long weekend break: discuss the latest here #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
deliberate.

We seem to be seeing more subtle acting out incidents with her.

Yeppers Mouse. Do we think JA is realizing now she's SOL in getting off or a reduced sentence so now she's going to do bizarre stuff in the courtroom, which may just escalate, with the hopes she thinks she might get an insanity plea. If not now, could this be grounds for an appeal?! Ikes!!

The theory that the gun jammed is not necessarily a miss fired shell.
With a gun as small as a 25 cal semi auto people have a tendency to hold the gun in their hand where as a shot is fired the slide rubs against the hand and that causes the slide to loose momentum as it slides all the way back, as the slide is going forward it is going to slow to properly pick up the next round and causes the gun to jam.
A handgun that has not been cleaned for a long time can also cause a jam.

Shells with a low grain of powder can also cause the gun to jam for more or less the same reason.

If Jodi was not experianced with these little guns like she says she may not have known how to clear a jammed shell or one shot was all she needed if she shot last.

Excellent points. Also, an inexperienced gun user like Jodi may have used a "limp wrist" which is also a common reason that shells would jam.

A common issue for beginniners is they tend to get scared right before they pull the trigger and their wrists kind of go limp, which could cause shell jamming because of the law of "equal and opposite reaction". The gun needs a firm hold and firm backstop so that the action works properly.

If she allows her wrist to go limp and backwards as she is firing the action does not work as well and thus shell could jam.

so I have a question. the paper that Juan had today that did n ot have 3 holes punched in it. where did that come from? the not so good doctor was very surprised and even asked where did you get that...

Please don't tell me that wilmott can question this quack again! When martinez is done. Say it isn't so
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I can't take much more myself. Can't someone send the judge a note to move things along? This is beyond ridiculous and there are 15 or so people who are probably ready to take a knife to someone by now.
I've speeded up the tape by 3 hrs. and realize that if I walked away for 3 days, I wouldn't have missed a thing. :please: :banghead: :furious:
Wonder if she'll ask to fix her make up before they administer the blue juice. :jail:

If you haven't seen it..
Rent the movie:

ADAM's RIB ..... with Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn

This movis is your ... Imagine if.

Regardless of this trial, "Adam's Rib" a fantastic movie to be seen more than once..

Great movie.

That isn't even the worst of that crying segment from the interrogation, this is what she said right after that.

Pure evil caught on tape right there, sitting in the courtroom getting pleasure at seeing herself talk about Travis' family and friends suffering!

Ever since murdering Travis she should have been prepared for her imminent arrest and always had her make up on, hair done, feet washed, etc. No need for tears now that LE is finally going to book her. <insert sarcasm>

:)

The threatening email that Lisa received the day after TA's tires were slashed... Was that admitted in evidence? I missed some of her testimony. TIA

If you haven't seen it..
Rent the movie:

ADAM's RIB ..... with Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn

This movis is your ... Imagine if.

Regardless of this trial, "Adam's Rib" a fantastic movie to be seen more than once..

I heard I think kcl say that he was in a relationship. I seen wilmott s website! I think her husband is an atty also. I googled her and found it.
:seeya:

Or both. ;) Disordered personalities are sometimes drawn to psychology and psychiatry themselves as a subconscious attempt at self-medicating. Anyone who might be familiar with symptoms of NPD might've noticed a great deal of those traits with the Doc's testimony.

And psychopaths can and will be honest, though its often believed they can't or won't, but ONLY if doing so is in their own personal best interests. Obviously that's not the case here.

IME, the only way to rattle a psychopath is to get under their skin. You can't do that in a methodical, predictable manner. They're expecting that and will simply manipulate around it. Instead, you have to hold them accountable for their every word, each and every inconsistency, every action, no matter how seemingly benign - and that absolutely infuriates them, which exposes more of the disorder and makes it even more difficult to question them, because they become combative and defiant.

People aren't supposed to disbelieve a psychopath's account - it's against the natural order of things in their world. And Juan is likely one of very few in her life who has done that.

Good discussion! But I am not seeing any signs of Disordered personality issues with the Doc. Jodi of course. And while I completely agree with you that many, many mental health prof have major issues and are drawn to the profession for exactly the reasons you mentioned..I can tell that many prosectuors are drawn to that profession becuase it allows them to demonstrate unyielding rigidity, tunnel vision and hyper agression. Which can be good for society and a case..but I still don't think JM has "passion." And in theory the prosecution is about the truth and Psych witnesses are unbiased, but IMO prosecutors are about winning and witnesses are only going to be up on that stand if they come back with the opionion the defense/or prosecution ( depending on who is paying) wants. JMO

I cannot imagine what possible good that video of Travis at the shooting range will do for the defense. Wasn't it filmed by Travis' friend who also has stated Travis DID NOT own a gun? Doesn't the friend need to present the video to authenticate it?

:waitasec:

If I am not mistaken I think Dave Hall is the friend who he borrowed a gun from to use at the range and Dave is to be called as a witness. He was in gallery one day and was asked a question/s while jury was not present and then asked to leave the court and not follow the trial. I think we might be hearing from him in rebuttal!

I am blown away that, Jodi starts (fake!) CRYING when asking the interrogation detective if she can "clean up" before she takes her mug shot. Shock & Awe!!!

Please, somebody help me understand WHY she decides to CRY at this moment. She has been acting completely la-di-dah-dee prior to asking to "clean up" -- which I imagine means she wants to get to a mirror to fix her hair and touch-up her makeup.

Is she crying because tears typically help her get her way? Or is there some other twisted reason?

Just astonishing. She's easy-breezy about being arrested for a brutal murder and only sheds tears for herself -- the possibility of having to take a photo without fresh makeup?!!
My guess: The booking process finalized the fact that her criminal intelligence, appearance, and pathologic lying had failed to scam others for the first time in her life.

Why not? The more weapons, the better.

Maybe she was concerned that the gun would alert his roommates or the neighbors. Or, one weapon was a backup. Or, she hadn't thought every detail through and didn't quite know how she would get him into a vulnerable position. And so she didn't know which weapon would be best for a quick, relatively clean, and quiet murder. Or maybe she didn't bring the knife but sneaked one of his kitchen knives upstairs when she decided not to use the gun. Really, it could be anything.

Obviously, the murder wasn't thought through because she wasn't prepared for the mess it would cause. She tried to clean it up, but never imagined the blood would wind up all the way down the hall and onto the carpet.

Well, she did say she had never killed anyone before. First kills usually are more messy.

Snipped with respect
Honestly....if by some BIZARRE insane reason she got herself acquitted (won't happen, let me just keep saying that) I have no doubt she would try to go after him. Seems like something that only happens in books or movies but I would not put it past her to put him on her target list. She is one scary person....very rare to see someone like her IMO.

I almost think she admires him. I know sounds wierd but she seems to me to look at him sometimes with hummm can't explain it really.

Great insight! I think the suicide scenario makes a lot of sense. JA has said many times she was going to commit suicide; it is not a foreign concept to her. She would have the weapons readily available for her attack.

Me too. I don't think TA knew she was there. (He thought she had finally left.) There is one picture of him showering where he first looks at the camera/her and you can tell that she scared the bejeezus out of him...Then he puts his head down into the running water ("my God, I can't believe this"), then he's seated. She definitely has either the gun or knife (choose your weapon of choice) in one hand and the camera in the other. I would not for a second disbelieve that she was either threatening to kill herself or to kill him. Either scenario, he would be trying to sort out, if she was for real and how to talk to her.

The weapon she held at that point would change how he approached her. If she held a gun, she was most probably saying she would kill herself. If she held a knife, it would most probably mean that she would kill him. Either way, I doubt he imagined that she would ever act on either scenario until she actually did.

moo

Who opened the shower door? Incredible that there isn't a SINGLE print on that shower door?

What happened to Travis' house after the murder.. I know it was empty for many months. Did the bank take it back, was it sold and his siblings were the beneficiaries of his Estate. Not that it would make a profit, but who administered the estate. I would imagine as a PPL agent, he had a Will (which is no good, you need a Trust - to avoid probate etc) but still..

The surprisingly loud sound of it being fired in a room with a lot of tile and hard surfaces along with whatever recoil it had, she drops the gun as Travis is exiting the shower and she has to use the knife to finish her mission?

I personally think she planned on using both weapons, a shot to his head and a stab to his heart.

Does anyone know what other guns her grandfather had and wonder why she didn't take a more powerful one (if she was only planning to use a gun to kill him)?
If I remember correctly they were all long guns

Is anyone else having problems with the youtube videos of today's trial? I can't figure out if it's my computer overloaded, or if there are a lot of people trying to watch the youtube vid at the same time. Every 5-7 minutes or so it'll glitch and freeze.

"PTSD is not a get out of jail free card" - Dr. Samuels (Wilmotts eyes stab daggers at him like SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP YOU IDIOT DID YOU JUST SAY THAT)

Also I love Dr. Samuels saying "When Jodi finally told the right story....er... this second story... that she was being truthful at that time."

Way to dig your grave AND Jodi's!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member