long weekend break: discuss the latest here #101

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from his unethical conduct, he's certainly letting JM get to him in court. Oh, I understand WHY he snaps back and gets riled up; that's part of what JM wants, after all, and he knows just how to do it. Considering he has been in the psychology business for 35 years, as he's so fond of telling us over and over again, you'd think he would have developed thicker skin and an ability to keep calm and maintain focus, despite the demeanor of the person he perceives to be verbally attacking him. He's probably seen hundreds or even thousands of people try to manipulate him, yet he's taking the bait in court. I've SEEN him calm down in just such a way, presumably having reminded himself to get a griip, but he can't seem to maintain that calm for very long.

BBM

That is exactly why Juan is so good. He picks at people in a very curious, surprising way. If he had only 'attacked' him for sloppy notes or losing the original copy, then Samuels would have been able to keep his cool demeanor. But Juan goes off into the weeds, like he did when he attacked Jodi for calling her sis dumb. It surprises the witness and throws them off. And by attacking him for being 'compassionate' it just confuses the heck out of him. Here he
was gloating and bragging about his compassion, and suddenly he is being called out on it. Ha. I loved it. He really had a hard time coming back from that original exchange over the Websters definition. Juan is a master, imo.

Did anyone notice that the doctor gave two different dates for when he first met JA? One time it was 12-6-2009, another time it was 12-6-2010... and JM repeated the 2010 date.

BBM- Frankly the DT shouldn't be happy with this dr. either!!!!

Yep. I've noticed J Willmot frozen and holding her breath in utter FEAR several times when the Doc was being questioned by Martinez. Poor thing, I feel her pain. It is AWFUL to be afraid of what someone you're working with is about to say in a big presentation.

Guessing you guys already know this, but if not - more information on Gpa (Carlton Allen)'s gun:

Gpa's .25 was:

Black, with a black grip.
Also stolen - a fully loaded magazine (7 jacketed hollow point bullets).
Allen didn't know the make of the gun, only that it was 'old' (he inherited it).
Valued at $150.00
The gun was stolen from his dresser.
(Very significant if the gun was IN his dresser, not on top of it) - the report isn't clear. See page 4:

http://twitdoc.com/upload/zou2/ja-gun-issue.pdf

Big question: was the bullet recovered from Travis' cheek area a hollow point, or can they tell if it was? (gpa's gun had hollow points loaded in it)

The sink is SO relevant (and damning) imv...

You're right - he wasn't fully incapacitated at that point - which is key.

WHY it is key (to me) is that:

He is NOT attacking JA at that moment... he is standing at his sink. There was no threat whatsoever.

I don't know if he was in shock (pretty much bet he was, as I think JA ambushed him - caught him completely off-guard), or just reflexively going to the sink to avoid bleeding all over the floor, or trying to figure out what happened to him...

...what he was NOT doing was he was NOT chasing or doing anything hostile towards JA. So maybe he yelled at her - good for him if he did!

Self-defense? From what? Not Travis. Besides the deliberate stab wounds and slashing, there are ONLY defensive wounds on Travis. There are NO signs of aggressiveness on his part (knuckle wounds, etc. indicating that he made ANY deliberate act to harm or injure JA). None.

The sink tells the story - and that is that THAT was the last time he was able to stand. It went from bad to worse from there. He tried to fight her off while crawling away towards the bedroom door - and collapsed. He never ran or walked down that hallway. And JA has NO credible defense.

My guess is that he used the sink for support.

Did anyone notice that the doctor gave two different dates for when he first met JA? One time it was 12-6-2009, another time it was 12-6-2010... and JM repeated the 2010 date.

I heard it and JM said, OK so it had been two years, correct? I think JM caught this but let it go knowing the Jurors knew the difference to further show how incompetent he is.

I have to say this Nuri absolutely hates her. There is no interaction between them. He sits very far away from her and totally ignores her. No passing notes like her and Willmott. He really wants nothing to do with this case and Jodi.

You are hysterical, and it could have gone on much longer IMO. LoLoLoLoL...we have some really funny peeps on this forum, and I love you all :D

This is what happens when I don't get my JM fix. I was *hearing* his voice as I just ripped that off... scary.

I am SO looking forward to his cross with ALV.

Now that I think of it - I don't think there has been a single DT witness that he hasn't 'won' with or turned into an asset for the prosecution. Has there been one? I can't think of one...

He's dynamite - in every (positive) sense of the word!

Detective Flores: I think the reality of the moment is hitting you?

Jodi: No...No...I'm crying because of all the things I am going to be potentially missing out on

OMG??????

When the hell is that, Steph?
Please do tell...

This is killing me. I am so curious about this. They went to sidebar right then because JW and Nurmi jumped out of their seats to STOP the conversation. And they knew it was time to stop for the day.

But Juan was on to something big, imo. Also, notice at the end that Juan walked off with something that the Doc showed him. Juan said ' let's mark that' and he took it with him, then immediate side bar was called.

Afterwards, Samuels says to the judge " May I have that exhibit back so I can review it this weekend?' But I think Juan walked off with it. LOL

The judge told Samuels to check with the evidence clerk so I don't know what happened in the end. But I think Samuels really wanted that paper back and Juan wasn't quick to do so. :pillowfight:

BBM Yes, this is Samuels' copy (he just retrieved from his notebook) of Exhibit 550 that Juan promptly snatched and took over to the clerk. Then objection...sidebar...end of day.

I really wanted to see where Juan was heading...

OK - so JM brings out a page that witness added to his book with 3-hole punch and witness says that the reason one has the holes and the other doesn't, the witness claims he took copies of it BEFORE he 3-hole punched it. This is what we are left with over the weekend. The thing I do not like is the DT will figure out where JM is going with this and will coach witness on how to explain. Any ideas?

But there is more to it than that, imo. It is NOT the same raw data is my guess. And if so, there will be no satisfactory way to explain it.

The first day of cross, Doc says he left that paper 'on his desk.' That was suspect enough, imo. How does a paid expert with 35 yrs experience, bring an entire suitcase to the witness stand, yet leave the most pertinent paperwork---the raw test data, back in his office?

So the next day, he never says a word, but places something into evidence, which he says is the paper he forgot yesterday.

Now today, Juan brings out a totally different paper, and says essentially 'what is this?' Because you never showed me this before. And :panic: panic ensues, sidebar happens---court is done for the day.

I think that Juan got exhibit 350 from his upcoming expert. But it's just a guess.

Look at what we DID find out today. There were so many objections that we barely processed it. BUT JUAN SHOWED US THAT THERE WERE TWO DIFFERENT TEST SCORS BECAUSE THIS DR ' RECALCULATED' THE TEST FROM MEMORY BECAUSE HE LOST THE ORIGINAL DATA. :what: :eek:

I used the term in light of his ability to hang on and be aggressive in his protection of the victim. This isn't a bad thing. I find it an admirable quality but sorry if you were offended. I don't at all think of him as a shark which I think of as a cold, dead eyed killer but if you do, that's OK!

It's not me as much as my American bull dog and her friends. They say they don't think it's right that they are always being portrayed as aggressive, violent, and have no control over their anger. Athena and her friends are all loving and non aggressive. They just feel they are getting a bad rap. I will try to explain it to them but they are not a happy group right now and feel they are being discriminated against.

Does the jury know the psychologist also sent Jodi cards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG...watching replay and Dr says I scored it twice and there may be a difference by one or two, but there is no difference in the outcome.

WTH??? He says...."may be a difference by one or two". Like it is no big deal. It is a HUGE DEAL. If he is using this test as a critical element in her diagnosis, it is a huge deal to be totally accurate. You cant just add or subtract numbers at will.

What a freaken joke. I think the jury totally realizes what is going on with this guy by now.

Originally Posted by paperwing View Post
Guessing you guys already know this, but if not - more information on Gpa (Carlton Allen)'s gun:

Gpa's .25 was:

Black, with a black grip.
Also stolen - a fully loaded magazine (7 jacketed hollow point bullets).
Allen didn't know the make of the gun, only that it was 'old' (he inherited it).
Valued at $150.00
The gun was stolen from his dresser.
(Very significant if the gun was IN his dresser, not on top of it) - the report isn't clear. See page 4:

HMMMM? I have said before, had Grampa's gun had hollow points in it it would have been all over from the gun shot. Can the medical examiner tell if he was shot with hollow points? I guess if he was shot with hollow point bullet, that would change my mind that the gunshot surely came last as if it came first, in my mind it would have been all over.

Just playing devil's advocate for a second, if Nurmi can prove the gunshot was a normal bullet, then that would go a long ways to proving Jodi did not use Grandpa's gun. This is my first notice of hollow points mentioned.

Weigh in Pensfan!

I think her plan was to shoot him in the head while in the shower, then slit his throat as blood atonement and let all the evidence wash away. So, gunshot first, but then the gun jams as 25 autos are known to do, and he gets up and goes to the sink, where the stabbing begins. A 25 auto round is so small it rarely penetrates the skull, even at close range. She brought both the gun and the knife with her. The same knife she used to slash his tires.

Another scenario that makes sense! :rocker:

I still can't get past the ME report Unless there is another plausible explanation that no other ME or Expert has disputed the Medical claims thus far.. am not in medical field myself but I do follow the forensics best I can which usually tells the story.. are we trying to fit a square into a hole? or did JA slash the throat and shoot him last to make it look like a 'hit man' murder?
JA is cray cray so no telling what her stories were morphing into from the minute she went into her fog cover up mode!
(can picture her crawling around like a banshee trying to mop up that blood)

I have always been told Science doesn't lie so we have this to beat to death:

1) No hemorrhaging from the brain area that the bullet traveled through, therefore no blood passed through that area even when bullet lodged in cheek
2) Chest stab wound was fatal within minutes
3) Throat slash hit main artery for a bleed out within minutes

New discussion??
I can't figure out Why JA put on a long sleeve in 90 degree weather..
the Doc slipped in sweater and the Clancy (?) girl (the one JA pinned in the bathroom at the convention) also said JA was wearing a sweater next day with her and Ryan...
WHY the long sleeves, was she bruised? was there dried blood on her? :waitasec:

Witness testified that he sent her this book from Amazon:

Your Erroneous Zones: Step-by-Step Advice for Escaping the Trap of Negative Thinking and Taking Control of Your Life: Wayne W. Dyer: 9780060919764: Amazon.com: Books

Your Erroneous Zones: Step-by-Step Advice for Escaping the Trap of Negative Thinking and Taking Control of Your Life [Paperback]
Me thinks it was actually this book, Your Erogenous Zone. :D
Erogenous Zone: A Sexual Voyage: Jessica Tilles, William Fredrick Cooper, Elissa Gabrielle: 9780979250040: Amazon.com: Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member