long weekend break: discuss the latest here #113

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some will always have an issue with JM no matter what he does I think.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

It's impossible to construe my agreement that he didn't do anything wrong and that he won't do it again if only to avoid any further attention to the subject as my having an "issue" with Juan. Just because I can't stand Juan's courtroom demeanor doesn't mean I think he's wrong 1000% of the time.

:seeya: I'm hoping her reason for quitting 30 minutes early on Thursday means she's almost done - she wanted the whole weekend with her last words.

I am so sick of Wilma's voice, she acts like a teenager. And this new witness AV, according to her everybody is an abuser. I've yelled at my husband and kids so many times during the years, I must be a terrorist. OMG she is sickening, I understand why real battered women are upset about her testifying in this case. According to her everybody is abusive to poor JA. Nothing is JA fault. I hope JM asks her, have you spoken with Travis? and you believe everything a known liar tells you.

Does David Lohr read here/know we LOVE him?? I just watched unedited video #6 and I find it very interesting (suspect) that at around 28:48 Jodi is asking the female detective if they've found her journals. She proceeds to explain where more journals are and almost pushes them on the detective. IMO it's because she has falsified info/lied in them in her effort to cover her tracks. She has SO premeditated this, MOO! And sorry, still a newbie here and not sure how to imbed a video clip!
Jodi Arias Unedited Police Interrogation Video 6 - YouTube

Great post! Welcome!!!!!!!!:seeya::rocker::great:

Are you responding to me or just jumping of my post? If you're responding to me, please notice that I haven't done that (the bold). I said he was probably blindsided and reacted without thinking and that he won't do it again because he wouldn't want to attract that type of attention to it again. That's all. I never said Martinez did anything wrong, at all. The opposite, in fact.

Sorry! Just jumping! I was expressing a general weariness of HLN & Nurmi.:rocker:

This is what I would do if I was the prosecutor:

Ms. LaViollette, were there any e-mails which indicated that Travis was PHYSICALLY abusive?

No...

Were there any e-mails or texts which indicated that the defendant should fear for her life?

No....

Thank You, I have nothing further Judge...

:wink:

I think the jury would be thrilled to just move it along.

"In your experience could planning to murder someone be an example of fluid boundaries?"
"What about stabbing them 27+times"
"On your chart which category would intentionally trying to cover up a crime, and lead police in a different direction, be an example of?"

Does David Lohr read here/know we LOVE him?? I just watched unedited video #6 and I find it very interesting (suspect) that at around 28:48 Jodi is asking the female detective if they've found her journals. She proceeds to explain where more journals are and almost pushes them on the detective. IMO it's because she has falsified info/lied in them in her effort to cover her tracks. She has SO premeditated this, MOO! And sorry, still a newbie here and not sure how to imbed a video clip!

BBM

Yes, he does, he's a WS'er ;)

Here are a couple comments he posted last night about the police interrogation videos.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9134309&postcount=24"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9134309&postcount=24[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9134339&postcount=32"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9134339&postcount=32[/ame]

This is what I would do if I was the prosecutor:

Ms. LaViollette, were there any e-mails which indicated that Travis was PHYSICALLY abusive?

No...

Were there any e-mails or texts which indicated that the defendant should fear for her life?

No....

Thank You, I have nothing further Judge...

:wink:

I think the jury would be thrilled to just move it along.

Fantastic. And I expect a line of questioning that is very similar to this in which Lavi is forced to admit that there is no mention of Travis being abusive to women. That is merely her interpretation of the behavior that Chris Hughes is describing Travis of having.

I love how her first real question is about her media portrayal!

:rocker: :takeabow:

Great analogy!

Jodi thought she was starring as the leading "Princess" role in a Disney movie,
Travis thought he was watching the Playboy channel.

She was looking for a lifetime contract, Travis was only interested in a trial subscription.

IMO you can't attract a prince by acting like a tramp...

I've been thinking about what JM can do with AVL on cross re what she's not supposed to testify about and how JW is trying to plant it in the jury's mind that she is testifying to it. Couldn't he ask her a string of questions like this, or would that open the door to anything. It's a given there will be objections galore of course.

"Ma'am, how many times did you interview Mr Alexander?"

"That right, none, because the defendant, whom you swore under oath that you "liked", stabbed and shot and killed him, right?"

"Without having interviewed Mr Alexander, you cannot say as an absolute fact that in your expert opinion he was abusive to the defendant, right?"
- That's the key one. She can give all this innuendo, but she is not allowed to state this, is she? If she agrees that she cannot, then in effect the jury can disregard everything she testified to; if she says that she can offer it, then wouldn't the judge have to toss that answer and instruct the jury that as a matter of law she cannot offer that as an expert opinion?

"And if in fact he had not been murdered (objection/sustained) slaughtered (objection/sustained) killed by the defendant, and you had been able to hear his side of the story, then it's possible that your expert opinion would be that in this relationship Ms Arias was actually the abusive party, right?"
- He'll surely work this in somewhere. She believes only women can be abused, but this question corners her. If she says it wouldn't be possible, then the jurors will see her bias because you know they're all thinking much of what she said on her first day sounds like JA; if she says it would be possible, then it shoots down almost everything that sounded so great for the defense. Either way, it neutralizes her.

Awesome ~ I will be very disappointed if he doesn't ask her these questions.

How would Det. Flores know she was a narcissist or vain at the time he interrogated her? I would like to know why Det. Flores told JA that TA was a player and that he did not make as much money as he thought he did. Did one of TA's friends talk to Det. Flores?
She made it pretty apparent she was a narcissist at the onset when she cried over the lack of make-up for her mug shot.'You're going to think I'm so shallow and vain' waaaaa. Cops need to be able to size people up pretty quickly. I think Flores had JA's number when she started call him the day TA was found.
I think he said that about TA to bait her and hopefully get a rise out of her. I think he told her that her parents thought she was responsible to get a rise out of her too.

Many thanks to David Lohr for uploading the tapes. You rawk :rocker:

Really like the fade in/fade out music too.

I have a problem with The Fog.

Listening to JA testify, she says that when The Fog lifted she realized something bad had happened. She speaks as if the fog were an obscuring event that happened in the past, like unconsciousness. She "came to."

Later on she testifies that The Fog is a memory fog in which her actions were simply not recorded in memory. With that explanation, she would know exactly what she was doing at the time and would be as functional as anyone else. She just wouldn't be able to explain why she did certain things, or what she did.

And we see her deducing what she did. "I guess I must have put it in the washing machine, I was the only one there...."

Did I miss some psychological testimony while having my own crazy drama life going on?

Iirc at one point Juan asked JA if she was still in a fog while being with Ryan......JA answered YES.

I remember thinking WTF?

Does anyone else remember that?

I wonder if JM will ask ALV about people who use domestic abuse as an excuse and do 'victims' take the time to clean up and deny ever being there.

ALV also said that 'victims' don't like to upset their abuser.... so pointing a gun to 'stop' Travis wouldnt make sense if JA victim self process told her that would only make him more angry.

Spent the day watching the newly released interrogation videos and catching up on the threads. It's a good thing I'm not the one hosting Easter dinner this year, lol.

What do you all think that Jodi's first move was to disable Travis from fighting her off?

@19.00
JA: He would never let me take pictures of him in the shower, despite our intimacy, he was very private about his showers. (description of the shower, bathroom, hallway, closet) . . . and I never went into the bathroom when he was showering because he was just private that way.
Det: Are you saying that those pictures were taken without his consent?
JA: I'm just saying that whoever took those pictures must have . . . I mean it's just hard to imagine.

Thanks for finding this and posting it. I knew she said he wouldn't have posed for pics in the shower and the pics that were taken definitely looks stalkerish, badly taken and the Travis looks unaware of them. Their darkness makes me think there was no flash and that was because she didn't want him to know she was taking them.

I have always though he discovered her taking pics and was rightfully furious and from there it got worse. She does weave bits of truth in her stories and I do believe he was angry at her but not because she "dropped the camera". I have always thought maybe she dropped the camera, which revealed her presence and that is when things got really bad, really quick. He was mad because he discovered her taking pics and she had NO excuse for her doing it (or being there?) and this was the final straw for him and she knew it.

Physical abuse and emotional are two different beasts.

I think the letter from Hughes' describes Travis being "emotionally abusive".

If I Juan i'd ask: Are there any indications that Travis could not commit to women?

Answer: YES. That's the gist of it. Move along...

Fantastic. And I expect a line of questioning that is very similar to this in which Lavi is forced to admit that there is no mention of Travis being abusive to women. That is merely her interpretation of the behavior that Chris Hughes is describing Travis of having.

Iirc at one point Juan asked JA if she was still in a fog while being with Ryan......JA answered YES.

I remember thinking WTF?

Does anyone else remember that?

Yes, I remember. I hope the jury caught because her fog is supposed to claim her memory. Yet she remembers even better than Ryan where his hands were. She called him "full of crap." Stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns