Life insurance policies

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've always thought that chloroform was overkill for a 2-year-old. But nor for George and Cindy.

If nothing else KC's texts to Amy show she was daydreaming about a life in George and Cindy's house without them. She'd probably want the furniture too. She didn't have money to get her own. Then there are those pesky house payments.

There are many documented cases of women who murdered husbands + children + an elderly parent or two for profit. Back in the 1800's Belle Gunnes of Indiana killed 2 husbands, some suitors and some of her children for money. Many think she killed her surviving children and a new maid to make a get away.

I, too, have always felt that the chloroform was initially planned to subdue CA & GA, after which she would have used a "household weapon" to finish them off. I think Caylee was done out of sheer spite towards CA and anger at the obstacle she represented. Poor baby! :mad:

Given how family proud Cindy was and how pretty much she was the main family provider from the looks and sound of things, I can imagine that she had life insurance to make sure her family would be taken care of (especially Caylee) if something happened to her. (Of course, the Cindy of today is a far cry from the Cindy we heard on the 911 tape trying to make Casey take some responsibility... I still don't understand where that Cindy has gone...)

I keep thinking about medical insurance for Caylee. GA and CA could not put her on their medical insurance without having legal custody. KC was too old to be on their insurance unless she was a full time student (which she could provide no proof for) and she would have lost her benefits (if she had any) when she was fired from Universal for not showing up to work. I remember seeing the Universal pages of employment verification but I don't remember seeing the hire date. Did she have medical leave and insurance when Caylee was born? Also, why did the hospital not alert CPS when Caylee was born due to KC's lack of prenatal care? There were no referrals to CPS previously IIRC. Of course CA can add beneficiaries to her life insurance policy but no mention of Caylee having a life insurance policy

I keep thinking about medical insurance for Caylee. GA and CA could not put her on their medical insurance without having legal custody. KC was too old to be on their insurance unless she was a full time student (which she could provide no proof for) and she would have lost her benefits (if she had any) when she was fired from Universal for not showing up to work. I remember seeing the Universal pages of employment verification but I don't remember seeing the hire date. Did she have medical leave and insurance when Caylee was born? Also, why did the hospital not alert CPS when Caylee was born due to KC's lack of prenatal care? There were no referrals to CPS previously IIRC. Of course CA can add beneficiaries to her life insurance policy but no mention of Caylee having a life insurance policy

Maybe she had Medicaid? My ex-SIL had that for some of her 5 kids. The ones she had when she wasn't married to my idiotic brother all qualified for it b/c she had no income and was too lazy to work.

Wouldn't KC qualify for that for Caylee? Even living with her parents-her low income status would be enough, wouldn't it? I'm not sure of the requirements.

Also, why did the hospital not alert CPS when Caylee was born due to KC's lack of prenatal care? There were no referrals to CPS previously IIRC. Of course CA can add beneficiaries to her life insurance policy but no mention of Caylee having a life insurance policy

Lack of prenatal care is not an offense... how a pregnant mother chooses to go about her care before the baby is born, is by their own choosing. (hence some mothers choose to go the natural way, only using a midwife for birthing... some even birth without medical help at all, and there isn't anything CPS can do about it) The only way CPS would have been called in on Caylee's birth, is if Caylee had drugs in her system at birth.

Maybe she had Medicaid? My ex-SIL had that for some of her 5 kids. The ones she had when she wasn't married to my idiotic brother all qualified for it b/c she had no income and was too lazy to work.

Wouldn't KC qualify for that for Caylee? Even living with her parents-her low income status would be enough, wouldn't it? I'm not sure of the requirements.

(bold mine)

Does FL look at household income? Or just parental income? If the latter, Casey most likely could have applied and been deemed eligible for benefits. I don't think Cindy would have allowed it, though. In my opinion, she was way to proud to let Casey and Caylee receive assistance.

Now that I'm thinking more along these lines........

The house was in Cindy's name, so the mortgage obviously was, too. Do people still take out life insurance with their mortgage that pays it off if the home buyer dies? When I bought a place back in 1978, I had the life insurance provision attached to my mortgage. I purchased my recent home for cash, no mortgage, so I'm not sure if that's still offered. Could be Cindy was insured so that her policy would directly pay off her mortgage. Then if she had a will, she could have left the house to GA, LA, and KC or just to LA and KC, or even included Caylee in there. Maybe KC thought she could get LA to sign over his share to her or she could pay him rent, or he'd let her go with no rent at all. Who knows how she thought?

Neckbreaking seems extreme for Caylee. How would she explain that? I find it difficult to believe she'd try to kill her parents by breaking their necks? They could both overpower her, I'm sure.

Now chloroform is more likely the choice, no matter whom she was thinking of doing away with. Or maybe she was just pipe dreaming and considering several ways to bump off the family.

Obviously she wasn't thinking far ahead. How was she going to afford electricity, junk food, cell phones, and the internet on her non-existent salary? Obviously Amy wasn't going to fully support KC after moving into the house, was she? :confused:

It's not unusual to have life insurance on children. My parents bought one for me when I was an infant and I still have the policy - paid off long ago. Back in the 1940s and 1950s, people did buy insurance on their children because many people remembered their own parents and other relatives losing children at a young age and the financial burden it put on the family.

I also took out policies on my children, and we bought a family crypt before I had children, and when my son was 16, we used it for him. Sometimes the unthinkable happens and having that policy saves a family from going deeper into debt, especially when a child has been ill for a long time and the family has stacks of medical bills. Yes, in many cases, grandparents can take out policies on their grandchildren, it depends on the insurance company.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back