long weekend break: discuss the latest here #101

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My belief is he literally crawled up that hallway in a desperate attempt to get away from his attacker. It would have been an instinctive reaction and when his strength was depleted, he could crawl no further, she slit his throat.

:cry:

MOO

I can totally see her walking along behind him as he tries to crawl away. She's a sadistic, evil piece of trash.

It sounds crazy, but every night I fall asleep watching cartoons after watching this trial and reading about the various evidence and aspects of this case. This woman is a demon and scares the bejeezus out of me.

So, I just got back from my law school classes and missed JM's follow-up, but I'm watching it now on YouTube.

My only comments are that:

1. Wow...the Juanettes should be proud!
2. Why do I feel bad for this guy? It kind of feels like the ending of Braveheart when the masses were yelling, "Mercy!"
3. On second thought, f'em...he's now earning every bit of the $250 an hour.

imho: This stunningly awful and outrageous 'expert' for the defense is nailing Jodi Arias' coffin shut on her. I also wonder, due to his conduct in this case alone, how many complaints to his governing boards have already been made.

Aside from his unethical conduct, he's certainly letting JM get to him in court. Oh, I understand WHY he snaps back and gets riled up; that's part of what JM wants, after all, and he knows just how to do it. Considering he has been in the psychology business for 35 years, as he's so fond of telling us over and over again, you'd think he would have developed thicker skin and an ability to keep calm and maintain focus, despite the demeanor of the person he perceives to be verbally attacking him. He's probably seen hundreds or even thousands of people try to manipulate him, yet he's taking the bait in court. I've SEEN him calm down in just such a way, presumably having reminded himself to get a griip, but he can't seem to maintain that calm for very long.

Maybe it's because from the time the stabbing first began to the last photo of TA (with JA's foot and pants) there was less than two minutes. The ME said he wouldn't have been immediately incapacitated from the stab wound to the chest.

The sink is SO relevant (and damning) imv...

You're right - he wasn't fully incapacitated at that point - which is key.

WHY it is key (to me) is that:

He is NOT attacking JA at that moment... he is standing at his sink. There was no threat whatsoever.

I don't know if he was in shock (pretty much bet he was, as I think JA ambushed him - caught him completely off-guard), or just reflexively going to the sink to avoid bleeding all over the floor, or trying to figure out what happened to him...

...what he was NOT doing was he was NOT chasing or doing anything hostile towards JA. So maybe he yelled at her - good for him if he did!

Self-defense? From what? Not Travis. Besides the deliberate stab wounds and slashing, there are ONLY defensive wounds on Travis. There are NO signs of aggressiveness on his part (knuckle wounds, etc. indicating that he made ANY deliberate act to harm or injure JA). None.

The sink tells the story - and that is that THAT was the last time he was able to stand. It went from bad to worse from there. He tried to fight her off while crawling away towards the bedroom door - and collapsed. He never ran or walked down that hallway. And JA has NO credible defense.

I have a funny story for you guys ...
I had to go to our court house today and pick up some documents ..I did not carry my purse but I had my scrubs on and had to empty pockets ..so out comes change purse..sun glasses.,,ink pen ...and then my phone and I still had ear piece attached. It got caught on something and unplugs you can hear the trial playing ..the officers all stop and look at me ..I said sorry about that I was listening to the Jodi Arias Trial...these two officers smiled ear to ear and said "now that is one whack job" ..I musta had a dumb look on my face.. and the older one said "no not you hon ..that crazy broad in Arizona" ..we all just laughed ....

Good to know everyone agrees with us that JA is Beelzebub in drag.

Regarding the last line of questioning by Juan today (different scores, one being 17 and the other test scoring 15..yet he only gave her the test once).

1st day of cross exam: Doc could only find the yellow legal paper sheets where her answers were just jotted down (Exhibit 534)

Doc said he could not find the actual scoring sheet but would bring it to court tomorrow

2nd day of cross exam: Doc provided scoring sheet (white papers) which became Exhibit 535. Score of # of symptoms for PTSD = 15

Today: Juan pulls out Exhibit 550 which is also scoring sheets (white papers) which has of score = 17. Juan makes note that this one has the dots filled in. Juan says at no time did the Doc provide this scoring sheet. Doc says he has copies in his "mobile file" so he must have provided it...

Juan then takes the Doc's copy he just produced (of Exhibit 550) and makes it an exhibit (I don't know Exhibit #).

Then it gets real confusing to me. I believe Exhibit 550 had 3 hole punch but Doc's copy didn't (or other way around). Anyway, Doc quickly says he made copies before he punched the holes. Then they go to sidebar and quit for the day.

IMO, Juan thinks Doc has "cheated" and was in the process of trying to prove it.

This is killing me. I am so curious about this. They went to sidebar right then because JW and Nurmi jumped out of their seats to STOP the conversation. And they knew it was time to stop for the day.

But Juan was on to something big, imo. Also, notice at the end that Juan walked off with something that the Doc showed him. Juan said ' let's mark that' and he took it with him, then immediate side bar was called.

Afterwards, Samuels says to the judge " May I have that exhibit back so I can review it this weekend?' But I think Juan walked off with it. LOL

The judge told Samuels to check with the evidence clerk so I don't know what happened in the end. But I think Samuels really wanted that paper back and Juan wasn't quick to do so. :pillowfight:

But he's not a predator - he's diligent and his aggressiveness has integrity.

I call him brilliant and a dogged, tireless soldier of justice for the law and more importantly for the victim and his family.

He is a skilled PRIZEfighter. The DP for JA is the Prize :hero:

I wondered about that, too. Do they think people will only focus on Travis being a big meanie to her? Do they not see the words where he not only calls her evil and a sociopath and a game-player, but he tells her to come clean about something she did and how everyone will know about it if she doesn't come clean. He may have said mean things to her, but clearly he had very valid reasons for doing so. She lies continually, not just to law enforcement or juries when she gets caught. He gave her an ultimatum to fess up or else he will reveal what she has done to others. That's a MOTIVE.

Why on earth would they show words from the man that she brutally SLAUGHTERED that reinforce what a psycho B**** she was and IS?

I couldn't believe Wilmott brought up those texts either??? I'm starting to think Jodi is having a negative effect on her entire team. All you gotta do is look at Nurmi who's put on 10 pounds and Wilmott whose confidence dwindles daily and Dick who, well, Dick is just a Dick. Now all we need her Team to do is keep drinking the Jodi-Aid!

and what happened to the rest of the family. they made a brief appearance then gone...

I am sure the father and boy he brought realized it was just not healthy for them to be hearing the crap that Jodi was spewing. They knew she was lying in the most disgusting way. I dont blame them for one minute not coming back.

I wish they would just talk about the trial and what went on each day. I would love for someone to explore what Juan is saying about those exhibits and the discrepancy between the 3-holed paper and the others.

But it doesn't really matter if she brought the knife or not. Nobody will be able to prove that one way or the other. So that was just a stupid premise for the show, imo.

Well if they could prove she brought the knife that may show premeditation. That is a crucial piece of evidence and if they had it, it would be a big help for Martinez to hold it up and say does this refresh your memory Mam

Thanks Pensfan. What is the difference between the PDS though, and the test for PTSD? I thought the PDS was to test for PTSD. Or maybe I'm just OTL, or have PMS, need a GPS (lol just being silly). The acronyms are tough sometimes, and I don't quite understand what the PDS is (but at least I didn't screw it up like Wilmott with her PSD lol). Can you explain what the PDS is? TIA.

ETA: Just wondering if these are two different tests, or one in the same. A difference of two points (15 vs 17) might seem like it's not that much, but if it's the same test where he had to "add" points to certain sections to reach the right conclusion it becomes pretty significant.
The PDS assessment measures the severity of the patient's PTSD. Yes, the MCMI and the PDS are two different tests. The MCMI has measures to show if the patient has anxiety (which Dr. Samuels implied was r/t her PTSD from being the victim of abuse) and PTSD.

I agree!! I am the proud owner of a rescued pit bull and she is a big baby. My non-shaking chihuahua bosses her around. I rehabilitate abused pitbulls and always cringe when I hear that expression.

With me it's the sight of that little smilie beating that dead horse. I cringe everytime. :(

Can we compare Martinez to something other than a pit bull, they get enough bad raps. I realize pit bulls are known to be vicious and aggressive, and that's what people want here, but they are also loving pets. Can we choose something like a wolverine or killer shark?

Perhaps a group of fighter jets? Loaded with ammo

OK - so JM brings out a page that witness added to his book with 3-hole punch and witness says that the reason one has the holes and the other doesn't, the witness claims he took copies of it BEFORE he 3-hole punched it. This is what we are left with over the weekend. The thing I do not like is the DT will figure out where JM is going with this and will coach witness on how to explain. Any ideas?

At this point I don't think it matters what Dick says. He is so discombobulated no matter what he says is going to be met with tired eyes, headaches and lots of "HUH'S?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bleausky