long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere that the Protective Order was to keep the Defense Billing Statements under seal. So we can't see what they are getting paid

It's not so no one can see what they're getting paid. It's to protect the detailed billing statements that say exactly what the attorneys were doing, when and why. The amount of their compensation is known.

bbm
criminal-profile-rodney-alcala-324x208.jpg

Not sure why, but this is the first thing that came to mind...

OMG, he looks so familiar, who is this guy ? Amazing resemblance, imo, gives me the heeby jeebies...

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me.

Can someone find that text. I looked for it and couldn't find it. I'm pretty sure in the text it says "feel THE wrath" and not "MY wrath"

Snipped by me as this responds directly to your request.

For the record, it was "...feel the wrath..."

Excerpt of the message sent from TA to JA on April 6 [no context]:

FessUp_zps453e3252.jpg

You'll find it here:

http://youtu.be/mnoqnKekmpc?t=39m33s

bbm

Good point, I regret to say, katydid. I've been, and still am, holding my breath on this one. I guess I'm just gun-shy over cases that really hold me, and this one certainly does. There's always that one juror, or as you say, the judge could add a 2nd degree murder charge to the charges -- if there is not one there already.

I don't know how that kind of thing goes in AZ, but here in NC, the judges quite often add a 2nd degree murder charge in there to keep from getting overturned if the charge wasn't there from the start, since that has been an appeal point in a couple of overturned verdicts...

One second I'm confident of Murder 1st, but the other 59 seconds, I'm worried about the Murder 1st or NG being the jury's only choices. And it sometimes makes that one juror change his/her mind on hanging the verdict -- if that lesser charge is included. In no way is it 2nd degree, but it's better, IMO, than a hung jury.
icon9.gif
:banghead: grrrrrr
The way I understand it is that after all the evidence is in, the attorneys will argue in front of the judge weather or not that second degree has been established. That hearing will be where the judge decides weather or not the plea will be added.
If ALV brings up a "snapped" situation, and DT argues it should be included, Juan will have his say. There's been zero argument SO FAR that she snapped, rather than planned it.

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me.

Can someone find that text. I looked for it and couldn't find it. I'm pretty sure in the text it says "feel THE wrath" and not "MY wrath"

I think the DT planned to call MM as a witness, but for some reason he's not going to. The defense has often said, when Jodi was on the stand, that MM would never betray her. JM said to her that MM would lie for her.

I think the pictures were trophy pictures. I think she transferred them to another device and deleted them from the camera and threw it in the wash. I believe she wanted to see them whenever she wanted to relive the experience. JMO

Why would she keep asking to see the pictures during her police interviews then?

ITA with this. And, I find it highly unlikely that she would steal a gun for backup purposes. I think she intended the gun as the murder weapon, but had to resort to the knife when the gun jammed, got knocked out of her hand, etc.

Agreed, I think the gun jammed on her, I believe that was part of her ninja story too, so she had to resort to the knife, during that time she probably was getting lunged at by TA since he had a bullet wound.

It's not so no one can see what they're getting paid. It's to protect the detailed billing statements that say exactly what the attorneys were doing, when and why. The amount of their compensation is known.
Does this issue have to be brought up on each and every piece of information they want sealed? I'm having trouble understanding why this "motion", (or whatever it's called), would have to be repeated.
Can you help me understand?

Regarding the pictures. Can anyone even FIND a Calvin Klein ad that includes a man in a shower? I cannot.

ETA: Oh! I get what you are saying. You are saying she went in deeper with the knife than would have been required to penetrate the superior vena cava. Mea culpa! (I already admitted to being foggy this morning) ;)

Snipped and BBM.

Precisely!

Right at three inches did the deed.

But there were 27 additional stab, incisive and lacerative wounds, not to mention the also-fatal throat slashing.

How many times did she have to kill him?

Self defense?

Patently absurd...

Jodi asked Flores in the first phone calls if a knife or gun was used!!...creepy...she is setting the stage because they discussed two attackers soon. 2 weapons = 2 attackers in killer Jodi's premeditated cover story. I still think she was going to try to mix a little of Mormon punishment in it to throw suspicion on Mormons. However, if Travis said the magic words, "You are going to Cancun, Jodi." Maybe he would have survived, till he said, you are not walking down the aisle with me, ever. She's a psychopath killer, maybe even a serial killer.

I missed the first part of the trial. I know the defense talked about Jodi buying the 9mm gun for the supposed camping trip...blah, blah, BS story. I didn't hear them mention knives. Ahem. NG....http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/22/ng.01.html

so, my question...did Juan introduce evidence of this new gun, car rental and knives at the time of her arrest because I watched that video with the tall hottie and I didn't hear him say anything. Can this info come in on rebuttal? It seems too important that she's dang near a serial killer and certainly a liar with no fear! I think it should be brought in how she used a knife repeatedly to slash all those tires also.

Does this issue have to be brought up on each and every piece of information they want sealed? I'm having trouble understanding why this "motion", (or whatever it's called), would have to be repeated.

I'd have to see the original motion and compare them to answer that. If you know the date of the original, let me know and I'll read that one, too, next chance I get.

Why would she keep asking to see the pictures during her police interviews then?

I agree, she thought the photos were long gone due to her muti-step 'deletion effort' during 'the fog'.

Also, the question has been posed about the camera in the washer. I believe after she picked it up from the hallway and deleted pics, she must've set it on his clothes, wherever he took them off and set them to get in the shower, and the camera blended in with the dark items, and/or she put the bloody towel on top of the pile and missed it, grabbed everything up, and took it to the washer. The one honest answer I think we have seen, is 'I don't know why I would put the camera in the washer.'

Hmm, maybe not if a gun were pointed at the victim then a knife "this big" were used. She could still remain about a foot away from him between knife thrusts, and 8 or 9 inches away during knife thrusts.

The tape on the knife indicates the depth and width of known stabs to TA. One wound to his abdomen was 1 3/4" x 5 3/4"--exactly the dimensions of this knife at that point; the wound to his heart was 1 1/2" x 3 1/2" -- again, exactly represented by this knife. Perhaps because it is a common chef's knife, which I'm thinking she used.

View attachment 31076

How would you feel if you were suddenly confronted by such a knife? Think she wouldn't have the upper hand? Or, as one of our male posters posited the other day, think of any 12 year-old girl wielding even a red paintbrush.

A useful image. That's exactly the kind of knife I have been visualising. Mine's safely in a kitchen utensil drawer! I quite agree it would give the holder a strong advantage. Someone ready to fight for their life might still be able to grab her wrist as she came close and stabbed. Adrenaline may allow a tussle even with quite a deep arm wound although with a deep body wound perhaps not so much.

I feel shooting a gun from a slight distance would be less risky for the attacker than making contact with the victim with a knife. But only marginally.

Regarding the pictures. Can anyone even FIND a Calvin Klein ad that includes a man in a shower? I cannot.

oh yes....they were posted several threads back. Forgot the dude's name that was in them.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I'd have to see the original motion and compare them to answer that. If you know the date of the original, let me know and I'll read that one, too, next chance I get.

I can guarantee there's an understandable reason, though. It's possible that the original request and motion for protective order was directed to more narrow or different information, but broadly to defense compensation. I'm sorry, I just don't know without looking at it and the court is closed today ;)

eta: sorry for the double post. I didn't realize the first one "took"

I heard on HLN last night that Travis had changed the name on one of the airline tickets for the Cancun trip.
That Jodi's name was on the original ticket and she was indeed going on that trip. Then at some point he changed it to Mimi.
Any truth in that story?

Agreed, I think the gun jammed on her, I believe that was part of her ninja story too, so she had to resort to the knife, during that time she probably was getting lunged at by TA since he had a bullet wound.

I tend to believe the gun jammed as well, and after TA's fight or flight response kicked in, it's possible he lunged at her and threatened to "effin kill you, *itch!"

She had to have the knife close by, or on her though, because she wouldn't have had enough time to run to the kitchen and grab one from his block.

I heard on HLN last night that Travis had changed the name on one of the airline tickets for the Cancun trip.
That Jodi's name was on the original ticket and she was indeed going on that trip. Then at some point he changed it to Mimi.
Any truth in that story?

I actually heard the same. Think JVM?

Wondered if it was indeed true as well. I believe they were saying that the ticket was changed in April when she left AZ.

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member