long weekend break: discuss the latest here #113

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? Help me out here, how do you see this? What is the blue strip in the picture, maybe I can go from there?
Enlarge the pic on your screen. Then follow the seamline along the hem to the right. At the point the seamline changes to a more upward angle is the separation between the two pant legs. You can see the defining line as you look up the leg from where the hemline stitching changes course.

I've still only seen the first 5 videos, but here are the things that jumped out at me. Curious what other's think.

When Jodi moved out of Rachel’s, the new place was within Travis’ ward boundaries (according to Jodi).

How does she know Travis wrote in long letter to Sky Hughes and what Sky sent in response?

Travis was trying to make Jodi look bad in the Hughes’ eyes with story about tow truck driver (concerned with losing their respect).

Jodi has a lot of trouble explaining why she didn’t leave Travis. It is not a question she expected to be asked. Real reason is obvious?

Jodi never physically reacts to what Flores says.

Jodi clearly believes French maid’s outfit photo was sent as a joke. Flores says Travis was a big flirt and Jodi agrees. Travis did not expect her to wear the outfit.

Jodi tells Travis’ friend John that she knows “that’s true” that Travis is looking for someone to marry. Why does she then confront him about it later? She didn’t know but doesn’t react to bad news.

Jodi struggles to explain where she drove. She has not thought up coherent story to explain.

Jodi has already thought of explanations why her blood and hair might be at the house, but never expected LE to find palm print.

Flores makes quite a business of flipping through photo binder, paging back and forth, letting Jodi sweat. Pretty clever!

The first sign of serious crying is over photos. Almost cries out when shown photo of pants’ leg and foot.

Immediately states that neighbors would not recognize her because of change in hair color. This answer points to premeditation.

LOTS of worrying about reputation and losing others’ respect.

Jodi is genuinely curious about what Flores means when he says she is not acting right. And here she thought she’d figured out how she was supposed to behave!

She knows Travis is in a better place and his family’s grief will be temporary. Self-justification for why killing him wasn’t so bad. Thinks everyone will cry a bit then move on. It’s what SHE would do.

I don't understand how his body could be twisted in that position for it to be his foot? :waitasec: The arrow appears to be pointing to a blood stain to me.

I thought that was Travis's foor as it is at the end of him. Now I am even more confused as I am looking for Jodi.
Great video Steely and I will look at it many times today.

Travis is on his back. The foot arrow points to his foot; the image shows either the bottom of his left foot (left leg bent at knee and crossed over right leg with bottom of left foot pointing toward camera) or the top of his right foot (perhaps his abdomen is twisted slightly so that his right hip is resting on the floor and outside of right foot resting on floor).

I see it as the top of Travis right foot in a straight line being dragged with Jodi in the forfront which it is her that I can not make out.

Enlarge the pic on your screen. Then follow the seamline along the hem to the right. At the point the seamline changes to a more upward angle is the separation between the two pant legs. You can see the defining line as you look up the leg from where the hemline stitching changes course.

Computer stupid, trying to enlarge the picture, how do I do it?

Originally Posted by dani
"I know you weren't asking me, but I think JM started with the "dumb sister" comment to knock Jodi off kilter. To tear her away from the script she had been spouting. And to get her attention and let her know who was going to be running the show "at this point in time". Of course it still was a lot like herding cats, trying to get an answer from Jodi."

I agree that he started off this way to provoke JA's true colors out of the gate. He knew he was dealing with a sociopath and he had to show this so he provoked her at the get go.

On video 9, 12:10, JA is asked about whether or not TA knew she was coming. All she can say is he asked her to and she said she wasn't. Then the Det asked if TA was surprised she came. She never answers.

That solidifies to me that TA did not know she was coming. She is a liar of major proportions and that questions was an easy yes, even for her. Not being able to lie, means she hasn't thought it thru enough to know if it is to her benefit at that time.

She has to know they have been very thorough so far in the investigation. Det Flores showed her the evidence etc. I think she is wary of what they have. Hence, avoiding that discussion all together.

It will take me the next two days to get through all of the video posted but all I can say is wow.

Kelly

DB isn't credible IMO.

They move in together and have separate bedrooms? Who does that? :floorlaugh:

I knew he wasn't credible when he insisted he didn't remember about JA calling him and asking to borrow gas cans.

Then, when JM asked him again, with the date, if she had called multiple times, he finally admitted she had.

He also reluctantly admitted that she told him she was going to Mesa, AZ -- which she denies.

I have a serious question. Do you all REALLY think that juries that are NOT sequestered follow the admonitions to NOT watch TV, NOT read the news and any other forms of media when they are taking part in in trials? Especially high profile cases like the Arias Case? If they did watch the news, could it proven? With all the digital media now, it would be easily tracked. Just curious what you all think?

I do believe Jurors follow the admonitions. I believe they are so invested in their duty day after day. See the faces of the Family etc etc. I have found being in a Courtroom during a Trial gives one a very different "feel" for Jurors and the process. One can almost "feel" the tension,electricity. Much is invested by a Juror and I do believe most folk wouldn't be willing to blow it. I for one don't believe in sequestration. Altho I think it's a good idea during deliberations. MOO

I knew he wasn't credible when he insisted he didn't remember about JA calling him and asking to borrow gas cans.

Then, when JM asked him again, with the date, if she had called multiple times, he finally admitted she had.

He also reluctantly admitted that she told him she was going to Mesa, AZ -- which she denies.

And that was the reason she gave him to borrow the gas cans during one of her calls. So it was not a last minute suggestion from Travis.

I've wondered after the CA debacle whether jurors might now be more likely to read/see things outside of court in an effort to make sure they do get the real story and not a Baez BS story. I've never liked the concept of something being "too prejudicial". In my mind, everything is relevant IF it happened prejudicial or not. I never understood how Baez could just present a bunch of BS but yet other things that were factual weren't allowed.

JA seems incredulous that Zack was the one to find TA. Do you think she was hoping that it would be Mimi? In a 'see what you made me do' kind of way?st

Just curious what others think and who she though would find him?

Kelly

Thanks, but I still don't see it. ETA: His foot should be above the shoulder and not below it. JMO

So I'm now working on editing my video to explain that Juan is trying to show the time difference and how that relates to her being unable to accomplish it in 64 seconds.

BBM If he were laying flat on the ground his shoulder and foot would be more in alignment, however his shoulder was off the floor, he was not lying flat. The side view at the bottom of the picture shows the shoulder at a higher level too.

I've wondered after the CA debacle whether jurors might now be more likely to read/see things outside of court in an effort to make sure they do get the real story and not a Baez BS story. I've never liked the concept of something being "too prejudicial". In my mind, everything is relevant IF it happened prejudicial or not. I never understood how Baez could just present a bunch of BS but yet other things that were factual weren't allowed.

That's why I think Opening Statements should be based on facts that are going to be presented. Baez threw the sexual abuse out there. I believe the Jurors hung their hats on it regarding CA's behavior. In my opinion people have a harder time thinking a young middle class girl who doesn't look like a monster can actually be one. If CA had been a male I think we may have seen a different outcome. Of course I also believe many other dynamics contributed to the verdict as well. IMO

"On video 9, 12:10, JA is asked about whether or not TA knew she was coming. All she can say is he asked her to and she said she wasn't. Then the Det asked if TA was surprised she came. She never answers.

That solidifies to me that TA did not know she was coming. She is a liar of major proportions and that questions was an easy yes, even for her. Not being able to lie, means she hasn't thought it thru enough to know if it is to her benefit at that time."

Agree! And, I just noticed in video 13, a little past the 3 min mark, he asks why she went and JA, after lots of pausing throughout, says "I'm just starting to remember that week, and the week prior, and the Friday prior had a lot to do with it."

I wonder what happened on the Friday prior to June 4th? I checked a calendar and the Friday prior was May 30th.

BBM...Agree, something went very wrong between these JA and TA from May 25 to May 30. May 25 as evidenced by the text messages to her. We still do not what she did to make TA so angry, but he texted about how she has lied and scammed him.

"On video 9, 12:10, JA is asked about whether or not TA knew she was coming. All she can say is he asked her to and she said she wasn't. Then the Det asked if TA was surprised she came. She never answers.

That solidifies to me that TA did not know she was coming. She is a liar of major proportions and that questions was an easy yes, even for her. Not being able to lie, means she hasn't thought it thru enough to know if it is to her benefit at that time."

Agree! And, I just noticed in video 13, a little past the 3 min mark, he asks why she went and JA, after lots of pausing throughout, says "I'm just starting to remember that week, and the week prior, and the Friday prior had a lot to do with it."

I wonder what happened on the Friday prior to June 4th? I checked a calendar and the Friday prior was May 30th.

Yes, that would be interesting to know! I wonder how many calls there were from that date until June 4. If there were multiple daily calls and texts up to that date and suddenly they dropped off. IIRC the calls to TA on the way to AZ were less than 2 min in length and one for 14 or so minutes. I have to go back and check but I didn't get that there were lengthy phone calls while she was on the way to see him.

May 28 was the text from TA blasting JA for scamming and betraying him. I would think a lot of what happened is from whatever she did that caused him to feel that way.

It is interesting to note that Det Flores constantly gives her an out with the possibility of another person involved.

Kelly

Wow! I enlarged the picture and I can see exactly what you are saying. It definitely looks like both legs. You can see the line between the two pant legs, and the seamlines on the hems change an angles. Good catch! I think it it too dark to see her right foot (and also may be the position the foot may be in) and we can see her left foot. The right leg is forefront of the picture and the left leg and left foot is next to Travis. Geesh! The more you examine the pics the more you see! It looks like she is standing perpendicular to him and pulling up his right arm.

As she has clearly stabbed, sliced, carved, slashed and butchered him to death by the time this photo is taken, there can be no other reasonable explanation but that she is dragging him along that bloody tile floor the easiest way possible for her; i.e., from behind him, by his hands/forearms which she has already slashed and sliced. Because, curse him and hang it all, he's going to die in that blasted shower, just like she planned it.

This case has an over-abundance of evidence proving JA's premeditation murder of TA beyond even the desperate, lying doubts her team is trying to fabricate -- let alone a reasonable one.

If this jury doesn't convict on murder one with DP, then there is probably no crime with any amount of evidence upon which this jury would find any defendant guilty as charged.

Even after Casey Anthony, I choose to believe that there are people -- even juries -- who collectively retain some modicum of respect for truth and the rule of law.

BBM...Agree, something went very wrong between these JA and TA from May 25 to May 30. May 25 as evidenced by the text messages to her. We still do not what she did to make TA so angry, but he texted about how she has lied and scammed him.

Im so hoping that JM brings whatever that was about out in closing statements. Speculating, I think she put the BS pedophilia out somewhere that got back to TA and that was basically the straw that broke the camel's back for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pencat