long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always thoght Jodi (the trial jodi) resembles the lady riding the bicycle that took Toto from Dorothy. (before she turned into the witch in the dream)

Just a strange scary resemblence to me. Must be a childhood bad dream I had :floorlaugh:

That would be Miss. Gulch, played by character actress Margaret Hamilton*.

gulch.jpg

She never killed anyone. She was attacked by some little girl's mangy dog and then her alter-ego's sister had a house dropped on her and then the homicidal chick who killed the sister joined up with some miscreants to hunt her alter-ego down, finally killing her in her own home.

Luckily it was all a dream. Unfortunately, reality is in black and white.

*Who, according to everything I ever heard, was a total sweetheart.

I just watched the interrogation videos where Det. Blaney was questioning Jodi, right up to the point where Flores returned. That poor detective. By the end of Video 8 it was obvious Jodi was playing her, but she stuck it through another hour. Then Jodi asks for Flores.

Of course, you can't blame Blaney. We know now that Jodi wasn't going to answer those questions no way no how. And then wanting the male detective to come back -- what a piece of work.

Lmao Mormon not meaning more men.:floorlaugh:

I believe Jodi stole the ring he had purchased years ago for another woman. She is *slightly* bright enough to realize it couldn't be pawned. But I bet MM or DB would sell it for her privately. Juan check the ads where these two lived,

Right from superiorcourt.maricopa:

3/31/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/1/2013
NOTE: MOTION FOR MISTRIAL: JUROR MISCONDUCT
3/31/2013 OBJ - Objection/Opposition. - Party (001) 4/1/2013
NOTE: DEDEFENDANT’S OBJECTION TO ELICITING TESTIMONY OR MAKING ARGUMENT RELATED TO AGGRAVATING CIRCUMSTANCES FOR WHICH PROBABLE CAUSE HAS NOT BEEN FOUND
----------------------------------------------------

Can you enlighten me as to what "aggravating circumstances" means?

The aggravating factors motion? If so, that's the one I'm talking about.

My opinion is that Jodi took her own nude photos with the timer. The look on her face is of quickly getting into position before the timer went off, it was not a facial expression of posing.
It appears that Travis is asleep and woke up to the photo taking.

Jodi made sure to mention on the stand, that she did not know how to set the timer. Right there tells you she is making that up to cover up for the timer photos. What professional photographer can't figure out how to set a timer...

On another note, today, someone on HLN asked Mark Eiglarsh why Jodi did not just kill Travis when she arrived at Travis's home. She came with a gun and knew a roommate was home. She could not kill Travis with a gun with a roommate nearby.

People on both sides of the fence, regarding whether or not Travis knew she was coming, have very valid arguments - I'm enjoying reading them all.

No matter which way you look at it, there are things that don't make sense. One thing that I find curious is her not parking either in the driveway or in front of the house. If a person is an invited guest, why not park in the driveway? JA lied and said she did park in the driveway, but his roommates (and a roommate's girlfriend) all stated they saw no additional car parked there.

If I was up waiting until 4:00 a.m. for somebody and opened the door when they got there, I'd be like, "Where is your car - where did you park?" So, the fact that she lied about it does raise a red flag as to whether or not she was actually expected. At the very least, it shows that she went through great lengths to hide herself from the roommates - yet another act of premeditation.

It's all just a stalling tactic. A new trial would just prolong the inevitable, which is all they really want. I think they better take what they can get now since the story has become so huge it'll make it hard to find an impartial jury in a new trial.

I still have a lot to read to catch up, but I have a few thoughts I'd like to throw out there. I blame the judge for letting the DT drag this trial out day after day. I think the longer it drags, the more disgusted the jurors are becoming and more apt to slip up and say something to one of the other jurors. I think JA is playing a chess game with the jurors and I won't be surprised if she is able to get more jurors booted. You have to remember, the juror's go up and down the elevators with others and something as innocently said as 'if they don't get this over with soon, I'm going to choke her myself.' Or say, "haven't we already heard this garbage one too many times.' JA has people in the court room that are tattling on everything and anything at this point. The longer the trial drags on, the bigger chance for someone to screw up. I truly believe the DT is just trying to get the death penalty off the table. By starting over, the prosecutor MAY agree to LWOP because a death penalty case is so much more expensive and time consuming. There's no logical sense that this trial has gone on for 3 months and counting.

Flores is awesome don't get me wrong, maybe I watch to much true crime tv. Maybe a rougher approach with JA would have been more effective.
I'm not saying Flores isn't effective, it's just that his soft spoken calm demeanour was what kept her calm.
Maybe she needed an aggressive approach! The scare the crap out of her approach.

Sure... that's a good way to get someone to lawyer up!

I know, eew, right? Lots of folks were swooning over his closet, I just thought, oh, yuck!

Are you serious? I would kill for a man that organized :lol:. My closets look like he//.

My dad was like that because he was in the US Air Force. Everthing pressed and hung. My mom used to say she even had to press his underwear (TMI). :floorlaugh:

Oh my stars, I am so glad I missed it. :facepalm:

HLN is turning into Jerry Springer anymore. I watch Vinnie after the trial everyday then have to turn the channel until Nancy.
Sometimes I worry HLN may cause a mistrial.

Right from superiorcourt.maricopa:

3/31/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/1/2013
NOTE: MOTION FOR MISTRIAL: JUROR MISCONDUCT
3/31/2013 OBJ - Objection/Opposition. - Party (001) 4/1/2013
NOTE: DEDEFENDANT’S OBJECTION TO ELICITING TESTIMONY OR MAKING ARGUMENT RELATED TO AGGRAVATING CIRCUMSTANCES FOR WHICH PROBABLE CAUSE HAS NOT BEEN FOUND
----------------------------------------------------

Can you enlighten me as to what "aggravating circumstances" means?

Aggravating factors for the DP. There had to be a determination early on about what aggravating dp factors were. The court found only one and, apparently, that was based on the State's shot-first theory at the time. When the State changed it's theory to stabbed first, the defense asked the court to re-visit the aggravating factor and the court found that the aggravating factor existed regardless of which was first. There's a list of aggravating factors posted above by DebinGa, I think.

O/T ~ JonBenet Ramsey‘s older brother Burke is among those authorities in Colorado will interview again in further investigating the child’s mysterious death fourteen years ago.

Crazy!

I agree, the DT know they're in trouble and wouldn't be surprised after ALV is done if the following happened.
Nurmi- Your honor we ask to call a last minute witness, additionally we ask that they be able to testify telephonically?
Judge Stevens- and who would this last minute witness be.
Nurmi- God, your honor.
judge Stevens- counsel approach.

Oh that's hilarious:floorlaugh::what:

The aggravating factors motion? If so, that's the one I'm talking about.
Oh, okay I didn't know there was a link. Could you post it here, please? I'm very curious what this is about. Thanks.

That would be Miss. Gulch, played by character actress Margaret Hamilton*.

gulch.jpg

She never killed anyone. She was attacked by some little girl's mangy dog and then her alter-ego's sister had a house dropped on her and then the homicidal chick who killed the sister joined up with some miscreants to hunt her alter-ego down, finally killing her in her own home.

Luckily it was all a dream. Unfortunately, reality is in black and white.

*Who, according to everything I ever heard, was a total sweetheart.

omg...thanks for grabbing that picture. But now I will have re-occurring nightmares again of her riding her bicycle by my window in the storm. :floorlaugh:

People on both sides of the fence, regarding whether or not Travis knew she was coming, have very valid arguments - I'm enjoying reading them all.

No matter which way you look at it, there are things that don't make sense. One thing that I find curious is her not parking either in the driveway or in front of the house. If a person is an invited guest, why not park in the driveway? JA lied and said she did park in the driveway, but his roommates (and a roommate's girlfriend) all stated they saw no additional car parked there.

If I was up waiting until 4:00 a.m. for somebody and opened the door when they got there, I'd be like, "Where is your car - where did you park?" So, the fact that she lied about it does raise a red flag as to whether or not she was actually expected. At the very least, it shows that she went through great lengths to hide herself from the roommates - yet another act of premeditation.

Great post, makes sense to me.

Oh, okay I didn't know there was a link. Could you post it here, please? I'm very curious what this is about. Thanks.

There isn't a link that I know of. Which is strange considering someone bothered to get the mistrial motion. I read it in person at the courthouse so take it fwiw :)

I agree, the DT know they're in trouble and wouldn't be surprised after ALV is done if the following happened.
Nurmi- Your honor we ask to call a last minute witness, additionally we ask that they be able to testify telephonically?
Judge Stevens- and who would this last minute witness be.
Nurmi- God, your honor.
judge Stevens- counsel approach.

But JM already addressed this:

"God's not here! We can't subpoena him can we?!"

:floorlaugh:

Well if it's also true other jurors ratted her out it may be because she is one of the main authors of some of the unnecessary if (hilariously) pointed questions and they don't want her wasting any more time turning this into a courtroom catfight. I'm pretty sure JA's "presumption of innocence" has just about withered and died after all that egregiously specious testimony but they may not want to show their hand and risk a real mistrial because of one juror's indulgence in snarkitude.

I'm still wondering if this is the juror that was observed bustin a loud laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay