long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone recall the make and value of Travis's camera?

I'm THINKING that I read some where that it was an Olympus, but don't quote me on that. I have that camera and love it.

But they were still traveling buddies after the break up and his winning would have been very close to the breakup date, when they were still friends. If he changed it in April, which I heard he told me Mimi in April he wanted to take her, it's possible that's why she moved away to Yreka around this time. We'll see if it's true!

True, the time frame he supposedly changes his trip companion coincides with JA moving back to California. It really wouldn't be too surprising if this information is true, just surprised it is coming out now so late into the trial instead of years ago.

:waitasec:

MOO

Unfortunately, this was not classified as a heinous crime by the state.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

The judge allowed the state to try her for murder one because she determined that no matter which weapon she used first, the crime was still heinous enough to qualify. So I don't think that's true.

Anyone recall the make and value of Travis's camera?

Its been covered/sleuthed a zillion times here before....use search feature: "Travis camera". Never hurts to try again..... Thank you !!!

It's the new interrogation video that was shown on NG's weekly trial recap program. She had been left alone in the interrogation room, had been snooping around in the trash, etc. Detective comes in and they begin talking and she turns around to the table behind her and picks up two recording devices, is asking if they work, if they have batteries....

Not sure where to find it in it's entirety.

:(

Thanks that helps! I'll see if I can find it. So bizarre!

IIRC, didn't JA testify that she was never invited to go on the Cancun trip? That she was always under the impression that Travis invited the baby sitter as a means to pay back a loan or some such thing?

I find that hard to believe since Travis was notified in 2007 ( one year before the schedued date of departure) that he had won the trip. Weren't they 'a couple' at that time? Hopefully, JM can impeach her during rebuttal with a copy of an airline reservation with her name on it.

Your memory is correct! I'm listening to Jodi's testimony about Cancun right now--Day 25, Part 2, from about 22 minutes to 24 minutes. JM says to JA, "He did not ask you to go, correct?" She replies, "That's correct."

She says she knew he was taking somebody, but didn't know who until the day of the memorial service, when someone named Brenda told her he'd planned to take Mimi Hall. She said she kind of suspected it by then but that Detective Flores was actually the one who told her about it.

By now JM has heard about the latest bombshell. We'll see if he decides it's worth trying to impeach her testimony.

From what I gathered by watching the trial samuels met with JA 6 times total... The first time in 2010...he was never clear on dates of meetings..which is strange for a professional. He did say the next time they met was dec 2012 ..getting ready for trial. So i am unclear of all of the dates he met with her.

i believe i heard him say at one point tat they had 12 visits..he admits she lied about ninja story for half of those. That leaves 6 visits where he claims he believed her story. The other morning he testified that he first met her in 2009 and changed it to 2010 by the afternoon :facepalm: He claims 20-30 hours ... and later changed it to more ..I won't believe a word until and unless Juan produces it.

I agree ...Manson was way over-hyped. No big deal compared to a lot of other "lunatics".
quite tame actually.

I wonder if your friend was/is my friend... James Banner? He produced Charlie's "recordings"...for re-sale :what: lol.
Nope. Not the same guy. Yes.. he says Manson is all crazy talk. He said if you put a knife on the desk and turned your back he would likely carve a squirrel out of the desk wood before the thought to hurt you or himself ever crossed his mind. He gathered followers that had inclination to personally commit violent acts.

Exactly. And as the one who took his life, who will be convicted and sent to prison and possibly death row, she is forever "bonded" with Travis. In her own morbid way she will own him forever.

MOO

What were her own words? Something like "I'm the person who deserves to live with the memory of what happened....but I can't remember....."

She wants to be the ONLY one who shared that gruesome scene with Travis. Yeah, I call that obsessed.

:bump:

This is the one detail the defense team wants everyone to forget.

5 months. That's it. 8th graders 'date' longer than that.....
And she, by her own testimony or inference, was a victim to every single abuse that can be found on the Power and Control wheel...magically with no escalation.

Thought the same thing myself. If only Juan Martinez had been able to refer to Travis' grave in response to her "feel sorry for me" statement. At least he said "I don't care......".

MOO

It seems many of us here had the same thoughts so I am confident it wasn't lost on at least some of the jurors

Glad your mom is doing well!

The duct tape was used to hold a 'body bug' (a monitoring device-see here http://www.bodybugg.com/). You can see it on his upper right arm in one of the pictures of him on the bed.

I am about 12 hours behind in this thread. the device is Seen in the photos for the crime scene on the left hand side of the sink and has a strap that goes around the arm that attaches it to the arm. why would someone put duct tape over an electronic device with a strap to reinforce it? I put duct tape on stuff, and it has sticky sticky all over anything once removed. Why would I want to get sticky stuff on electronic device? moo still !

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I'm no fan of JA at all, I think she's a sick and quite evil individual, but I'm kind of tired of her being demonised when all she did is what a thousand husbands and boyfriends do to their wives and girlfriends, every single year. We aren't having blow by blow coverage of these cases, because they are so common. Arias is no worse than any one of these guys and needs to be treated exactly the same, ho hum another domestic, not vilified and judged to be some sort of Evil Goddess.

IMO, what Jodi did to another human being is nothing but pure evil irregardless of who and how others have killed their victims. I didn't come to this opinion based on the amount of coverage this trial has had. I formed my opinion based on the 27 stab wounds to his chest, back and skull, slashing his neck and practically decapitating him, shooting him in the head and then stuffing him into the shower where his body began to rot.

She is not a Bundy who went rampantly slaughtering innocent strangers for nothing other than bloodlust. She had one victim. He treated her badly. It was a crime of passion, and not exactly motiveless as Bundy's crimes were.

The only difference between Jodi and Ted Bundy is that she was careless enough that LE was able to connect her to the crime and arrest her before she could escape. And, IMO, if Jodi hadn't been arrested she would have killed again. What motive could anyone have for killing someone in the heinous way Jodi murdered Travis?

As for the comment BBM, There is no proof, documentation or witness's to support any of the accusations Jodi has spewed on that stand about Travis. IMO,Travis treated her better than she EVER deserved. This was not a crime of passion. It was a crime of pure, deliberate, rage and revenge.

Enough of feeding the tr*lls,:furious:

I'm thinking Jodi testified to the camera being an Olympus. Some one correct me if I am wrong....

That figures, eh? Someone from PPL had the early info.! I'm guessing the prosecutor knows about it, aren't you?

Yep, I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that JM knew and let JA dig her own 4th hole.

Oh and Fox has filled it's political quota for the Justice Janine show and is going to be on Jodi Arias after a little bit more right wing propaganda and some fear mongering about the economy, with some fluff pieces thrown in ...

I refuse to allow that channel to be on in my house.

New PPL sleuthers...remember they have changed names since this all began...they are now Legal Shield....
Be careful sleuthing them....

According to Det. Flores' report, the camera was a Sony. TA had asked his roommate which camera to buy and that's the one that was recommended. No value given in that report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth