long weekend break: discuss the latest here #103

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A serious question from me for a change... RS is obviously a hack who will say anything for a buck. ALV on the other hand does presumably have a concern for what impact false DV claims might have on legit DV claims. So it seems like she'd be much more honest about it - or at least I'd hope so.

For example, if JM asks whether Jodi told her that Travis had boobie pictures on his computer, instead of giving a Samuels-ish answer like "I don't recall" or "That's irrelevant" or "He erased them", wouldn't she be more likely to give an honest answer?

Help me please! She says she was under great financial stress, that's why she moved back to Yreka (ok, I know she lies)....but how could she afford to drop her job? There are not unlimited waitressing opportunities in Yreka, after all, how can she burn an employer by taking off?

So she goes to Arizona, where she is a pariah, and sleeps in Travis' empty bed? WHY? She intimates she has done it before, "as usual", but that was when she lived nearby and maybe they were a couple or he was wooing her or something.

Seems like Travis sent some serious mixed signals, perhaps out of naive gratitude that she was finally gone. Maybe he thought he could still get off with her on the phone and he wouldn't have to confess that.

Fill me in if there is some other info, pls.

I like this scenario. He hadn't seen her in what? 6 or 7 weeks? He had not gone up there----he cancelled that at least once.

So from april to the day he died, this was phone sex only.

When I was a field social worker, I visited clients in their homes. They would cover tables and dressers and chairs with blankets, telling me that everything was a mess because they were packing to move to a better place. They would say they were living with relatives temporarily while looking for a place near where they planned to work. What was really under the blankets was drug paraphernalia and beer bottles, dirty dishes, clutter.

Jodi would meet Travis in a motel room so they could have privacy from grandparents for sex. She might even point out somebody else's house as her grandparents, who can't be disturbed because they are recovering from illness.

She would take Travis to church where she could introduce him to all her dear, dear friends, whom she hardly knew and who didn't really know her at all. This is how she would appear normal, having "work" and "church" and her profession as an artist and photographer.

By the way, when I did career counseling, virtually every single unemployed and drug-addicted pregnant woman told me what she really wanted to be was an artist. "So I could draw all day...."

Only one person had talent and actually was able and willing, with guidance, to gain skills and earn a living painting Persian rugs on hardwood floors for people with asthma.

Thank you for the first-hand perspective!

Exactly what I was envisioning her to do. Although I do not believe Travis ever intended to visit her in Yreka. He most likely already knew it was all a facade.

MOO

[video=youtube;8Q1wKXsS5gE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q1wKXsS5gE[/video]

Another thought popped into my head today about JA's motive(s) to murder Travis. She lies through her teeth but she did say that Travis had been working on his body, getting in better shape. Supposedly, that's part of the reason for JA to take the shower pic's.

So here's Travis taking someone else to Cancun, maybe feeling a little more confident with his body, perhaps feeling a little more "skilled" so to speak from all of the sexual experiences that TA and JA had.

It would just add fuel to the fire and add to motive.

I know in my own experience that disordered individuals do not like it when they are not in control and the victim is trying to be "independent" or "gain "confidence"

JMHO

I'm having a consultation with an eye surgeon Tuesday about corrective surgery, so I took a peek. Nothing to lose! KWIM? :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
Omg...thank you for the belly laugh!!!

I checked out the HLN site since they are the ones running the cameras, and they do have screen shots of the other texts, but not that one. Sorry.

curiouser and curiouser..surely Juan wouldn't have let Nurmi get away with lying about that text...I will try and help out in the search tomorrow if you don't figure it out sooner.

I checked out the HLN site since they are the ones running the cameras, and they do have screen shots of the other texts, but not that one. Sorry.

I checked a transcript in the media/timeline thread and it notes that exhibit 442 was not shown on screen.

BBM:
Yes, yes, YES!!! I've been preaching that same sermon. The text of the 26th ENRAGED her. She used the next day (the 27th) to plan her revenge. Grandfather's gun was stolen on the 28th and Jodi was on the road 4 days later.

Travis is proof that NOBODY talks to Jodi Arias that way and LIVES (unless he decides to take her to Cancun, of course).

Of all the drama they had during their short relationship she didn't kill him until he sent that text on May 26th, 2008. :twocents:
Vaguely in my fog do I remember her telling someone that Travis had already postponed the Yreka visit once before?

Another serious question... Nurmi mentions about every third sentence that he has 35 years of experience. I believe this is a preview that they'll claim JM's relatively green expert is not to be trusted. I think this will backfire bigtime, esp if JM used JDM to make it look like the last original thing Samuels did was during the Carter administration. I think the jury would really go for that, because some of his stuff with everything hand-written, no pro-printed test forms, no recordings, etc. make it look like he's still acting as though PCs haven't been invented yet.

It is just incomprehensible to me that Jodi never did anything (that we know of) to better herself! Nothing against waitressing; I had to leave my day job and waitress for a while when my kids reached a certain age and needed me home. But waitressing isn't a career goal, I mean really.....get a GED and attended a community college! Do SOMETHING to improve your circumstances!

Travis was ambitious and I am sure he wanted a wife who was willing to participate in building a solid life. Jodi just wanted to latch on to a meal ticket and she just wasn't "all that" so she could be someone's trophy wife. Just drives me crazy when I see people who have there hands out for a freebie but are not willing to put in time to earn it! Rant over.

ITA, wing -- she quit HS in her junior year and left home at 17, and moved in with her BF in his grandparents' (IIRC) home. I think she waited tables then, too, when she worked. She was always moving in with someone while waiting tables. I agree, there's nothing wrong with waiting tables, but it's hard work, stressful, and the only way to make pretty decent $$ is to wait a lot of tables for smallish tips, but the game there is quick turnover of diners, or to wait in a plush restaurant, be near-perfect at your job and make big tips. There was another goodfernuttin man in there somewhere...

Then she found the job at the fancy place, where DB hired her, and lived in the dormitory there. He moved out, she stayed in the dorm, and then she moved in with DB and they bought a house, which was later foreclosed. And on to Mesa... Seems like -- maybe I dreamed it -- she rented a room for some time after she got to Mesa -- maybe after whoever-it-was kicked her out of her place, and she lived with TA off & on as well. I don't think she had prolly ever signed a rental agreement as an official tenant.... Seems like I left something out, but IDK. And there was always her car and dept. store or gas/snack station bathrooms.

She was very busy having a ball & being completely irresponsible, and she must have done okay living by the day. (IMO, the same stuff some other prisoners did as well.) She perfected & continued to use her horizontal talents :what: to get by and have a place to sleep. ~Maybe she took a look at how well CA did with her similar talent & figured why not? If she can, I can, since I'm so smart & cute & sexy as he!!.~

And even now, she is freeloading of the Maricopa county with two squares and a clean bed & bath. Not bad, huh?
icon8.gif

Seems like I heard steven croberts mentioned as mm friend, it stood out to me! Because I have a bro I law by that name?
Thanks - I remembered Steve, but couldn't recall his last name. I figured out Alan Kreitl
. He was the document examiner for Juan (the letters).

Hmmm - could MM have told Steve about forging the letters??? Otherwise I can't see the connection since this hearing was all about those letters.

The problem I am having is it was introduced as evidence and it is Exhibit 442. I don't think I can prove anything one way or the other without having the transcript of the darn thing. S/he continues to state it is evidence the spiderman underwear story is true and is corroborated. Why do I get into such debates?! I just feel so strongly about this case I couldn't let someone who thinks JA was a victim go unchallenged.

I have looked everywhere and I cannot find anything more than vague references with regard to this exhibit 442. I don't suppose Nancy Grace would return a call from me, huh? :lol:

I found this WS post from WS'er Kmouse from Feb 19:

February 19, 2013 morning testimony part 1
February 19, 2013
Jodi Arias--Defence CIC day 7
Morning testimony

--Nurmi: Before we talk about the B&E at grandparents home, I just want to go over a few more text messages this morning.
--Nurmi wants to go over texts with Travis from February 25th. Nurmi asks to approach the witness, Jodi Arias. Hands her some text messages and asks her if she recognizes them.
--Asks Jodi if she had planned to spend time with Travis that day. Jodi says it was after she had visited with Gus. Martinez objects. Nurmi rephrases question.
--Nurmi asks if her and Travis planned on having sexual activity that day. Jodi days that she was on the road on that day, around the Hoover Dam when she received the texts.

Exhibit 442--text messages from February 25, 20008

--Text talking about a schoolgirl outfit and the Spiderman undies. Was in reference to the underwear received on Valentines day.
--JA says that TA asked that her vagina was hairless because he didn't like hair.
Exhibit 443--Text conversation from March 30, 2008

<Jodi is sniffling and wiping her nose>

--Text converstation began at 1650, Juan objects because JA is looking at the evidence to recall the date and time. The text conversation ended at 2238 hours. JA does not remember where she was during the text conversation. Says she was probably at her house in Mesa as she hadn't moved yet.
--JA hung up on TA during a conversation on that day because she says TA was swearing at her.
--Martinez objects to the Exhibit being entered into evidence as it is hearsay. Lawyers approach the bench.

I still don't know why Travis let her in the fateful night/morning.

My theory is he knew she coming over and he did wait up for her.

Maybe they slept, who knows. They clearly spent time having sex, taking pics.

She left because she had to meet Ryan B. and I believe know that and he was glad she left ... just for her to walk right bak in because the doors weren't locked.

I totally agree with you. I think he had come to a point that he told her - ok do what you want to do - release the tape you made and f-off because I've had enough. She had no recourse then. He threatened to expose her for what she was. She had no hold left on him.

OT a bit - I've mentioned a little bit about my experiences with a sociopath here before. I limit what I write because I'm still very scared. I will say though, that these creatures are triggered by very specific things. Mine, was generally not physically abusive but he went HAYWIRE twice and both times I'd dared to utter the term "loser". The first time, it got him screaming and cursing and threatening me physically - the second time, he smacked me to the ground and (while I pretended to be unconscious) he dragged me into our home by the feet and left me in the hallway (seemingly unconscious) while he went to the living room to watch tv. The next day, it was like nothing NOTHING NOTHING had ever happened.

They have triggers. JA had hers.

moo
OMG I'm glad you are relatively safe - well, IT seems to be out of your life. See, I just can't even connect with things like yours and Arias. They seem to be monsters, and I can't even imagine living with someone like that.
Do you find it odd that we haven't heard of earlier psychopathic behavior? MM just HAD to see some - being around her for so long.

Another serious question... Nurmi mentions about every third sentence that he has 35 years of experience. I believe this is a preview that they'll claim JM's relatively green expert is not to be trusted. I think this will backfire bigtime, esp if JM used JDM to make it look like the last original thing Samuels did was during the Carter administration. I think the jury would really go for that, because some of his stuff with everything hand-written, no pro-printed test forms, no recordings, etc. make it look like he's still acting as though PCs haven't been invented yet.

Really true, and psychology just like medicine is constantly evolving with new technology, better experiments and data collection and information sharing. I know those fresh-fresh out of school are not going to have the experience necessary to be a high level of expert, but with experience in the field a "green expert" as you said will be a lot more relevant than Samuels who is stuck in the 70's. 35 years experience + rigorous continuing education + the competency on stand to prove it would be amazing... but Samuels only has the 35 years of experience, which to me is pretty much useless if he doesn't use that experience to become a more adept psychologist! It just shows me he has been practicing how to be a bumbling butthead for the past 35 years, and now he is a pro at it.
MOO :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member