long weekend break: discuss the latest here #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep and they also scan the barcode of the returned item so the store has a record and proof that it was actually returned. This is why Juan knows for a certainty there was no gas (in this case, kerosene) can returned on June 3rd.

And this is exactly what I believe the Walmart witness will testify to. In addition, there is someone added from Tesoro, presumably to state the only thing available is gasoline at the time JA made her purchase in SLC.

MOO

This may be something already pointed out, but the doc stated in response to premediation and adrenaline it would be less likely for the rush of adrenaline to occur if it was premeditated. Even being premeditated I think if it were her plan to make the killing quick and clean and that didn't work and so at that point she would then panic and adrenaline would be rushing through her making it possible for her to finish what she started. Also i believe serial killers who premeditate multiple murders get off on the adrenaline rush imho. I believe any killing would cause an adrenaline rush.

Watching someone bleed to death will do it .

lol Thanks. My son and I are huge Family Guy fans. Tasteless, I know, but it's just sooo freakin' funny. (well, if you're into that kinda thing lol) Brian rocks.
:rocker:

I feel the same way!!!

I about had a heart attack last night...I fell asleep on the couch with the TV on...JM was still dealing with Dr Ummmm.....I guess my mind melded the JA trial with news that came on later....I 'heard' that a car had been stopped after a chase, and there was a weapon found in the car. For about a minute and a half I swore they said that JA's Mom was in a police chase and they found the gun in the car OMG....I have to start taking breaks from the trial every couple of hours!

I know what you mean. I was a little tired the other night and decided to watch Skyfall. In the beginning, when the MGM lion is growling, I swore the inscription around its head read "Arse Gratis Arius."

That makes perfect sense. She taped the blackmail sex convo around that time so this all fits.

And also, remember he was supposed to go visit jodi in may and canceled it at least once. and now she finds out Mimi's the one who's replacing her.

Ooooooooh, she was steamed.

So that know explains Travis email text asking the name of the guyy....she probably found this out from hacking bis email but told Travis that another guy told her that he was taking mimi....moo!

Red fuel containers are for gasoline.
Blue are usually for diesel fuel.

The different color is for the consumer so they will know what is in the can. They are the same structurally. jmo

yellow=diesel
blue=kerosene
red=gasoline

http://media.bonnint.net/apimage/2d019f16-2949-4d20-ae3c-40619f2cdcf0.jpg
2d019f16-2949-4d20-ae3c-40619f2cdcf0.jpg

Caption ideas?

- Stop squirming Willmot!
- Nice neck!

Well she did burn items.

I would also say that when I was a kid we bought kerosene for lanterns when we went camping. Now that was 100 years ago and I don't think people even do that anymore. And I am not sure where you can even buy kerosene. jmo

Okay, I feel silly. I'm not sure what thread to post this on either but what is the story with the rental car? Was there a gun and other knives found in it after she rented it or is that just a rumor?

I can't believe he tried to say that she wouldn't have ptsd if it was planned...was she familiar with murdering people? Wouldn't that be horrible for anyone? Unbelievable.

Well, in that case she was still ?

planning for a trip 1 week at TA's
1 week with TA in Cancun.
another week/month/year at TA's :dunno:

She said she didn't have enough room in her trunk for another gas can.
Sounds like she packed a lot... maybe?

I am thinking it was a MARRY ME/ take me back
/let me live here or else trip.

moo

While JA insists she broke up with TA on June 29 of the previous year (2007) due to "trust issues," imo it's more likely TA told her exactly what he wrote in his blog, that the prospect of turning 30 made him reevaluate his life and resolve to date only those he considered marriage material.

So she knew for 11 months she would have no future with him except as an occasional sex partner. While she remained obsessed with him, I think she had accepted the fact he was never going to marry her.

Thus, I'm wondering whether the person who theorized she moved back to Yreka not just for financial reasons but was thinking about murdering him even then isn't onto something. Did she really devise the whole plot so quickly after the 5/26 text messages, or were thoughts bubbling in the back of her mind for months?

- Sneaking into AZ without anyone knowing, with no proof she was ever there: Cell phone turned off, no gas receipts
- Renting a car in a city 90 miles away rather than her own city
- Asking for a car of nondescript color, removing the front license plate (as AZ doesn't use them), turning the back plate upside down to reduce the possibility of the number being noted, either by TA's neighbors or traffic cams
- Dying her hair brown to change her appearance after renting a car
- Setting up a visit to elsewhere as an excuse for a trip

If she'd remained in Mesa, she knew she'd be the #1 suspect. Anyway, one of the first questions I'd ask her is when she first thought of killing Travis.

Rewatched "Tootsie" last night and finally realized who JW reminds me of.

May 18: Travis' last blog entry expressing his determination to find a worthy wife and avoid any golddiggers with an inner axe murderess lurking inside.

Everytime I hear the story about she purchased the second gun due to a trip with guys going to DIG FOR GOLD....just sickens me. She is playing a game with all of her stories.

I had a revelation earlier today and maybe someone else has already posted this same idea....this kinda piggy backs on what people are saying right now about JA trying to get Travis to change his mind about Cancun and for that matter, the future of their relationship. This will also answer the question of why Jodi had a gun and a knife....it will also convince those who think there was no sex that there was sex (ok they are stubborn folks so probably not).

Jodi brought the rope. And she brought the knife to cut it. I think Travis was expecting her and the way she got back into his good graces was the way she always did, by using sex. Tying Jodi up was a fantasy of his that didn't work previously because they used twine. I can't picture Travis buying "soft" rope for Jodi and keeping it at his house just in case. No, I think Jodi bought it...maybe on the way, maybe in Yreka. Doesn't matter. So she promised Travis he could live out that fantasy with her.

I know. A lot of people here don't think there was ever a rope and I used to think that, too. But now I think there was a rope and I think there was a knife to cut it. Both provided by her.

Where does the gun come in then? This was her last desperate attempt to change his mind. If he didn't she was going to threaten suicide...something I think she probably had done before when she didn't get her way. So she stole grandpa's gun to take to AZ and show Travis she was serious. Think Betty Broderick and Jean Harris.

During the shower pics, Travis said something to seal the deal that the relationship was over. Now she's enraged. I think she got up from her crouched position accidentally taking the pic of Travis sitting (no head) as she was getting up. She Went into the other room still carrying the camera, got the gun and came back holding it to her head. Now she's all Betty Broderick crazy. She drops the camera (ceiling pic). Travis tackles her just like she said and she dropped the gun just like she said BUT SHE DIDN'T SHOOT HIM. He tackles her to save her, not because she dropped his d*** camera. They tumble to the floor. The camera gets kicked across the bathroom and into the hall during the struggle.

The knife is right there on the edge of the sink, so she reaches up and she in full rage now. she stabs him in the chest and abdomen while Travis is still on the floor. Blood splatters on the baseboard and toilet from Travis' hands as he tries to block the knife. Travis manages to get up and supports himself while leaning over the sink, dazed and coughing up blood. Jodi's stabbing him in the back, neck and head, and he falls to the floor. He's on all fours and won't die. Travis crawls down the hall where he collapses and Jodi cuts his throat. She then drags him back down the hall. All in 62 seconds. There's no running around or body slam.

Jodi's exhausted/exhilarated. Travis is on the floor. She finds the gun and contemplates shooting herself but she can't do it. She now realizes that she has to clean up and get out. But first she stages the scene. She shoots Travis in the head making it look like there were two intruders. 2 weapons, 2 intruders. She stuffs him in the shower and rinses off

Now, I know there are problems with this theory, but for me, it satisfies some major problems I've had with what happened in that bathroom.
If they had found ANY trace of rope at the scene, I may agree. The most obvious way we know the rope never existed, is her tale that she took it along. (To comport with the non-evidence at the crime scene)
The rope was not incriminating evidence - it had nothing to do with the murder. Why bother to take the time to look not only for the "rope they used" but also the piece she says Travis cut off?
Arias had a lot to accomplish after the last photo - she hadn't even stuffed poor Travis in the shower at that point, let alone clean herself off, start a load of laundry, or delete pics on her camera. We know she rushed because she left a lot of evidence behind. Evidence that WOULD indeed incriminate her. (think handprint)
There is no reason in her rush to rid the scene of evidence, that she would bother taking the time to look for a nonexistent rope that would not incriminate her.
She did bring the knife, but she brought it to murder Travis.

Okay, I feel silly. I'm not sure what thread to post this on either but what is the story with the rental car? Was there a gun and other knives found in it after she rented it or is that just a rumor?

That was in the rental car that she was about to make her get away in. I don't think the gun was found right away, but it was hidden in the area of the engine. Not sure about the knives.

You guys probably already discussed this - if so, my apologies.

Finally, today, VP had an actual full-scale dummy that was the same height/weight as Travis (within a few pounds/inches), with anatomically accurate articulated joints (pretty much).

They had a producer (?) who was in her mid-late 20's, 5'5"-5'6" 115-120 lbs drag the dummy from the bedroom (where the bloodstains were) to the shower - and put it in the shower.

Annoyingly, the stopped her several times to discuss whatever - and the floor of their mock-up crime scene was not nearly as slippery as a floor covered in blood and water... but this woman easily dragged the dummy and got him in the shower (with some effort, but nothing extreme).

It was the only useful 'reenactment' I've seen yet from these guys...

For those still skeptical that JA could not have done this - they really put that to bed in this demonstration, imv.

When she was arrested in July, there was evidence she was planning to flee. Two knives were found hidden in a book in her luggage, and a gun was later found taped to the car engine of a car she had just rented. Not the car she rented to go on her murder trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member