Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2 Part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad sole custody was denied. You never can tell what judges are going to do, like giving OJ custody of his kids. The thing is, the law has to be followed, and even if a judge believes with all his heart and soul this man killed his wife, without solid evidence to support it, his hands are tied.

The problem with the case so far, and likely the reason no charges have been filed is that you need two things. 1) Proof that a crime has been committed and 2) proof that someone did it.

To date, they haven't been able to prove a crime has been committed beyond reasonable doubt, and unless the amount of blood found on the tarp is significant enough in volume to have led to death, blood on a tarp is circumstantial at best without a dead body.

I'm really hoping that the police have much more evidence that they aren't discussing if they are going to charge him. Otherwise, I see acquital.

That's too bad because CS is doing things that make you think it is him, but again, no solid proof. He is hard to believe. At least you could believe OJ because he dedicated his life to finding the real killer of his wife. (LOL) But remember, with OJ, there was a body, and they still didn't get a conviction.

I truly believe there is much LE is holding back. LE is probably also busy gathering additional information we're not aware of.

Just the fact that her blood is on the tarp, (indication of violence), she's missing without a trace, LE can build a case without a body. It can be done and has been upheld in many cases.

Although, for the time being, the perp has gotten rid of the body, it doesn't mean that he's in the clear. Remember, there are no classes on how to commit the perfect crime, just people who think they know how to get away with it. The prisons are full of those that 'forgot' important points in covering their tracks.:slap:

FWIW, a circumstantial case isn't that hard to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt. Without a body, it might be more difficult, but not impossible. Craig has a bulls-eye on him and LE isn't going to let up until they get their mark.

JMHO
fran

"What (Craig Stebic) is doing is he's forcing the police to look at him as a suspect, and if there is somebody else out there that may have committed this crime, if a crime was committed, he's diverting police resources to himself," Miller added, "and that's just outrageous!

May 22, 2007 5:53 am US/Central
http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_142071522.html

Report: Stebics May Have Had Financial Trouble
CBS 2 Legal Expert Says There's No Evidence Of A Crime Yet

(CBS/Naperville Sun) PLAINFIELD, Ill. Mortgages on the Plainfield home of Craig and Lisa Stebic exceed the home's value, public records show.

As CBS 2 News partner the Naperville Sun reports, while it is not uncommon for couples going through a divorce to find their main residence drained of its value, the records indicate that couple may have overextended themselves financially.
Within the past week, reports have surfaced that Craig Stebic recently was laid off from his job as a pipefitter, and Lisa Stebic was moving forward with a petition to evict Craig from the couple's shared home.

According to Lisa Stebic's petition, she earns less than $10,000 a year as a lunchroom worker and Craig Stebic had earned more than $80,000 annually at his union job.

While only liens on a property are public record, the couple's history of taking multiple mortgages on their Plainfield home and later refinancing for larger amounts shows they were looking for cash.

Assuming Craig and Lisa Stebic had no other outstanding debt such as credit cards or student loans, they are paying as much as $3,000 per month for the two outstanding mortgages on their property when taxes and homeowners insurance are included. Utilities and other household expenses, such as groceries, would be additional expenses the couple would have to cover each month.

The Stebics' Plainfield home that was purchased in 2000 for $208,411 now has $313,000 in mortgages on it, according to records from the Will County recorder of deeds' office. Many homeowners liquidate the equity in the homes, a mortgage broker said.

Each time the Stebics' Plainfield home increased in value, Craig Stebic took a second mortgage on the home.

According to documents obtained from the Will County recorder of deeds' office, those smaller second mortgages would later be rolled into a larger refinanced mortgage, the latest in 2002 for $248,000. But once again, a second mortgage was taken out two years later, drawing the equity from the home to the tune of an additional $65,000.

More at site

Fran, very good post :dance: You know what else LE is doing? They are testing that possible evidence they took from his house. Probably in a hurry too. CS has to wondering what else he over looked besides the blood on the tarp.

I wonder if they took the shovles he was using in his landscaping?? and.....why on earth would someone do a bunch of landscaping in a yard of a house that would be an issue in a divorce settlement? :waitasec: I dont think so--- even if he thought he would retain the house, I dont think he would have taken the chance

j2, I believe Craig's job is probably a physically tiring one and yet he gets home repotedly at 5:40 and he's doing yard work by 6? :innocent:

j2, I believe Craig's job is probably a physically tiring one and yet he gets home repotedly at 5:40 and he's doing yard work by 6? :innocent:
yea.......not only is it tiring, depending on the job sites, more than likely a hot sweaty, dirty one too--- just what I would want to do when I came home from work--more laborus, dirty work- to benefit more than likely the soon to be ex...:cool:

I truly believe there is much LE is holding back. LE is probably also busy gathering additional information we're not aware of.

Just the fact that her blood is on the tarp, (indication of violence), she's missing without a trace, LE can build a case without a body. It can be done and has been upheld in many cases.

Although, for the time being, the perp has gotten rid of the body, it doesn't mean that he's in the clear. Remember, there are no classes on how to commit the perfect crime, just people who think they know how to get away with it. The prisons are full of those that 'forgot' important points in covering their tracks.:slap:

FWIW, a circumstantial case isn't that hard to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt. Without a body, it might be more difficult, but not impossible. Craig has a bulls-eye on him and LE isn't going to let up until they get their mark.

JMHO
fran

Fran, I truly hope you are right. What concerns me is that this is still classified as a missing persons case. Again, that may be just so LE doesn't have to divulge any information. On the other hand, I would think that if they classified it as a criminal case, they could dedicate more resources in that direction.:banghead:

"May 22, 2007 5:53 am US/Central
http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_142071522.html

Report: Stebics May Have Had Financial Trouble
CBS 2 Legal Expert Says There's No Evidence Of A Crime Yet

(CBS/Naperville Sun) PLAINFIELD, Ill. Mortgages on the Plainfield home of Craig and Lisa Stebic exceed the home's value, public records show.

As CBS 2 News partner the Naperville Sun reports, while it is not uncommon for couples going through a divorce to find their main residence drained of its value, the records indicate that couple may have overextended themselves financially.
Within the past week, reports have surfaced that Craig Stebic recently was laid off from his job as a pipefitter, and Lisa Stebic was moving forward with a petition to evict Craig from the couple's shared home.

According to Lisa Stebic's petition, she earns less than $10,000 a year as a lunchroom worker and Craig Stebic had earned more than $80,000 annually at his union job.

While only liens on a property are public record, the couple's history of taking multiple mortgages on their Plainfield home and later refinancing for larger amounts shows they were looking for cash.

Assuming Craig and Lisa Stebic had no other outstanding debt such as credit cards or student loans, they are paying as much as $3,000 per month for the two outstanding mortgages on their property when taxes and homeowners insurance are included. Utilities and other household expenses, such as groceries, would be additional expenses the couple would have to cover each month.

The Stebics' Plainfield home that was purchased in 2000 for $208,411 now has $313,000 in mortgages on it, according to records from the Will County recorder of deeds' office. Many homeowners liquidate the equity in the homes, a mortgage broker said.

Each time the Stebics' Plainfield home increased in value, Craig Stebic took a second mortgage on the home.

According to documents obtained from the Will County recorder of deeds' office, those smaller second mortgages would later be rolled into a larger refinanced mortgage, the latest in 2002 for $248,000. But once again, a second mortgage was taken out two years later, drawing the equity from the home to the tune of an additional $65,000.
More at site

Rut-roe!:eek:

Not only was Lisa asking for child support and alimony, but the husband lost his job a week ago,............... or are we just learning about it in the past week or so?:confused:

They owe more on their house than it is worth!:waitasec:

Lisa just sent out a document to have him evicted!:doh:

Lisa disappears without a trace.:(

A neighbor reports Lisa missing.:silenced:

Motive$, means, and opportunity.

Craig is in, big, big, trouble.:behindbar

I think the big house is preparing his new room. The circumstances are starting to build those walls with bars and all!:slap:

Buh-bye Craig.:p Your special day is coming.:loser:

JMHO
fran

if anyone has the address I can look up the title records on the house.
Oh! n/m I can do it by name. if anything comes up I'll let you all know.

I did just find some vacant land owned by Craig only.

ETA: okay it must be the home. It is still showing as vacnt land from when the subdivider owned it.
Still looking for info.

OMG Fran that expression! I've heard NG say that so many times and it drives me crazy that I've never been able to figure out what it means! Is it a short form for something or is it just her own code? Can you please, please clue me in?! :o TIA

Utopia

In light of their house being mortgaged to the hilt, it does add even more fuel to the fire for motive. It makes me wonder if Lisa even knew this at the time she went missing. I am sure she knew they were short on cashflow, but to what extent? I don't think they had filed for discovery on finances etc. or had come to that point in the divorce proceedings to be aware of the situation.

What were they doing with all the money? Home improvements? That is certainly a lot of cash. Should be accounted for somewhere. Did Craig have a gambling addiction? It raises more questions.

OMG Fran that expression! I've heard NG say that so many times and it drives me crazy that I've never been able to figure out what it means! Is it a short form for something or is it just her own code? Can you please, please clue me in?! :o TIA

Utopia
It's from Scooby Doo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members