Little Girls Gyrate in Lingerie

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have no problem with the music. I have no problem with the costumes. I have no problem with the dance. I have a large problem with it all being done with/by 7 year olds. *That* was one of the most inappropriate age group dance I have ever seen. Wrong, wrong, wrong. On every level.

I do not blame the parents at the end with their excited and happy applause and yells. They were caught up in the whole thing. Hopefully, those involved in the dance studio will strongly reconsider what is age dance appropriate for future recitals.

I think the song is upbeat and catchy and I have no problem with young girls doing a dance to it -- it is the slutty costumes and sexual dancing that disturbs me.

I was thinking that it would have been great to have the girls dressed up like a variety of professional "single ladies" -- a business woman, doctor, pilot, scientist, professor, etc -- and then dance a similar, vivacious dance but without the pelvic thrusts. Instead of sending the message that single ladies = *advertiser censored*, they could have shown how single ladies are smart, accomplished, strong, as well as beautiful and full of fun and life. They might have made the national news for setting a great example for girls.

I could not agree with you more. Perfectly said.
What really gets me, is that when the girls REALLY gyrate, thrust, or shake their rumps, the crowd goes insane. That is the part that grosses me out the most. The crowd is just really getting...aflutter...over little girls dancing in a risque manner. IMO, of course.

The parents must be really weird and trying to live vicariously through little girls. Maybe they'll feel different when some of the girls go to school and make the moves that simulate sex while standing in line or towards another child. They could get into big trouble and end up getting investigated by authorities. I wouldn't even let my kids go play at the home of people who promote this sort of thing, but most of the world probably thinks it's just fine. You'd think people would want their kids to do something very creative and unique instead of trashy dances, in trashy clothes, to nightclub type adult lyrics.

the parents should be investigated by CPS

those poor kids - raised to believe that's acceptable, and now add worldwide humiliation, not to mention being exposed to internet pedophiles

good job 'parents'

I won't post the link, but there is another video of these same little girls "performing", this time to "My Boyfriend's Back (and you're gonna be in trouble)". Some of those lyrics are troubling (you've been tryin'; gonna save my reputation, etc), as well. And the dancing seems even a bit more vulgar and suggestive. Shame on you, parents of these little sex objects. I think Child and Family Services ought to investigate this. I don't care if they're talented, or hard working, or so naive they don't know what they're doing. This is child *advertiser censored*. Nearly naked little girls simulating sex acts, that's what it is. UGGGGHHH

The song and dance don't bother me. The outfits do. I wouldn't let my young daughter wear that, if I had one. I mean, red and black? Those are bordello colors! Thought everybody knew that!

The song doesn't bother me because I remember signing up to sing Billie Jean when I was about 9 in a talent show. The school wouldn't let me do it after listening to it. I had zero idea what they meant and it wasn't until years later that I even realized what the song was about. I suspect this kids don't really know or care either. It's just a catchy tune on the radio.

I think the dance would look a lot less sexual if not for those outfits.

Although the original video has been yanked down, I can only imagine.

I don't get it...kids are kids. They are not strippers, they are not erotic, exotic, enticing, sexy or hot.
Knock it off, America.

I could not agree with you more. Perfectly said.
What really gets me, is that when the girls REALLY gyrate, thrust, or shake their rumps, the crowd goes insane. That is the part that grosses me out the most. The crowd is just really getting...aflutter...over little girls dancing in a risque manner. IMO, of course.

I totally agree with you. The crowd appears to be sexually aroused the more the children gyrate. The video grows more and more disgusting as it continues. Child *advertiser censored* is the next step. The adults contributing and promoting this disgusting display need to rethink their reasoning.

I was in tap dancing when I was six. My mother dressed me as a huge lady bug. I hated her for it.

Bless you, mom. Thanks.

I think the song is upbeat and catchy and I have no problem with young girls doing a dance to it -- it is the slutty costumes and sexual dancing that disturbs me.

I was thinking that it would have been great to have the girls dressed up like a variety of professional "single ladies" -- a business woman, doctor, pilot, scientist, professor, etc -- and then dance a similar, vivacious dance but without the pelvic thrusts. Instead of sending the message that single ladies = *advertiser censored*, they could have shown how single ladies are smart, accomplished, strong, as well as beautiful and full of fun and life. They might have made the national news for setting a great example for girls.

What does the song with lyrics "if you liked it you should have put a ring on it" have to do with professional women?
I fail to see the connection.

Cory Miller, father of one of the girls, told “GMA”; “The girls weren’t meant to be viewed by millions of people.”

Of course not- child *advertiser censored* is usually only viewed in small, select gatherings.

Miller added, "As a father, when you're watching your kid, no. You're looking at it as a proud kid who has really high energy, who doesn't really know what she's doing."

Ah, so she doesn't know she's dancing like a stripper, but you do, and you don't care?

"All the dance troupes do so many different dances, it is a very personal choreography and expression for every troupe and individual. These girls were amazing that day," Peters says, adding, "They were two minutes of an eight hour performance event."

So there were other performances lasting 7 hours and 58 minutes? One question:

Why is this the only one being sensationalized on Youtube if it's just the way these things are done now?

This was not child *advertiser censored*, the crowd getting more sexually aroused by the performance (seriously?), nor the next step towards any such nasty thing. This was, in my opinion, a badly chosen dance/costume for these very young girls. Odds are the dance studio is young of mind and never considered what they were doing. Stupidity at it's finest? Yes.

I have absolutely no doubt that lessons of this "adventure" has been swift in understanding these choices made by all. However, I do not think there was anything sinister intended by studio or by family/audience. It's one thing for a wake up call. It's another to take this event and run with it to the dark side. Unless there is something that points to that as fact, I can't go there and beat up ignorant people. Hopefully, they have been slapped into reality.

imvho

This was not child *advertiser censored*, the crowd getting more sexually aroused by the performance (seriously?), nor the next step towards any such nasty thing. This was, in my opinion, a badly chosen dance/costume for these very young girls. Odds are the dance studio is young of mind and never considered what they were doing. Stupidity at it's finest? Yes.

I have absolutely no doubt that lessons have been of this "adventure" has been swift in understanding these choices made by all. However, I do not think there was anything sinister intended by studio or by family/audience. It's one thing for a wake up call. It's another to take this event and run with it to the dark side. Unless there is something that points to that as fact, I can't go there and beat up ignorant people. Hopefully, they have been slapped into reality.

imvho

You're right, of course. These parents and dance teachers were ignorant, not unsavory. However, they, we, cannot discount the possiblilty that there are unsavory people in the dance world, and in the audience. We don't encourage our children to talk to strangers- why should we encourage them to dance suggestively for strangers?

We'll hope that lessons have been learned, and that there is not a single pervert involved in the world of dance!

This dance number was simply jaw dropping on so many levels. I saw it repeatedly on the news throughout the day and admit I stopped and watched every time.

These girls are amazing dancers, really, top notch. It's terribly unfortunate that their teacher/choreographer didn't have the sense to minimize the sexual component as much as she could. I kept trying to imagine the costumes in different colors, lime green and pink, soft blue and lemon yellow-- cheerful, playful, and childlike colors, in that light the dimensions of the costumes were fine. :) Black and red? Seriously? That was just foolishness on many folks' parts, parents, teacher, studio, and exhibition/contest promoters.

As far as real pedophile interest-- well, I suspect they greedily watch childrens' dance recitals that don't have any overt sexuality-- they are pervs, they see it everywhere. mo

Since the video has been pulled and is now copyrighted by YAK videos, doesn't this mean that they are now charging a fee for news sources to air the video? If that is happening, this has a whole host of implications. Not only does it make the whole thing worse to actually SELL video of these babies dancing like that, it also has ramifications on their future status as dancers in competitions. Many competitions, and MOST high school cheerleading and dance "sports" bar participants from having been paid anything or receiving anything of value in return for their performance.

jmoo

This dance number was simply jaw dropping on so many levels. I saw it repeatedly on the news throughout the day and admit I stopped and watched every time.

These girls are amazing dancers, really, top notch. It's terribly unfortunate that their teacher/choreographer didn't have the sense to minimize the sexual component as much as she could. I kept trying to imagine the costumes in different colors, lime green and pink, soft blue and lemon yellow-- cheerful, playful, and childlike colors, in that light the dimensions of the costumes were fine. :) Black and red? Seriously? That was just foolishness on many folks' parts, parents, teacher, studio, and exhibition/contest promoters.

As far as real pedophile interest-- well, I suspect they greedily watch childrens' dance recitals that don't have any overt sexuality-- they are pervs, they see it everywhere. mo

BBM

I agree. Pervs can find their kicks in the Sears catalog if they want, though this video did creep me out a lot thinking about the attention it is receiving.

My major concern is how these kinds of things make girls see themselves. I am sure they feel proud of themselves for their dance skills - which they should be. But IMO it also teaches them they are sex objects and their worth is in their sex/bodies. Then we wonder why young kids are having babies too early and developing eating disorders, etc - if you sexualize a child too early, I fear they wrap too much of their identity in sex and finding/securing a boyfriend through sex.

I know this is a generalization, and it might be over-dramatic, and that several of those girls could end up going on to great things, etc... but I just don't like this trend at all. It's hard to teach girls personality and brains are important, too, when you're dressing them up like strippers, KWIM?

I am female - and I am more than legs, T and A, thanks.

TY button wasn't sufficient whyaduck. It is hard enough raising young girls in this day of tv music and magazines where almost EVERYTHING is blatant and sexual. It is very dificult in the face of all those outside influences to keep our daughters from falling into the traps you mention above and help them discover their true beauty is in their brains, their strength of conviction, their compassion, etc.

But when parent have become so used to seeing children acting, dressing, dancing as adult women do that it doesn't even phase them anymore and they fail to see the potential longlasting harm that comes with that, it makes me sad for those girls.

Those little girls are so talented, but that dance and the costumes are sooooo inappropriate!!! No way would I ever let my daughter dance like that. My almost 4-year-old daughter is in dance, and they do cute little age-approriate dances in age-appropriate costumes. Their talent is being exploited imo. I don't mind the song, especially because it became popular with younger kids since it was on Alvin and the Chipmunks the Squeakel.

Those little girls are so talented, but that dance and the costumes are sooooo inappropriate!!! No way would I ever let my daughter dance like that. My almost 4-year-old daughter is in dance, and they do cute little age-approriate dances in age-appropriate costumes. Their talent is being exploited imo. I don't mind the song, especially because it became popular with younger kids since it was on Alvin and the Chipmunks the Squeakel.

My two year old son loves this song, and dances to it like a maniac.

But never in lingerie.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbrown@spartanburgcounty.