long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:jail:
I tried to listen to the interrogation and eventually gave up, JOdi using this very quiet aren't I sweet and helpless voice that my old ears can't hear. Is there a transcript anywhere of the interrogations?

Have you tried turning up the volume in the You Tube window? I find that the default setting is pretty low.

Oh typical Fox, turn a crime show into a 'let's bash Obama' show ... Greta used to be good once too, darn you Fox. Darn you.

9-25-12 court minutes:

The Court has considered the Defendant’s Motion to Seal Defense Team Billing Logs
filed July 26, 2012 and the State’s Response to Defendant’s Motion to Seal Defense Team
Billing Logs filed September 4, 2012.
Defendant requests the court issue an order sealing all billing records submitted to the
Office of Public Defense. Defendant argues that disclosure of information contained in these
records could provide the State access into the conduct and strategy of the defense team.
Defendant further argues access to such information would compromise her defense as well as
penalty phase preparation.
The Court has been advised the Office of Public Defense routinely redacts privileged
information from billing documents prior to releasing documents sought through a public record
request. Clearly the billing records are public records. See A.R.S. § 39-121.
The court finds the current practice employed by the Office of Public Defense to redact
such records prevents the harm the defendant seeks to avoid by sealing these records.
IT IS ORDERED denying the Defendant’s Motion to Seal Defense Team Billing Logs

WoW!! Hmm...so what the heck is this latest filing about?:waitasec:

In all honesty, Jodi creeps me out way more than even Manson. And I always thought there was no one that could possibly creep me out more than him. I totally noticed that about how I felt about her when I first heard about this case when I watched the 48 hours show about her. I was so creeped out watching that show I felt like she was even in the room somehow with me. UGH. And now the more I see her following this case the more she totally gives me the willies.

I see where you're coming from. Where Manson wore his insanity on his sleeve, Jodi hides hers and acts like a sweet little thing without a care in the world. After what she did with her own two hands, it's unfathomable. She has no soul behind her eyes.

I think she was supposed to go and he pulled that rug out. He wanted away from her. 2 things that were the last straws for her and her obsession with him: 1. She found out that he was serious about dating to find marriage, he was desperate to get married. (like sands thru the hourglass, time was almost out and she had to act fast) 2. Taking a nice Mormon girl to Cancun instead of her.
She couldn't overcome those obstacles and control him so she decided to

Oops
Sorry!
She said in the newest interrogation tape released! That one of Travis roommate told her he was dating seriously.

You know what .. even if that wasn't someone I was interested in I would still be 'gutted' after looking forward to it for a year. Let alone being replaced by a rival by a guy I was still sleeping with! Saying she wasn't jealous about it just proves how jealous she really was.

Can WM get Jodi back up on the stand and question her about this?

Dateline on right now...on TLC

The Larry McNabney story...

I KNEW Larry and Elise McNabney, from the Quarter Horse show world -

Oh, but to find out she was a con artist, and wasn't Elise after all..........

She ended up killing him, 9/10/01, by drugging him with horse tranquilizers and then stuffing him in a freezer until she decided to bury him in a shallow grave.

I know many of the players in this story and the Dateline show.......remember those months well when we all figured out he was missing.

So strange....if anyone wants to watch an interesting story with two evil women, it's interesting.

I think she was supposed to go and he pulled that rug out. He wanted away from her. 2 things that were the last straws for her and her obsession with him: 1. She found out that he was serious about dating to find marriage, he was desperate to get married. (like sands thru the hourglass, time was almost out and she had to act fast) 2. Taking a nice Mormon girl to Cancun instead of her.
She couldn't overcome those obstacles and control him so she decided to murder him.[/
Travis roommate/ friend of was the one who gave her this information! According to the newest interrogation tape?
Yep.

IIRC JA started dating Bobby when she was 15 and they broke up more times than one can count. I think she went to Costa Rica in her sophomore year and then revisted another time later. Doesn't really sound like she was there long enough for Victor to be a real boyfriend.

Didn't RS mention someone by the name of Alan who was Jodi's first sexual (oral) encounter? I believe RS stated that Jodi had multiple sexual encounters with this particular guy starting at around 13, maybe?

And she can also destroy him not only to (attempt to) make herself look better but to (attempt to) ensure no one else will ever love him, making him hers alone for all eternity. To my mind, she's the epitome of depravity.

And to your last question, the disorder itself precludes her from being able to see what many of us do. Jodi looks in the mirror and sees, likely, a beauty queen with a genius IQ. Her very world is based upon her fantasy so even if it isn't 'the' truth, it's 'her' truth.

JMO

Well, she has succeeded in connecting Travis with herself forever.

Real life had the audacity to interrupt my trial viewing on Thursday, but I just caught up with the trial (go JM!) and all the great posts here.

Question: Does anyone know when Dr. Samuel finished his evaluation of JA? I am just wondering why this man was still meeting with her as recently as Dec. 2012

Hi, I posted on this site last summer--not for long. I have been interested in all of the comments posted here about the Arias trial and am very favorably impressed by this prosecutor. His grasp of logic is amazing. Also, I find it odd that the defense "expert" witnesses seem like throwbacks to the seventies...? I'm in my 50s and recognize it. ;-)

Can WM get Jodi back up on the stand and question her about this?

Juan cannot call Jodi back to the stand, but he can call someone to get it in, just as he is with the Tesoro and Walmart reps.

Didn't RS mention someone by the name of Alan who was Jodi's first sexual (oral) encounter? I believe RS stated that Jodi had multiple sexual encounters with this particular guy starting at around 13, maybe?

Clinton @ age 15

OT - The Christopher Porco movie is on Lifetime right now.

Never heard about this story before... I think i was in college when it happened. I Watched the 48 Hours on the case online today before starting the movie. There was a news story that a judge tried to ban this movie from airing. :dunno:

Apparently a lot of people think Porco & CA's personalities are very similar.

Sorry... I know this is totally OT but wanted to share that the movie is on...& afterwards Lifetime is airing a story about Porco.

If Martinez wants to secure Murder 1 he needs to stop badgering the witnesses for defendant. On the flip side, the defense is completely asleep and are relying not on their arguments, but credibility. Unfortunately not one witnessed has seemed credible yet. So the defense has no argument and no credibility?

As long as Martinez keeps being persistent (but not so loud and rude!) murder 1 should stick.

I don't see Mr. Martinez badgering the defense witnesses. He has to be persistent because they lie and/or twist the truth. Loud, yep at times....I LOVE IT!!....RUDE..haven't seen that yet except from Jodi and the 'doctor'. From all I have seen, JM know EXACTLY what he is doing. He is organized, has his facts straight and can back them up and he stands by Lawyer 101...never ask a question you don't KNOW the answer to. I think his conviction record speaks for itself. JMO of course

I see where you're coming from. Where Manson wore his insanity on his sleeve, Jodi hides hers and acts like a sweet little thing without a care in the world. After what she did with her own two hands, it's unfathomable. She has no soul behind her eyes.

She's scarry! The glaring she's been doing lately. I'm wondering if the glare was towards TA family! Since they refused to remove their ribbons. I'm glad people will be wearing them inside pinned to their clothing not visible to the eye. How evil of her to demand , She tried to control Travis and now his family.

I was thinking the same thing when she made that comment about the closet being bigger than her cell! That, and the shower stall she stuffed him in - her cell's bigger

not to be crude but when she said that, I thought about Travis' grave :( She has no soul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southshore16