long weekend break: discuss the latest here #113

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've checked both the California and Arizona inmate searches and came up empty-handed.

I think MM is under some kind of witness protection thing. I've searched too and have come up with nothing whatsoever and things that were out there earlier in time are now mysteriously gone.

This should work. This will help you see Travis. Elle's pic does a good job of outlining Jodi's foot in the pic.

That is Travis's foot, not JA's. Her foot is in the foreground of this photo.

Yes, I think that is what JM was saying. That the ceiling picture was before she shot him and it was 62 seconds later he is lying there with his throat cut. It is just worded very strangely. I do think defense would put her back on the stand if this were brought up to clear that up. JM was trying to point out how impossible it was in 62 seconds for her to run into the closet, jump up on the shelving, grab the gun, shoot Travis while falling on the floor, jump up find the knife and stab him 29 times, then cut his throat within that 62 second timeframe. jmo

Defense doesn't get to put her back on the stand. They already did their redirect. So that's it for Jodi.

As far as the striped pants....I heard her in the interviews with Flores trying to say that yes she had similar pants but that she hadn't taken either pair of two that she owned on the trip. BS of course but that's what she said.
Or not . . . she just doesn't say she had 3 pair.

Yes, I have pondered it to no end. The element of surprise and she had to be fast. Really fast. Travis had many defense wounds on his hands and he was much bigger than her and she still managed to kill him. It's not that I want to picture it but I have tried to, it is still not plain as day to me.
He just had to have had a fatal wound and she was able to over take him.:facepalm:

The next time you shower and are wet (hoping you have a smaller square shower such as his.. not tub wall to help you) sit down, your back against back of shower stall, cross your legs ... now try to maneuver fast... try to get up.... you might be surprised how VERY vunerable you are.... just saying

Only problem is that I can only make out Travis in that picture. I see nothing else especially to say it is Jodi.

Doesn't she admit they are her pants and that she has them at home? Two pairs in fact?

Doesn't she admit they are her pants and that she has them at home? Two pairs in fact?

She didn't quite admit that they were hers she bs'd about having similar ones that she hadn't taken on the trip. Some long drawn out BS about that the zippers were different in the pics than hers had.

Why was the female detective that was questioning JA trying SO HARD to get JA to make up an excuse for her actions? Suggesting that she was a victim of circumstance, that she got caught up in something and it went too far, and even suggesting that maybe JA was there but that someone else did it. Why would she keep saying things like, "you don't seem like a cold-blooded killer" and "how do you want to be portrayed, as a cold blooded killer or as someone who is the victim of circumstance?" She was essentially offering up various scenarios and begging JA to pick one.

I don't understand her method of questioning JA at all.

Why was the female detective that was questioning JA trying SO HARD to get JA to make up an excuse for her actions? Suggesting that she was a victim of circumstance, that she got caught up in something and it went too far, and even suggesting that maybe JA was there but that someone else did it. Why would she keep saying things like, "you don't seem like a cold-blooded killer" and "how do you want to be portrayed, as a cold blooded killer or as someone who is the victim of circumstance?" She was essentially offering up various scenarios and begging JA to pick one.

I think the detectives used standard methods but JA isn't your standard murderer. I don't think they had ever dealt with such an expert lying manipulating witch like JA before. She's like no one I have ever seen before. I thought the same about CA but JA takes the cake.

draggingphotoreinactment_zpsb2ce6af5.jpg
This reenactment photo helped me to understand the 'dragging' photo.
http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad229/magoocz/draggingphotoreinactment_zpsb2ce6af5.jpg

It's a common tactic, the idea is to convince the person that you don't think what they did was so bad, that you think they probably had good reasons, to make them feel comfortable, like the consequences of confessing won't be so bad after all.

If the Defense could prove any part of the "I feared for my life so the murder is okay" they would. Their goal at this time is to prevent JA from getting the death penalty. Frankly, I just want this trial to get into the hands of the jury and to avoid a hung jury.! I have this nagging feeling something is going to go wrong. God help that jury...
I've read quite a bit of learned counselor's consensus that the self-defense has been abandoned and the DT seems to have switched to a crime of passion/the moment in the hope of getting a lesser included of 2nd degree from the jury.

That could be the something going wrong you are thinking of because the jury doesn't feel they've let her off, but they just can't understand how this could have been premeditated when Travis and Jodi were getting along so well just hours before.

I don't think that will happen, but I've been wrong many times before. :(

It's a common tactic, the idea is to convince the person that you don't think what they did was so bad, that you think they probably had good reasons, to make them feel comfortable, like the consequences of confessing won't be so bad after all.
Or to get them to tell you their "good reasons," and catch them with their lies.

Originally Posted by dani
"I know you weren't asking me, but I think JM started with the "dumb sister" comment to knock Jodi off kilter. To tear her away from the script she had been spouting. And to get her attention and let her know who was going to be running the show "at this point in time". Of course it still was a lot like herding cats, trying to get an answer from Jodi."

I agree that he started off this way to provoke JA's true colors out of the gate. He knew he was dealing with a sociopath and he had to show this so he provoked her at the get go.

I agree, and he wanted to get her sparring with him. She had spent all those hours on direct acting like a passive victim. IMO Juan wanted to get her argumentative so jury understood the direct had all been an act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member