Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2 Part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this means the children are still with the relative?! I would be so relieved to find out this is where they are!

"We just have to hold out hope as long as we possibly can," Greenberg told FOX News on Monday.
He said Lisa's family was "very concerned" about the couple's children, ages 10 and 12, and how they're holding up while their mother is missing. Greenberg said Craig Stebic brought the children to stay with another relative two weekends ago to take a break from the media frenzy surrounding the case.
"It's very important we try to preserve as much of a normal life as possible for these children," Greenberg said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,274418,00.html

The children were home when the house was searched, and spent several hours in a police car, and it was said earlier within the forum, there were several kids playing in the home yesterday.

The original report over the weekend said the bloody tarp report was not officially confirmed. has it been now? Thanks Fran :blowkiss:

Jelly, see my post 151. It worked for a judge to get a SW, so I would say that's confirmation enough. I could be wrong.:innocent:

fran

Jelly, see my post 151. It worked for a judge to get a SW, so I would say that's confirmation enough. I could be wrong.:innocent:

fran

:laugh: Fran you crack me up!

I would say getting the SW for some 'deer' blood is confirmation enough too! oh wait.... it was 'rabbit', wait.... I don't own a tarp..... CS :behindbar

fran
It said that in the article over the weekend too fran. So, while I think it is true, i do not know if it is still only comig from "unamed sources" and not officially confirmed.

ETA: Post 48. I am just trying to figure out if more has come out or if it the same "leak" from Saturday.

I guess he wants us to believe a 'deer' has the same DNA as Lisa.:doh:

JMHO
fran

I was thinking he was speaking a half-truth ... the truth being it was the blood of his dear wife.

I was thinking he was speaking a half-truth ... the truth being it was the blood of his dear wife.

Good one Liz. And what do you think of the "rabbit" story? - perhaps a euphemism for his "honey bunny":rolleyes:

I drove by the house about an hour ago. All doors closed and lights off. There are still three news crews camped across the street with cameras pointed at the house. I hope the kids don't have to see this.

I drove by the house about an hour ago. All doors closed and lights off. There are still three news crews camped across the street with cameras pointed at the house. I hope the kids don't have to see this.

Cockroach, when you say you hope the kids don't have to see "this", do you mean the news cameras or are you referring to something you think might happen shortly (i.e. an arrest)? It sure seems like the media is expecting something any moment, maybe they have info we don't.

It sounds like the kids are probably elsewhere - let's hope so.

Cockroach, when you say you hope the kids don't have to see "this", do you mean the news cameras or are you referring to something you think might happen shortly (i.e. an arrest)? It sure seems like the media is expecting something any moment, maybe they have info we don't.

It sounds like the kids are probably elsewhere - let's hope so.

Utopia I meant the camera crews. They look a little intimidating with all the equipment. Maybe they DO know something we don't. I have a feeling something is about to happen.:twocents:

It said that in the article over the weekend too fran. So, while I think it is true, i do not know if it is still only comig from "unamed sources" and not officially confirmed.

ETA: Post 48. I am just trying to figure out if more has come out or if it the same "leak" from Saturday.

ok JBean, I gotcha............ehh.......I think it's the same leak and I think it's already been tested. LE isn't saying anything but someone is. Believe me, when an item goes to the lab, there's a LOT of people that know it's there and know the results.

Some dummy with a big mouth 'spilled the beans' to a reporter. They better hope no one finds out their the source or they will be history in that lab and need to look for another line of work. Secrecy in crime labs is imparitive.

JMHO
fran

PS.........from Liz "I was thinking he was speaking a half-truth ... the truth being it was the blood of his dear wife.":D

Utopia I meant the camera crews. They look a little intimidating with all the equipment. Maybe they DO know something we don't. I have a feeling something is about to happen.:twocents:

The kids are used to the camera crews by now. It has been three weeks of nearly constant coverage. Only last Wednesday and Thursday was it "light" on coverage.

ok JBean, I gotcha............ehh.......I think it's the same leak and I think it's already been tested. LE isn't saying anything but someone is. Believe me, when an item goes to the lab, there's a LOT of people that know it's there and know the results.

Some dummy with a big mouth 'spilled the beans' to a reporter. They better hope no one finds out their the source or they will be history in that lab and need to look for another line of work. Secrecy in crime labs is imparitive.

JMHO
fran

PS.........from Liz "I was thinking he was speaking a half-truth ... the truth being it was the blood of his dear wife.":D
I agree with you Fran.. as usual.

Snippets from Neighbors Respond To News of Stebic Blood

(CBS) Plainfield, Ill. Blood from a missing Plainfield woman has reportedly been found in her husband's truck. CBS 2's Joanie Lum spoke with Lisa Stebic's neighbors about the new lead.

Sources told the Naperville Sun, the blood evidence convinced a judge to issue a search warrant of the Stebic's home last week.

Neighbors say they aren't sure what to think of Craig Stebic, who was in the process of divorcing Lisa when she disappeared.

"He acts like it's a normal life," said neighbor Lisa Maggio who lives next to Stebic. "He does landscaping, goes to and from work. He acts like it's normal day to day, like she's coming home tomorrow; he doesn't seem like a normal father of kids should act of a missing mother."

~snip~

The family says it won't be making any more public statements for a while.

http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/local_story_140180625.html

Lisa's family has tirelessly worked for the past three weeks to get her name and face out there. I pray they get some answers soon. Sadly, things are not looking favorable for Lisa's return. :(

I wonder what sort of landscaping he's been doing. Maybe he was burying the murder weapon or other items and then planting things over the spot.

Oh, he couldn't be THAT stupid! Well..then again. He could. Look at the Grant case...hubby got rid of her body pieces then went back several times and ended up bringing home the torso to store in his garage (according to his confession)!

I wonder what sort of landscaping he's been doing. Maybe he was burying the murder weapon or other items and then planting things over the spot.

Could be, vicki.

I'd been thinking maybe there's platinum and gold buried on that property. As in Visa or Master Cards. Maybe even buried a cell phone.

Gives new meaning to planting evidence. ;)

Utopia, I liked your honey bunny euphemism. :o

Hmmm..just had a thought. Maybe the reason he was 'in the backyard' for his 'alibi' was in case one of the neighbors happened to see him carrying shovels, with dirt all over him, or something of that nature later that evening? He could always fall back on..."But I was working in my yard...I told you that!"

That's sounds reasonable to me, Seriously!

Snippets from 5/21 article, Craig Stebic unsurprised by discovery of blood:

The blood police found in Craig Stebic's truck had to have come from a dead animal he hunted, the Plainfield resident said Monday afternoon.

"We do a lot of hunting," he said. "I know there's blood all over the back of the truck. For them to find blood in the back of the truck doesn't surprise me a bit."

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/home/395090,5_1_JO21_STEBICWEB_S1.article

Snippets from 5/21 article, Craig Stebic unsurprised by discovery of blood:

The blood police found in Craig Stebic's truck had to have come from a dead animal he hunted, the Plainfield resident said Monday afternoon.

"We do a lot of hunting," he said. "I know there's blood all over the back of the truck. For them to find blood in the back of the truck doesn't surprise me a bit."

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/home/395090,5_1_JO21_STEBICWEB_S1.article

I really doubt that Lisa would have gone hunting with Craig as they were getting a divorce and only speaking a word a month! That was probably when he called her a dirty name. I hope he isn't trying to say that they had been hunting lately and got a deer and that is why there was blood on the tarp...her blood because she cut herself when he made her gutt and cut up the deer.

By the sounds of it Lisa stayed away from home as much as possible when Craig was there. I really can't see her going hunting with him and him carrying a gun. By the remarks that she had made she seemed to think that he may end up killing her.....and he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez