LHP's Book Preview

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I personally do not believe LHP wrote it...but I do know who wrote it. It doesn't surprise me one bit.

According to ACR in a post at FFJ this file was first created last March. Was anything special going on then with Darnay and his lawsuits?

From ACR:
Date created: 03/29/2003 11:59AM

Date last saved: 12/31/2003 9:01PM

Date last printed: 12/31/2003 6:11PM

Well, I must say I found this excerpt from Linda's book rather interesting. I certainly could have done without the sex part, but oh well.
Yes, I definately think a lawsuit is around the corner. Surely Darnay knows that.
Hopefully the rest of the book will provide more important details about what a typical day in the Ramsey's household was like. I will definately buy the book, Linda deserves her chance to speak too.

Other verification of what LHP has written from PMPT:

p.185 from PMPT:

...One thing they were curious about was Patsy's attitude toward sex. The police had asked Linda similar questions. Linda They wanted to know if Linda had found any signs of sex on the Ramseys' sheets. In whose rooms? She told them she'd found such signs only on Patsy and John's linens. Linda, who had shared her own problems with Patsy over the years, told the detectives that in June, 1996, Patsy mentioned that she didn't take pleasure in sex anymore. She asked Linda for advice on how to make it better. Linda suggested some adult movies or some magazines. Better yet, she might want to see a psychiatrist...

Schiller quotes former Ramsey housekeeper LInda Wilcox as saying on page 336 of the paperback edition of PMPT:

"The Ramseys weren't warm and affectionate people. They were very professional, very down to business. They communicated with each other like two people who were amicably divorced."

Gee, let's see who wrote the OTHER books in the Ramsey case:

Steve Thomas's book wasn't written entirely by him. He had a co-author, Don Davis. I had heard of Don Davis before when wrote the worst book on the Menendez brothers case "Bad Blood" a straight to paperback account of that trial for the paperback reading masses. I certainly didn't want to read another of his books, but ST on GMA convinced me to give it a try.

The Ramseys didn't write their book either alone - they had ghost writers.

That leaves PMPT. Everyone knows Charlie Brennan was cheated out of a co-authorship of that book by Larry Schiller. How much did Charlie write of that book? A huge part, and a huge part of the research as well.

So all of these books had a ghost or co-writer.

candy said:

Steve Thomas's book wasn't written entirely by him. He had a co-author, Don Davis. I had heard of Don Davis before when wrote the worst book on the Menendez brothers case "Bad Blood" a straight to paperback account of that trial for the paperback reading masses. I certainly didn't want to read another of his books, but ST on GMA convinced me to give it a try.

That leaves PMPT. Everyone knows Charlie Brennan was cheated out of a co-authorship of that book by Larry Schiller. How much did Charlie write of that book? A huge part, and a huge part of the research as well.

And........?

Aren't we going to give credit to whomever LHP's "ghost writer" is? Do you know who it is and are you going to share that information with us?

candy said:

From what I've read, people aren't objecting to LHP having a ghost writer.

I rarely read or post anymore because there isn't much to read and even less to post about, but I will weigh in here.

Henceforth, Linda Hoffman Pugh shall be officially known as Linda Hoffman Phew. Seems to me like Darnay stayed up too late back in October 1991 watching the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings. That is the last time I recall hearing drivel like this about pubic hairs.

If this is not a hoax, it is the worst piece of trash to come out of Darnay to date. On the other hand, he is married to a former pimp, and who is to say the such former pimp didn't hone her management skills while she was a line worker. I'm just guessing about that. What we have here is a pimp and a huckster taking advantage of a maid with little education and even less common sense. When, oh when, will people quit publishing books on the Ramsey case? The story is deader than poor JonBenet.

According to Candy this book has not yet been written, save for this first chapter. No book, no publisher, nothing. Just one chapter and we have read it. No, this isn't a hoax. Darnay Hoffman just sent it to anyone and everyone.

But Candy:

I have to ask:

What is your opinion of the first chapter? What is your opinion of Darnay for sending it out? You seem to be full of opinions about Lin Wood and his greatness, but have commented without telling the rest of us what YOUR take on all of this is.

I'm not sure I expect an answer, but I think it is on peoples' minds, especially considering your relationship with Darnay.

What? No publisher, No chapters 2,3,4,5 and so on?

Why doesn't Darnay try to peddle the 'Chapter One' at Playboy?

I'm afraid I can't consider it a serious crime book at all....I don't think LHP wrote any of the graphic stuff.

Oh what will that crazy Darnay think up next?

I can almost, but not quite, feel sorry for LHP. She said she wanted to make some money off this case. Then she managed to hook herself up with someone who lets her down at every turn. I wonder if this is the story of her life.

I can understand why LHP might want to retaliate for the Ramseys throwing her under the bus, but this "book" is definitely not the way to do it.

It rings so false. I could see maybe an 18 year old bride- to- be asking these questions about sexual performance, but certainly not a 40 yr old sophisticate like Patsy.

Patsy is an educated woman and a voracious reader. I'm sure she's familiar with "Joy of Sex" and other popular manuals, and would never lower herself to discuss such topics with the maid, of all people!

This appears to be a pure fantasy from the mind of Darnay Hoffman, who is obsessed with Patsy Ramsey, in many unsavory and unhealthy ways.

I think Patsy should take out a "cease-and-desist" order on Darnay.

Barbara said:
I really don't think it was necessary to include the private details of Patsy's problems with performing oral sex, and the "taste" of John, etc. We, the public don't need to know that. The points LHP was trying to make could easily have been made without those gory details. Even I feel humiliated for Patsy.

I am a little disappointed that LHP included that. AND......ewwwwwwww :sick:

I think she is a little too into the *advertiser censored* stuff, personally. I (for some reason) always thought anyone born before 1963 didn't do that! I also don't understand why this wouldbe a big deal to PR, I did't give one until I was 21. If you didn't like it, suck it yourself. Sorry, but that sums it up personally.

Also, she knows what happened and NO ONE will help her? Has she not noticed the people on these forums? She could have gone to alot of places, but she chose to write a book? Where are her profits going? (Anyone know the answer to that?)

It's just one more person trying to make a buck off of that poor little girl's dead body. As far as only 1 chapter being written. How many other books have been released that way? Stephen King doesn't write 1 chapter, then send it out, nor does James Patterson, am I wrong here?

What can you say, sex sells.

What? did anyone really expect better quality that this from Darnay, LHP, or Sidney? I believe this First Chapter is as good as this book is gonna get--and it stinks!

little1 said:
It's just one more person trying to make a buck off of that poor little girl's dead body. As far as only 1 chapter being written. How many other books have been released that way? Stephen King doesn't write 1 chapter, then send it out, nor does James Patterson, am I wrong here?

What can you say, sex sells.

As a matter of fact, on the subject of Stephen King, you are wrong. He has been famous for upsetting the book-publishing world by selling his work one chapter at a time on the internet. Books published in serial form are not new. Among others, Charles Dickens did it.

why_nut...you sly ol' fox! are you comparing Dickens and King to our LHP?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back