LP Asks “Would the DNA from a child resulting from a union from Lee and Casey..

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, if the hair is from a decomposed body, it has to be Caylee's by elimination(i.e. Casey is still alive), I thought that had been established, it's sure been said on NG enough times.

I sort of like NG, but she does get on my nerves with her rudeness at times. Few guests get to complete a full sentence at x's.

My question is where is Greta with this case ? She covered it in the early stages, and now all politics. I am a bit disappointed. One more hour of indepth coverage would not hurt IMO, how about u all ?:confused:

I do not mean the part about Casey possibly harming her daughter. I am talking about the lieing, stealing, promiscuous behavior.LOW self esteem....The revealing way she dresses for male attention.

I am so happy u survived your trauma. You are lucky and blessed.:blowkiss:

Sorry. I guess I took your post the wrong way. You are right that the lying, stealing and promiscuous behavior could be a result of molestation. Everyone deals with it differently.

Sorry. I guess I took your post the wrong way. You are right that the lying, stealing and promiscuous behavior could be a result of molestation. Everyone deals with it differently.

No problem ! I had a son who was molested at age 5.
As a Mother I remember the pain when I found out, but thank God we got through it. I am happy u did too ! God bless u !:blowkiss:

I sort of like NG, but she does get on my nerves with her rudeness at times. Few guests get to complete a full sentence at x's.

My question is where is Greta with this case ? She covered it in the early stages, and now all politics. I am a bit disappointed. One more hour of indepth coverage would not hurt IMO, how about u all ?:confused:

I am disappointed that Greta is no longer covering it as well. I watch NG because right now shes the only game in town, but I miss Greta. Maybe if we all emailed her and asked for more Caylee coverage she would pick it back up.

While some of you condemn NG... remember this:

NG is the one who is continuously getting info out there about Caylee. Every night her show draws attention to that baby's cause.

It's a cinch her family doesn't give a damn about her, so I say BRAVO to NG for keeping this case in the spotlight.

NG is the one who is continuously getting info out there about Caylee. Every night her show draws attention to that baby's cause.

It's a cinch her family doesn't give a damn about her, so I say BRAVO to NG for keeping this case in the spotlight.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Love NG

Yes, I agree. Nancy is a very passionate advocate for crime victims..I get tired of people ragging on her..and judging her prosecution record. walk a mile in her shoes.

How do you know this exactly? I understood that the DNA matched Casey's and Cindy's, never heard that it matched Lee or George. Is there an official link stating this? Sorry... but I have a hard time believing theories about incest in the family. But... it's possible. Just wondering where this came from.
Oops, I misunderstood your question....... I'll look it up and repost

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"To understand your paternity test results,[/FONT]
Caylee's DNA matched up with Casey, Lee, and George.

Hello everyone.....First, you CANNOT do paternity testing by using hair. Hair cells do not contain a nucleus, and thus they do NOT contain DNA from the mother and father of the individual the hair came from. Hair can only yield mitochondrial DNA, which comes from the mother. The mitochondrial DNA of Caylee would be exactly the same as Casey's, Cindy's, Cindy's Mother, Cindy's Grandmother, Cindy's Grandmother's Mother, etc. Here is a copy of an explanation I had tried to offer earlier. LP apparently does not understand DNA vs. mtDNA (which is fine - that isn't his job). I hope this explanation helps, and puts to rest any rumors that Lee is Caylee's father. Lee would also have the exact same mtDNA as Casey and Caylee because he got it from Cindy. Anyway, here goes the explanation:

"Here is a quick and dirty explanation of DNA and Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA). Imagine in your mind a chicken egg – it has a yellow yolk and the clear white viscous albumin surrounding the yolk, and then there is the eggshell. Keep this image in mind for the future discussion. For human cells, the terms will be compared to the chicken egg like this: a) Chicken eggshell = human cell membrane – they serve the same purpose in both examples, i.e. the membrane (eggshell) holds the cell together. B) Chicken egg albumin = human cell cytoplasm. C) Chicken egg yolk = human cell nucleus. Here is what happens when a male sperm fertilizes an egg (ovum) from a woman. The fertilized egg at that point will have the male sperm DNA in the nucleus (egg yolk for the chicken egg analogy). The ONLY place in the cell that the father’s DNA can be found is in the nucleus. The Mother’s DNA will be in BOTH the nucleus AND the cytoplasm. The DNA in the cytoplasm is a special kind of DNA called Mitochondrial DNA that is ONLY found in the cytoplasm, and it is EXACTLY the same as the Mother’s DNA. Thus, Cindy’s mtDNA is the same as Casey’s mtDNA, and the same as Caylee’s mtDNA. The DNA in the nucleus of any cell from Caylee would be a blend of Casey and the father’s DNA. Mitochondrial DNA is what is being discussed by LE in this case because they obtained the mtDNA profile from the hair in the trunk. They cannot get a full DNA profile from hair because hair cells do not have a nucleus – thus they can only look for mtDNA – which means they can only determine the female lineage of the specimen being analyzed. Hope that helps."

Wow, are y'all still going around on this? The original statement from LP obviously shows he doesn't understand DNA or DNA tests at all. He was extrapolating from the fact that the hair DNA matched Casey and Caylee to include her brother Lee as well. As several people have explained, that's an impossible assumption based on what information is available.

LP is so vague and he passes off a lot of his speculation as fact, much of it garnered from sites like this one. There was a thread here with a lot of speculation about possibly Lee or even George being Caylee's father before LP made his comment about it on NG.

Believe me, if police had announced that they have DNA tests showing that Lee is the father, you wouldn't be able to look at a news site without finding that story.

Maybe she was named Caylee after her mother Casey and her father lee. Ca + Lee = Caylee. Just a thought!

I can't imagine why LE have not focused more on the father of Caylee. Seems to be odd they are "satisfied" with the A's explanation of the father, but yet everything else they have told LE have been lies.

I can't imagine why LE have not focused more on the father of Caylee. Seems to be odd they are "satisfied" with the A's explanation of the father, but yet everything else they have told LE have been lies.
I have wondered the same exact thing. I know I have read some posters' comments which basically say "what does it matter who the father is?"...But I say it ABSOLUTELY matters! And yes, Suspicious....why do they seem to have accepted KC's story? I mean, c'mon...she couldn't speak the truth if her life depended on it (well, now that I think about it...that's exactly the case now...). It matters who the father is because one investigating (rather, ELIMINATING) any other possible theories on baby's disappearance, would explore the "theory" of the father or father's family "taking her back" from KC. TO BE CLEAR...I am not saying I believe that, but rather, you'd think that when KC is spinning the Wheel of Stories and lands on "baby's daddy took her away", they can say, "Nope, we've confirmed that XYZ is the father, and he's dead, or XYZ passed a poly, etc...." LET'S NOT FORGET...another reason to know who baby daddy is would be that if by some slim chance baby C is alive (from our keyboards to God's ears), SURELY TO GOD there would be someone out there better capable of raising that baby than this cooky family...

Hello everyone.....First, you CANNOT do paternity testing by using hair. Hair cells do not contain a nucleus, and thus they do NOT contain DNA from the mother and father of the individual the hair came from. Hair can only yield mitochondrial DNA, which comes from the mother. The mitochondrial DNA of Caylee would be exactly the same as Casey's, Cindy's, Cindy's Mother, Cindy's Grandmother, Cindy's Grandmother's Mother, etc. Here is a copy of an explanation I had tried to offer earlier. LP apparently does not understand DNA vs. mtDNA (which is fine - that isn't his job). I hope this explanation helps, and puts to rest any rumors that Lee is Caylee's father. Lee would also have the exact same mtDNA as Casey and Caylee because he got it from Cindy. Anyway, here goes the explanation:

"Here is a quick and dirty explanation of DNA and Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA). Imagine in your mind a chicken egg – it has a yellow yolk and the clear white viscous albumin surrounding the yolk, and then there is the eggshell. Keep this image in mind for the future discussion. For human cells, the terms will be compared to the chicken egg like this: a) Chicken eggshell = human cell membrane – they serve the same purpose in both examples, i.e. the membrane (eggshell) holds the cell together. B) Chicken egg albumin = human cell cytoplasm. C) Chicken egg yolk = human cell nucleus. Here is what happens when a male sperm fertilizes an egg (ovum) from a woman. The fertilized egg at that point will have the male sperm DNA in the nucleus (egg yolk for the chicken egg analogy). The ONLY place in the cell that the father’s DNA can be found is in the nucleus. The Mother’s DNA will be in BOTH the nucleus AND the cytoplasm. The DNA in the cytoplasm is a special kind of DNA called Mitochondrial DNA that is ONLY found in the cytoplasm, and it is EXACTLY the same as the Mother’s DNA. Thus, Cindy’s mtDNA is the same as Casey’s mtDNA, and the same as Caylee’s mtDNA. The DNA in the nucleus of any cell from Caylee would be a blend of Casey and the father’s DNA. Mitochondrial DNA is what is being discussed by LE in this case because they obtained the mtDNA profile from the hair in the trunk. They cannot get a full DNA profile from hair because hair cells do not have a nucleus – thus they can only look for mtDNA – which means they can only determine the female lineage of the specimen being analyzed. Hope that helps."

Thanks, Reannan. Don't want to beat a dead horse, but I need to clarify one thing. Granted, Mitochondrial DNA doesn't reveal paternity. But how does this rule out Lee as a potential father of Caylee if all they have is Mitochondrial? If Lee hasn't been subjected to nuclear DNA tests to prove or disprove paternity, isn't it still an unanswered question? And if they don't have nuclear DNA from Caylee (for whatever reason, including degraded blood/decomp fluids), how would they be able to prove or disprove that paternity?

This is mainly a hypothetical, but I need to tack down this point. Anyone can answer. Please play nice.

:eek:ther_beatingA_Dead

LE has a full nuclear DNA profile for Caylee, either from an item belonging to Caylee or from the paternity test re JG. They can id Caylee's DNA whether they know who her father is or not.

LE probably took a DNA sample from Casey to compare the mtDNA, or the mother DNA, of the hair in the trunk, as hair itself doesn't have full DNA. LE may have also taken samples from the other A family members, to rule out any "foreign" DNA in the trunk.

Since KC is GA's daughter, KC has half of her genes in common with GA, and some percentage, which varies, in common with LA, also a child of GA. The mtDNA would not match, but there would be alleles in common with GA and LA, KC and Caylee - they are related.

If Caylee has more than the expected half of her alleles in common with her mother KC, it could be evidence that Caylee's father was a relative of KC - since KC carries some of her male relatives DNA. Does that make sense?

My opinion, if there was any suspicion of any incest, LE would not allow KC to remain in the A household. She is very unstable, for whatever reason, and I don't think they would risk giving her that kind of defense - intimidation, scared of LE...etc.

LE has a full nuclear DNA profile for Caylee, either from an item belonging to Caylee or from the paternity test re JG. They can id Caylee's DNA whether they know who her father is or not.

LE probably took a DNA sample from Casey to compare the mtDNA, or the mother DNA, of the hair in the trunk, as hair itself doesn't have full DNA. LE may have also taken samples from the other A family members, to rule out any "foreign" DNA in the trunk.

Since KC is GA's daughter, KC has half of her genes in common with GA, and some percentage, which varies, in common with LA, also a child of GA. The mtDNA would not match, but there would be alleles in common with GA and LA, KC and Caylee - they are related.

If Caylee has more than the expected half of her alleles in common with her mother KC, it could be evidence that Caylee's father was a relative of KC - since KC carries some of her male relatives DNA. Does that make sense?

My opinion, if there was any suspicion of any incest, LE would not allow KC to remain in the A household. She is very unstable, for whatever reason, and I don't think they would risk giving her that kind of defense - intimidation, scared of LE...etc.

Okay, I think somewhere in your post is my answer, but can you spell it out for me in simple terms that even I can understand? If a DNA profile has already been done on Caylee, would it be immediately apparent that her father was a close relative of Casey, even without knowing who the father actually is?

Okay, I think somewhere in your post is my answer, but can you spell it out for me in simple terms that even I can understand? If a DNA profile has already been done on Caylee, would it be immediately apparent that her father was a close relative of Casey, even without knowing who the father actually is?

I think so - but don't hold me to it. I'm looking up consanguous DNA right now.

I believe they could get a full profile from the blood, fluids, etc in the trunk. I don't believe they would be trying to get it from the hair. There are normally pieces of scalp attached to hair when a body is dead and the hair is found. The scalp it'self "lets loose." It does not take that much to type the full DNA profile and I would bet they have more than enough to have already profiled it.

Quick answer to that is yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member