long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The salt river would have been a good choice. Imo.

She could have thrown it in Shasta Lake. It's on I-5, 10 miles from Redding and there are many places to pull off and get rid of it.

I also think the knife came from her dad's restaurant.

ladonna said:
Anyone recall the make and value of Travis's camera?

I'm THINKING that I read some where that it was an Olympus, but don't quote me on that. I have that camera and love it.

Jodi claims they filmed a sex video on her Olympus, but deleted it and it could not be recovered.

Travis had a Sony DSC-H9 (Black). Current price on Amazon is $1,499 but as little as under $200 used.

I agree. I don't know how many of you saw the HLN Afterdark episode the other night but Judge Alex was on and was asked why Jodi brought the knife. He made a statement that really hit home with me and explained it very simply. Jodi was so enraged that she planned and executed her plan to murder Travis. She used the knife simply because she wanted to feel it enter his body over and over again, simply because in her mind, he deserved it and she needed to end him hold on her life forever. She wanted to experience the feeling she got from delivering horrendous pain as much as possible to Travis. The gun was just the coup de gras, to end it so that she could start her life anew and go on with it. I think that Judge Alex nailed it. Jodi was ready to make Travis pay. She planned on taping him, photographing him, causing him the most pain possible and murdering him, therefore putting him completely out of her life and then she would be free to go on and start another life.

Very well may be that the knife was her first choice. Most of you have probably seen it, but it is quite eerie that the poses and actions of the woman in the movie Psycho murder scene are quite similar to those that Jodi had Travis do. Was she reenacting the movie scene?

And she, by her own testimony or inference, was a victim to every single abuse that can be found on the Power and Control wheel...magically with no escalation.

And accused Travis as a pedophile...the only pedophile since the invention of the Internet without a single inappropriate image of a child on his computer.

I'm thinking Jodi testified to the camera being an Olympus. Some one correct me if I am wrong....

Oops wrong person I was reading Barry hall is he somebody else? Ok here I go thanks for the link.

According to Det. Flores' report, the camera was a Sony. TA had asked his roommate which camera to buy and that's the one that was recommended. No value given in that report.

Thank you. I was wrong then. :)

Thanks, Steely Dan!!

If that text isn't proof of a motive, I don't know what is... Sounds like she did something BAD and he was about to expose her to EVERYONE.

Did more come out about this? I've searched the threads and can't find anything. Even the timeline thread...

Hate to be a bother, but I can't believe I missed the significance of this in court. And why was she reading it as part of the defense? IMHO it makes her look worse. :/

Someone here made a point that this sounds like a typical lovers' quarrel, but I have to disagree. Travis sounds very, very angry in this text.

After Juan's triumph over Doc S, which will be continued on Monday, trying to piece together who may remain as defense witnesses. Have gone over the evidentiary hearings' minutes over last 3 years and have found following names:

Heather Nitterauer: currently incarcerated for armed robbery, testified for defense in 08-09-11 evidentiary hearing, no friggin clue as to why or about what.

Rosemarie Urbanski, polygrapher: A defense witness and must have given a polygraph to JA at her request. She testified at evidentiary hearing on 08-15-11. Have no idea of what she testified to in that hearing, but perhaps about TA letters which JA was trying to get admitted? Perhaps she took a polygraph regarding whether they were authentic?I know the defense made a motion for her to testify at mitigation well after this date, but the motion was denied.

M McCartney: have no clue, can't find anything in the minutes regarding pretrial hearings except a motion by defense for State to release all material related to the attempted interrogation of MM on 05-25-11 at 8:30am. I know JA has offered him as the only corroborating witness alleged bruising and TA alleged abuse, but Juan seems to have taunted through her cross regarding MM.

Kimberly Ross - former cell mate, no clue again why she may be called, can't find her name in prior hearings

Alyce LaViolette - DV expert (IMO the hail mary witness for the defense)

Not listed: Any forensic expert (IMO glaring absence which will hurt defense)

So what's everyones' thoughts?

I am about 12 hours behind in this thread. the device is Seen in the photos for the crime scene on the left hand side of the sink and has a strap that goes around the arm that attaches it to the arm. why would someone put duct tape over an electronic device with a strap to reinforce it? I put duct tape on stuff, and it has sticky sticky all over anything once removed. Why would I want to get sticky stuff on electronic device? moo still !

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I agree, I gave up, some people will insist til the world ends that he had duct tape on his arm.

It is clearly the body bug(strap) on his arm in photo.

Don't forget O.J.!

Other than butchering someone with a knife I don't see any similarity between OJ and Jodi Arias. OJ was a celebrity who was jealous of his ex-wife and decided to butcher her, Ron Goldman was in the wrong place at the wrong time and paid with his life. The OJ trial not guilty verdict was celebrity/race related. Period.

I refuse to allow that channel to be on in my house.

My gay friends have a 'parental lock' on it so it can't be viewed without an access code, they find the extra time it takes to remember the code is long enough to resist the urge to watch it, even for a second.

I just had to turn off Geraldo, insulted beyond belief within a few short seconds and don't want to think about people who believe what they are saying - it's scary.

I'm going to bed. Keep up the good work guys. :)

Question: The camera and its memory card were found inside the washing machine at Travis' place. I'm into amateur photography and have to ask, did she take the card out of the camera before she tossed it in the washer? This wasn't clear from court testimony. It probably doesn't matter, but I am curious.

Question: The camera and its memory card were found inside the washing machine at Travis' place. I'm into amateur photography and have to ask, did she take the card out of the camera before she tossed it in the washer? This wasn't clear from court testimony. It probably doesn't matter, but I am curious.

No, the card was in the camera. She didn't even think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member