Lisa Irwin Disappearance - Thoughts and Theories ONLY!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on their body language and odd comments, I think one or both parents knows what happened. It bugs me that neither parent ever makes eye contact with the camera, reporter, etc. Always looking to the side or staring into space. And if you are completely innocent, why would you 'expect' to be arrested? And if I 'miserably failed' a lie detector test, I sure wouldn't tell ANYONE, especially the media!

We just don't really know much about these folks. How long they have known each other, the circumstances around Lisa's birth/the pregnancy, possible criminal backgrounds, etc. I haven't heard anyone outside the family come out and say, "oh, she's a great mom" or "he's a wonderful neighbor, loves his kids" like you nearly always do with these kind of cases.

The comment about expecting to be arrested was made by a relative based on what the family saw as LE treating Deb like a suspect. It appeared to me that they felt LE wasn't looking anywhere else and they were frustrated.

I agree completely about needing more info on the parents . We really haven't heard good or bad ,except from the one sister who said she knows they would not hurt he baby.

Are you suggesting that the woman with the story of a man walking down the street may actually be lying to cover for D?

I found the woman's demeanor incredibly blase' considering she may have blown the one chance to save baby Lisa. According to her,the husband saw the man with the baby and asked her to call 911 ,but she didn't think anything of it.
The husband didn't want to show his face.
Just another hinky item that may mean nothing,but why haven't we heard any more about that?
ETA: why didn't the husband call 911? He could give a description.

I wondered about this man, too. All I can think of is how he may feel guilty for not insisting she call 911 or calling himself. I'm not sure how I would react if I thought I could have stopped/prevented something like this.

They have a landline, it was discussed here a few days ago. Now if I could remember what thread i read it on. ;)

imo

Really? Was it established that they did have a landline after all? I must have missed that. I remember going through many, many pages of, "So if the intruder took all their cellphones so they wouldn't call out, it had to be someone who knew that they did not have a landline..."

Does anybody remember when the story was first coming out, some neighbors had reported screaming coming from the woods? I think they even called it around midnight? I'm not sure but I thought I remembered something about that but now I can't find anything that references it. TIA

Based on their body language and odd comments, I think one or both parents knows what happened. It bugs me that neither parent ever makes eye contact with the camera, reporter, etc. Always looking to the side or staring into space. And if you are completely innocent, why would you 'expect' to be arrested? And if I 'miserably failed' a lie detector test, I sure wouldn't tell ANYONE, especially the media!

We just don't really know much about these folks. How long they have known each other, the circumstances around Lisa's birth/the pregnancy, possible criminal backgrounds, etc. I haven't heard anyone outside the family come out and say, "oh, she's a great mom" or "he's a wonderful neighbor, loves his kids" like you nearly always do with these kind of cases.

BBM

There wasn't any of this in the Celina Cass case either. I don't recall much of it with Haleigh or Caylee out of FL, as far as being in MSM, but I didn't catch every single report.

Maybe the MSM doesn't ask? I know it happens alot in other types of crimes, like shootings. You usually hear "quiet neighbor" "kept to themselves" or such. Maybe no one wants to say anything good or bad, like job references, for fear of lawsuits? Is it possible to sue someone for saying something like "I always knew this person would kill someone"?

It seems that reporting isn't like it used to be, maybe it's just me, but it seems to have changed. There used to be more of an investigative nature to it. Now it's like some reporters take anothers story off of the internet and embellish to suit what they think the public wants to hear, whatever will get them more attention. I would think they would be out there competing for a story, digging for information.

BBM

There wasn't any of this in the Celina Cass case either. I don't recall much of it with Haleigh or Caylee out of FL, as far as being in MSM, but I didn't catch every single report.

Maybe the MSM doesn't ask? I know it happens alot in other types of crimes, like shootings. You usually hear "quiet neighbor" "kept to themselves" or such. Maybe no one wants to say anything good or bad, like job references, for fear of lawsuits? Is it possible to sue someone for saying something like "I always knew this person would kill someone"?

It seems that reporting isn't like it used to be, maybe it's just me, but it seems to have changed. There used to be more of an investigative nature to it. Now it's like some reporters take anothers story off of the internet and embellish to suit what they think the public wants to hear, whatever will get them more attention. I would think they would be out there competing for a story, digging for information.

Great points.

I just recall that even in the Casey Anthony case, some of her 'friends' (foolishly) stated what a great mother Casey was, how well she cared for Caylee, etc. I am just struck by the general silence regarding the character or personality of either parent. No co-workers, neighbors, family friends, etc, commenting on them. That makes me think that either they are very isolated loner-type people, or no one has much good to say.

I can't remember the word that was used to describe jeremy in reference to the custody of his son, was it ruthless? Wondering if doborah wanted out and she knew she could not win custody of lisa. I am still on the fence about the way lisa was dressed for bed and not put in her PJ's or something comfortable to sleep in. Are the item's bought for lisa the day she went missing still in the home?

I'm confused about the pj issue. It was said she had on shorts + tshirt. Why can't those = pjs? Sounds comfortable to me.

I totally think DB did it:

Who in their right mind makes a list of 9 possible suspects in the vanishing of their child?
Why would you get all upset and accuse the police of saying You did it?
Her story just totally does not add up.
Why was she making a 2:30 A.M. Phone call/be on the computer when she supposedly went to bed at 10:30?

The "Susan Smith" tears......

The failed Poly....

list goes on...... I now think JI had no idea what was going on but suspects mommy has something to do with it and he may be covering for her.
I believe LE requested the parents make the list, routine procedure.

I'd get upset if they said to me "You killed your child", knowing I was innocent + they were wasting 11 hours on me while the perp was gaining mileage, with MY BABY. Oh yeah, I'd be blister pissed. DB wasn't, she's said several times, they have to do this, they have to look everywhere, I didn't leave, I let them keep on asking questions, I understand, etc.

I see nothing outrageous with her claims of forgetting a window open or not hearing anything, it happens. So I don't understand why some think her story doesn't add up. I'm just not seeing it I guess. Not in any way defending her or saying she's innocent, I have no idea either way.

I've seen no report of a phone call, just a rumor of a text at 2:30am, unknown whether it's rumored to be sent or received, unknown on which of the 3 phones, or if it happened at all. IF it did, the phone could've been long gone from the home by that time.

I disagree on the SS tears, again I don't know if DB is genuine or not, but she didn't immediately seem as fake as SS did, to me.

Steve Groene was told he failed a poly too. He was accused of not cooperating when he walked out of LE after they kept accusing him + telling him he was lying. A poly is a tool, even when passed with flying colors LE may tell a person they failed miserably to gauge their reaction. Sociopaths pass all the time, distraught parents sometimes fail. Groene said he failed the question "do you know where your child/ren are?" He said "no". He failed because his heart feared they were dead + gone to heaven, so his subconscious said "yes I know where they are, in heaven." DB is reporting what LE said to her, there is no evidence that she failed or on what questions. LE has not confirmed or clarified this + I don't think they usually do. IIRC it's usually the person taking the poly that comments on the results, either way.

This fence is getting mighty tiresome + uncomfortable...
Yes, I'm miles behind in reading posts...

Does anybody remember when the story was first coming out, some neighbors had reported screaming coming from the woods? I think they even called it around midnight? I'm not sure but I thought I remembered something about that but now I can't find anything that references it. TIA

I think that was just a rumor

I wondered about this man, too. All I can think of is how he may feel guilty for not insisting she call 911 or calling himself. I'm not sure how I would react if I thought I could have stopped/prevented something like this.

Sometimes our good manners stop us from doing what is needed. Sometimes "mind your own business" isn't the right thing to do.
I can see myself striking up a conversation to find out more, acting like some talkative lady that just had to see the cute baby.

The husband must've sensed something really strange if he said call 911.

The PI that's been hired has a video that asks if you're an ostrich, sheep, or lion. I'm probably more a curious cat.

The other day I saw a baby in a carry seat at the doctor's office, but the entire baby was covered by a blanket. It drove me crazy because you never know; it could've been Baby Lisa under that blanket. I went for good manners that time because I couldn't figure out how to take a peek under the blanket.

EXACTLY! Iam stumped that so many here think this could be an "accident gone wrong"
Did we learn nothing from the casey anthony trial?

According to Dr G 100% of the time after an accident a parent will call 911.
No way has mom overdosed her baby on meds then just disposed of her body like trash...no way!!

There has been lots of cases of children abducted from there beds...This is what Iam leaning towards here. It is very very possible that this is what happened. Because it DOES happen...right under the noses of people who were sleeping in the same ROOM in some cases!!

And who said upthread that paedos prefer boys??? i have never heard that!
Are there any documented cases of accidental deaths of children, with parents hiding / disposing of the body? Not being snippety, I really don't know.

Lisa's age, size + development stage, all tell me there is NO way on earth she died from SIDS, accidental suffocation or aspiration, by blanket, cat, bottle or anything else, even if she'd been given something to ease her cold symptoms. Accidental overdoses happen, they're accidents, in which the caregiver calls 911. Babies tumble out of cribs, rarely fatal. Death by shaken baby is usually hours after the event, again caregivers call 911. I just can't come up with an accidental death theory that includes a baby reported missing / kidnapped. I can see if one is under the influence or in some other way negligent, feeling guilty, panic, hesitation, delayed call, waiting until they're forced to make the call, lying, whatever, but not concocting a kidnap story + hiding / throwing away their own baby.

IMO pedos prey on what is at hand, some prefer a boy or girl, but others will take either, some want a particular "look", or age, but bottom line is, they act on opportunity.

Great points.

I just recall that even in the Casey Anthony case, some of her 'friends' (foolishly) stated what a great mother Casey was, how well she cared for Caylee, etc. I am just struck by the general silence regarding the character or personality of either parent. No co-workers, neighbors, family friends, etc, commenting on them. That makes me think that either they are very isolated loner-type people, or no one has much good to say.

I don't read much into it, who would want to be the person who criticized DB's parenting if it happened to turn out that she had nothing to do with it.

I believe LE requested the parents make the list, routine procedure.

I'd get upset if they said to me "You killed your child", knowing I was innocent + they were wasting 11 hours on me while the perp was gaining mileage, with MY BABY. Oh yeah, I'd be blister pissed. DB wasn't, she's said several times, they have to do this, they have to look everywhere, I didn't leave, I let them keep on asking questions, I understand, etc.

I see nothing outrageous with her claims of forgetting a window open or not hearing anything, it happens. So I don't understand why some think her story doesn't add up. I'm just not seeing it I guess. Not in any way defending her or saying she's innocent, I have no idea either way.

I've seen no report of a phone call, just a rumor of a text at 2:30am, unknown whether it's rumored to be sent or received, unknown on which of the 3 phones, or if it happened at all. IF it did, the phone could've been long gone from the home by that time.

I disagree on the SS tears, again I don't know if DB is genuine or not, but she didn't immediately seem as fake as SS did, to me.

Steve Groene was told he failed a poly too. He was accused of not cooperating when he walked out of LE after they kept accusing him + telling him he was lying. A poly is a tool, even when passed with flying colors LE may tell a person they failed miserably to gauge their reaction. Sociopaths pass all the time, distraught parents sometimes fail. Groene said he failed the question "do you know where your child/ren are?" He said "no". He failed because his heart feared they were dead + gone to heaven, so his subconscious said "yes I know where they are, in heaven." DB is reporting what LE said to her, there is no evidence that she failed or on what questions. LE has not confirmed or clarified this + I don't think they usually do. IIRC it's usually the person taking the poly that comments on the results, either way.

This fence is getting mighty tiresome + uncomfortable...
Yes, I'm miles behind in reading posts...

None of the story adds up........

LE says Window was not the point of entry
They have a Black Labrador..... Dog does not bark
Perp just happens to pick the right house, finds the front door unlocked turns on all the lights without anybody waking up.
Find three cell phones on kitchen counter, takes those.
Happens to know where baby Lisa's room is. (Lisa's room as well as others are closed).
Perp takes Lisa, she does not cry or make any noise, Baby Monitor right by crib and sneaks out the front door without anybody waking up..... Mother or Boys.... nor any of the neighbors heard anything. I'm NOT buying it.

DB also does not have an alibi, she said this herself.... JI on the other hand does.

My opinion, and I believe everybody has the right to their own opinion. Consider all that this family has been through in the past week. I imagine both of the parent's are being treated medically for the amount of stress they are under. That could very much explain the differences in the most recent interviews vs the earlier ones.

As for the dumpster fire, I just don't see the big deal. They live in a pretty heavily populated area, dumpster/trash can fires are probably pretty common. Were I now live, people regularly burn their lawn clippings, downed branches and leaves. When I lived NJ, I wouldn't necessarily know if there was a dumpster fire or brush fire that wasn't big enough to make the news headlines.

The reason she should have told Jeremy is that it should have sent alarm bells ringing that it could be related to Lisa's disappearance, IMO.

Here is a map of how close that fire was:

243543220-07123016.jpg

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-pol...-search-of-baby-lisa-20111007,0,5538504.story

This is a google earth shot of a dumpster at that location. Please note I am not certain this is THE dumpster.

garbagedumpster.jpg

I don't read much into it, who would want to be the person who criticized DB's parenting if it happened to turn out that she had nothing to do with it.

No, I'm saying the exact opposite. I find it odd that I have not heard anyone praise her or comment on GOOD parenting. I don't expect anyone to say anything negative in the media.

No, I'm saying the exact opposite. I find it odd that I have not heard anyone praise her or comment on GOOD parenting. I don't expect anyone to say anything negative in the media.

I'll try to find a link but they did an interview with the checkout girl at the grocery store. She says she sees the family all the time and they seem very nice and loving, etc...

Perp just happens to pick the right house, finds the front door unlocked turns on all the lights without anybody waking up.
Happens to know where baby Lisa's room is. (Lisa's room as well as others are closed).
Perp takes Lisa, she does not cry or make any noise, Baby Monitor right by crib and sneaks out the front door without anybody waking up..... Mother or Boys.... nor any of the neighbors heard anything. I'm NOT buying it.

DB also does not have an alibi, she said this herself.... JI on the other hand does.

I think this could be possible if you go with a non stranger. A person that knows br doors are kept shut so lights would be no prolbem. Possibly Jeremy's rule? He was said to be "ruthless" in his custody battle, but it show it was pretty much uncontested. Switching the monitor to another channel would keep it quiet. Not saying his ex would want a baby, but possibly payback? Some of the things like the window, leaving the lights on, possible phone call or text could be to make parents look guilty, thus ruining their lives by both taking their beloved baby and their reputations. JMO

The no alibi part bothers me....it's like trying to prove a negative. So, if she had been out at One Eyed Jacks (for example) she would have been better off? How does one establish an alibi when they are home where they should be with their children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!