Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to clarify, in case there's any question -
I only post the articles & links for discussion and informational purposes. I usually try to include a few snippets, that are pertinent to our discussion, and for future reference.

Just because I pull a quote from an article should in no way be construed to mean that I am supportive of what's written or that I believe what is written or said by people interviewed.

Just take the articles for whatever they're worth.

And, please don't shoot the messenger. ;)

Liz~ Good job at pulling that quote. It tells me how naive people can be.

Now as far as them only speaking a few words in months, I assure you that is a lie! She might have been avoiding him until she could get out of the situation, but even afraid of him...she was talking or arguing with him. She had already taken steps to redeem her self esteem and was feeling stronger by the day. (I keep thinking of the butterflies!) Remember, that was HIS statement! Frankly, I think it came to head when she let it slip during a fight she had filed to have him removed. It escalated things to a point for him where he snapped. This is all my personal opinion, but seems like the breaking point in this scenario.

I saw partial coverage of this case last night on Nancy Grace. She can be so rude at times. I don't mind if her nasty attitude is directed towards defense lawyers and their "spin" of cases, but last night she was rude to a family member of Lisa Stebic.

As much as I want to know more about this case, I still turned the channel. There's no reason NG had to pull her "I didn't ask you about the search warrant, I asked you if you asked the police department about the blood on the tarp" crap on a family member!!!

(jumping off my soapbox)

Snippets from 5/21 article, Craig Stebic unsurprised by discovery of blood:

The blood police found in Craig Stebic's truck had to have come from a dead animal he hunted, the Plainfield resident said Monday afternoon.

"We do a lot of hunting," he said. "I know there's blood all over the back of the truck. For them to find blood in the back of the truck doesn't surprise me a bit."

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/home/395090,5_1_JO21_STEBICWEB_S1.article

Hmmm, kinda reminds me of the infamous quote from a west coast murderer, similar to "Men bleed. That's what we do." I could have it backwards now, but you'll all remember - it was a classic.

What an idiot...IMO, of course.

FNC just showed photos of the two Stebic kids...something seems wrong to me about that. I could see if it was a family photo or something but they showed big, head-and-shoulders portraits, like school pics.

Beautiful children, though.

He obviously wasn't watching TV during the Peterson trial. His hunting story racks up with Scott's fish (which was too big for the boat and no live bait). And there's blood all over the vehicle.

I really hope her family can jump in there at the time of the arrest and take over those kids. His family appears to be enablers, and I fear the kids will end up blaming their mother for her disappearance.

If you don't think kids can be brainwashed, look at the Ratliff girls (Mike Peterson's wards). And they were grown when Kathleen Peterson was murdered.

Hmmm, kinda reminds me of the infamous quote from a west coast murderer, similar to "Men bleed. That's what we do." I could have it backwards now, but you'll all remember - it was a classic.

What an idiot...IMO, of course.

you took the words out of my mouth-:doh:

FNC just showed photos of the two Stebic kids...something seems wrong to me about that. I could see if it was a family photo or something but they showed big, head-and-shoulders portraits, like school pics.

Beautiful children, though.

Wow--my first reaction to this was that they want to make sure people recognize these kids just in case he decides to take off with them.....Right now, since I don't watch the news, I wouldn't know what they look like....

I'm probably wrong on this and it's just the media being the media....

So, per neighbors, he's now going on with his life, not talking to the media, not talking to LE, going to work and doing 'landscaping.' Blood in the back of his truck is no big deal.

So, what IF the shovels etc that he's using to 'landscape' his house while everyone else is looking for Lisa, he used in the CRIME, and by using the tools around the house, evidence is being destroyed?

I mean, it had been two weeks since the hearing where Lisa had asked for child support and spousal support and he'd told her he wouldn't pay her a dime and he could 'make her disappear without a trace.' .............and she did!

He had two weeks to pick a locaction, dig a grave (to be ready), kill her and take her to the predug grave and just have to cover her up.

I don't know if any of you saw airiel views of the home, but the one I saw showed a pick-up truck with the bed FULL of cra*.

PLUS, although he showed LE his guns and they hadn't been fired, what if he had a gun LE didn't know about? or he borrowed a gun? He may have gotten rid of the 'murder weapon' at the same time he did the victim.

What bothers me is there are so many places he could have buried her. I do believe he buried her rather than throwing her in a river or water where she could come back up. I think he used a forested area where she could be buried undetected.

JMHO
fran

The problem with the case so far, and likely the reason no charges have been filed is that you need two things. 1) Proof that a crime has been committed and 2) proof that someone did it.

To date, they haven't been able to prove a crime has been committed beyond reasonable doubt, and unless the amount of blood found on the tarp is significant enough in volume to have led to death, blood on a tarp is circumstantial at best without a dead body.

I'm really hoping that the police have much more evidence that they aren't discussing if they are going to charge him. Otherwise, I see acquital.

That's too bad because CS is doing things that make you think it is him, but again, no solid proof. He is hard to believe. At least you could believe OJ because he dedicated his life to finding the real killer of his wife. (LOL) But remember, with OJ, there was a body, and they still didn't get a conviction.

Wow--my first reaction to this was that they want to make sure people recognize these kids just in case he decides to take off with them.....Right now, since I don't watch the news, I wouldn't know what they look like....

I'm probably wrong on this and it's just the media being the media....

I wouldn't doubt that didn't cross the media's mind as well. But, I think they showed the kids pictures because CS is going into court in about 15 minutes to try and gain (temporary) full custody of them.

I am watching Fox news right now and they were reporting this morning from Joliet that CS is going for sole custody....hearing is right now...Fox is live...waiting for a press conf.! So Stay tuned to Fox for the latest on this case.
BTW I live 25 miles south of Plainfield and have been following this case from the beginning it reminds me alot of the Laci Peterson case, CS is shades of Skooter don't you think??

The problem with the case so far, and likely the reason no charges have been filed is that you need two things. 1) Proof that a crime has been committed and 2) proof that someone did it.

To date, they haven't been able to prove a crime has been committed beyond reasonable doubt, and unless the amount of blood found on the tarp is significant enough in volume to have led to death, blood on a tarp is circumstantial at best without a dead body.

I'm really hoping that the police have much more evidence that they aren't discussing if they are going to charge him. Otherwise, I see acquital.

That's too bad because CS is doing things that make you think it is him, but again, no solid proof. He is hard to believe. At least you could believe OJ because he dedicated his life to finding the real killer of his wife. (LOL) But remember, with OJ, there was a body, and they still didn't get a conviction.

I agree close observer. I keep thinking "if the gloves don't fit....." I thought for sure we'd know something before the custody hearing this morning.

I am watching Fox news right now and they were reporting this morning from Joliet that CS is going for sole custody....hearing is right now...Fox is live...waiting for a press conf.! So Stay tuned to Fox for the latest on this case.
BTW I live 25 miles south of Plainfield and have been following this case from the beginning it reminds me alot of the Laci Peterson case, CS is shades of Skooter don't you think??

surely there cant be a judge anywhere in these US of A states, that would grant this, at this time, under these circumstances-- would there? :mad:

surely there cant be a judge anywhere in these US of A states, that would grant this, at this time, under these circumstances-- would there? :mad:
NO j2mirish you are right.I am hoping the ruling will go in favor of the kids leaving their Dad and going to live with a aunt, Grandma anyone else but this man ( Father) so they will be safe. I wonder if he is afraid that the kids know something and he is fighting like HE$% to keep them from talking?? JMO

NO j2mirish you are right.I am hoping the ruling will go in favor of the kids leaving their Dad and going to live with a aunt, Grandma anyone else but this man ( Father) so they will be safe. I wonder if he is afraid that the kids know something and he is fighting like HE$% to keep them from talking?? JMO

I dont think the judge grant custody to someone else right now, it hasnt been ask- HE is just filing for SOLE custody- :sick:

reported that "It appears" that the judge denied sole custody for CS

Update~~
Just on Fox News Jeff Goldblatt at the courthouse has told Fox News that the Judge denied CS full custody!

Update~~
Just on Fox News Jeff Goldblatt at the courthouse has told Fox News that the Judge denied CS full custody!

Phew! :)

Like someone else said, no one else is going after the kids so granting him sole custody at this point is a little premature, IMHO.

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members