long weekend break: discuss the latest here #113

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were they friends of JA's before she went to prison or are they prison buddies. And is Donovan male or female? tia

I understand them to be acquaintances from the jail, where mutual edification occurs without discrimination of any kind.

Bringing over from the last thread (even after being here for 17,000 years, I still don't know how to do that the right way).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Panther
It's really bothering me that the DA has made it sound like JA and TA were together for so long. According to JA, they were "official" for 5 months. That's not a long time at all. I am now thinking that this is part of her lie as well. I'm not sure that they were ever even exclusive/"official". I think it's what she wanted but not what they had...

-------------------------------

I agree. Thinking back, why should we even believe they were ever official? Maybe he started using her for sex almost immediately?

I thinks he was probably attracted to her initially but quickly became acutely aware of the nasty crazy lying under the surface.

I think at this point, we should disregard any and everything that comes from JA. It's now clearly apparent that her perceptions are way off; that includes her perceptions of the relationships, as well as her entire reality.

We must also take everything the DT enters into evidence, or leads witnesses on, with a huge block of salt!

:bow:
They are not finished with ALV.

JW said to SKS, after eliciting the desired response from ALV, "Judge, this is probably a good time."

SKS usually follows orders directed at her from the DT. Thus, that was her cue to recess until Tuesday.

I posit that they were running out of scheduled testi-phoney earlier in the week, so they diagnosed JA with a sudden migraine which would allow them to break right after ALV states as fact -- in that reverse dimension we refer to as Sherry Stephens' Maricopa County Superior Court -- that TA was an abusive, misogynistic, pedophile, as she characterized the Hughes' email to confirm.

After all, isn't that what JA wants the jurors to chew on for the next four days?
This!!!!!!
:bow:

What I found more bizarre was the defense witness, ALV. mouthing something to JW and then JW asking to approach the bench. Looks like ALV mouthed "Are you going to..." and then her hand blocked her face, so I could not make out any more.

The witness has to cue the attorney? It is very apparent that ALV knows the line of questioning and what to anticipate.
I think ALV said she needed to use the restroom, LOL

Wishing all of you WS's a very Happy & Safe Easter weekend! :)

easterbunny_zpsf0ef8883.gif

:

The DVR was listed on the police report as having a $40 value.
Why would DB need to buy a "hot" DVR from JA?
I could see him just giving her some $ but why just randomly buy a
from an x girlfriend out of the blue?

I do think the DVR is a KEY component here.
I think that JA DID give it to someone to "hang on to"
I also think that (perhaps) at some time while she lived in AZ
and was stalking Travis that she very well may have
bugged his home/bedroom without his knowledge.

That is just a feeling I have though.
She needed the DVR and the gun both. IMO
She also took a radio of some sort. I don't know if it had a
CD or cassette player in it. That may have also have been
something JA needed.

:moo::moo::moo:

My thought on the stolen electronics is that they were either taken to sell at a pawn shop or just to make the robbery seem more legit (even though she only needed the gun and the ammo).

Although, I would imagine the pawn shops were probably checked for those items by the police... that's pretty standard procedure I believe.

I have a question -- self defense is a plea, but saying one has mental issues (PTSD, for example) is not an acceptable plea for killing someone. It is either self-defense, or manslaughter, or murder (of some degree) -- correct? So why is the DT spending so much time on JA possible PTSD or DV victimhood or anything else?

Lots of people have PTSD or lived through DV and don't kill someone. It isn't a legal defense (is it?). So why are they spending so much time on the topic since it has no bearing on whether or not JA committed murder, manslaughter or self defense?

Am I "missing" something?

Were they friends of JA's before she went to prison or are they prison buddies. And is Donovan male or female? tia

If they were in jail for any length of time, most states will not allow former inmates to visit current inmates in jail or prison. (two different institutions).

:seeya: According to Donovan on that 48 hours episode, She/he said she's been a friend of the family's for about 5 years now - Which is how long Jodi's been in jail. LOL!

But work product does not just cover attorneys, could include the work of PIs, consultants, mitigation experts, etc.

She's none of those either that you listed. ;)

She is a licensed family and marriage therapist

Did Travis have a personal Face book page?

But work product does not just cover attorneys, could include the work of PIs, consultants, mitigation experts, etc.

As long as they are working directly for the attorney's office and under their direction.

Your post reminded me how I felt after testimony wrapped up yesterday. lol. I mean, she just so easily slipped into putting Travis to the role of abuser and Jodi as abused even though she described childhoods that were both bad.

I want her to be asked about Jodi hitting her mom for no reason and if that points to Jodi growing up to be an abuser instead of abused.

I'd also like the DT to try and find someone that will testify to being Travis's victim, of anything abusive (verbal and/or physical). Then, Juan needs to point out just how many have come forward (I'm guessing: ZERO) to corroborate abuse from Travis vs the same from JA.

I mean, come on! Travis was young and full of testosterone. Isn't there a single bar-room brawl, fist-to-cuff with another guy, fight with a co-worker...anything? I'm sure if there were, we'd hear about it.

He seems to be the most passive and least aggressive man I've heard of, or witnessed, in longer than I'd care to admit.

I think she had the majority of the testosterone in that relationship!

I'm shallow, but the bangs were a bad choice. It clearly shows to the jury- hey we totally changed her look. Her hair wasn't even dyed that shade of brown when she dyed it brown. It was a lighter caramel brown. So in Jodi land, blonde is bad and brown is good? Lame. I know of many people who can de edify that claim.

I was looking at video from early in the trial and I noticed how much she as changed since the beginning, where she still somewhat resembled the Jodi who was arrested and what she looked like yesterday. She looks completely different, not just her hair but her face is thinner and she looks older. I am not sure if it's because of the stress of the trial or an intentional attempt to look more conservative and innocent.

ja_zps53b71899.jpg

I have a question -- self defense is a plea, but saying one has mental issues (PTSD, for example) is not an acceptable plea for killing someone. It is either self-defense, or manslaughter, or murder (of some degree) -- correct? So why is the DT spending so much time on JA possible PTSD or DV victimhood or anything else?

Lots of people have PTSD or lived through DV and don't kill someone. It isn't a legal defense (is it?). So why are they spending so much time on the topic since it has no bearing on whether or not JA committed murder, manslaughter or self defense?

Am I "missing" something?

Welcome and I believe that the dt is trying to prove that ptsd was the reason for her fognesia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018