding, IMO. The R's will have to suck it up.

So then the same could be said for everyone who has decided to go public, correct?

little1 said:
So then the same could be said for everyone who has decided to go public, correct?

Absolutely! Anyone who goes on TV, writes a book, etc., leaves themselves open to public scrutiny.

I think the Ramseys are the only ones who are in public solely to clear their names. I have never seen them go public with a plea for help with finding the killer, save for the "hold your babies close" appearance.

little1 said:

No, all the others aren't parents of the killed child. It's narrowed down, in that aspect.

Imon128 said:
No, all the others aren't parents of the killed child.
Right, Imon. The Ramseys are the parents of the murder victim.

Oh and one other thing: the Ramseys, along with their son, were the only people known to be in the house with said murder victim.

I'd ask the Ramsey supporters: If LHP or any other non-Ramsey(s) were the only other known person(s) in the house with the victim, would y'all be so quick to invent intruder theories? Intruder? What intruder?

Britt said:
Right, Imon. The Ramseys are the parents of the murder victim.

Oh and one other thing: the Ramseys, along with their son, were the only people known to be in the house with said murder victim.

I'd ask the Ramsey supporters: If LHP or any other non-Ramsey(s) were the only other known person(s) in the house with the victim, would y'all be so quick to invent intruder theories? Intruder? What intruder?

No, but I also wouldn't be so quick to discredit any evidence that may say otherwise, i.e DNA in the murdered child's panties, open back door, evidence that could have been lost, etc.

Also, the above mentioned are not family member, so if they were in the house alone with her, yes, it would seem suspicious.

BTW, I am not a Ramsey supporter, just becuase I don't choose to believe (yet) who is guilty or innocent does not make me a supporter.

And, yes, they are the parents of this dead child, but does it make it any worse for ANYONE to make money off of her death? No.

Imon128 said:
Yes, IMO, it worse for the parents to make a buck off JB's death.

I totally agree Imon.

Whenever or wherever there is a tragedy, there will be leeches looking to make a profit (we saw plenty of that during 9/11). It's expected. That's what people do, whether we think it is moral or not. From strangers that is just how it is, and what we have come to expect.

So I must agree that when the PARENTS are profiting, it is really distasteful, immoral and it is a whole lot worse in the eyes of the public. It gets even worse when they market the book as a publication whose proceeds will go to charity and there is no charity and no explanation either.

Yeah, it's worse

If that's how you see it,I guess it would seem distasteful,however,they wanted to get the truth out,and putting together the book was the only avenue they had. The press and the media had created an image of them to the public based on lies and misinformation,did they have another choice but to publish their account? When they are determined innocent,perhaps the things they said and did will make more sense to everyone.
This family lost a child,their reputation,their income and their friends ,all because of a monster who spent a few evil hours in their home. It's really very tragic!
IMO JMO

sissi said:
...they wanted to get the truth out,and putting together the book was the only avenue they had. The press and the media had created an image of them to the public based on lies and misinformation,did they have another choice but to publish their account?
Oh please. All they would've had to do to convince ME of their innocence was participate unconditionally in the LE investigation and polygraphs. Period. That's all.

In the beginning I thought they were innocent. I thought a rival beauty pageant competitor had killed JB ala the cheerleader mom who tried to kill her daughter's competition.

The Ramseys' own behavior made me suspicious of them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back