LIST Case Questions and Answers For Members #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question and guess this is a good a place as any to ask it. I went back reading the transcripts from the July 5th visit between KC and parents. While most of KC's responses seemed evasive and such one exchange really stuck out. It came out of the blue and in typical KC fashion she quickly changes the subject.

CA: I have a question
KC: I can honestly say I appreciate it. Yes?
CA : Your tiffany ring...
KC: Uh hum
CA: You know the little heart ring? where is it?
KC : I dont know. i havent seen it for a long time
CA: And who gave you that ring again? i forget.
KC: Jeff [pause]
CA: Ok...uhm, we cant find Jeff

Question is, what makes the ring important? Seems to be a very odd thing to ask about unless CA thought it was somehow connected. It feels as if CA is trying to trip KC up...?

I have a question and guess this is a good a place as any to ask it. I went back reading the transcripts from the July 5th visit between KC and parents. While most of KC's responses seemed evasive and such one exchange really stuck out. It came out of the blue and in typical KC fashion she quickly changes the subject.

CA: I have a question
KC: I can honestly say I appreciate it. Yes?
CA : Your tiffany ring...
KC: Uh hum
CA: You know the little heart ring? where is it?
KC : I dont know. i havent seen it for a long time
CA: And who gave you that ring again? i forget.
KC: Jeff [pause]
CA: Ok...uhm, we cant find Jeff

Question is, what makes the ring important? Seems to be a very odd thing to ask about unless CA thought it was somehow connected. It feels as if CA is trying to trip KC up...?

Interesting observation & question, Cookie.

Since this isn't a discussion thread, perhaps thats a good one to take up on one of the original jailhouse visit threads (dunno if there is one solely for 7/? - can't be 5th...so must be a typo), or, create a thread of its own to discuss further.

Since I've already taken up the real estate...I'll offer two thoughts specific to your question:

1) Cindy was trying to establish a way of asking Casey about people without using names. IOW...talking about objects that only Casey, C&G would know their origin would give them a way to talk about those peeps w/o naming names. Seems low likelihood of this since Cindy comes right out and says, "We can't find Jeff".

2) Cindy was suggesting that the ring being missing, and not being able to find the guy that gave it to her (suggesting some sorta past relationship that ended) to give Casey ideas about casting blame on others...e.g. Jeff? or Jesse. IOW...two things are missing...Caylee & your ring...connect the dots and suggest some stories.

I'm not excited about either of these ideas, but, just to give you an initial reaction. Hope that helps!

you were right..typo..its was July 25. Thank for the response. Will let mods move this to wherever it goes.

I had that problem also, but solved it this way:
I looked for the rotate icon in the Adobe reader toolbar (arrow with semi-circle) but it was not there. So I right clicked on the toolbar which opened a menu. At the bottom of the menu I clicked "more tools". That opened another window with tool options. I clicked on Rotate Clockwise and counter clockwise. Closed the window, clicked on my new icon and the entire PDF file had readable pages. Hopefully this will help.

2.jpg

Good to know! Thanks!:blowkiss:

If casey is tried for murder 1 and the jury believes Casey is guilty but of a lesser charge, is she found not guilty?

If so, can she be tried again, but on a lesser charge?

Hate to be a pest, but does anyone know the answer?????:blushing:

Question! If the defense had accepted the gag order, would none of these videos and doc been released. I bet they are kicking themselves in the butt for fighting that.

If casey is tried for murder 1 and the jury believes Casey is guilty but of a lesser charge, is she found not guilty?

Question! If the defense had accepted the gag order, would none of these videos and doc been released. I bet they are kicking themselves in the butt for fighting that.

Some really good legal questions. I just bumped the thread specifically for legal questions related to the case here.

I'll take both of these over to that thread to see if we can get some answers.

My question to anyone in Florida that might know:

Since there had to be a police report done in George's 'suicide attempt', does the Sunshine Law allow it to be released? I really do not know, but think that it should be under that law.

***I would take no pleasure in reading it, but it does seem to be pertinant to this case.

TIA to anyone answering!

Just read the following: In newly filed court documents, Baez asks the judge to launch an investigation into the video. He also claims a high-ranking jail official monitored a conversation between himself and Anthony and then relayed the details of that conversation to detectives.
Can anyone tell me what Baez is referencing about this jail official...and what was the conversation?
TIA

They won't need to try her again. The grand jury indictment includes a lesser charge of aggravated manslaughter of a child. The jury can find her guilty of this instead of the murder 1 charge. They can also find her guilty of the aggravated child abuse charge along with the murder 1 or aggravated manslaughter charge.

Just read the following: In newly filed court documents, Baez asks the judge to launch an investigation into the video. He also claims a high-ranking jail official monitored a conversation between himself and Anthony and then relayed the details of that conversation to detectives.
Can anyone tell me what Baez is referencing about this jail official...and what was the conversation?
TIA

http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0311/18909551.pdf

TIA

I think he is attempting to suggest that they have not only been videotaped, but audiotaped. That does not make it true and I read nothing from JB which substantiates his claim. Perhaps he'll clear it up for us all in an hour.

Is KC the only one who can choose to kick JB to the curb, or can the Judge or SA request that he be replaced to avoid any chance of an appeal? His performance is SOOOO poor that he really should excuse himself from this case.

They won't need to try her again. The grand jury indictment includes a lesser charge of aggravated manslaughter of a child. The jury can find her guilty of this instead of the murder 1 charge. They can also find her guilty of the aggravated child abuse charge along with the murder 1 or aggravated manslaughter charge.

Thats a relief! Thanks so much for answering the question!

Some really good legal questions. I just bumped the thread specifically for legal questions related to the case here.

FWIW...if the legal questions go in the linked thread above they'll be easier to find later...or perhaps you may find they've already been answered and expanded on there.

What happens if ABC/Disney quits paying the scream team............all this starts over again with new attorneys?
Will Jose get disbarred for all his pranks (hugs, Licorse sharing, etc)?

Okay, watching Geraldo.

Dr. Baden states that "They found chloroform in the baby's hair" regarding a drug test screening.

Is that true, did I hear him wrong? He was commenting not questioning.

Discussion was about Dr. Perper not taking samples of Anna Nicoles hair. And Dr. Baden stated that comment how they DID find traces of chloroform in Caylees hair.

Please forgive me if this was mentioned endlessly as I am not on Anthony board more than a few minutes every week.

Okay, watching Geraldo.

Dr. Baden states that "They found chloroform in the baby's hair" regarding a drug test screening.

Is that true, did I hear him wrong? He was commenting not questioning.

Discussion was about Dr. Perper not taking samples of Anna Nicoles hair. And Dr. Baden stated that comment how they DID find traces of chloroform in Caylees hair.

Please forgive me if this was mentioned endlessly as I am not on Anthony board more than a few minutes every week.

Thanks, PattyCake. I haven't seen this mentioned. Thanks for the heads-up! FWIW...Baden was on-record back in Sep '08, IIRC, that his theory was Casey used chloroform to sedate, enabling her to party, but, mis-dosed and killed Caylee by o.d. Soooo...it'll be interesting to see if this is something new...or Baden just trying to advance an "accidental" theory (again).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member