Lisa Irwin Disappearance - Thoughts and Theories ONLY!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to pose this question in the question/ answer thread too, but so many more seam to check out this thread.

If you are the main caregiver of a baby that is caring for a baby that is 10/11 months old, would you expect to put a child down for the night @7:30 and expect that child to sleep through the night? If you looked in on the baby @10:30 and everything looked okay, how long would you expect that baby to sleep? I'm asking the question without factoring in the possibility of the baby having a mild cold/cough.
In the timeline given no one that I know, or in my own experience, would expect a baby at this age to sleep that many hours.
This Mom has stated that Dad woke her at 4:00am.
To be clear, my point is that's a long time to assume that a 10 month old baby with a cough/cold (in the same diaper) would stay sleeping without a sound.
Hard to answer because every baby is unique. Personal experience :twocents: here they'd go down for the night at that age + sleep approx. 11 hours straight through + wake with dry diaper. If they were congested they'd be restless + need checking on every 2 or 3 hours. If they were on the tailend of a cold, vaporizer was doing it's job, they'd sleep through catching up from nights before. So would the parents after a couple nights of that, lol. The only time there was truly a night of no sleep was if a fever came on, then just pack up your drink + snack + camp out in the living room, because nobody was going to sleep. OTOH - A friend has kids who never sleep through the night, at that age, they were up every 2 hours. I think the only way to answer that angle for sure, would be to know what Lisa's sleep habits were in the months prior. :dunno:

I really believe that a pedophile took the baby. It could be someone that was never registered as a SO, someone that would never be suspected of being one. It could be that a neighbor had a friend or family visitor that happened to see baby Lisa on their visit. I wish that LE could take a look at all the neighbors computers. These sickos view child *advertiser censored* very secretly and family members have no clue.

While I disagree with you about it being a stranger abduction, you make a great point about sex offenders that aren't registered. I have a friend who works with witnesses in sex crimes in children and she said she's much less worried about RSOs than she is about the ones that haven't been caught. With RSOs you at least have access to their address, a picture, and their crimes. With sex offenders that haven't been caught yet, they could be living next door, you could be sitting next to them at work, they could be that innocent seeming man at church that just adores your children.

Hard to answer because every baby is unique. Personal experience :twocents: here they'd go down for the night at that age + sleep approx. 11 hours straight through + wake with dry diaper. If they were congested they'd be restless + need checking on every 2 or 3 hours. If they were on the tailend of a cold, vaporizer was doing it's job, they'd sleep through catching up from nights before. So would the parents after a couple nights of that, lol. The only time there was truly a night of no sleep was if a fever came on, then just pack up your drink + snack + camp out in the living room, because nobody was going to sleep. OTOH - A friend has kids who never sleep through the night, at that age, they were up every 2 hours. I think the only way to answer that angle for sure, would be to know what Lisa's sleep habits were in the months prior. :dunno:

Didn't DB say that she gave Lisa a bottle and changed her at 10:30? That would lead me to believe that Lisa did in fact wake up after going to bed at 7:30. Otherwise, why would a mother change a sleeping baby?

Baby Lisa's Parents Take Questions From Reporters - YouTube
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Lmy0Q5U_k&feature=player_embedded"]Baby Lisa's Parents Take Questions From Reporters - YouTube[/ame]

Honestly, even knowing Lisa's sleep habits probably wouldn't help. You put the baby down to sleep, check on her at 10:30, you go to sleep. While on a typical night your baby might wake up at 2:00, this doesn't mean you automatically wake up, the baby usually wakes you up. If the baby was taken prior to the time she'd normally wake, then there is nothing to hear to wake you up. If your baby routinely wakes in the night, then you are most likely sleep deprived and don't awaken.

Didn't DB say that she gave Lisa a bottle and changed her at 10:30? That would lead me to believe that Lisa did in fact wake up after going to bed at 7:30. Otherwise, why would a mother change a sleeping baby?

Baby Lisa's Parents Take Questions From Reporters - YouTube

We've always changed our kids diapers when we went to bed. It doesn't wake them up. We just change their diaper so they don't pee out. Diapers only hold so much, if you have to change them during the night, then changing them when you go to bed, it puts off the night time change by 3 hours if you change them at 10:30 instead of leaving the diaper from 7:30. MOO

There has been some discussion removed about a court case linked to a person that does not seem to be our same mom.
PLEASE do not link to any public records unless it has been confirmed that the links are o the right people.
POsts were removed on this thread for:
linking to sites not allowed
discussing info contained on sites not allowed
linking to bad court case.
discussion of links to bad court case.
inviting private contact to discuss information not allowed on the board.
linking to info not in the MSM

Post lands at random

Thanks JBean. And may I mention that I warned about this yesterday? :sigh:

We've always changed our kids diapers when we went to bed. It doesn't wake them up. We just change their diaper so they don't pee out. Diapers only hold so much, if you have to change them during the night, then changing them when you go to bed, it puts off the night time change by 3 hours if you change them at 10:30 instead of leaving the diaper from 7:30. MOO

The mother's story is pretty confusing, and I can't figure out if she changed the baby at 7:30 or 10:30.

Yes, but to change their entire outfit? That isn't normally done unless, of course, the baby wet them. I have three kids myself and sometimes they woke and sometimes they didn't when changing their diaper. :)

I guess maybe it's interpretation, too. When I hear "changed the baby" I think she changed her diaper, I wouldn't think to assume she changed her clothes.

I can't help thinking that the phone data, whatever it is, is keeping LE right there where they are searching and preventing them from moving away from the family. They wouldn't address the question about a possible 2:30AM call, yet they talked about the store video as soon as it became known to the public and stated clearly that they did not believe it had any effect on Lisa being missing, basically. If indeed a flurry of calls or texts exists from one of the missing phones, that would be a huge reason for LE to focus on the parents, IMO.

I agree that may be the reason LE has searched so close to the home repeatedly with metal detectors + so forth. I'm not sure if it means a focus on the parents though. IF they have a call/text record which implicates parents, yes. However it's possible someone else could take the phones + ditch them quickly, just to get them out of easy reach of the parent at home + not carry a tracking method along with them as they left the area. It's possible the phone usage can be attributed to whoever that might be + not the parent/s. I do think the phones will be key + they are determined to find them for a few reasons, possible fingerprints being one, location they ended up, condition, content, etc. I'm just not positive that will damn the parent/s, but may in fact be to their benefit, IF they're not involved. I so don't want the parent/s to be involved, so I hold onto that dangling thread of hope. I'm realistic though + realize it's the most likely scenario, sadly.

Where is Lisa? Godspeed baby girl.

My DH made an interesting point last night. He said people assume they would wake up if XYZ happened or they assume the dog would bark. But how do you really know?

I am typically a light sleeper and wake up to every little cough or my middle child talking in his sleep. I complain that, once awake, I can't go back to sleep and I wake up easily. HOWEVER, there have definitely been times when I have slept through something when my DH just happened to be awake and he knows I have not even stirred. How would I know what I have slept through unless there is a witness or evidence?

Second, we have dogs who bark. They are annoying they bark so much - at other dogs, cars, people walking, leaves blowing across the yard, etc. But a few weeks ago our house got TPed and neither dog made a sound. We've been making fun of them for it. BUT, as my DH pointed out last night, how do we know they didn't bark? Just because we didn't wake up? I assume I would wake up if they were barking, just like I assumed they would bark if someone were in our yard in the middle of the night. But one of those things did not happen. I have been blaming the dogs, but how do I know?

It just made me wonder about how sure people are that they would wake up. There aren't a lot of cases where parents have slept through an abduction, but it has happened in some cases where there is now no doubt. It makes me feel bad for any parent living under suspicion whose only "crime" is that they didn't wake up.
Excellent post! We all like to assume we'd wake to this or that, our kids would do this or that, our pets would do this or that, etc. But, you are exactly right, we really don't know. I've had same experience, positive I'd wake up if ____ only to be told, I'd snored through the whole thing on that particular night. I've had dogs over the years who barked at everything + dogs who'd only bark with good reason. All the same I've seen both types + me surprised when they "missed it". I still say, if the dog was in the back yard + someone maybe came in the front through an unlocked door, unless there was a ruckus, the dog may have never woke or found reason to bark. Seriously this whole event could've taken 5 minutes or less + all been done in total silence.

I'm still torn between 3 theories, the most likely, the rather complicated but plausible + the rarity. I can reconcile the dog either not barking or not being heard in any of them, sigh. I wonder, did the dog bark when JI came home that morning or other times? In the past when the dog was out back for the night, did he/she bark every time the front door opened?

Something that occurred to me just this morning...if DB wanted to leave her husband and take her kids, the only problem she would encounter would be Lisa. The one boy is not JI's biological child, the other boy is not DB's biological child, so the only child he could fight her on would be Lisa.

Just food for thought.

In the same vain, if JI wanted to get DB out of his house the only thing stopping him would be Lisa. I don't think he'd get full custody of her like he did with the first child. (Would still love to know how that went down) He'd have to pay support for the next 18+ years and DB would still be in his life in some fashion during that time with joint custody issues. And it's convenient that all this happened when he was "at werk".

But I really don't think either of them would be foolish enough to think they could remove the baby, have an investigation that goes cold, and then reunite with her at a later time.

MOO

In the same vain, if JI wanted to get DB out of his house the only thing stopping him would be Lisa. I don't think he'd get full custody of her like he did with the first child. (Would still love to know how that went down) He'd have to pay support for the next 18+ years and DB would still be in his life in some fashion during that time with joint custody issues. And it's convenient that all this happened when he was "at werk".

But I really don't think either of them would be foolish enough to think they could remove the baby, have an investigation that goes cold, and then reunite with her at a later time.

MOO

I'm really not seeing that either, Kamille. Just trying to cover all possible bases.

It was reported all along that she was in bed at 7:30 and checked in on at 10:30.

Now on Nancy Grace and other sources it is stated that she was washed up changed and put to bed at 10:30.

Can anyone make sense of this? Thanks!

It was reported all along that she was in bed at 7:30 and checked in on at 10:30.

Now on Nancy Grace and other sources it is stated that she was washed up changed and put to bed at 10:30.

I learned during the Caylee Anthony debacle that Nancy Grace doesn't report FACTS. Her show is strictly sensationalism.

Im pretty sure there are several links to Lisa going to bed @ 730 and mom going to bed @ 1030.
Id say that Shelbys timeline has links as well as the thread labled media.
this entire cause leaves me confused.

From the mother's mouth: she put Lisa in the crib at 7:30 and then checked on her at 10:30 before she (the mother) went to bed.

All we know for sure is what Deborah said. She said she put the baby to sleep at 7:30.

And yes, Nancy Grace and JVM misstated many things last night and the night before, including the baby's bed time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member