Lifetime movie- Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
downloading this just now and i'll upload to my youtube if they let me.

im high fiving myself right now for finding this :floorlaugh:

i watched an interview with this chick that played jodi earlier,and you know what really freaking ticked me off....she said she couldn't judge jodi for what she's done...SERIOUSLY!

i am loving jesse lee soffer though :heart:

Fun Fact (not sure if it's been posted - still sifting): The actress playing JA dated Jeff Goldblum (yes, THAT Jeff Goldblum!) in real life for a long time. Talk about an odd couple! I believe she was 32 years younger than him :)

ok everyone is commenting on how awful JW looked in the movie.
What exactly made the actress so bad?

I totally agree! They also missed the mark by portraying Jodi more adult like than she is and without her million dollar vocabulary.

However, I can accept the inconsistencies in this Lifetime move. They got the basics right.

The scene where Travis and Katie (Lisa) were sleeping on the couch with Jodi standing in the room really creeped me out. I'll admit, a chill ran down my spine. I realize, in actuality, Jodi was peering into the window and not in the room but...

When Travis told Jodi he never loved her but only lusted for her...and that, if she looked, she never would have seen love in his eyes, spoke volumes. I believe an exchange like that probably happened either through texts or in person. That scene got to me, too.

The movie's depiction of the killing was probably pretty accurate. Wow... Travis' death was beyond brutal...which I always understood, but to see how it actually could have played out is mind blowing. I think Jodi "overkilled" him because he kept hanging on and struggling for life much longer than she expected so she just kept stabbing him. Sooooo heart wrenching to watch.

I will admit to literally LOL when, initially, the camera flashed to the actress portraying JW during the court scene. Could they have portrayed her in a worse light? It was laughable! Somebody, upthread, said she should sue. I agree. heh heh

I can't believe I watched this made for tv movie...but I did and, overall, I didn't think it was as bad as it could have been considering it was a 2 hour Lifetime movie. I'd give it 2+ out of 5 stars.

RIP, Travis...

edited to add:
I wonder if they put dark/black contact lenses in Tania Redmonde eyes?

Considering that it is a fictional representation, based on a true story, it was much better than I expected it to be. If you watch it with this in mind, you can forgive the artistic license they took with the facts throughout the movie.

This is the same attitude you should take with virtually ALL movies based on true stories (e.g., "Zero Dark Thirty"), as well as all biopics (e.g., "Lincoln", or "Lincoln, Vampire Hunter" :D ).

I was annoyed they really made grandmas house look nice and Jodi helpful around the house.

Travis's bedroom was made to look kinda shabby. Since when did Jodi contribute to the decor in his house? Roflmao!

They missed the part where she would deliberately leave stuff behind in order to come back under the pretense of picking it up.

The whole passive aggressive manipulative thing was missed.

Artistic License. ;)

I wonder how true to facts this "movie" could have been if they'd done it as a mini-series instead of a two hour movie?

I must confess... i kept flipping channels during the movie and fell asleep with 30 minutes to go... It just couldn't hold my attention.

You can't properly review/critique the movie if you didn't watch it all the way through. But I totally agree that this would make for a much more accurate and compelling mini-series (e.g. 13 one-hour episodes) taking us through all the facts, including the different scenarios Jodi created, through her fights with her defense team and time in jail.

downloading this just now and i'll upload to my youtube if they let me.

im high fiving myself right now for finding this :floorlaugh:

That is all sorts of copyright infringement. If you manage to upload it, it is just a matter of time before it gets removed.

It's not that she was a bad actress just that they made her up to be SO frumpy looking, it was just hysterical. I busted out laughing the second the camera cut to her.

That is all sorts of copyright infringement. If you manage to upload it, it is just a matter of time before it gets removed.

there are loads of movies on youtube,they started allowing them a while back. you just select whatever license suits in the advanced settings

A new show on CNN starts tomorrow night, Sunday 9PM EST - Crimes of the Century. The commercial showed flashbacks of Andrea Yates, Amanda Knox, etc. Sounds like a show we all might like. :seeya:

The first episode is about the D.C. Sniper.

the hair! Really bad looking wig...

all in all considering it was a made-for-TV movie - I give it a 7 out of 10! :fence:

A new show on CNN starts tomorrow night, Sunday 9PM EST - Crimes of the Century. The commercial showed flashbacks of Andrea Yates, Amanda Knox, etc. Sounds like a show we all might like. :seeya:

Thanks for the heads up.

I haven't watched the entire movie, just tuned in today it was the shower/murder events. Tragic. There is no excuse for what that convicted murderer sociopath JA did to Travis Alexander. She is a danger to everyone no matter where she languishes.

The more I digest that movie, the more I think it handled depicting their relationship, at least by the terms I've come to view based on the evidence and interviews we've heard, pretty darn well. I don't get what some people are so upset about.

Ah just watched it. Thanks Josie! I admit when they showed the shot, I flinched. It wasn't bad as far as Lifetime movies go. I'm disappointed in the lack of Rob Lowe. He needs to be in all the movies based on cases. I still say WWE's The Miz should have played Travis- he looked more like him and has swagger. The actress playing Jodi had a deep voice.

The more I digest that movie, the more I think it handled depicting their relationship, at least by the terms I've come to view based on the evidence and interviews we've heard, pretty darn well. I don't get what some people are so upset about.

I agree. While I don't get why some of the facts were changed ... It didn't change the story. I think Katie was sort of a composite of Lisa and Mimi and maybe even Deanna a bit. Nick was a composite of all of Travis's guy friends. I think the movie depicted her rapid descent into obsession and his "rage" in the text messages in the most logically conclusive way possible.

Blah blah blah ... I really do ramble sometimes ...:drumroll:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bucky357
Back