long weekend break: discuss the latest here #113

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM...Agree, something went very wrong between these JA and TA from May 25 to May 30. May 25 as evidenced by the text messages to her. We still do not what she did to make TA so angry, but he texted about how she has lied and scammed him.

Oh thank you May 25, I was thinking 28th!

Kelly

I don't think that's why he brought up the dumb sister comment, though.

I think JM wanted to show Jodi is capable of lying and using people close to her as victims. That she is shallow.

This should work. This will help you see Travis. Elle's pic does a good job of outlining Jodi's foot in the pic.

I'm going to have to disagree with the "Jodi's Foot" reference in this pic. What is marked as Jodi's foot cannot be her foot due to the relative size. Compare the scale of the picture, i.e. size of Travis' shoulder to the relative size of what is marked as Jodi's foot... A person's shoulder width is somewhere between 5-8" from the base of the neck to the bone of the humerus (upper arm bone). A woman who wears a size 6.5-7 shoe is approximately 12" from heel to toe. If we use this as a scale then the foot, as it is marked in the picture, could only be 1-2" long. Not possible for JA... I believe what is marked as JA's foot is actually TA's blood pooling from one of the numerous wounds he sustained.

JA's shadow of the foot is in the foreground of this pic - center and left of center.

Please excuse me if this has already been discussed as I am catching up on old news here today.

Thank you SD for putting words to the image. Up until I saw your post that pic was just a big blur. :seeya:

The degree of brutality she inflicted on Travis is incomprehensible. :what: How anyone could do that to another human being is beyond me. :furious::(

Im not convinced that's a foot. Looks more like coagulated blood to me.

Steely, I think you're right. I think it's a blood stain in the shape of a footprint.

The only other possibility is that it's a shadow, but I believe that's a physical impossibility as well.

I'm going with the expertise of the police photographic analysts and Juan himself who said, "and that's his foot isn't it."

"On video 9, 12:10, JA is asked about whether or not TA knew she was coming. All she can say is he asked her to and she said she wasn't. Then the Det asked if TA was surprised she came. She never answers.

That solidifies to me that TA did not know she was coming. She is a liar of major proportions and that questions was an easy yes, even for her. Not being able to lie, means she hasn't thought it thru enough to know if it is to her benefit at that time."

Agree! And, I just noticed in video 13, a little past the 3 min mark, he asks why she went and JA, after lots of pausing throughout, says "I'm just starting to remember that week, and the week prior, and the Friday prior had a lot to do with it."

I wonder what happened on the Friday prior to June 4th? I checked a calendar and the Friday prior was May 30th.

Quite awhile ago, someone posted this theory: the cellphone calls indicate that Jodi called Travis and left a message that she wanted to apologize. He finally calls her back, and she says, hey, I'm in the area and I really want to apologize for what I did. I was so wrong. I want us to still remain friends. He agrees she can stop by and she issues heartfelt apology. She initiates "makeup sex." And go on from there.

IMO this theory makes perfect sense. It covers all the bases and explains why he let her in the door. OTOH, I know that Anagrammy, who's a Mormon, says this is not possible. If Travis had indeed gone to his bishop to confess his sexual relationship with Jodi, he would never, ever wanted agree to see her again -- that would have been a requirement by the bishop. So while I think the above theory is quite possibly true, it may not be.

In that clip she spends some time describing where you can see the shower from in the bedroom, hallway, and closet also - curiouser and curiouser.

I have nothing to suggest this thought, but I can see Travis sitting down in the shower when he discovers she is taking the pictures (maybe even banging the back of his head against the shower wall in his frustration with her). The shower door is closed on the face shot but open on the torso one that follows. I believe that one probably was "inadvertent" as Jodi says. She didn't have a chance to put the camera down before she started in on him (most likely with the knife). Then the ceiling shot which comes many seconds later is when the camera has been tossed in the struggle.

I have another awful thought that when Travis saw she had a knife, he turned his back to her on purpose. In his blog he talks about doing that with his mother as a way to deflect her blows and so they won't hurt so much. :(

BBM Except who sits like that in a shower? Someone on another thread mentioned they had tried it and couldn't get up without rolliing over and out.

I'm going with the expertise of the police photographic analysts and Juan himself who said, "and that's his foot isn't it."

I'll have to go back and check out the testimony. You could be right. I'm just still not seeing it.

Can someone please find me a time stamped picture of the bathroom ceiling that Jodi claims happened when she dropped the camera?

BBM ~ Also, there is a risk he would plea in the 5th.

I think he has been put away too. Again, I firmly believe he knows more.

Where was he the night Jodi arrived at Travis'?

Yes E.E. I was always curious about the testimony from the Car rental guy at the Redding Airport, when he said that the car smelled of smoke. Wonder if MM or Gus are smokers. She did go through Vegas on her way to Utah, right ... think she met up with Gus? Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

OT - are you from Canada ElleElle ... just curious as I am watching this fiasco from Alberta. I`m Canadian, eh :floorlaugh:

I haven't watched all the videos (not enough time to just sit and watch continuously, but I'll try soon), but one thing always bothered me: it seemed that the shower photos WERE staged at the beginning of the series, the way he's holding his hands, etc. But that one "surprised" photo is what made me think he didn't know she was there. So I was torn = did she surprise him, or did he go along (albeit begrudgingly) with the "photo shoot"??

Then it dawned on me.....I now think she convinced him to do the shoot = it was probably her saying how great he looks now, lets take pictures etc.....and he went along with it. I think she pulled out the knife or gun just before the surprised photo. Because the look on his face is straight up SURPRISE. After that, he did what she said to do out of fear.

And another thing, which is why I haven't been on here a lot lately, WE get to see all this stuff, we can analyze and discuss it and see so many different angles - the jury cannot. I get the feeling they don't buy what the DT is selling based on the majority of their questions, but if I read all these theories and become more convinced of her utter guilt (which is hard, since I'm already 1,000% convinced of premeditation), if something doe NOT go the way I want (the way we ALL want), it will be crushing. I'm trying not to get too excited about anything to be honest.

Anyway, have a lovely Sunday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

<snipped for brevity>
It's only one foot and its' JA's left foot. I think the additional detail you are seeing is a fold of the pant leg material.

For there to be two legs visible she would have to have a third leg! One (her right) is out of shot treading on the upside down camera and taking the image we see. (As suggested by JM)
If that were only 1 pant leg with a fold, it would be a heckuva big bellbottom style (which I doubt she would wear, and usually isn't the style of these pants, so uncool). Look how far back the blue stripe is on the leg. That stripe would be in the middle of the side seam. It just has to be two legs from the looks of it.

Only problem is that I can only make out Travis in that picture. I see nothing else especially to say it is Jodi.

This is what it looks like to me:

foot.jpg

If that were only 1 pant leg with a fold, it would be a heckuva big bellbottom style (which I doubt she would wear, and usually isn't the style of these pants, so uncool). Look how far back the blue stripe is on the leg. That stripe would be in the middle of the side seam. It just has to be two legs from the looks of it.

So which leg trod on the camera (as per the State's case), bearing in mind it would logically be out of shot?

Jodi confirmed it was her pants leg both under cross in interview with Det. Flores.

I've been staying away for awhile because AV's testimony is so boring. I missed the discussion of the emails from Skye Hughes. I believe they were telling Jodi that TA was abusive and to stay away from him.

If that's true, does anyone else think they were an attempt to scare Jodi away from Travis because nothing else worked? There's also the possibility they were forged.

I'd have to see them to be sure.
I wondered the same thing about C & S Hughes. I'd imagine JA complained to her nonstop about their relationship when she thought it would benefit her? Maybe SH was tired of JAs complaints and tried to get between them so JA would leave.
My other thought was that SH might have been sympathetic to JAs complaints UNTIL she figured her out. I'm betting that didn't take long.

What I see is Travis lying in a supine position with blood running down his back from the slit throat (blood is running front to back). His right forearm is bent up toward his face. She could have been pulling him by the arms and that is why his back is most likely elevated off the ground. It appears to be her left foot because I can see her big toe. As she was pulling him, her right foot (out of picture) is what probably bumped the camera and took the photo.

That is how I am seeing it. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member