Little Girls Gyrate in Lingerie

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's obvious these girls have had some serious ballet classes. What a shame to waste all of that talent on this... ugh, I don't know what to call it. As kids when my sister and I were in dance our recitals/shows often went on themes. One year we had mother goose stories that we made into dances... well, you get the idea. It was wholesome good family and kid fun.

I find the song, the costumes and dance moves highly inappropriate for a seven year old. I can't stand the Beyonce video for that song. No way I would allow my young daughter to emulate it. NEVER.

The little girls see dancing like that every time they flip on the TV, and they are obviously all very talented and focused on dance and all the modern styles of it.

I love watching talented children do amazing things. I hate watching those little unformed bodies dressed like ho's.

Part of the beauty and magic of dance is the "exposure" of the human body, and how it is dressed and how lithe and graceful it can be. But good lord, seven year olds grinding their hips and shaking their booties in ho clothes?? Disgusting and wrong.

Excellent post. I'll add it used to be we grew up and asked our parents why they dressed us like dorks. Now kids will grow up and ask their parents why they dressed them like ho's and blasted those pictures all over the net. What the hell is wrong with some parents these days? I can't imagine the fathers of these girls allowing this........ knowing likely the pedo's are getting off on their daughters video. yikes!

The parents just don't have any call to say that it wasn't meant to be seen by others. I can't believe they didn't know that some attendees would film it and probably put it on You Tube. Once that happens, all control is lost. These days with technology and the Internet...what were the parents thinking? And in that video they try to say they didn't have any choice over the costume. Okay, so maybe the dance teacher would have insisted on those costumes. That's when the parents pull their daughter from participation. The lyrics of that song are not for little girls and the costumes were unacceptable. "If you like IT then you should have put a ring on IT" ??!!!? :sick: And then that carp about a man "taking me to infinity and beyond" ? Please. What a message.

No one should be allowed to film minor children, and put them on youtube without express permission.

I found the dance, costuming, and moves totally inappropriate for 7 year old girls.

I"m disgusted.

These poor children....how are they going to feel when they are old enough to understand what all the fuss is about?? Speechless

I find the video highly disturbing. The dance moves, the song choice and the costumes (or lack thereof) are ALL inappropriate. I don't think the parents are bad, just going with a flow I refuse to participate in. The aging of our daughters out of their innocence far too young.

Lots of parents are guilty of making these bad decisions all the time because its easier than standing up and saying "No, Brittney, you may not do that. It is not age appropriate." "I don't care if Ashley and Ambers moms let them, I am not their mother, I am yours"

My daughter is being raised differently than alot of her friends. It is hard to say NO when all the other parents around you seem to be saying yes. But it is important to me that she be a "little girl" while she is a little girl. Not some little girl running around in belly shirts and mini skirts.

Sometimes I think parents just figure if every other parent is doing it they can just go along with the flow. Well, the flow is wrong my friends. Very very wrong.

I remember the first time I saw a Jr troop (teens) perform topless in a stage production in the Bahama's. The dance was beautiful, but I was a little uncomfortable. We were with a couple from Argentina and their three young children. They thought nothing of it. I decided I must be backwards.
We can't allow sick minds to dictate our freedom of expression even though we believe its a little over the edge.
I am okay with this production even though I know its a very unpopular opinion. MOO

Is the dance instructor a male or a female?
I'd be taking a very hard look at them because IMO someone wanting a group of little girls to dance like this has some serious issues.

I get disgusted from the shows where parents put their small children into the pagents. For those parents I've always wondered how they would deal with it if someone told them they had to take their childs place and get up on stage.
I think the parents involved in this should have to do that also, dress them up like their children were and let's see them dance.

Don't some parents get it that there are pedos out there who are getting off by seeing something like this and it backs up their thinking that a little girl likes and wants the sick things they want to do.

My 4 1/2 yo niece is in ballet and they will have a recital in June, the theme is Teddy Bear!

I just don't understand why some parents don't want their small children to be small children.

VB

What comes next? Pole dancing when they're 8...lap dancing when they're 9???? :shakehead:

I don't really have a problem with the song but the costumes and the last sequence in the routine where they look like they are simulating sex is very disturbing.

My daughter is being raised differently than alot of her friends. It is hard to say NO when all the other parents around you seem to be saying yes. But it is important to me that she be a "little girl" while she is a little girl.

My older daughter is 10, and has been raised the same way, a little girl who still loves to play with dolls and pretend. She started school last year after being home-schooled, and her teachers remark on how much more mature she is than her classmates. Sort of surprised me, since we try to keep them age-appropriate, but it makes sense that she wouldn't be so swayed by foolishness.

It's kinda like the frog in the pot of boiling water scenario. It's a gradual process that has been coming on for a long time and that's why some parents aren't disturbed by it. Our young girls are exposed to a media bombardment of activities that are not age appropriate for them. However, many parents are not hands on parents that are aware of what has creeped in. I'm no prude-but you can't expect elementary age children to process what is age appropriate-that's why God created parents. Children need guidance - but not from Britney, Kim, Mylie, Lyndsey, Paris, etc.:snooty:
I remember when this happened on the Kardashians - Kylie was 10 but, obviously already has her moves down!!:banghead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z0h72IGQ5A

No kidding. How do you instruct a 7 year old to do that? Wouldn't an ADULT be VERY uncomfortable telling a 7 year old to do that?

My guess is that they "studied" Beyonce video carefully! However,after watching Beyonce's video-I think these little girls out-gyrated even Beyonce!!:banghead:
[video=youtube;4m1EFMoRFvY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m1EFMoRFvY[/video]

No kidding. How do you instruct a 7 year old to do that? Wouldn't an ADULT be VERY uncomfortable telling a 7 year old to do that?

It depends on the adult, some would be thrilled!!!
That's why I'm questioning who their teacher is.

I would be very interested to hear what other dance teachers think about their routine.

VB

BBM
apparently not but IMO they SHOULD have.

I think the song is upbeat and catchy and I have no problem with young girls doing a dance to it -- it is the slutty costumes and sexual dancing that disturbs me.

I was thinking that it would have been great to have the girls dressed up like a variety of professional "single ladies" -- a business woman, doctor, pilot, scientist, professor, etc -- and then dance a similar, vivacious dance but without the pelvic thrusts. Instead of sending the message that single ladies = *advertiser censored*, they could have shown how single ladies are smart, accomplished, strong, as well as beautiful and full of fun and life. They might have made the national news for setting a great example for girls.

That was just *wrong*.

A couple of months ago, I randomly ended up watching a dance competition for while (I was at the local art center museum, and the competition was going on in one of the theaters, and we were bored). I saw a lot of really talented dancers, including a lot of young girls, and *none* of them were dressed up like strippers or dancing like that. Who lets their little girls *do* that???

I attended a dance recital for my granddaughter Christmas. She is now fifteen and her costume and dance was appropriate. That said, some of the groups much younger than her group were totally shocking to me. All that was lacking was a stripper pole in some of the numbers. The little girls were caressing their bodies and hunching just like the little girls in this video. Some of the costumes were comparable to "working girls" who walk the street to earn their living. I spoke out about it and asked why the parents would let their child be paraded on stage like this and also inquired as to why the instructors were allowed to teach these innocent little girls to act like total *advertiser censored*. I think this is the next step to child *advertiser censored* and should be outlawed. The parents think it is just fine and see so problem with teaching their children to use their bodies for expression. The parents and the dance schools are the problem. Wake up!

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/fea...s_dancing_to_Beyonce_tune_.html#axzz0oJQce2tk

Jenice Armstrong: Whose idea was tots dancing to Beyonce tune?
<snipped>
Since a video of their dance routine was posted on YouTube, it has been seen by more than 2 million viewers and has kick-started an Internet fuss between those who have called the dance routine wildly inappropriate for young girls and those who can't see what the big deal is. Count me in the first group, since the last I heard Beyonce sing "Single Ladies" the lyrics went, "All the single ladies," not the single babies.

Excellent article! IMO :twocents:

I remember the first time I saw a Jr troop (teens) perform topless in a stage production in the Bahama's. The dance was beautiful, but I was a little uncomfortable. We were with a couple from Argentina and their three young children. They thought nothing of it. I decided I must be backwards.
We can't allow sick minds to dictate our freedom of expression even though we believe its a little over the edge.
I am okay with this production even though I know its a very unpopular opinion. MOO

That's just it though, this video of the little girls is a prime example of "sick minds dictating our freedom of expression." Some sick minds decided that it was cool to have little girls dancing in attire and in a manner that appeals to some grown men in our society. It is adult sexuality that is being imposed on little children, not little children who are coming up with a routine and costuming from their own freedom of expression.
If grown women had put this together, and performed it, that's their perogative. I don't think anyone is talking about censorship of that kind of thing. Like the Pussycat Dools. It's not my kind of thing, but they are grown and they have the freedom to express themselves the way they choose.
But these are children who are being fed this and told to do it, taught to do it. They have no ability to discern what may be appropriate or not, exploitative or not - they're kids! That's what their parents and teachers are for.
I think you may be making a contextual ethics argument here, which I understand. For example, in some cultures, it's okay to be naked on the beach. I get that. Doesn't bother me. But I think that argument can be taken too far. If we use it to defend blatant child exploitation, which I feel this is, what's next? Some people argue that it's okay for a 35 year old to marry a 14 year old because that's how they do it in their country. Or it's okay to perform genital mutilation because it's just cultural. Can we say, "Well, kiddie *advertiser censored* is just freedom of expression. Our culture feels it's okay so it's okay!"? I don't think so. I think the line must be drawn at such an argument when it come to children and abuse of them. And I do feel this borders on abuse.
Here's a great post I was e-mailed which I think really sums up the whole issue of these poor kids and why many think it's just wrong! http://jezebel.com/5541636/the-single-ladies-dance--the-crisis-of-girls-sexualization

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HazardPay
Back