LIST Case Questions and Answers For Members #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Zenaida's attorney, Morgan, on Jane Velez Mitchell yesterday and he said he would be willing to postpone George's depo, but actually George seemed very strong and well at Caylee's memorial, speaking and singing. (and then we saw how strong George was at Haleigh Cummings' search site)

Morgan said he really wants to depose Cindy and Lee.
Morgan said that the Anthony's attorneys would have to file a motion for a protective order to keep the media out of the depos - that it is not up to Morgan about the media being there.

Thank you, ThinkTank !

Does anyone know what the timeline would be for the new 1,100 page doc dump in that when did/do the defense get to see it?

What I am trying to ask is, we are being told the the media will have access to the 1,100 pages and more than likely post them as they have in the past for the public to see.

But when does or did the defense team have access to view them? Is it before the media?

Has the defense had this paperwork and how long...anyone know?

Kat- revising my original post of Monday. Apparently there were 2 sets of docs released. First set 2 days before he went into hospital. 2nd set on Mon.

<<Two days after defense attorney Jose Baez got the hundreds of "bombshell" documents last week, he went into the hospital for tests. His spokeswoman said he had a stomach ache, but said it's nothing that will slow down his work on the case.

Monday, another 1,100 pages of evidence was handed over to the defense team, including transcripts of statements witnesses gave to investigators and there's more computer evidence in the case that will go public sometime soon.>>

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3325307&postcount=182 (so 500 pgs. +1100pgs)

Can someone please advise me on how to Mirror a myspace page before it is put to private?

by mirror, do you mean copy it? If so, press shift and Prt SCR (next to your F12 key at the top of keyboard), then open whatever graphic program you use, like Photoshop or other, and paste it to a new page.

I mentioned this in a few other threads. In the jail tape of KC and her parents (replayed on NG again last night)...KC's mom is telling KC that because JB is away in NY that if she needs to talk she can reach out to Dominick. KC is irritated and responds that she KNOWS he is in NY because he is in NY on business for her. Did anyone every figure out what that particular business was? Or have any theories?

This is interesting. According to my criminal law books, grand jury testimony may not be substituted for live testimony of a trial witness (if they are available) because the defense did not get a chance to cross-examine. Not arguing, just remember discussing this in class. Can you possibly shed some light on this for me?

That's a valid statement....

That is why I capitalized the word "CAN"....the defense always argues "lack of opportunity to cross-examine" (Confrontation Clause)

In cases where the witness is dead or in some other way unable to testify and the defendent or someone working on behalf of the defendent is found to be, in some way responsible, then Grand Jury testimony "CAN" be allowed since the actions of the defendent precluded the defense from being able to cross examine.

If GA tried to get out of testifying by saying he was mentally unstable and won, I would not be surprised to see the DA argue this point.....explaining that Casey's actions directly led to GA being in an unstable frame of mind and she cannot benefit from it.

Another point is that if GA should simply refuse to testify and his GJ testimony is corroborated by other witnesses' testimony and documentation then it "CAN" be allowed.

The Confrontation Clause is not written in stone, thankfully!

I'm not saying the judge would allow it in this case but it is a possibility.

Thanks for clearing that up- I know the federal law is discretionary, where court documents do not have to be released until the trial (if ever). During the Joseph Duncan case, documents were only released during the trial - and the more graphic evidence was sealed and even the court was closed during testimony so the details wouldn't get out.

I'm surprised the FL SA doesn't decline to release the information to the public, since its clearly prejudicial and gives potential jurors plenty of time to talk about and dissect the evidence - which they wouldn't have if they were shown for the first time during the trial. JMO

I didn't follow the Duncan case. I couldn't.

The FL SA or AG wouldn't want to step into this case and do something the public wouldn't like...too much attention...
And there really is no need to hold back these particular documents. Doc dumps are like the tip of an iceberg.......the real danger is what you don't see.

Although the DA is not REQUIRED to release these docs since it is an ongoing investigation, neither is he PROHIBITED from doing so.

Any advice as to when the doc dump arrives, which outlet provides the docs that are easiest to read?

A lot of dedicated websluethers helped post last time better links to the documents. I prefer to read them from our links - unless a website has them for download. I hate starting to read something and then the site crashes and I have to find out where I was again.

Doc Dump (chants).... off topic...there's a woot off going on while we wait.

I just read on Orlando Sentinel that a pink shirt was found with Caylee's body. Isn't that what GA said he saw Caylee wearing when they left the house on the 16th?

Sorry, my brain is still asleep, I've only had I cup of coffee!

i have onlt been reading the updates on the docs released today for about 10 mins, and yet....is anyone else getting a sick feeling that these docs are setting up a psych defense? Friends repeatedly stating KC was feeling crazy, imagining relationship w/ Brandon. Does anyone else see this as possible?

i have onlt been reading the updates on the docs released today for about 10 mins, and yet....is anyone else getting a sick feeling that these docs are setting up a psych defense? Friends repeatedly stating KC was feeling crazy, imagining relationship w/ Brandon. Does anyone else see this as possible?

But if JB tries to pull some sort of diminished capacity defense he would also have to admit to culpability on his clients part. I don't think he wants to do that.

I'm convinced he is going to point the finger at someone else and that's going to be the defense, no defense (reasonable doubt)

This case reminds me of David Westerfield. His attorney could not defend him because the prosecution was so strong. Feldman just kept picking away and pointing fingers. One of those fingers was pointed at Westerfield's own son. Of course, it didn't work and it won't work in this case either....jmo

I did a search on threads for Cindy's inconsistencies/possible tampering or obstruction/lies and found they were all locked. I don't know where to put this, but I think it is important to show a) she was using the computer in Casey's name b) using her email account c) signing Casey's name to things she sent out.

While Downing was visiting the Anthony home, Casey Anthony found Cindy Anthony on the computer using Casey's email address and signing emails with Casey's name. They argued about it, but Cindy Anthony told her daughter that "if this can find us Caylee, then you know I'm going to do whatever I can."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...asey-anthony-discovery-021809,0,5750058.story

Do we need to start over on a thread for these things or am I missing one?

Downloadable Docs (pdf)

http://www.wftv.com/news/18739816/detail.html

EVIDENCE PHOTOS: Anthony Home | Remains Scene

DOCUMENTS RELEASED FEBRUARY 18:
Evidence Reports For Submissions To FBI
Supplemental Report Released On 2-18-09
Sheriff's Office Evidence Property Forms Sheriff's Office Crime Scene Reports

I did a search on threads for Cindy's inconsistencies/possible tampering or obstruction/lies and found they were all locked. I don't know where to put this, but I think it is important to show a) she was using the computer in Casey's name b) using her email account c) signing Casey's name to things she sent out.

While Downing was visiting the Anthony home, Casey Anthony found Cindy Anthony on the computer using Casey's email address and signing emails with Casey's name. They argued about it, but Cindy Anthony told her daughter that "if this can find us Caylee, then you know I'm going to do whatever I can."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...asey-anthony-discovery-021809,0,5750058.story

Do we need to start over on a thread for these things or am I missing one?

I hate to say start a thread b/c I don't want to make life any easier for JB, since I have a feeling CA is ultimately one of the ones he's going to point the finger at.:)

Did I miss the statement from the defense. I thought both JB and LKB were going to make a statement after the documents were released ?

I came here to ask the very same question!
LOL, as did I. It's after noon already.

Defense attorneys Jose Baez and Linda Kenney Baden are set to release a statement once the discovery is released tomorrow morning. (From Stacey Newman, Nancy Grace Producer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member