long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a description of Travis Alexander's typical day to day routine between 2006-2008? Does anyone know the details of TA’s life before meeting Arias? TA did date Deanna for six years, correct? Was Arias first girlfriend after dating Deanna for six years? I know that TA dated Lisa Andrews Diadoni. What did Travis do before PPL? I know that for two years he did a Mormon Mission in Denver. I don’t think TA was introduced to PPL until 2001 – does this mean that Travis was 26 when he started at PLL? What was TA doing between the years of Mission Work in Denver, and, starting at PLL at 26? Do you think that you could be butchered to death in your home, and, not be found for five days?

From my understanding, Travis Alexander was a "go getter." He planned his schedule weeks in advance (if not more) - his daily schedule consisted of daily phone calls, daily conference calls, preparing for trips, making plans with friends., daily texts, and daily emails. IMO, TA seemed to have "hunger" to win (financially, to be the VIP within PPL/Network Marketing). TA had competition - there were other young up and coming PPL/Network Marketing. I do not see TA slacking / "blowing" a day off - a day that was filled one time only opportunities. If TA "blew" a day off - he would miss out and those opportunities would be acquired by his competition. To be successful at PPL/Network Marketing a person has to devote their days to identifying & expand their target customers, sell the services, make contacts.
I would describe Travis Alexander as an ambitious young man still in the beginning stages of his career – carefully planning each day to maximize his results. Travis Alexander appeared to be bright enough to know that to be successful a person must work hard and have discipline. For this reason, IMO, Travis Alexander was willing to make sacrifices in order to achieve his goals. Travis Alexander was willing to put the time into writing both "Raising You and "Being Better." Writing these things took time, focus, and effort - instead of participating in activities that would give immediate gratification – TA was satisfied to turn down immediate gratification activities to achieve the long term goals he had for himself.

What am I missing? TA had two roommates, numerous friends, the responsibility of his PPL business, a church family.

Yet, Travis Alexander was dead for five days in his home before anyone noticed. Didn’t Travis Alexander miss meetings, church events, mexico trip planning? Since this happened – I do not know if I have the correct impression of TA. Perhaps he was known for “blowing” everything off and going “missing” for several days at a time.

The city I live has population of 245,782 – if I do not show up to church on Sunday someone calls. When I am planning going on a trip – I receive calls/texts/emails asking about my packing progress.

If anyone can, please let me know about Travis Alexander’s life before PLL – between the years of 18 and 25. I really want to understand TA – his murder was senseless. It seems appropriate to know the person behind those photos (some very private others horrific). I find myself wishing that Arias’ rented Ford Focus would have broken down somewhere on the 15 miles & miles away from TA house. Anything that would “undo” TA’s gruesome murder.

Thank you so very much for giving me a place to “vent” the range of emotions the murder of Travis Alexander causes me to have.

I agree. Thankfully her narcissism has bit her more than a few times on the stand. When she most needed to look vunerable and relatable to the jury she's snide or else she makes those Mother Theresa sound bites like "I brought Bobby groceries of his favorite foods even though he had previously tried to strangle me."

She painted TA with horrible accusations of violence and pedophilia. Every chance she got on the stand she made another unnecessary little jab at TA. It made her look petty, not sympathetic. Remember the juror question about how she remembered every date and amount of the loans she gave TA, but could remember no details of the loans he made her.

I couldn't understand why she couldn't do a better job of faking it for this jury. Now I think she couldn't because she is seething.

One of the only nuggets of truth I could find in Doc S evaluation of her, was she saw TA in a different social sphere than her own. We now know TA was not wealthy, but he had the trappings of wealth. The large home, the BMW, fancy electronics, lots of travel, etc... She latched onto to TA like a parasite to a better host. It seems to be her history with men. She was obsessed, but not in love. She wanted him and he had the nerve to not fully succumb to her. IMO a hatred grew.

From the crime scene photos thru her testimony I came away with the feeling she still loathes TA to this day. I'm not one of those who believe she came to the house on 06/04 with either he takes me back (or to Cancun) scenerio or I'm going to kill him. She came to give payback for his rejection and was motiviated by hatred.

There was no ambiguity in that crime scene. I've heard cops talk about individuals who murder their loved ones. They talk about how they will cover the bodies or the faces of the victims because they feel remorse and can't stand to see what they've done. IMO the crime photo where the glass is casually tossed on top of his body in the shower is very telling.

This was no passionate crime of unrequited love, it was a premeditated act of vengence.

This is so true. "No ambiguity about the crime scene." The killer, JA, made an effort to display body in a horrible way. Even after washing off her evidence she could have covered him. Even the Ramseys did that.

Yes, LOL. Me too.

That is a beautiful picture you have there of little Caylee that didn't get justice, but you say, YES - You are Laughing Out Loud ? I don't get it - You need to explain. Thank you.

I have a naging feeling about Crater Lake. I dont think Jodi got rid of everything seperately. I think she put the knife,gun,bloody socks, and floor mats from the rental car( they are also missing) in a bag and got rid of everything together. Jodi said something strange(what else is new?) In either 48 hours or Dateline interview, she said Travis had projects he wanted to complete. She went on to say, some will be completed and some wont. WHAT PROJECTS? HOW DOES A DEAD MAN COMPLETE A PROJECT? According to Jodi, they were suppose to go to Crater Lake when he got back from Mexico. ( remember places to see before you die?) She may have driven around with all the missing items in tbe trunk. She may have gotten rid of them at Crater Lake. In her twisted mind, that might be one of the projects he completes. Disposing items that has his blood on it at Crater Lake.
Nah...She would have had to drive 2 1/2 hours down south to Crater Lake into Oregon if she was back to Yreka and then traversed a huge volcanic crater to reach the lake. Highly improbable, imo.

That is a beautiful picture you have there of little Caylee that didn't get justice, but you say, YES - You are Laughing Out Loud ? I don't get it - You need to explain. Thank you.
That is one of my favorite pictures of the little sweet girl. LOL? You asked so I will tell.. Her 'judgement' is a non issue. She is a psychopath with cunning foxlike smarts, but that does not equal better judgement. Are you finding some validity in this looney tooner?

No link I had read about it somewhere here at WS
Someone commented,how weird for her to buy two of everything. She stopped at in and out burger bought two hamburgers and repeatedly bought two. Maybe someone here remembers hearing that also.

If that's the case, that he switched teams? Wouldn't the defence have to know? Wouldn't that be trial by ambush.? Can he become a bombshell? Oh my I'm so not knowing what to think.

BBM

I don't think so. As long as they give the defense ample time to depose the witness it's fair game. Why show your hand until you have to? IIRC, he was on the defense's witness list, but I don't know if he still is. I think the defense has decided against calling him in.

Agree, and the one thing we all now know is the MM and DB both were extensively questioned and I'm sure investigated. IMO they both probably had pretty air tight alibis.

They might not have been asked about any involvement because the police believed she acted alone. If there were alibis they could have been lies. JMO

I still feel MM has turned state. I just wonder what he has to say. Any hunting knives or tarps or anything suspicious missing after her visit, anything unusual she borrowed from him? Did she say she was going to Mesa? There is info there, no doubt.

I agree. At the very least he knows some very incriminating stuff.

ITA, panthera -- I have seen a few trials & spoken with some friends who have been on murder cases... In every case, the jurors are very serious and proprietary about doing their duty and avoiding the media, overhearing conversations, etc., etc.

In one trial I watched, two jurors sent notes to the judge via the bailff saying that they did hear something, etc. The judge called the juror in, by herself/himself & got the details & asked the juror if the incident had or would influence the juror's mind, etc. Each juror was positive it wouldn't & life went on. The judges thanked & praised the juror for speaking up & said they had done exactly the right thing. In one case, the judge had the sheriff's office investigate the situation which turned out to be someone merely running his/her mouth & who had no agenda, and it very quickly fizzled into nothing.

Jurors (rightfully, IMO) seem to be quite possessive & protective about their roles as jurors. They are the experts; only they and the principals know all that has been said & shown during the trial. They do not want to hear an "outsider's" opinions or advice about the trial because it is their case and only theirs. I don't ever worry too much about jurors getting tainted by any outside source.

When I was on a jury for a trial that lasted only one week, my mother called me. She lives in another state and I refused to talk to her about the trial until it was over. She understood.

Does the jury know. About the pedometer letters?

I don't think so. As I understand it she had an attorney and then Jodi decided to represent herself. She still had an attorney to act as an adviser. Soon after taking over her own defense she introduced the pedo letters. Her consulting lawyer asked to be removed from the case and was. Jodi then said she was in over her head and was appointed Nurmi as her council. When Nurmi took over they dropped the motion to have them admitted.

I believe that if a defense attorney knows that evidence has been fabricated they are bound to report it to the court. I think KCL speculated that the timing would explain why her advising lawyer asked to be dismissed from the case.

Hopefully a lawyer on the board will see this and clarify it for us.

Well ... there's all of that and the "magazine" cryptic messages that she tried to have smuggled to him. So that would be witness tampering .. or something like that (conspiracy?). I'm sure they have a LOT on him and he's in some kind of witness protection program until they pull him into court.

If that's the case (that he testifies), she is TOAST ... :great:

IMO, they couldn't get MM for conspiracy on that. Even if Jodi and AC said they were meant for MM it's shoddy evidence. Plus he never actually received them.

Is there court tomorrow?

No, back on Tuesday 12:30 EST

Why don't you trust her Judgement?

There are times I felt she should have intervened, and did not. For example, Gus,he was sarcastic, out of line at times, would try and avoid answering questions. Jodi was the same way. I think she does not want any reason for an appeal on her watch. To much so.For this reason, I hope she does not grant a mistrial, in the event the defense request one. She does not reign people in when she is suppose to. Sometimes its easy to forget shes there.

That is one of my favorite pictures of the little sweet girl. LOL? You asked so I will tell.. Her 'judgement' is a non issue. She is a psychopath with cunning foxlike smarts, but that does not equal better judgement. Are you finding some validity in this looney tooner?

I was referring to the Judge in my earlier post when I used the term "Judgement"

JA is a psychopath - We all know this. Let us all hope and pray that the jurors agree.

Peace out boudreaux.....:seeya:

I apologize, my mistake! I misread your post and thought you were talking about Jodi, not the judge's better judgement... der. :blushing: My bad. With a lil less Bordeaux today, I may have read your post correctly! :)

I was referring to the Judge in my earlier post when I used the term "Judgement"

JA is a psychopath - We all know this. Let us all hope and pray that the jurors agree.

Peace out boudreaux.....:seeya:
Peace in, Broham!

There are times I felt she should have intervened, and did not. For example, Gus,he was sarcastic, out of line at times, would try and avoid answering questions. Jodi was the same way. I think she does not want any reason for an appeal on her watch. To much so.For this reason, I hope she does not grant a mistrial, in the event the defense request one. She does not reign people in when she is suppose to. Sometimes its easy to forget shes there.

If I were a Judge, I wouldn't take any chances. What we DO NOT need is a mistrial because JM is doing a splendid job. If JA is found Guilty, we also do not want to give the defense any excuses. Just my opinion.

gcharlie

I'm hoping the court observers will pay very close attention to the jurors on Tuesday, as ALV's testimony may bring some very disturbing information to light.

Important for people to be aware that JA tried to plead for lesser charges and if the charges were not reduced, she made it known that her defense strategy would include collateral damage to both TA's image and others close to him. TA's family is aware of the evidence and knows what the defense plans to present.

http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.c...riasngfile.pdf

The emails between TA and the Hughes is something that the defense finds compelling and may show TA to be less than a gentleman when it comes to his relationships with women in general and specifically JA. Whether or not it is compelling enough to sway the jury remains to be seen. The DT is now heading into what it considers to be the meat and the potatoes of its strategy; trial watchers need to be open minded here and understand that while TA's image will not come out of this squeaky clean, this in no way gives any justification for a gunshot wound to the head, 27 stab wounds and the slashing of his throat.

The family will need support as they go through this difficult week of testimony. They do know the intentions of the DT and I have no doubt they are as prepared as they can possibly be for this emotional part of the trial. I have confidence in them and JM in making the decision to reject 2cnd degree murder charges with a maximum sentence of 25 years and pursue the death penalty.

This week will not be one for the faint of heart.

==================================================

I am a bit nervous about this upcoming week.

Since I don't know what was in those emails it is worrisome. But I don't think there are any accusations that he was PHYSICALLY abusive. And I think that is the only thing that could sway the jury now.

Nah...She would have had to drive 2 1/2 hours down south to Crater Lake into Oregon if she was back to Yreka and then traversed a huge volcanic crater to reach the lake. Highly improbable, imo.

Crater Lake is in Southern Oregon near the California border. She lived in Northern California near the Oregon border. Its a National Park. It could be in the lake or buried. It has alot of places that are off the beaten path. It could have been the last leg of her trip. She traveled over 2800 miles. She was not sloppy or careless when she got rid of evidence. Its never been found.

Crater Lake is in Southern Oregon near the California border. She lived in Northern California near the Oregon border. Its a National Park. It could be in the lake or buried. It has alot of places that are off the beaten path. It could have been the last leg of her trip. She traveled over 2800 miles. She was not sloppy or careless when she got rid of evidence. Its never been found.

I don't believe that she would drive that entire way home with that bloody evidence still in her car. As far as she knew, he could have been discovered any moment. Would she want to be found and questioned while she still had the weapons in the trunk?

I think she got rid of that stuff before she went to see RB. JMO

You think she would go through the Hoover Dam checkpoint with all that bloody evidence in her car? She has no idea whether he has already been found and the patrols are after her already.. I think she dumped it before then. She was in fear of being caught.

I agree. Thankfully her narcissism has bit her more than a few times on the stand. When she most needed to look vunerable and relatable to the jury she's snide or else she makes those Mother Theresa sound bites like "I brought Bobby groceries of his favorite foods even though he had previously tried to strangle me."

She painted TA with horrible accusations of violence and pedophilia. Every chance she got on the stand she made another unnecessary little jab at TA. It made her look petty, not sympathetic. Remember the juror question about how she remembered every date and amount of the loans she gave TA, but could remember no details of the loans he made her.

I couldn't understand why she couldn't do a better job of faking it for this jury. Now I think she couldn't because she is seething.

One of the only nuggets of truth I could find in Doc S evaluation of her, was she saw TA in a different social sphere than her own. We now know TA was not wealthy, but he had the trappings of wealth. The large home, the BMW, fancy electronics, lots of travel, etc... She latched onto to TA like a parasite to a better host. It seems to be her history with men. She was obsessed, but not in love. She wanted him and he had the nerve to not fully succumb to her. IMO a hatred grew.

From the crime scene photos thru her testimony I came away with the feeling she still loathes TA to this day. I'm not one of those who believe she came to the house on 06/04 with either he takes me back (or to Cancun) scenerio or I'm going to kill him. She came to give payback for his rejection and was motiviated by hatred.

There was no ambiguity in that crime scene. I've heard cops talk about individuals who murder their loved ones. They talk about how they will cover the bodies or the faces of the victims because they feel remorse and can't stand to see what they've done. IMO the crime photo where the glass is casually tossed on top of his body in the shower is very telling.

This was no passionate crime of unrequited love, it was a premeditated act of vengence.

BBM - Yep - This was a revenge killing. He rejected her. Sadistic murderer.

Originally Posted by anagrammy View Post
Is to throw herself at some man and make him help her. I have always had the feeling she went to Gus Searcy's motorhome in Las Vegas. When he said she called him right away, well, I think she showed up on June 4th and cleaned up at his place. Then she maybe called him on June 5th to thank him.... for helping her clean up and get rid of evidence.

He certainly fills the bill as LE's over-interested witness who thrusts himself so helpfully right away. Searcy reminds me of old has-been Willie Loman in "Death of A Salesman."

"Biff, my boy, let me tell you they LOVE me in Boston, LOVE me I tell you..."

That dufus puts himself out there with his "I'm important" campaign and everybody shakes their head and looks elsewhere. I wonder if they've searched his motorhome? Does anybody know?

She could have dropped off an accomplice at Gus's house--that's another possibility. I'm going to deal with that in another post.

ACCOMPLICE

Willy Loman from Death of a Salesman. :giggle:

I don't believe that she would drive that entire way home with that bloody evidence still in her car. As far as she knew, he could have been discovered any moment. Would she want to be found and questioned while she still had the weapons in the trunk?

I think she got rid of that stuff before she went to see RB. JMO

That's why I think MM met her at Travis' and hauled the stuff away for her. JMO

I'm happy that you and Steely Dan know what "Broham" is, but I don't...Please do tell, friend. :seeya:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=brohan

1. brohan

bro, friend ,amigo, brother
hey brohan hows it hanging
by scenster Sep 25, 2004 add a video
2. brohan

Often used as a term of endearment between two bros who are into hardcore stuff: music, extreme sports, excessive drinking, or just brain-dead surfers with horrible judgement. These individuals are usually too full of adrenaline and not enough synapses.
Brain-dead surfer 1: "Whoooaa! What up brohan?!
Brain-dead surfer 2: "Not much brohan!"
Brain-dead surfer 1: "How gnarly is the wake brohan?"
Brain-dead surfer 2: "Well, I figure there's only one way to find out brohan!!"
Brain-dead surfer 1 & 2: "Time to...surf...that...CORAAAL!!"
brohawn brohaun brohon bro brosef
by C-Ring Oct 24, 2007 add a video
3. brohan

a chill individual that loves surfing; also a greeting to a fellow surfer or friend.
Guy 1: "Hey Brohan"
Guy 2: "What's up brohan?"
bro brosef bros brohon brosif
by brohan nation Dec 3, 2007 add a video
4. Brohan

Any dramatic, creepy male who abuses substances; the male version of Lindsay Lohan.
"I was stalked by a brohan while leaving the bar."
"I can't believe I dated him, he is such a brohan."
bro junkie male creep stalker
by MauMoh Feb 9, 2012 add a video
5. Brohan

One who is very bro-like, and is likely to be called so by his frat brothers. It originally comes from combining "Gohan" and the term "Bro". A Brohan probably thinks he is tough like a "super saiyan" There is most likely a Brohan in your nearest chapter of sigma chi.

See also: Bro-licious
Bro 1: Hey have you met Ted?
Bro 2: WTF is Ted? You mean Brohan!
bro brolicious uber-bro bro-almighty sigma chi
by Beef Rockmore Jan 23, 2011 add a video
6. Brohan

A really cool person
Usually used in a sarcastic way
A part of a bromance
Person 1: "Omg wtf i heard the best knock-knock joke"
Person 2: "Wow, thats so cool brohan!!!"
broan brohan bromance brohann brhan
by Your Brohan Jun 20, 2010 add a video
7. brohan

Used when reffering to a friend, compadre, homey. commonly used by slick fourteen year old males who haven't hit puberty.
Friend 1: hey dawg.
Friend 2: yo brohan!
brah bro stupid surfers retarded
by kimmmmmaayy Apr 25, 2008 add a video

The good interpretations are the ones she was referring to. She'll have to confirm this for herself, but I think she means Brohan as a fellow Sleuther.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member