Life after Casey! How do you cope?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Clean my house and go back to making a full dinner we both enjoy instead of frozen/takeout. I'll keep visiting here.

The only cases I have followed since joining WS are Scott Peterson, Natalee Holloway, and now for baby Caylee. I, too, feel drained and need a break. I plan to monitor the Drew Peterson case and am hoping LE charges Terry Hormon for the disappearance of little Kyron Hormon. That will be a "local" case for me as it is in Portland, Oregon.

Unfortunately, there will always be more Lacys, and Stacys and Caylees and Kyrons. Fortunately, there will always be WSers standing at the ready to scream at the top of our lungs for Justice to prevail and to make sure they are never forgotten. :websleuther:

I think possibly the reason this became all consuming was because of the Florida Sunshine Laws whereby we got to see all of the information released. This is the first case I've followed, and I don't think they all are like this, right? This was a total immersion in all things Casey. From the first time I saw her walk across my television screen with that crazy smile on her face in the blue hoodie, I was hooked. What a mystery. A crazy babysitter who kidnapped that precious baby...then WHAT? No nanny? OK then, what happened? Enter JB and you couldn't have written a TV show more suspenseful. Cast of characters? Oy Vey!

I imagine I will be here because I think we will be pondering the mystery of Caylee long after it is over, much like Jon Benet. We will never have a clear answer, so therefore no real closure except to see the murderer behind bars.

I, for one, CANNOT WAIT to see them slap the handcuffs on her and lead her away. I don't think she will cry, do you? She won't give anybody that satisfaction.

I'll probably follow the many appeals in this case if she is found guilty. The one thing I will do is to take a little extra time every night to pray even harder that this does not happen to another helpless child anywhere.

Hung Jury= Retrial :woohoo:

I will die if there is a retrial! I won't be able to withstand the stress. I am telling myself I will not watch if there is a retrial. But I know I will. I'm pretty sure my husband will leave me!

I will always be haunted and wonder "what really happened to caylee"
because the trial is over, doesn't mean the mystery is over.

this was the FIRST and LAST case I get involved with. I don't htink i could handle another... i don't know how you guys do it.

BBM me too! I am completely and totally disgusted with a "judicial" system where it's OK to make up complete lies implicating everyone except your client. It makes me physically ill.

I will still be on WS, but also I have an experiment starting this weekend that will have me putting in 10- & 12 -hour days every day through August 2. o_O

It is sad to say...but there will be new cases...maybe not nearly as intense as this one...wish there was a supplement for empathy for those who lacked...and I wish our world only had boring news for me to read ...JMHO

My current health situation recently reduced my life to a crawl, thus it is what afforded me the time to watch the trial and follow the boards a little bit more closer. Unless mother nature decides to instantly reverse the damage to my heart heart and kidneys and I get my life back at full swing when a verdict comes down for Casey, I'll just keep plodding along and move on to reading and watching other things.

OT Just wanted to wish you well.Coping with an illness that restricts normal life is just awful. Stay strong and know so many people on this site are thinking of you.

I am looking forward to this trial being over. If there is a hung-jury I don't think I"ll watch. This case has consumed me and I need to focus on my world again. Until that time however,,,,,,,CAylee has my full attention!

I started the withdrawal process a while ago. It was not interering with my life. But I will say this. During the last few years I have become a fan of junk TV..... Real Housewives, MOB wives ect. AFter watching this trial I am just saturated by the dysunction of the human condition. What ever happened to getting up each day not being consumed by the latest gismo, fashion... working hard, respecting people and having real compasion and interest in others. Watching the Anthonys had put me over the edge. I am now watching reruns of the Waltons, Touched by an Angel and PBS LOL

There are many other cases that need our attention. Many missing, many unidentified, many unsolved. I will go back to the Highway of Tears cases also.

I gained so much weight though so I will be getting some exercise, clean my house, paint my porch, mow my lawn on a regular basis, pay attention to my children and my animals, etc. etc. etc.

It's going to be really rough. It's been fun having an obsession that is so readily available - I can watch coverage from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.!! That doesn't happen very often.

Maybe another child will be found (Kyron? Haileigh??) and we can follow another trial soon. One can only hope.

I think possibly the reason this became all consuming was because of the Florida Sunshine Laws whereby we got to see all of the information released. This is the first case I've followed, and I don't think they all are like this, right? This was a total immersion in all things Casey. From the first time I saw her walk across my television screen with that crazy smile on her face in the blue hoodie, I was hooked. What a mystery. A crazy babysitter who kidnapped that precious baby...then WHAT? No nanny? OK then, what happened? Enter JB and you couldn't have written a TV show more suspenseful. Cast of characters? Oy Vey!

I imagine I will be here because I think we will be pondering the mystery of Caylee long after it is over, much like Jon Benet. We will never have a clear answer, so therefore no real closure except to see the murderer behind bars.

I, for one, CANNOT WAIT to see them slap the handcuffs on her and lead her away. I don't think she will cry, do you? She won't give anybody that satisfaction.

BBM - No they aren't and I think you're right. I think that's part of the reason we were hooked. With more information leaking out practically daily, it kept us all interested. So many other cases, sad to say, get sort of boring when you can't get any info.

Thank goodness my husband has gotten as addicted as I have to following the trial; it would have created a problem otherwise! He watches it on the TV and I follow online.

We've been following the case from the very beginning .... we get our local news from Orlando so there's really been no getting away from it. And we want justice for Caylee so bad we can taste it.

Anyway...after the trial is over? Back to digital drawing, reading, and just living my life.

well, I've completely missed june marathon training and need to take off about 10 pounds, which hopefully will come off with training. I'm going to spend time in my great big garden, can a bunch of stuff, take care of my chickens and go to the pool in the afternoons with my kids. I'll be glad when this mess is over, I can't leave the house!!:loser:

I will be right here. I have met too many great people on this site and love it.

I will focus on the unsolved missing person/children cases like little Joshua from New Braunsfels, TX and Ali from Spring, TX and also Holly Bobo and several others.

You never know when something one of us here at WS sees differently may help LE find some of these missing people and give their families some peace.

Same as always. I will go onto other trials and cases and live my life like I normally do. After the verdict is read and hopefully a guilty verdict at that, I will wash my hands of this trial.

Glad I found this place though, so will still be a round here.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back