long weekend break: discuss the latest here #101

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent points. Also, an inexperienced gun user like Jodi may have used a "limp wrist" which is also a common reason that shells would jam.

A common issue for beginniners is they tend to get scared right before they pull the trigger and their wrists kind of go limp, which could cause shell jamming because of the law of "equal and opposite reaction". The gun needs a firm hold and firm backstop so that the action works properly.

If she allows her wrist to go limp and backwards as she is firing the action does not work as well and thus shell could jam.

A killer could hurt her finger by not firing properly too.

With me it's the sight of that little smilie beating that dead horse. I cringe everytime. :(

I'm sorry.:blushing: I apologize to everyone for coming across that way. I'm off my soapbox now, I promise!

I wonder if the doc will have a hard time sitting this weekend? I image it will be painful since Juan handed his a$$ to him ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really nervous about the ALV testimony ....she can be very persuasive-especially to people looking for an "easy solution".
I may need some hand holding while she is on the stand....so may a few of our other WSers here. Its gonna be rough. :grouphug:

ITA!! I was just talking to my mom about this today. I think I'll need to take a break and just check in here until she's off the stand. I think she will do a lot more "damage" than RS did.

It was easy to dismiss what RS said because he clearly was unorganized, unethical, etc. I don't think this will be the case with ALV. The work she does with TRUE abuse victims is very respectable and I think she will be a much more credible witness. JM won't have the same "ammo" against her that he had with RS.

HOWEVER, her testimony only matters if they believe everything Jodi told her.

Also, NONE of it will matter when we get to rebuttal. I fully believe that's where JM will wrap premeditation up in a bow and hand it all to the jury.

:rocker:

I think her plan was to shoot him in the head while in the shower, then slit his throat as blood atonement and let all the evidence wash away. So, gunshot first, but then the gun jams as 25 autos are known to do, and he gets up and goes to the sink, where the stabbing begins. A 25 auto round is so small it rarely penetrates the skull, even at close range. She brought both the gun and the knife with her. The same knife she used to slash his tires.

What 'blood atonement'?? This person shows no indication of ever being serious about religion (certainly not in good faith) except to use it as a tool of access and manipulation.

Are you saying you think he was actually shot first? Were was the blood that should have been in his head? He wasn't shot first and there is NO shred of religious symbolism (not even a tenuous one) here. jmv.

JA's religion is "I'm all that matters."

Sorry - I read enough anti-LDS garbage and BA nonsense elsewhere... it really frosts me. And it would no matter what religion was being bashed.

I wondered about that, too. Do they think people will only focus on Travis being a big meanie to her? Do they not see the words where he not only calls her evil and a sociopath and a game-player, but he tells her to come clean about something she did and how everyone will know about it if she doesn't come clean. He may have said mean things to her, but clearly he had very valid reasons for doing so. She lies continually, not just to law enforcement or juries when she gets caught. He gave her an ultimatum to fess up or else he will reveal what she has done to others. That's a MOTIVE.

Why on earth would they show words from the man that she brutally SLAUGHTERED that reinforce what a psycho B**** she was and IS?

So very true! The DT was nuts to let the jury see all of this. Plus, he writes that she SCAMMED him...

Did JA pilfer money from TA's bank account? Or was she writing him bad, bouncing checks to pay for the car she was buying from him? Or did she illegally get a hold of his credit card and have herself a shopping spree?

Sounds like she did something illegal. I don't imagine he used the word SCAMMED accidentally.

I imagine when she was so-called cleaning his house and stumbling upon his imaginary gun, she also went through all of his personal papers. There's no telling how many accounts she stole access to -- from MySpace to MyBank and beyond.

If this person has the AUDACITY to snoop through the dang police waste basket, there was no hope for poor Travis -- not a safe personal document in his house.

Look at what we DID find out today. There were so many objections that we barely processed it. BUT JUAN SHOWED US THAT THERE WERE TWO DIFFERENT TEST SCORS BECAUSE THIS DR ' RECALCULATED' THE TEST FROM MEMORY BECAUSE HE LOST THE ORIGINAL DATA. :what: :eek:

We also got a stronger sense of the doctor's bias for the defendant.

Does the jury know the psychologist also sent Jodi cards?

My response to above:

I have heard about the Greeting cards from the so-called dr, but I don't recall said cards being in evidence. I didn't watch the entire trial, but to the best of my knowledge, the only thing that has been brought in so far is the self-help book he sent her. (Jodi slashing Travis's tires on several occasions, also has not been brought in as far as I know).

You're kidding, right? I don't mean that to sound snippy. Honest question.
:D Jodi would have read that book. A narcissist (Jodi) would never read a self-help book like Samuels allegedly sent her because, in her opinion, she is perfect.

Question for all...with as badly as Doc Samuels is coming across with bias/ethical issues, do you think she could use this as grounds for a new trial/review of the case?

Not sure if I am explaining it correctly, but I know defendants have gotten new trials from ineffective attorneys, but what about their experts?

I don't think Paintr meant it that way.. I believe Paintr is a horse person by their profice pic and name, so seeing that emoticon hits to close to home..

I'm sorry.:blushing: I apologize to everyone for coming across that way. I'm off my soapbox now, I promise!

:D Jodi would have read that book. A narcissist (Jodi) would never read a self-help book like Samuels allegedly sent her because she is perfect in her opinion.

Oh, please. That book is as old as the hills -- older even. lol Whether or not she read the book he sent her is another question.

I'm really nervous about the ALV testimony ....she can be very persuasive-especially to people looking for an "easy solution".
I may need some hand holding while she is on the stand....so may a few of our other WSers here. Its gonna be rough. :grouphug:

I'm nervous about her too. But when I think about some of the jury questions today, it gives me some comfort. Those jurors are starting to get pizzed off with it all if you ask me. They are NOT buying this fairy tale, and their frustration with the DT is starting to show. And for some reason Nurmi and Wilmott seem oblivious to that. Note to self - if ever caught for any kind of crime in the state of Arizona do NOT hire Jennifer Wilmott or Kirk Nurmi to defend me. I mean seriously, could the juror questions have been any more pointed? They DON'T BUY IT.

I don't think this DV expert is going to come in now and convince them that she's in any way telling the truth. She'll do her thing and put TA and his family through more disgusting carp, but I don't think the ultimate outcome here will be swayed by whatever she says. Bye, bye Jodi :furious:

:D Jodi would have read that book. A narcissist (Jodi) would never read a self-help book like Samuels allegedly sent her because she is perfect in her opinion.

Unless she thought for even a second it would benefit her to claim she had low self esteem;)

:what::what::what::what::what::what:She says she's Christian and lives by the 10 commandments! She says the bible doesn't say thou shall not fornicate
REALY , yeah and I'm the new pope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member